Had gallbladder removed 5 years ago , Am I good for Fasting?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Food Recipes
Had gallbladder removed 5 years ago , Am I good for Fasting?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  KatBallou 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Folks ,
    Just curious if any of you have insight about going on fasting, when some one don’t have gall bladder. After surgery doctor advised me to eat small meals every 4 hours. They said , Gallbladder stores and control the bile. Now there is no place to store, so it goes directly into the belly. And there must be some food in belly all the time.
    Any advice and past experience will be appreciated.

I started 5:2 about three years ago, shortly before I had my gallbladder removed. I have noticed no negative effects from fasting, and I have never needed to keep food in my stomach at all times. My digestion is no different post-surgery than pre-surgery, and I have not had to adjust my eating patterns. The only time I have issues are when I consume massive amounts of fat, which is rare. Eating every four hours and keeping your stomach full sounds like it could easily lead to weight gain. In my experience, fasting is fine.

Thanks Katie, I have started it too and hoping for the best.

Hi. I had my gallbladder removed 13 years ago. I agree that eating frequently can lead to over eating and weight gain and that can also lead to bloating. I have just completed my 4th fast day over 2 weeks and looking to weigh in the morning. What ever the scales say at this stage it doesn’t matter as I feel great!

Had my gallbladder out 2 years ago and experience severe diarrhea after first meal of the day. Doesn’t matter what time of day that is and can last several hours. Have been water fasting for 3 days and only had problems when taking a vitamin, again severe diarrhea for half the day. Not looking forward to eating that first meal. Any suggestions and or ideas is appreciated.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.