Just getting started !!

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  fasting_me 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Hi, I am on day 3 today. A friend mentioned this to me and I thought I’d give it a go. I’ve done a little reading and am keen to get a few recipes. I made the Chinese Chow Mein on Tuesday night and loved it. Even my husband enjoyed it. That was my first fasting day. I have decided to fast on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

I want to lose about 10 kgms , just to help me feel better about myself. I was always around 54 kgms and now I weigh just over 64. It may not sound a lot but it sure makes a difference to how your clothes fit !
    I walk every day with canine friends.
    It’ll be nice to be able to share how we’re all going on here.
    Annie

Hi Annie J S
    I too am just starting 5:2 (again!), although I did really well on it a year or so ago, losing 10kg, but life got in the way… I really want to feel better and healthier for the summer (I’m in New Zealand). Ultimately I would like to be around 63kg, but that is a big ask, so for now I’m happy to look at losing 10kg.

Hello Annie J S – I can only encourage you to give it a try and stay focused. I am totally fascinated by 5:2! I am short (154 cm) and had put on about 8kg since I was 20. I am now 59 and about to retire from work. So I thought I will not be fat any more. Enough! I started in May 2018 and I’m down 5.7kg. By now, I got so used to fasting Mondays and Thursdays, I don’t even think about it anymore. You seem to have dogs? So you can give them extra time walking with them for whichever meal you skip. Don’t get irritated if you stay at the same level for 2 weeks, this happens. Don’t give up. Wishing you the best of luck and success!

Thanks bualoy,
    I’m hoping I will stay motivated. I do dog walking as well as have our own dog I walk, so exercise shouldn’t be a problem.
    I am 165 cm and am 58 . I finished my working career 2years ago and have been walking 🐶🐶since then.
    I guess that shows it is my diet that needs addressing, if I hadn’t been walking I may have gained even more weight.
    You’ve done well in a few months!
    Thanks for the tips ☺️- and the encouragement.

I am going to cook the Roasted Ratatouille tonight🙂

Hi WACM,
    I know what you mean. Life does get in the way.
    It must be difficult for people with careers and families to cook for to stay on track.
    It’s only really my husband and I now at home. He likes to cook but is not big on fasting.

I’m hoping to try a number of different recipes to share with him that we both will enjoy, and will be healthy for us both. It can only do us good!

I needed to do something for myself as well, as I was feeling flat and unmotivated.

We have a wedding coming up too, in December, so added incentive for me.

Hi Annie
    I have my eldest daughters 21st in December and know there will be lots of family photos, so would like to look my best – a big incentive for me

Oh, …and Annie, please remember to drink much more water than you’d usually do on your fasting days. Else you might get a headache and get slightly grumpy. That’s what happened to me. This effect too went away after 2-3 fasting days in my case.

Annie, as you get adjusted to eating on Fast Days, give a little thought to what you eat on Slow Days. You plan to up your exercise a bit: good. At the same time, find 100 calories that you could eliminate from your diet every Slow Day: ex: a few crackers; a cookie; 1 oz of pasta; a slice of bread. This will help without making you feel deprived.

bualoy, good advice about the water. So important.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply.