Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 35,596 replies, has 410 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 2 hours, 7 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 34,051 through 34,100 (of 36,089 total)

• Morning All..
    Meeting up with friend Penny and doggie Fudge this morning for a walk out the village across the fields.. wellies on as grass getting long, wet grass, ticks and hope no snakes šŸ˜³šŸ¤žšŸ»it makes me nervousā€¦

Weighed again, confirmed 5 lbs off in the week canā€™t really believe itā€¦

Lunching out with my ā€˜Park Ladiesā€™ our once a month catch up.

I have bought a pair of sandals for walking Charlie.. every summer I get white feet through wearing trainers it doesnā€™t look good when you wear going out shoes.. so flat with quite a few straps I am hoping they work, not for field walking! šŸ˜‚

Dave..
    You sound in a bad way you must take careā€¦ hope the road closures donā€™t hinder you a lotā€¦

Nana..
    Hope your holiday went well with the family.. safe journey home.

Jean x

Morning All..
    Meeting up with friend Penny and doggie Fudge this morning for a walk out the village across the fields.. wellies on as grass getting long, wet grass, ticks and no snakes šŸ˜³šŸ¤žšŸ»

Weighed again, confirmed 5 lbs off in the week canā€™t really believe itā€¦

Lunching out with my ā€˜Park Ladiesā€™ our once a month catch up.

I have bought a pair of sandals for walking Charlie.. every summer I get white feet through wearing trainers it doesnā€™t look good when you wear going out shoes.. so flat with quite a few straps I am hoping they work, not for field walking! šŸ˜‚

Dave..
    You sound in a bad way you must take careā€¦ hope the road closures donā€™t hinder you a lotā€¦

Nana..
    Hope your holiday went well with the family.. safe journey home.

Jean x

Good morning everyone, brilliant weight loss Jean, you deserve it for all your hard work. Think I need a holiday to recover from this one. And being up this early is totally alien. Might have a cuppa while Denise is in the shower. I’ll go and check if it’s cloudy or not

Hi FB Brits hope all is well with you. Xxxx

Weekend again .. the time just flies .. a funny weather day here with a massive downpour just as I was going shopping. lol

Sym… well done losing the 5lbs that’s absolutely brilliant .. I bet you are so thrilled.. Xx

Weight stable here … even my neighbour asked if I had ” Lost more weight” lolol.

First time since I can remember I just shopped once last week .. used up things Never went to my village shop. .. Shopped at Tesco again today hopefully do the same this week.

Nuts and fruit Icecream for treats .. and wine of course. lol

Enjoy your weekend everyone. This Is not a diet change, itā€™s a lifestyle change. xxxx

Evening!
    Jean- really well done with your weight loss! That’s brilliant, nice to get the 2lbs off since Christmas, you’ve bern working so hard to lose them!
    Dave- poor you & your toes, & knees & elbows, you will need another holiday!
    Enjoy watching the iron man competition tomorrow!
    Hemmy- well done with your maintaing! Nice to support a village shop although not good if it’s just for treats!
    Nana- hope your holiday was good & not too much weight on…
    Bronwyn- hope you’ve had a good day out!
    Had a 600cal FD yesterday, kept busy walking the 3 dogs again, shopping & cooking (healthy dinner!). Walked all 3 dogs again today- I feel bad as my neighbour keeps asking me to stop for a cuppa after I’ve walked her dog, but I have to walk Enoch too & as it is it’s often nearly 12pm by the time I’ve done that…needed to get more compost & planted up the rest of my beans & most of the tomato plants, gave a few away. Have lots of them in pots all out the front as it gets the sun more! Tried the new ferrero rocher ice cream tonight, very nice!

Evening Allā€¦

A lovely catch-up with the ladies, nothing much else done for the dayā€¦ no boules tomorrow.. no takers to playā€¦

I shall possibly put the weight on again next week.

Texas grandson is having chest pains, a couple of things not right doctor is sending him to a cardiologist next Friday..so hoping he is ok itā€™s a big worry, it needs sorting. .. as the holiday to UK starts the week laterā€¦

Hemmy..
    Good if you can miss the shops I try too, you save loads of money. You are doing great.

Hedgehog..
    So much dog walking you must be shattered. Then all the gardening on top!!!!

Night from us
    Xx

Good morning everyone it’s cloudy today so so the ironman competeters will be pleased about that. Our last day today then come home tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing Chloe, although have seen her when my son called us on WhatsApp video call. I will need another holiday. I have purple toes,elbow and knee. But walking better, think the walk down cardiac hill helps with that although it’s easier walking up the hill.

Hi FB Brits hope all is well with you xxxx

What a wonderful day.. Sunshine and blue sky right through. A lovely walk.. shorter today as s it was playing in the garden too all afternoon. Lol trying to read my book while throwing bits of grass.

I am on holiday this weekend .. just doing basics… we may get away with Kristy for a few days this summer .. nothing booked as yet.. TBH am not really that bothered . Pip hasn’t done long journeys .. so I would worry .. definitely not used to lots of traffic. We did go to Kristy’s when she first bought her place .. but I didn’t honestly enjoy the journey on the motorway worrying about Pip. .

Everywhere looking lovely now .. very green and lots of blossom.. I was pleased this morning as I noted all the farmers fields were planted .. so no sheep this year thank goodness. lol

Tesco pasta meal tonight with Salad .. so nice and easy. Hope everyone is having a good day.. We cant control everything in life but we can control what we put in our body Xxxx

Morning Allā€¦
    This beautiful weather waking me up at 5am.. I did manage to go over for another hourā€¦
    We are waiting for the river authorities to cut the grass on the bank itā€™s getting so awful to walk.. about 4ā€™ high in grass and nettles, it feels claustrophobicā€¦I have small concrete path to walk on but the nettles catch your fingers, no shorts on!

I must be back mindful of food had a couple of days off.

Dave..
    Have a safe journey back home. Sounds as if you have had a great time.

Nana..
    You are back from your away time with your family, nice to get away together hope you also have good time.

Hemmy..
    Itā€™s a lovely time to walk without all your gear on. The crops are growing and landscape changing yet again.. struggling to know where to walk possibly the park this morning.
    It will be nice to get away with Kirstyā€¦like you I now have doubts before I go, I have to push myself. Itā€™s all about the packing and getting the things together . Time is coming when I wonā€™t go, I will try for a couple of more years.
    Have a nice few days doing whatever you decide to do.

Have a lovely day everybody.

Jean x

Well just had breakfast weighed the cases and they are ok. Got to be outside at 9:15 to get picked up by coach. The airport is only 20 minutes away. Will take longer going to all the different hotels to pick others up. I think we land at 4:30pm ISH. Had a good holiday next up is my daughter’s wedding in June, at least we will have some colour with our suntans. Can’t wait to stroke Chloe.

Hemmy I was waving to you around 5:20 as we’re flew over Oxfordshire. Nice and sunny there, in fact good all over England as far as I could see.

Well I’ve gained a stone so usual amount for an holiday. Time to lose it now so I better roll my sleeves up and pull my socks upšŸ¤£. Cutting out breakfast will be a big help. Going bowling this afternoon.

Good afternoon I got slammed at bowls today, definitely need some practice, the team lost as well our first defeat. Been a nice sunny day must have brought the sun home with us

Hello everyone,am back after a lovely holiday with the family. We were very lucky with the weather and managed a fair bit of walking which is why when I weighed this morning I’d only gained a pound, however, if I’d weighed myself the morning after we’d come home I’m sure it would’ve been a few pounds more. Back on to the no breakfast 1200 calorie days now and kept myself busy today to help me get back into not having lunchtime drinks and snacks.
    Dave I’m sure you’ll soon lose your holiday weight gain and a shame about the bowls.
    Haven’t had chance to catch up with everyones posts for the past week but hope all of you are doing well.
    Enjoy the rest of your evening everyone.
    Nana x

Hi F B Brits hope all is well with you. Xxxx

What a beautiful day again. .. hopefully this weather is here to stay.

Nana and Dave Glad you both enjoyed your away time.. lovely to relax.

Dave thanks for waving over Oxfordshire lol.

Lawns done today and lots pruned down.. .. loving the garden time .. as Andrew used to say ” Carol You are lost in the garden ” lolol I really am too.. my favourite place. . lol

One of my favourites tonight and easy but oh so very tasty.. Eggs s homemade chips and beans.. a childhood favourite that’s stayed with me lol. A couple of glasses of red .. perfect end to a perfect day . X

Weight staying stable.. lots of exercise though .. I walked for 2hrs this morning then spent all afternoon gardening. .
    Clothes look baggy now. Need new ones this summer .lolol
    Enjoy your evening everyone.. ā€œA healthy outside starts from the inside.ā€ Xxxx

Evening!
    Dave & Nana welcome back from your holidays & hopefully you’ll soon shift the holiday weight! Glad you both had a good time ā˜ŗ
    Jean- such a worry about your grandson šŸ™it’s nothing serious…
    Hemmy- I love May & how everything suddenly takes off in the garden! And the paths round the fields too unfortunately! I hope you can find somewhere to go away to, although sounds like you’ll worry about Pip…
    Lots of dog walking here, I am looking forward to a few days off & planning a lazy time when we’re at Cromer! Like to have the house all clean here when we go, not sure why as son won’t notice šŸ˜‚ Xena was so excited when my sister popped in today, she’ll love staying there! No fasting today but a controlled day…
    Well done fasters!

Good morning everyone,off to the park to drop Denise off at Spanish lessons then take Chloe round the park. She loves the park but only if no dogs about. Once I let her off the lead and she was fine then she spotted a dog in the distance and started walking faster and faster, left me stranded and I was preying she wouldn’t leave the party because the A57 is right outside it. Fortunately she got to my car and waited for me there.

Evening,
    Lovely weather again here in W Yorks. I hope it stays nice for a few more days for the people returning from their hols.

Jean, Well done on your weight loss of 5lbs. You worked hard for it with the extra FDs. I hope your grandson is well enough to come to the UK on holiday. As you say, a worry.

I have had my 7 year old granddaughter for a long weekend as my son and DIL were away at a wedding. It was lovely to have her but hard work keeping up with her. I was tempted to overeat and open the wine but thought better of it. Still trying to eat mindfully šŸ™‚

I have swapped my FD around a bit recently to accommodate visitors and days out but yesterday was a FD and aquafit so getting back to a routine. Just over 800 cals so could have done better as they say. Next FD is Thursday and then weigh in Friday morning.

I try to go to aquafit Mon/Wed\Fri so thinking about having those days as FDs. See if I can fit in an extra FD.

Getting used to wholewheat pasta and brown rice. Skin on potatoes easy with Jersey potatoes. Spoilt for choice with fruit and UK strawberries soon.
    Regards Bronwyn

Be careful with fruits, calories are high in some depending on how many you eat. Nuts the same. I’m doing the 1200 for a week or two to see how I go, if I end up having 800 then it will be a bonus.

I agree Dave re fruit. Only have two pieces a day after meals. I try to eat more veg these days. Luckily I am not keen on nuts. They are healthy but high calorie as you say.
    Bronwyn

Evening Allā€¦
    Second fast day of the week, both have gone well. Feeling a bit flat this last week.

Nana..
    Glad you are back and you have had a good holiday.

Dave ā€¦.
    You are back too, a stone heavier which you expected.. now a strong mind set to get it off for the wedding.

Hemmy..
    Lovely egg and chips one of my favourites, I usually have two eggs these days maybe over the weekend šŸ˜‚
    You are always busy in your garden lovely dry days ahead for youā€¦

Hedgehog..
    Enjoy your break away lovely weather for you..

Bronwyn..
    Lovely to have the grandchildren but they are hard work.. mine are grown up now in the uk but remember well how to have to keep them amused. Steve was always better than me, I prefer the animals much easier šŸ˜‚
    Talking about strawberries and small soft fruit.. I have read as a tip to keep in glass jars in the fridge makes them last longer.. I have mine in a beetroot jar at the moment seems to be workingā€¦I will let you knowā€¦

Night from us
    Jean x

Good morning everyone, still on holiday time. Not up this early normally. Got the sniffles so hope it’s not COVID again. Will do a test to be sure when I find the test kit. Done two good days foodwise so hope I can keep it up and losses the holiday weight before my daughter’s wedding.

Hi F B Brits hope all is well with you. Xxxx

What some lovely weather we are having.. Not much done inside this week just basic clean and tidy.. lots done outside though lol

I didn’t realise it was bank holiday this weekend.. I have just been invited to a family BBQ in the village on Saturday will see if I fancy it nearer the time. I am not really into big gatherings much prefer 1 to 1 these days.lol

Eating lots of fruit veg and salad I am going to make homemade veggie soup for this evening use up all my bits from the fridge before shopping tomorrow.

Have a lovely afternoon everyone. Its not a diet its a change of lifestyle. Xxxx

Afternoon everyone, yes Hemmy we’re having some lovely weather lately šŸ¤ž it holds for the bank holiday weekend.
    A lovely lunchtime meet up with our friends yesterday and the weather made our cycle ride pleasant for a change.
    Ely was quite busy today and there were quite a few tourists about – you can tell them because they’re clutching a map of the city given to them by their coach drivers.
    A good visit with my Aunt.
    Off out for a meal with my old workmates this evening at a lovely pub which is situated on the River Ouse.
    My 1200 calorie days have been going well this week but think I’ll be over today. Don’t think the scales will be kind tomorrow morning for my weigh in.
    Enjoy the rest of your day everyone.
    Nana x

I’m sure you will lose Nana if only half a pound. My 1200 have gone well this week too. I’ll get weighed on Monday. It’s been a dull day here today, playing bowls again tomorrow against a team that never lose at home. So not hopeful.

Evening
    Another nice day in W Yorks. We are being spoilt. Could this be our summer šŸ˜® Only joking šŸ˜€

FD today and it has gone well so far. Coffee, slice of toast with 2tsp of peanut butter and 2tsp marmalade.
    Lunch was cup-a-soup and a few grapes. Tea was m&s small cottage pie and a few peas. About 600 cals. Just need to keep out of the kitchen until bedtime. Weigh in tomorrow morning.

Crafting club this afternoon and lots of chatting. The new venue is a cafe near to our old meeting place. We pay for the meeting and all food and drinks must be bought from them obviously. A slice of cake is Ā£3.95 and a coffee nearly the same. This has helped me cut the calories on a Thursday!

Hemmy and Jean, I like the sound of egg and chips. Not had them for a long time. My mum used to make proper chips. Do you too? or do you have oven chips?

A grandson’s birthday party on Saturday. Need to stay strong after a good’ish week.
    Regards Bronwyn

The toast is full of calories Bronwyn 25 grams of peanut butter is 152 calories and marmalade one heaped spoon is 47 calories .I don’t know how big a spoonful you use. Then the bread is 100 and butter say 50. So at least 350 calories going off my paid app.Toast is my downfall and I don’t like marmalade or peanut butter.A nice sunny day here, bowling this afternoon then speedway tonight so no time to eatšŸ˜‰.

Afternoon everyone.
    A lovely meal and drinks with my old workmates last night which resulted in a pound gained this morning when I stepped on the scales. No weight loss for this month but have managed ten and a half pounds so far this year.
    Usual Friday night visit with our friends to the pub and a Chinese takeaway it’s my turn to drive.
    Hope everyone has a lovely long weekend. We’re not doing anything but will be having a few BBQs. I’ll be back Tuesday.
    Nana x

Got beat at bowling, we all lost so 8:0 defeat. It was expected as the green is extremely difficult to play on. And they never lose at home. Having a cuppa then will take Chloe pour then Saintsbury shopping.

Evening
    Hi Dave, my spoons are small baking spoons and you have to level them off – they are not like regular spoons. My marmalade and peanut butter give the calories on the jar using a 15g spoon measure which is a tablespoon – ffar too much. I use a 5g spoon which is very small and is equal to a teaspoon. My slice of toast 104 cals, no butter just peanut butter for the protein (62 cals) and the same measure for the marmalade (25 cals), 100ml of s/s milk (47 cals). I don’t have an app I’m afraid so I have to go ‘Old School’. I make that 238 cals which I think is quite good for breakfast. My cup-a-soup for lunch was only 94 cals and my M&S cottage pie was just under 200cals. Grapes and peas I didn’t weigh but they were small portions.

I forgot to weigh myself this morning as I was eager to collect my hanging baskets from the market. I will weigh myself in the morning instead. I have had a good week this week with my food choices, I hope I have lost.

I hope this lovely weather lasts.
    Regards Bronwyn

Morning All..
    These lovely hot days continue, although I sit in the shade or even come inside now..
    The grass on the banks needs cutting very high now with nettles catching your fingers and legs.

My grandson has been checked over with his heart and all is well, he had another ECG and then an ultra ultrasound.. so holiday all on again.. 3 weeks today we goā€¦

My breakfasts are usually about 200 cals unless I add a bananaā€¦

PĆ©tanque today, I think thereā€™s 8 this morning so two different games of pairsā€¦ then to pub for coffee, cafe closed till next week.

Thinking where to walk this morning mostly lead walk, cemetery direction.. I really like him off his lead..??

Have a good bank holiday weekend everyone..

Jean x

If I let Chloe off her lead she continues to walk by my side as if she’s still on itšŸ˜.She walks to heal which I don’t like because I can’t see her. I keep stopping but she does the same. Another scorching day here, was very warm bowling yesterday. Your doing well Bronwyn keep up the good work.

Evening
    Jean, so glad to hear your grandson has got the all clear. It must have been a worry for you all.

Dave, my dogs don’t like this weather. I have them clipped shorter in the summer but they struggle on very warm days. They are shih tzu and like the snow šŸ™‚

I weighed myself this morning and I had lost 2lbs. I was so pleased.

We went to our grandson’s party today. No alcohol but pizza and quiche etc. I declined the cake but they sent us home with some. Not too many children but a paddling pool and games. I am glad we left the dogs at home as it was quite manic.

Next FD is Monday and surprisingly the aquafit is on so back to being mindful.
    Regards to you all on this bank holiday weekend,
    Bronwyn

Well done Bronwyn a good loss. I’ll get weighed on Friday, so fingers crossed I lose something.Great weather but the sun drains my energy.

Hi FB Brits hope all is well with you Xxxx

What an absolutely beauty of a day again.. .. I love this weather spending hours outside and feel good for it too.

Well Done. Nana you have done so well this month not easy when you socialise so much always time to lose a pound when things are not so busy .

Dave…you can soon get into your wedding suit you know how to do it. You have lost loads.

Bronwyn .. well done girly on your 2lbs. that’s a brilliant loss.

Sym.. So glad your Grandson is ok with his tests it must have been a big relief for you all. It will be all systems go now getting your stuff ready for the holiday. xx

Today I planted ..tomatoes and green beans.. .. Neighbour gave me a lovely cabbage and radish. Trying to eat good nourishing food.

Funny as once again like last year .. stopping all cakes .. sweets etc I dont want them at all they are a drug I reckon. .. Just milky coffee breakfast with fruit and nuts.. Wholemeal sandwich or Ryvita for lunch with cheese or eggs… fruit.. Meat.. or fish and veg or salad for dinner Plus wine. lol Nothing at all in between.. Weight is staying best ever for years.

Enjoy your evening everyone. …..difficult roads might delay your destination but make you appreciate your journey. Xxxx

Evening Allā€¦
    PĆ©tanque today which we won the two games so took the match, then on to pub we sat outside under shadeā€¦terrible slow service but no dash anywhere..

Sat in the garden but a bit hot really I was in mostly with the doors and windows open.

Booked two holiday slots for next year for Charlie, Fays already taken a few bookings.

Dave..
    The doggies have their own strange ways.. Charlie been full on playing tonight, heā€™s a bit strong for me..

