Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 35,523 replies, has 410 voices, and was last updated by  symba7 10 hours, 27 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 33,401 through 33,450 (of 36,016 total)

• Morning All…
    A frost free start but feels chilly.. having my cuppa in bed.
    A play date with Oreo this morning meeting up at 9..

Boules and AGM later.. see what it feels like before I commit.

Dave..
    Hoping your legs are feeling better today..

Steve..
    Well done on your liquid day..

Hedgehog..
    Hope you and hubby are feeling better today.. rest up and take it steady.

Hemmy..
    Wrap up warm today when walking, coats back on for the boys.

Kay..
    You are going for it this month..B to B…hard going..

Bronwyn…
    Did you weigh in yesterday… keep strong on your FD

Jean x

Morning everyone it’s a lovely sunny and frosty earlier one here. Might be tempted to try a bit of gardening today. Had a good fast day yesterday and despite not enjoying doing btb I’m going to have another fast day today as we’ve got our usual Weds lunch tomorrow and then go away on Thursday.
    Enjoy your day everyone.
    Nana x

Morning all

It’s dry here at the moment but not sure if it’s going to last into the afternoon at least it’s not snowing.

I’m considering having one meal on both my fast days as I have been finding it difficult not to binge eat after a liquid fast and can’t really see it affecting my weight loss in any great way.

Enjoy your day everyone whatever you may be doing.

Yes I totally agree with you Steve. The reason I lost so much in January was that I didn’t eat as much on non fast days.I am always hungry after a meal on fast days but if I had a liquid fast day I would be like a Tasmanian devil there day after. On the beer tonight, not had a pint since July😲🥴. So hope I can still drink and be sober.

Dave

Eating like a tasmanian devil is a great way to describe how I feel after a liquid fast and it’s definitely not a good feeling but I’m still hopeful that I can lose at least a pound this week or at worst stay the same weight.

Yes I’ll be happy to lose a pound this time, then start again in earnest.I dropped Denise off in the park for her Spanish lessons then took Chloe for a walk. I let her off the lead because nobody was about. She walks as if she’s still on the lead🤣.I met a lovely German Shepard so have that a good stroke. Had to wait until it had gone past before I could let Chloe out of the boot.

Hi FBBs hope all is well with you Xxxx

Its a bright day here plenty of sunshine but very cold

We had a lovely long walk with two young little Jack Russel’s Very naughty and barky .. Pip put them in their place lol and they never bothered him any more lol.

Its a Fast day for me need to be super good as its my lunch meet up with my friend tomorrow .

Just had milky coffee .. and something new today had a ready made banana Slimfast for lunch .. and will have one this evening So see what today will bring. lol

Sym .. Enjoy your Boules and AGM ..

Have a good day everyone. Starting again is not about repeating what you did before but doing something you did not do before. Xxxx

Had a burger IIT was a Japanese one I think, it says on the package the best burger you will have and I have to agree it was. Of out soon must check out the bus timetable,I think they’re is only one but I can get. Normally I have a choice of quite a few. Lots of bus’s around here don’t know how you cope in more rural areas.

Good evening FBBs
    FD today. Done really well so far. Went to aqua fitness at the gym first thing then a supermarket shop. Didn’t eat until mid-afternoon when I had a mushroom cup a soup and 2oz of ready cooked sliced chicken I had just bought. For tea I had a M&S fruity chicken curry and rice ready meal with grapes to follow. The meal was small at 258 calories but it was tasty. I think that’s approx 500 calories. If I am really hungry later I will have a small apple or Horlicks.

Jean & Kay
    Yes, I weighed myself first thing yesterday morning before our day out in Ilkley. I had lost just over 2lbs. I was really pleased. Had a lovely day walking by the river and a pub lunch. Rewarded myself with a glass of Pinot Grigio.

Typh00
    I agree with you about the tv adverts. We record programmes from the afternoon sometimes to watch in the evening. There are animal charity advertisements which are upsetting and catch you by surprise. They are meant to shock – and they do.

Sadly, going to a funeral tomorrow. An aunt who sadly fell down the stairs just before Christmas and was taken to hospital where she died. She was 80 but apart from some dementia she was physically well and mobile. Very sad.

