Feeling hungry tonight!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  aitch51 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Just done my first day of fasting and found it okay but am super hungry now! Is this common? 🙂 Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Well done for completing your first fastday. I’m guessing that you had bits & bobs throughout the day rather than 1 500/600 calorie meal at the end of the day? If so and you found the fasting day OK – next time try to last as long as you possibly can before you have any calories and save as many as you can until as late as possible in the day. I don’t mind feeling a little peckish when I go to bed but I wouldn’t like to be starving hungry while trying to get to sleep, so that is what I do and it works for me.

Some people are also upping their protein intake on fastdays, as protein helps you stay fuller for longer (carbs & suger make you hungrier quicker), so you might want to try that. Lean meat/fish & lots of veg for your last meal of the day. Try not to over do the dairy though as that can counteract any benefits you may be getting to your cholesterol count.

I did my first day yesterday. I did feel very hungry during the day, having 0% fat Greek yogurt and blueberries for lunch with no breakfast. I had a chicken and green vegetables meal at supper, and was quite surprised by the amount of chicken recipe gave me. Due to unforeseen circumstances I didn’t get to eat until 7 o’clock so it was pretty hungry by then!!! But it did fill me and I didn’t get hungry during the evening. More incredibly when I got up at 3 AM to feed my baby I didn’t feel hungry at all. Perhaps keeping it to two meals as the other person suggested would be best for you. Good luck!

Thank you Tracy and alfie. Yes that is exactly what I did, banana in the morning, low-fat crisps in the afternoon then a Weight Watchers lasagne and side salad for dinner! Thanks alot for your help – I’ll make sure I’ve had protein tomorrow before bed and will see how I get on, hopefully won’t be as hungry at nearly midnight!

Hi all

I’ve had the occasional bout of after-dinner hunger on fast days, but (so far) it’s never been bad enough to send me to the kitchen and off the fast. I manage to get to sleep even when hungry (or is that just peckish).

To me, this is very reassuring, and I now know that hunger, or what passes for it, does not have to be treated with food whenever it rears its ugly head.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.