Bronwyn..
    Well done on moving 2 lbsā€¦ also on being good at your grandsons birthday party.

Hemmy.,
    You are doing really well with your new eating plan, keeping off the naughty things. Itā€™s all working for you.
    Yes my holiday things are slowly building up in my spare bedroom, a bit of a try on etc.. it takes me longer to organise things as I get older.

Well bed for me now before Charlie gets to snuggled down hereā€¦

Night everyone
    Jean x

Good afternoon everyone. The sun is hiding today but still shorts weather I think. Watching dogs behaving badly, there is a German shepherd just like Chloe a real scardey cat. He’s fixed it for the dog but it would work on Chloe. When I had Heidi I used to go out of my way to meet other dogs. Now with Chloe I go out of my way to avoid them.

You have all disappeared again. I think your all sunbathing. Weather going to be good all week I think. No bowling on Thursday and Friday so going fishing on Thursday. Can’t wait to try out my new tackle. Must buy some sweet corn tomorrow the fish like that.Chloe just jumped if the sofa and right in to my toešŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬

Come out,come out wherever you arešŸ˜. Great weather at the moment long may it last. I went over yesterday had 1300 calories, I’ll jump on the scales on Friday.Will probably have more on Thursday as I’m going fishing so have to eat while I’m there. Taking Chloe to the park soon as I drop Denise off there for Spanish lessons.

Morning Allā€¦
    A strange walk this morning trying to get across the fields but very long grass, not keen incase thereā€™s snakes about šŸ˜¬.. back tracked and wandered about I managed the hour!

Busy yesterday taking all the sealant out of my wet room and up one corner up the wallā€¦.then at the back of the kitchen taps and around the sink..then re sealed it all. A job well done.

Getting the holiday feeling trying to keep low.

PĆ©tanque pm

Daveā€¦
    Fishing season coming around again you do keep yourself busy.

All quiet on here..

Jean x

Just discovered I will be bowling on Thursday so going fishing on Friday instead. Done the Sainsbury’s shopping, bought some sweetcorn for fishing. Got the fan on now tho keep cool, Denise is cold since we come back off holiday. Just had a beef toastie fine in the ninja, beautiful.

Afternoon everyone what a difference in the weather here so cool today dull and a cold breeze. Have had a nice weekend staying at home and enjoying BBQs on Saturday and Sunday but was too chilly yesterday.
    Eating wise I went over my 1200 calories Saturday and Sunday but was back on it yesterday and today so fingers crossed for a good result on Friday.
    Been a busy day today which has helped.
    Enjoy the rest of your day everyone.
    Nana x

Chuffed at Petanque played three games and won the the three..played with 6, three on each side.

Out for lunch tomorrow with my daughter, so a bitty food week and again Friday..

Jean x

Well done Jean. I can’t seem to win at bowls lately. It’s been another sunny day here and it’s supposed to be getting warmer as the week goes on. According to the internet I shroud be able to have over 2000 calories and lose at least one pound per week. I’ve not had anywhere near that amount so see what Friday brings

Evening!
    Jean- so pleased your grandson is okay! Well done for winning your boules šŸ˜€
    Dave- hope that stone soon goes! Poor Chloe, being so scared of dogs…Xena is getting worse with greyhounds, she’s very wary of them, stopped to make a fuss of a lovely gentle girl the other day & Xena was proper curling her lip, very defensive…
    Nana- back to your usual routine & eating out, you do so well still losing. Hope you’re finding the new way of eating helpful…
    Hemmy- sounds like you’ve really got your eating sorted, well done!
    Bronwyn- well done with your weight loss! See if doing 3 FDs works…
    We had a lovely break away, felt better for a good rest! Ate well too, so 3lbs on as I didn’t fast for a week šŸ˜Ÿ Back into it now with a 500cal FD yesterday & a 600cal one today. A few things planned the rest of the week though so not sure about another FD. My great-nephew’s birthday at the weekend, I’ll be making his cake šŸ˜€

Evening
    Not had time to post. FD yesterday didn’t happen or my aquafit. My 6 months old GD taken to A&E. Non-stop crying and not taking milk. We looked after her brother who is five. It is a tummy virus and she is on the mend but a couple of stressful days for her parents and us.

Another GD for the full day tomorrow. I had temporarily forgotten it is half term and we usually have her for a full day in the holidays.

Dave, can I come fishing with you please? I could do with looking at water doing nothing šŸ˜‚

Next FD is Thursday, I hope. No aquafit until Friday and that’s weigh in day. I’m not hopeful of a loss this week but just hope I have stuck and not gained.

Quite chilly today after all the sun. The garden is lovely at the moment cheering me up.
    Regards Bronwyn

Bronwyn you can come with me, your not too far away. Hopefully the water will be moving with fish but you never know. Bowling today and tomorrow it gets me from under Denise’s feet. We are going on a picnic on Sunday the two of us plus Chloe so we will have to try and find somewhere quiet.

Evening!
    Bronwyn, I’ll have your GD so you can go fishing with Dave šŸ˜€ Must’ve been a worry with your other GD, glad that she’s okay…nice that you can be tgat close to help!
    Dave- the picnic sounds lovely, hope Chloe enjoys it too, & doesn’t pinch all the food!
    Been a chilly, grey day here again! Should’ve seen a friend today but she’s scatty & double-booked, so had time for a cuppa with Obi’s mum instead. And got some odd jobs done I’d been putting off for a while, so it’s been a useful day! Popped to Mum’s, she’s having a few bad days, not sure if it’s leading up to what would’ve been Dad’s birthday this weekend…we hoped seeing sister’s grandson would help, his 1st birthday is the same day…
    A nonFd, eaten a bit much šŸ˜Ÿ

Evening everyone, hedgehogs it’s been a cold dull day here also. We went for our usual Wednesday lunch and it was a chilly cycle ride to the bus stop. I chose a Halloumi and roasted pepper toastie sandwich šŸ„Ŗ for lunch and had two medium glasses of my favourite pinot grigo wine. Didn’t feel very hungry this evening so haven’t had anything else to eat so kept the calories lowish for today.
    No visit to Ely tomorrow as our bus won’t be running due to a road closure on the route and the diversion is to far around. We’ve got a lot of road closures around here at the moment because of it being half term week. Will miss seeing Auntie though.
    Bronwyn a worrying time with your GD and hope you’re not feeling too exhausted from looking after another GD today.
    Dave the picnic sounds nice so hope the weather is kind on the day.
    Hedgehogs your poor mum bless her.
    Jean hope you enjoyed lunch with your daughter today. We’re going to our local pub for a meal on Saturday with our daughter and son in law. Sadly the current landlords are leaving at the end of June.
    Enjoy the rest of your evening everyone.
    Nana x

Evening Allā€¦
    Out walking with Natalie and Oreo this morning on the riverbank.. the grass cutting was in progress which is better.

Then out to lunch with Jacqui at a garden centre, I bought plants for Steve for cemeteryā€¦

Dave..
    Itā€™s just practice I suppose with bowls. You have so many different greens you go on and are all different it will make it a lot harder to play on.
    I have changed my throwing technique and itā€™s paying off, I seem a lot better obviously not all the time.
    Picnic sounds romantic..

Hedgehog..
    Katie will be on her way on next Wednesday .. things are a bit up side down with her dad, her grandad is in hospital and she doesnā€™t know if he will have her weeks holiday with him in Tenerife, Grandad (96) has been in hospital for about 5 weeks, he did go on an in between care ward but has been put back on a medical ward todayā€¦ it could be heart failure or pneumoniaā€¦ so not good.
    Cold here today to trousers and fleeces back on.

Bronwyn..
    Hoping your GD soon improves and they can get her home..hard going for you too šŸ¤—

Nana ..
    Nice lunch today for you..shame on the roadworks and not seeing auntie tomorrow..

Free day for me tomorrow holiday shopping, bits and pieces to buy, birthday cards, new loo seat..

I will be fasting although I am getting my holiday head on.

Jean x

Viewing 50 posts - 34,051 through 34,100 (of 36,089 total)

You must be logged in to reply.