Thursday will be a FD. Hope I can keep going like this. Posting on the forum really helps 🙂
    Bronwyn

Evening!
    Dave & Jean- enjoy your AGMs!
    Bronwyn- well done losing 2lbs! Hope the funeral goes as well as it can do tomorrow…
    Hemmy- glad Pip sorted the naughty Jack Russells! Hope you weren’t too hungry with your FD?
    Steve- If you eat one meal & can manage to keep eating under control it might be easier than doing a liquid FD?
    Kay- how many dogs are you walking regularly? Well done with your B2B FDs!
    Mary- hope you did okay with yours too?
    Felt a bit better so managed to do a bit more! Can’t taste anything still so that helps not eating too much! I’ve tried ringing Enoch’s mum a couple of times as obvs not been able to walk him but she’s not answering, she must be having a bad spell…
    Well done fasters!

Good morning all

It’s dry here but chilly unsurprisingly for winter but we do have the clocks going forward and the start of spring next month.

Hedgehogs

I don’t seem to have a problem with bingeing if I have one meal on my fast days even that small amount of food seems to be enough but unfortunately not if I do a liquid fast my self control seems to go out of control.

Not being able to taste anything really takes the enjoyment out of eating.

Good morning it’s sunny but cold here today. Going bowling in an hour charged my hand warmer ready to use. Just took Chloe out so she’s ok for a few hours. Doing a fast day today and tomorrow then weigh-in on Friday.

Not feeling too hungry today so I’ll just be having one meal though it will be regular sized not a fast day meal.

After that my kitchen will be closed for food until tomorrow’s dinner hopefully by then my appetite will be back to normal. It definitely keeps the bingeing at bay which is the most important thing.

My 2nd fast day is going well only 2 cups of tea and dont feel very hungry at the moment.Not sure what I’ll have for tea tonight. It was very cold bowling, was glad to come home.

Afternoon everyone. Very busy day today but we’re now back from our usual Wednesday lunch and it was a lovely cycle ride both ways to and from the guided busway park and ride that we use.
    Pleased to report that the scales showed a one pound loss this morning in preparation for our short break tomorrow.
    Will be back here on Monday.
    Nana x

Evening All…
    A good walk a bit chilly play date with Oreo, lots of running..

A office sort of morning paying road fund. Then the house insurance, strange rang up to see which card I used and he took £25 off ?? Nice!
    Tidied up office a bit.
    A bit of hand washing. Veggies cooked for Charlie. Shopping.

Bronwyn..
    Well done on 2lbs off 4 pebbles for the beach..
    Hope your Aunts funeral was as good as they can be.

Hedgehog.,
    Hope you are both feeling better… shame on Enoch he misses out…

Steve..
    Yes it will be nice to get the clocks moved forward and the garden chairs out…

Dave..
    Well done on your second fast day.. hope your son is feeling better.

Nan..
    Well done on your 1 lb off.. safe journey tomorrow and enjoy.

Fast day tomorrow for me..

Jean x

Good morning
    A lovely sunny day here. I have changed my FD to tomorrow as I am expecting my DIL with newest grandchild for lunch. I changed last Monday to Tuesday so no problem.

The funeral yesterday was a lovely celebration of my auntie’s life. It was a very fitting tribute for a lovely lady. There was a buffet afterwards with very tempting food. I had a glass of wine and kept busy chatting.
    Came home and had my planned meal.

I hope this strong resolve continues 🙂
    Bronwyn

Well done Bronwyn. I’m trying for a third fast day today, worst case sanario it will be a low day. My son as got COVID so he’s keeping out of the way in his bedroom.

Good morning all

I went out a little earlier as my kettle keeps refusing to turn on so treated myself to a nice shiny new one.

It’s dry here but chilly with a very cold wind biting at your face especially if you forget to wear a hat.

Fast day here so kitchen will be closed for food until 5pm when I’ll be having tuna pasta only if I remember to open the tuna this week.

Stay safe and strong all those fasting today and remember tomorrow is a brand new day and we can eat normally.

Afternoon All…
    A better day, but still chilly, faffing around visitors coming tomorrow, shopping and cleaning, swapping and changing what I am doing for lunch, making scones I may mix and prepare then cook tomorrow…
    Steves sister Sheila and step daughter Louise.. Steve’s birthday so coming up to visit the cemetery.

Fasting going ok just had a cuppa….then more cleaning!
    It’s not too bad flicking and vacuuming….

Bronwyn..
    You did really very well on leaving the food… sounds as if you can talk well 😂 enjoy your grandchild today.

Dave..
    Very well done third fast day…hope your son soon feels better.

Steve…
    My kettle is iffy but it’s still working!… a fiddle the other day but it’s started working again.
    Tuna pasta… enjoy.., think it will be eggs of some kind…

Nana.,
    Enjoy your break away and hubbies birthday.

