lost 5lb in 3 days

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Nika 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hi.
    I have been on the 5.2 since monday 25th,this is my 4th day,did the fasting monday and tuesday of 500 cals .weighed today because i was curious and i have lost 5lb so far in 3 days,on my none fasting days i am having 1000 cals a day and i really am struggling to eat these,i am finding difficult to fit them all in.I am not hugely over weight but do need to come down 2 stone at least.could i have less cals on my none fasting days to get to my target weight quicker,I do light excersize like walking or riding my bike.Is their any rule on this diet that i have to eat all my calories that the online calculator said ishould eat which was 1958,i am struggling with a 1000 as it is.Any advice would be much appreciated.
    Many Thanks
    Lyn.

Hi ladybird – congrats on your 5lb loss. Do bear in mind though that some who (for reasons best known to their shrinks) insist on weighing themselves every day, have reported that their ‘best’ weight of the week is usually 2 days after their last fast day. So if you weighed yourself again tomorrow you might be disheartened by what you saw. I’d stick to weighing yourself on this day every week (if you must) from now on and at no other time, to avoid depressing yourself, if weight loss is what you’re mostly interested in.

Also, I’m not a doctor so I can’t speak with any authority but I would say that 1000 calories on a non-fastday is probably not enough. Although ‘fasting’ doesn’t trigger it, as we all know, there is such a thing as ‘starvation mode’ and you don’t want your body hanging on to its fat reseves for dear life, so I’d advise that you do try to get a bit closer to your TDEE.

As long as you are 3000ish calories under your total recommended calories for the week (TDEE x 7) you should lose 1lb per week, which is gradual enough to make it easy on your body/skin and be long-term sustainable. Go for a bit more if you want to – each to their own – but do try to think of this as your lifestyle forever and do what will work for you longterm, rather than trying to race to some invisible finish line.

Good luck with your journey.

Thank you tracyj.i have taken on board what you have said,I am not going to weigh now until my fasting day which is monday and then every monday after that.I was just a little curious thats all.I would like to loose a little bit more than 1lb a week as i am not the patient type at the best of times,however i will try to eat as close to my TDEE as i can.I fully understand this is a life changing process and yes you are right i should not be in a hurry.Good luck to you.x

I use the rule to try to never go below 1300 on a non-fast day. I don’t count calories on my non fasting days, so I’m not sure how I’m doing… but be careful not too eat too little. I tend to supplement with bacon when I am having trouble getting to my calorie count!

Also keep making sure you give your body all nutrients it needs, like vitamins and minerals. These are extremely important for your body when you’re losing weight. Eat fruit, veggies and meat / fish! You can also invest in a multivitamin, as some on here do, but as long as you eat balanced you should be OK.

I’m not a very patient person either, so I’d like to lose 10lb a week as well – but it’s just not healthy. So instead of eating less, maybe up your exercise? That can also increase your appetite a bit, making it easier to eat 1300 calories.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.