Lime & Soy Tuna with Egg Fried 'Rice'

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Food Recipes
Lime & Soy Tuna with Egg Fried 'Rice'

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  msxjsds 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Hi all!

I wanted to share this recipe I had for dinner on my fast day today. It was delicious & filling & I used cauliflower for the first time as ‘rice’ – it worked perfectly! Great for those craving asian style food but much healthier than a chinese takeaway!

The whole dish comes to 415 calories.

For pictures of the dish and more on how to make the ‘rice’, the link to my post about it is here:

http://thefastingdoctor.wordpress.com/2014/08/08/fast-day-day-17-lime-soy-tuna-with-egg-fried-rice/

Ingredients (to serve 1)

1 tuna steak around 200g (mine was just under)
    1 lime
    Teaspoon soy sauce
    1/2 a medium head of cauliflower
    1 egg
    1-2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
    3-4 scallions, chopped
    Dried chilli flakes, salt & pepper to taste
    Salad leaves to serve (I would have preferred some blanched pak choi or broccoli but I didn’t have any in the fridge!)

Place the tuna steak in a bowl & squeeze over the lime & soy sauce with some pepper. Leave to marinade whilst you prepare the other ingredients.

Cut your cauliflower into florets. Rinse them. Do not dry. As we are not cooking with oil, the water will help to cook them later. Use a processor/blender/grater to create your bowl of rice-like ‘grains’.

Heat up a non-stick pan on medium heat. Pop your ‘rice’ in (with your chilli flakes, salt & pepper) and start sautéing for 3 minutes. Then add the scallions for another 2 minutes. As we’re not using oil, you have to watch your rice like a hawk so that it doesn’t burn/stick to the pan (a little bit will probably stick). You can add a little bit of water to keep things moving, but not too much as the cauliflower will soak it up pronto and become more gummy-like.

Crack your egg in, mix it through & serve.

Use the same pan to cook your tuna steak. I like my tuna rare (as it doesn’t dry out!) so I literally sear it both sides for a minute or two, but if you prefer it well cooked then you may have to cook them for about 5 mins each side.

Serve with a side salad/pak choi/broccoli.

Enjoy!

This sounds amazing – I am going to make it for my husband and I next week. Can’t wait – thanks for sharing.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.