Goal is Weight Loss but be healthy too!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Goal is Weight Loss but be healthy too!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  wittsend 11 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• I saw Dr. Mosley on the CBS morning show earlier this year. The diet was so intriguing and I wanted to lose some weight so started on April 15. Most of my adult life (I am 64) I weighed 118-120 pounds. But as I got older the pounds were creeping on even though I am a regular walker. I did recognize some bad habits I was getting into….snacking and larger portions. Weighed in at 149 lbs at my medical physical in February. Yikes! So started the 5:2 on April 15, beginning weight 147.4 lbs and now July 10 weigh in at 134.2 lbs. My goal was to lose 15 lbs so almost there. My husband has lost 8 lbs but he didn’t need to so kind of watching that he doesn’t get crazy skinny. I do think hard about what I eat on non-fast days and also feel fuller faster so the portion size I think is helping me keep weight down. My clothing size went from a 10 to 8 and the 8’s are getting quite loose. I’m excited about this eating plan and will continue it regardless of weight loss for the health benefits.

I agree I thinks its as important to use the diet to reset the bad habits and portion size as I don’t feel as hungry. It worries me when I see the ” you can eat what you want on the non fast days”. I understand that the non fast days one should eat 2000 Kcal, its too easy to eat 2500-3000 by eating unhealthy high calorie food. Its taken my 3 months to gradually reduce the amount of sugar and fats to a lower amount, so I can enjoy them without putting weight on. BTW I’m 35lb down with 36lb to lose.

Hi,

I have found that I at least notice when and I’m eating now. For me one of the things that I have taken notice of is when and where I tend to eat when I’m not really hungry. I spend a lot of time driving so I have what I call “car food”. Mostly I eat in the car because of boredom. It would be the same as sitting at a desk all day. Pretty much enforced physical inactivity. So for something to do, I find myself reaching for a snack. I was able to control that on my fast days and am less likely to do it on non-fast days. But sometimes I do indulge and I don’t feel particularly bad about it. I don’t eat without realizing it anymore and I feel it is a treat I allow myself now.

DFaithful, you can eat anything you want. You just shouldn’t eat EVERYTHING you want. I think that most of us are perfectly aware when we over indulge in food, often we have trouble admitting to ourselves that is why the weight is not going down. Sounds like you have come up with a way to make 5:2 work for you and just think of all of the health benefits.

MAWard, you are doing so well on this, I’m sure you will be on maintenance soon. Congratulations.

Quick

i am going to give this a try but need others to help me stay focused
    i tend to pig out of a night when i’m by myself …. hide chocolates so no-one else gets them ( hubby mainly )
    I don’t know if I can do it but will give it a try
    I’m 76klgs and need to come down to 60klgs …. hopefully
    but I cant do this a lone
    thankyou

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.