high protein vegetarian options for fast days?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Food Recipes
high protein vegetarian options for fast days?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  wheysted 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hi all, i am looking at starting to do the 5:2 diet and heard the author talking on radio2 today. He mentioned about having a high protein diet on your fast days. Being vegetarian in not sure what is the best way to do this. Had anyone managed to adhesive it? Got ideas /recipes or even ideas for which book to buy. Many thanks

Hi. I’m not vegetarian, but find vegetarian dishes very satisfying for a fast day. All types of beans, lentils, and tofu, are high in protein. Also eggs and cheese, but cheese also usually high in fat. I make lots of different types of soup with chick peas, lentils or beans, usually adding veg such as onions, celery, cabbage or tinned tomatoes, which are very low in calories. You can flavour with herbs, lemon juice, piquant sauces, or coconut, for example. I find googling the ingredient very helpful for estimating calories. A nice cookery book is: 5:2 Vegetarian by Celia Brooks. Good luck. I’ve been doing this for almost 4 months now, and have lost 6 and a half kilos.

I eat a lot of vegan meals because of my wife. You can add in soybeans, tofu, things like that. My wife uses foodcount.com meal idea page to find vegan and high protein meals. My favorite is a blackbean burger. Yes, not as good as a normal burger for me but a lot healthier I suppose!

textured vegetable protein (tvp) has 50% protein and little else. I cooked it in a tomato sauce and ate with veggies. Very easy, ok taste and very low cal.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.