Ideas for butternut squash

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Food Recipes
Ideas for butternut squash

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  K- Lo 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Hi everyone
    My fast day is tomorrow and I’m thinking of what delights I can have for my main meal. I have cauliflower and butternut squash at home and would like to use them up so what can I cook that’s tasty and satisfying? any ideas please????

I put chunks of butternut squash ( about a half pound) in a pressure cooker (mine is a very small one) I had a bit of shredded cabbage, some onion that I usually braise in a non stick pan to brown it first, any chopped veggie I have sitting around, I add a cup or more or chicken or veggie broth. All kinds of spices including cumin go very well. Time the cooker for about ten minutes. A pretty nice stew/soup full of nutrients. Half a cup of dried lentils is also a nice addition but you have to add more broth and cook maybe 5 minutes more. This might also do well in a slow cooker but I haven’t tried that yet.

I made butternut squash soup! I found the recipe online and its 64 calories per portion (although I think this must have been a small portion so I had about 1 and a half portions totalling about 96 calories)

Fry 1 onion and 2 cloves of garlic in 1 cal spray. Once softened add them to a pan with 1 litre chicken stock. Chop up the butternut squash and add this to the pan of water, onion and garlic. Add seasoning of your choice, I added some mixed herbs, salt, pepper, chilli powder and quite a bit of coriander! Leave for about 25 minutes (until the squash is soft) and you can always add more seasoning at the end if you want more flavour!
    Hope this helps 🙂

As I love butternut squash I baked it into a pie which was yummy in which butter squash,sage,Parmesan pasties is used. Even i tired soup during winter season it was basic tomato soup with cream.For this recipe you need fresh tomato soup and cream of winter squash. Squash itself is so rich. You can try this out.

Butternut squash quinoa patties.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.