Jean x

Hi FBBs hope all is well with you. Xxxx

Fast day here .. trying for the 500 cals today .. I had a Slim fast lunch then it will be eggs on toast this evening.

Just come back from Tesco .. as Kristy is coming tomorrow for the weekend. Partner working.

So hoping for a good day today again as I bet lots of wine and treats this weekend. lol

Sym .. you are busy too getting ready for your guests.. I tend to buy in far to much these days when having to cater for others. I have lost my knack of automatically knowing how much I need. lolol

Enjoy your day everyone whether fasting or feasting,.

You can’t always avoid challenges but you can always try to overcome them. Xxxx

Third fast day not happening.I was hungry then started coughing so I thought I may as well eat while I can still taste it. Might do a COVID test tomorrow, see how I am. My son seems a little better today.

I think we’ve used all the COVID tests 🥴 Coughing now and then my son is the same and he does have it.

Good morning

It’s a very wet morning and the rain doesn’t show any signs of stopping yet but I’m not planning on going anywhere so it’s all good.

Weighed in and i have gained two pounds which isn’t good I did enjoy those jam doughnuts and hot cross buns but not enough to for that result.

Good luck to all those weighing in today and let’s get more pebbles for that beach.

Morning All…
    Weighed in at the same to the ounce 😬.. looks I may be stuck for a few weeks…

Good play date for the boys on the river bank… both a bit naughty like whirlwinds… still 4 of them last night were the same.. spring in the air..

Louise and Sheila are visiting . Charlie will go berserk when he sees Louise.. lunch all sorted…seem to have got out the habit of faffing!!

Hemmy..
    Lovey to have Kirsty coming enjoy your weekend with her.

Dave..
    Hope it’s not the covid you don’t sound good.. rest up…

Steve..
    Shame on the 2lbs, we all did well last week maybe some catching up to be done in our body…. Maybe my donut too but just one 😂

Jean x

I’ve lost 2lbs this week so some good news.Very little sleep last night, think I’ll go to bed now. I feel rotten.

Afternoon all,

A quick update on the beach, as I need to go out in a bit!

11 pebbles at the moment, so only 2 up from last week. We need to do better next week! Hemmy, have you had another weight I’ve missed?

⛱️⛱️⛱️⛱️⛱️⛱️⛱️⛱️⛱️⛱️⛱️

Jean 1 ; 0
    Hemmy 1
    Kay 1 ; 0
    Nana 1/2 ; 1
    Bronwyn 2
    Steve 1; -2
    Dave

Off to collect Avon books, spruce up the church flowers and do my bit of church spring cleaning. I’m not joining the others doing it tomorrow afternoonas I’ll be watching the rugby!

Not sure if going out to support the Parish Hall tonight with a bingo night (I know how to live!) Or go to the pub tomorrow night. Decisions, decisions!

Laters…

Hi FBBs Xxxx

Just a quick post as running late.. we were out too long walking in the sunshine. lol

Kay… I have lost 1 lb this week ..

Have a good weekend all I will be back Monday Xxxx

Just got up, feel dreadful.Kay put me down for 2lb loss. Don’t think I’ll have any food today.
    I’ll do a COVID test at 8pm.

Evening
    Miserable grey day here today. A fast day for me too. Went to aqua exercise this morning then a trip to Ikea. Nothing to eat all day until I got home. Just had my tea. Should come in under 600 if I don’t eat anything else today. Hungry though 🙁 Looking forward to my breakfast already.

Hemmy, I am picking up fresh ideas for food from the forum. I haven’t had a SlimFast shake for years. Used to buy them when I went to slimming club. They used to satisfy me. Last week it was porridge people were chatting about. Bought some Oats so Simple, may have some for breakfast.

Dave, sorry to hear about your son with Covid. Hope he is better soon and also hope you haven’t succumed too. I have started wearing my mask again in crowds, so much going around at the moment.

Yes Jean, lots of chatting with my large family. It used to be at weddings. On Wednesday it was mostly about our ailments 🙂

Next FD is Monday. Will try to stay in control over the weekend for a good weigh in on Monday morning 🤞
    Bronwyn

We like talking about our ailments 🤣 just fine the COVID test, it should be done now so I’ll go and have a look. I’ve got COVID 🥴.

Another bad night sleep wise was awake every hour and I was freezing, literally shaking. On the plus side I’ve not had any food since Thursday at 6pm so not a bad fast.Sweating now and I think I will try some wheetabix not got much milk so waiting for Denise too go to the corner shop.

