Just started yesterday. Fast days are hard!!

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  symba7 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• I need to lose a few stone and though I would give this a go as my husband signed up for it.

Started yesterday with our first fast day. It was quite difficult.

Found myself dreaming about food all day.

Does it get easier?

M

Hello,

Congrats on doing your first fast. Well done! I found that it got easier only in that I had done if before, so I knew that I could do it again. Some days I do find easy. I don’t get that hungry, the day kind of fly’s by and I don’t really think too much about it. Other days I wake up hungry, feel hungry all day and by night time, even eating a lettuce on it’s own sounds fantastic! lol. Most days, I don’t find too bad, around dinner time it is difficult, but by the time I go to bed I am fine. I do alternate fasting though and water fast on my fasting days, so I fast a lot, lol!

I figure that regardless on how difficult or not it is, I need/want to lose weight, so I have to stick with this. I have lost 25 kilo’s so far, so it does work. You just need to stick with it!

Good luck 🙂

Well done on losing so much. Why do you “water fast”?

I’m hoping this works for me and will stick with it even if it is hard.

It’s just another form of fasting. The longer you fast for, the better the benefits (within reason, lol.) You will find what works for you and get into a rhythm. I still have 12 or so kilo’s to go, so will be around the boards for awhile yet. Good luck and I hope to see you around 🙂

I find water fasting easier as it stops me clock watching to see how long it is until dinner time and I think about food much less as I know there isn’t any forthcoming. I also find it easier as once I start eating I don’t want to stop.

ABH, it take a while to get your head round fasting and for your body to adapt. It does get easier but as ETJ says, there will always be difficult days, and very occasionally there might be a day where you just have to accept that it isn’t going to work and start agin the next day.

ABH,

Im another one that found water fasting easier to do rather than counting calories. But do what is possible for you. Its tough for about a month and then it gets easier. It takes time for your liver to start working properly. Initially I would dream of certain foods and how I would absolutely devour it once my fast was over. Weird but when I broke my fast Id have a small portion and feel satisfied. Fasting teaches you portion control and you become attuned to the feeling satiation.

Drink lots of water while fasting. Good luck it works.

Thanks to all of you for replying. It’s a fast day today again and I am drinking my morning coffee.

Lunch will be two oatcakes and a weightwatchers soup!

Then lots of vegetables, quinoa and 3 quorn sausages for dinner.

Dessert is a sugar free Jelly!

Enjoy your day!! 🙂

I have been fasting with my husband since December and we have lost three stone between us.

Hubby has lost 5″ around his waist (his only measurement) and I have lost 4″ around mine….my bust, waist, hips and top of two legs I have lost 15 1/2 ” all together. Do measure yourselves as fat moves and not weight sometimes, we do it once a month.

We had a very good week last week food wise, hubby was up 2 lbs and I was the same, a bit disappointed but it is sometimes how it goes so I thought I would give us a boost and re measure….very very pleased.

We find we can’t do the water only fasts, we do it as the book says, we have Friday morning weigh in day, log it, then have Friday off, a nice meal out maybe a wine or beer or 2 a bit of what you fancy. It works for us as its a way of life and you also have to live. We keep well under our TDEE on non fast days 1200/1300 calories more on a Friday.

It does get easier after a couple of weeks, your tummy starts to get smaller, keep busy, whatever suits you…one big thing I have noticed is my shopping bill has been cut in half!!

Doing it with your hubby is the best thing as you both cheer each other along, keeping off naughty things.

Good luck and keep going it’s an amazing way of life but give it a chance it works.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply.