It really does work!

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  dykask 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• I started the programme in November 2017 and I have lost now just over 3 stone with another half a stone to go. I have also lost 4” off my waist. I usually fast on Monday and Wednesday .Breakfast is usually a 2 egg omelette with mushrooms and spinach followed by a bowl of defrosted frozen fruit. I keep with me during the day a number of easy peel oranges incase I feel hungry. Lunch is usually a mixed salad and supper a stir fried chicken breast with as much stir fried vegetables I can eat( use spray oil) followed by more fruit.
    On the other days I eat broadly normally but try to watch the portion sizes and avoid any really high calorie things like pastry and cheese
    What has really helped is exercising. I go to the gym 3 times a week for an hour at a time and I can now do a 5k run in about 30 mins.
    I find exercising great as it allows you to eat more and not feel hungry.
    It’s funny I look forward to the fast days now ! When I get to my ideal weight I plan to fast one day per week and see how I get on.
    I think it is important to exercise as this has helped speed up the weight loss. Before I lost weight I was beginning to get a number of aches in my knee joints these have all gone.
    The diet is really simple and much better than counting calories.What piles on the weight for me is the carbs. I love good bread. I still eat bread just less of it !
    However you have got to want for it to work. At the end of the day the only real way to loose weight and keep it off is to eat less and move around more.

Good job, Middleagedman. I hope lots of people read your testimonial and are encouraged to Fast.

Awesome!

My first fast day starts tomorrow – I am like so many of us diet weight back on repeat – but this time I want it to be a one way trip. So wish me luck & I too am joining the journey you share.

Good luck and stick with. If you are likely to feel hungry during the day make sure you keep some fruit with you.
    What helped spur me on was the positive comments I received from people I had not seen for a while.Another tip only weigh yourself once a week and keep a pen and paper to hand to record your weight loss journey.
    Best wishes

Thanks for the tips – I’ll keep you posted!!

Hello, tomorrow im going to start my journey of 7 days water fast and I need a support

Hi Halen:

Have you ever water fasted? Do you know what the side effects are?

I have done many water fasts, some as long as 10 days. I do not advise that anyone do longer term water fasts without first ‘working into them’. For awhile, some came to this site thinking they needed to start 5:2 with a 4 day water fast. I don’t think we ever heard from any of them again.

I don’t know your background, but if you have never water fasted, I highly recommend you don’t start with a seven day fast.

Good Luck!

Hi Halen,I agree with simcoeluv. I did a 53 hr water fast recently prior to surgery. The first few hours were difficult as my brain and body adjusted to the fast. I have to say that mentally I just about managed it and I did it as a one off. Start it as an experiment, diary your feelings and experiences and then, taking simcoeluv advice extend the water fast over several weeks to achieve your goals. There is no rush with this way of life.
    Good luck.

@halen, how is it going? I’ve fasted up to 7 days. When I last did it I found the third day was the hardest for a while but then it became pretty easy. You have to drink a lot because you will dehydrate.

I’m lucky as I’ve had few side effects but many people get headaches. Sometimes just a bit of salt mixed in some water can help. Others will use bone broth but that contains some protein and may interfere with what you want to accomplish with your fast.

Since we don’t know why you are doing this or what you hope to get out of it, it is kind of hard to support you. When I did it I was watching my blood glucose and ketone levels like a hawk. I wanted to know what was happening.

I think there is value in sometimes doing multiple day fasts. I’m not sure there is much value in in 7 days than over 4 or 5 days, other than to say I’ve fasted for a week.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply.