First Day

This topic contains 10 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Me 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• Hello everyone. It is my first day on the fast diet and feeling ok so far but it is only 10 am (hahaha). I haven’t eaten since my dinner last night at 6pm and hope to last till about midday today before having to eat. I understand that this first day is the hardest so I am not looking forward to the rest of the day.

I too have started today and so far have had an apple and some carrots. It’s about now I would be standing at the vending maching purchasing a bag of crisps after a bowl of Granola for breccie.

I keep saying to myself – only 1 day, only 1 day!

So far so good.

You might be surprised. I just started last week and found it to be much more a psychological game than a physical one.

Keep busy, drink lots of water. Remember that it is ok to be hungry and in time it will pass.

Good luck!!

hi and welcome to all of you just starting 5.2!

yes its only one day, you are doing great and just think, tomorrow will be all yours, yay!!!!

happy fasting 🙂

For work and social reasons, my first day is tomorrow….going for Tuesday and Thursday fasts…reason for starting this diet is simple enough. I am 46, 5ft 4in tall, and weight 13.3 stone. Want to lose a couple of stone, having gone up from size14 to near 18 over past few years, largely down to snacking and large portions….

My partner cooks healthy, largely non processed meals, so my plan is to cut out snacking, fast two days a week, and cut alcohol week nights!!

Found forum helpful in thinking through plan, and will be intrigued to see how it goes. Very motivated to do well, with hols booked in September this year…because I work 12 hours a day, think I am going to start with small brekkie rather than try to go all way through to 7.30pm before eating..so split calories 100/150 at start of day and 350 at evening meal…

My first day too. Feeling positive, started the day with porridge and looking forward to vegetarian chilli tonight. Tummy is just starting to rumble now, so had a black coffee.
    A work friend has being doing 5:2 since July and has lost 2 stone, lowered her BP and feels fitter.
    Good luck everyone.

Good morning all,

Today is my first day back on 5:2. This time I’m going to make it a lifestyle instead of just another diet.

Greetings!

Since I knew that I would start my first fast day this morning, I have spent the last four or five days doing my old ‘fruits only till lunch time’ deal. I had a navel orange and an apple. This was always fine and, it seems, a good beginning.

I was perfectly fine with a soft-boiled egg and an orange for breakfast. That is till about 1700 when unconscious hunger pangs made me reach for an apple in the bowl always on the table. I put the bowl away, but kept reaching for an apple every five minutes. So I started making my dinner which I had planned carefully in advance. I usually eat dinner, much, much later, but alas…

Did it ever taste good! I am still snacking on 150g. of English cucumber, which is quite a LARGE bowl of cucumber.

A good day! With good planning and good wholesome foodstuff, continuing this 5/2 fast diet should be just fine.

Nanna

Edited to add that I am in Denmark and an hour ahead of England 😉

First day for me too 🙂 Currently starving lol ….. splitting breakfast and dinner … porridge and grapefruit this am and fish for dinner.

Need to lose 10 kg …. it has crept on ! Wonder if that’s doable ..

Best of luck to all !!!!

Every Monday feels like the First Fast for me! I’ve been doing this for 3 months and every Mondays’ Fast is always the hardest, but is also the day with the biggest results.

The first two weeks were the hardest for me, but if I am excited about the meals I’m going to have it makes it easier.

I’m a foodie, so depriving myself isn’t going to keep me doing this longterm, so I write a weekly blog post about yummy recipes and meal plans that stick to the Fast Diet (http://meg-made.blogspot.co.uk). Good luck all!!! xx

thanks for the link to your blog spot Meg 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply.