First Day of Fast and Feeling a Little Lightheaded

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
First Day of Fast and Feeling a Little Lightheaded

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  dimples0523 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Hi, I’m on my first day of the 5-2 diet and so far so good, but I just started feeling a little lightheaded. Any suggestions on what to do? I ate an egg sandwich this morning at about 9:10 am and have been drinking water since. The hunger part so far I can deal with, but this feeling is a little strange – will it pass?

Hi dimples, I remember feeling a bit peculiar towards the end of my first fast day. They do get easier! In terms of dealing with hunger I find it easier to not eat at all until evening, otherwise I’m ravenous if I have anything to eat earlier on in the day. Other people eat small bits throughout the day. Experiment and see what works best for you. Good luck!

Hi Dimples,
    To me the fastdays are not alike. One fastday I feel great and then the next I feel terrible with headache. So I would not say it gets better. Some fastdays are better and some are worse. But it is worth it! After a fastday comes an eating day!
    Ninna

StephB and Ninna – thanks for your help! I’m actually not hungry right now, just lightheaded. I’m trying to split the 500 calories into two meals. I guess I’ll eat again when I get home from work tonight around 6:30. But I thought the best way to do this is to only eat 500 calories on the fast days and not eat inbetween the two meals today? Maybe as I go on, if this still happens, I should eat some almonds or an apple?

The lightheadedness is just your body detoxing from food. Don’t worry about it. Just try to distract yourself as much as possible. For the first few fasts, while your body is acclimating to getting used to going with no or minimal calories, see if you can grab a nap. If not, just try to power through. Mind over matter!

Hello it is my first fast day and when I had my (300cal) meal this evening I became quite light headed and dizzy after that. Is that something anyone else has experience of. Is it normal? I decided to split my 500 calls into 3, a peach for breakfast, miso soup and a few bits of pineapple for lunch, and baked chicken (60g) with steamed asparagus, broccoli on lettuce for dinner. When I started eating the dinner I felt like it was hard to eat which surprised me as I had been feeling hungry on and off all day. But just a few minutes after I finished eating I became dizzy and felt weird.
    Any suggestions welcome

Hi Afshan and welcome! I noticed that the lightheadedness stopped after a few days. You will notice as you do this program, it gets easier and easier. Good luck!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.