Just starting today – first fast day (yuck!)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  fasting_me 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• I’m giving this a shot. What has never worked for me long term is calorie counting that involves scales, a calculator, etc. My cooking is so involved and from scratch, it’s maddening. So I really don’t want to be parsing calories for changing menus on fast days…I also want an excuse to not cook at all for my family of 5 on fast days…

So here’s what I’m thinking – so I only have to count to 5 😉

Coffee
    1 Ideal Protein packet (90-100 calories, 18g protein) (I have ton of these from past dieting)
    1 hard boiled egg (76 calories)
    3 Noka Superfood packets to sip on whenever (110 caloriesx3)
    Tea, water, lemon, mint, whatever else to make 0-calorie drinking interesting

Is anyone else doing this diet like this?

I’ve been up for 4 hours and thinking constantly about food…I’m hoping this will get better…I keep seeing posts about staying busy on your first fast day, but I’m wondering if hiding under the covers wouldn’t be better. lol.

Gina

If you actually want a break from cooking, at least give yourself some real protein to eat. It keeps you full longer. I love to cook involved meals too, which is how I got into recipe development. Not as a job, but to get some great Fast meals with good nutrition.

Try this:
    Salmon Roasted with Tomatoes: 288 calories 14.5 g fat 2.9 g fiber 27.6 g protein 7.9 g carbs 268 mg Calcium PB GF One of the earliest meals we made when starting the Fast Diet, this recipe hails from the Fast Diet book in a slightly altered form. Still a favorite. Quick and delicious.
    4 oz salmon 10 cherry tomatoes [5 oz] 1 Tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated ½ cup green beans or 2 oz sugar snap peas seasonings to taste
    Spritz a small oven-proof pan with olive oil or non-stick spray. Put the salmon in the pan and sprinkle with seasonings of your choice. Arrange the tomatoes on/around the salmon. Sprinkle with parmesan. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Meanwhile steam the green vegetables.

Or this:
    White Fish Baked with cheese: 145 calories 5.9 g fat 0 g fiber 33 g protein 0.2 g carb 129 mg Calcium PB GF Another winner from the Fast Diet book.
    6 oz firm white fish fillets such as haddock or cod 1/2 oz cheddar cheese, grated Your choice of vegetables to add up to 125 calories: ½ cup pickled beets [74 cal] 3 oz green beans [26 cal] ½ cup peas [62 calories] ½ cup carrot coins [12 cal] 3 oz broccoli florets [30 cal] 2 oz parsnip, sliced as coins [42 cal] 1 cups salad greens + ½ tsp lemon juice + 1 tsp olive oil [48 cal] 3 oz tomatoes [15 cal]
    Heat the oven to 400 F. Put the fish in an oven-proof dish which has been lightly smeared with olive oil. Sprinkle the cheese on top. Bake for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the vegetables of your choice.

These meals go together in minutes and could be served to the whole family if you added some pasta or rolls for them to eat.

Thank u for the recipes! I will try!

Will you be Fasting tomorrow?
    We eat seafood on Monday evenings, and meat for Fast meals on thursday. Eggs are on the menu for Fast Mondays and Thursdays. If you want more recipes, let me know.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.