First day of trying AGAIN to lose weight

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ruths06 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Good morning all. Today is the first day on the 5:2 fast diet. Having been extremely slim all my life, size 8 and between 8st and 8st 4, I hit 40 and an early menopause(nice). At a petite 5’2 I am now 10st 1 with a collosal 35 1/2 inch waist with an even bigger bust. I wont go into details on this as i have always been big in this area!!
    I love love love my clothes more than i love chocolate and wine and having bought the most gorgeous Jenny Packham dress in a size 12 and needing a spanx dress on underneath i look and feel repulsive. Oh and not to mention the most fabulous family wedding this weekend with the in laws who are all gorgeous and slim.
    yes I have left it late, I am the worlds best procrastinator, however 3-4lbs loss this week will undoubtedly help to reduce the bloated stomach i am sure.
    So having read the book over the weekend does anyone have any extra tips for me please. I will be doing 500 cals for 4 days to give me a head start.
    xx

hi Ruth and welcome onboard and 5.2, great choice!
    I am the same height as you, maybe a bit less lol, since July I have gone from 9.13 to 9.5 and hope to get to just under 9 and i’ll be hapy, and because its not a huge amount its been very slow so far but I don’t mind!
    you sound all prepared and determined and that will see you through am sure!!
    great positive attitude is half the battle.. good luck on your journey and let us know how you get on!
    happy fasting 🙂

Angie x

I can’t really give you any tips, but just wanted to say that I started today too! And isn’t Ruth the best name ever?! Its actually my middle name but I love it!

I’m 5ft 7 and I’m bordering on 11 stone (10st 11 to be precise) and its the heaviest I’ve ever been. I too, LOVE my clothes, and I feel disgusting in all of them so that motivated me to get on and do something about it this new year. I know what you mean about spanx too, they are genius but they don’t make me feel very attractive!

I’m aiming for around, or just over 9 stone so we’ll see…

Today was hard, but I managed only 497 with copious cups of black tea!

Good luck x

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.