Feeling light headed and switched off

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Mind Coping strategies for hunger
Feeling light headed and switched off

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Nika 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Just begun the diet and on my second day of fasting – are these reactions normal and will they get better?

Hey Books,

Yeah you should give it some more time. It’s quite normal for your body to display these symptoms when it feels like it’s low on sugar, because it’s probably used to getting a lot of carbs all day long.
    I remember having it when I went low carb and started fasting, it’s quite normal. If it persists past your first month you should look at other possible causes though.
    Btw, are you drinking enough? My water intake almost doubles on fast days.

Hi Brooks
    I’m on day 4 and I have experienced headaches every night since beginning this WOE, except for tonight! Yay!. I’ve put my headaches down to sugar withdrawal. I have cut back my sugar intake drastically as I change my feast days to healthy eating days. But the benefits out way any short term pain. Since starting I have noticed real changes, I am now waking up more easily and with heaps of energy. And this spurs me on for the day.
    Keep going, give your body time to adjust and you’ll reap the benefits.

Sugar withdrawal is definitely an issue.. I’m Scottish I was raised on sugar and I definitely am suffering withdrawal symptoms now I’m trying to reduce my sugar consumption.

Hey Books, how’d your third day go?

I’m on week 4 and this is the first fast day that I haven’t had a headache by late afternoon. I think it just takes time for your body to adjust to the new regime. It’s worth persevering for the results.

C’mon Books, don’t leave us hanging! 🙂 How’re you doing?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.