keto flu

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  bigbooty 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• I came across the keto diet about a week ago and decided to give it a try. first few days were great and felt great !!!!
    last night and tonight (working nightshift on an oil rig) feels like death incarnate.
    now trying to read up on keto flu and side effects and looking like Ive went a bit too heavy too quickly. feels like the worst flu ever , no energy , no appetite for food , brain fog, queezy stomach the works. ive kinda sussed I should have been taking something to supplement lost minerals but being 190 miles out to sea away from the nearest holland and barrett has me stumped. thinking of going back to carbs until Im more fixed or does this mean Im possibly close to nirvana??

You felt great because you probably had about 48-60 hours worth of glycogen stored in your muscles and liver. When that ran out you experienced “keto flu”. The reason for that is that your liver is not able to process stored fats fast enough to supply energy to you. It probably hasn’t had to do it for years and so with any organ that hasn’t actually needed to do anything its become lazy. It will take at least a month before your liver is even working remotely well. It took me about 6 months before my liver was firing on all cylinders. I used to water fast for 60 hours (2 days). I hit my goal weight but still water fast for 36 hours one day) once per week. I find water fasting very easy to do now, I noticed the change at about the 6 month mark. I don’t follow a keto diet but I do get the majority of my carbs from veggies. No grain based foods. Hang tough you’ll get over the hump, give it a month.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.