Good evening.I hope to get some sleep tonight, not had much the last two nights. I’m feeling a little better today but my nose is like a tap. Running out of tissues 😫.I have managed to eat today so that’s a good sign. Very quiet on here today.

Evening All…
    A lovely day with my visitors yesterday nice to have the company.

Today out with Nat and Sam for lunch. Sam not feeling good in a lot of pain, she has had her wound drained but filling up again so ringing the hospital tomorrow to speak to them.

A quiet day Sunday, a day to ourselves.

Dave…
    Hoping you soon feel better you must rest up and take it easy.

Kay..
    You are always so busy you need to slow down too..

Bronwyn.,
    Well done on your fast day..yes I think you pick up tips on the way…

Hemmy..
    Hope you are enjoying time with Kirsty..

Night All

Jean x

Good night Jean. Xxx

Morning all
    Nice to see some names I recognise still posting. I’ve not done 5:2 for a while, put a bit back on over the years but well under where I was when I originally found this group.

Struggling with snacking in the evenings due to boredom/stress/loneliness and think the control I felt when doing 5:2 may be the answer to getting me back on track.

Planning my meals/weekly shop and just contemplating scheduling a sneaky FD. If I do, I know you wonderful people will be there to support me, again.

Take care, Lynne x

Afternoon All…
    Beautiful Spring like day a lovely walk today.
    A lazy day today, reading, I have had a sort out of my inside freezer.. a different carry on with Charlie’s food…

I shall be fasting Monday..

Lynne…
    Lovely to have you back. Hoping you get back on track and it will help you. I know what you mean I am snacking too much too.

Dave..
    Hope you are feeling much better today.

Jean x

Late night snacks were my downfall. I’ve stopped having them this year and have lost about 19lbs by doing so. Also cut down what I have on non fast days.I think Denise may have covid, she’s got a sore throat. That would mean all three of us have had it. The lapdog is back on my legs, she’s such a big lump. She rests her head on my belly, she’d be lost without it 🤣

Beach update…

17 pebbles at the moment!

⛱️⛱️⛱️⛱️⛱️⛱️⛱️⛱️⛱️⛱️⛱️⛱️⛱️⛱️⛱️⛱️⛱️

Jean 1 ; 0
    Hemmy 1; 1
    Kay 1 ; 0
    Nana 1/2 ; 1
    Bronwyn 2
    Steve 1; -2
    Dave 2

Glad you are feeling a bit better Dave. Hope Denise manages to avoid it!

Pasha, welcome back! Yes some of us are still here!

Rugby time, so can’t stop!

Hi FBBs Hope all is well with you Xxxx

Its been had a lovely few days with Kristy I will miss her now till next time.

Eating and drinking not too bad .. lol we did have a McDonalds yesterday .. and a big roast today before she left.

All naughty bits gone back with her ..

Hi Lyne xx You know you can do this and it works

Dave … sorry you and your family have Covid.. Take care

Bronwyn … Yes it s a good idea to try out others ideas .. some work for us others don’t.

Sym… What a lovely day you have had .. its set for 14 deg here this week .. Roll on spring and gardening.

Kay .. Thank you for keeping tabs on us xx

Enjoy your evening everyone You can’t always avoid challenges but you can always try to overcome them. Xxxx

Hello all!
    Lynne- lovely you’ve come back, hope you’re okay & of course we’ll supoort you on FDs!
    Jean- nice to have had your visitors! Your poor friend- my aunt had alot of trouble healing after her op, I think because they took lymph nodes it affected the drainage…
    Kay- well done with all thework you to helping in the village, you are good 😀
    Dave- hope you feel better soon! I’m sure we’ve had covid too- wasn’t too bad but dragging on a bit & still don’t feel 100%…hope Denise doesn’t have it! Well done losing some more weight!
    Mary- hope your break was lovely!
    Steve- oops, donuts! Not fair for 2lbs to jump back on though!
    Hemmy- hope you’ve had a good weekend with Kristy!
    Bronwyn- well done with your willpower! How many grandchildren have you got? Sounds like they keep you busy, I’m envious!
    Had a funny week & no fasting! Still not got taste back properly so haven’t eaten too much…Youngest son’s gf lost her job & was really upset, luckily she can go back to her old job, her family are really lovely so at least son has some support, she gets very anxious…then eldest son found out his gf was cheating on him so they’ve split up, he’s devastated as he thought they were together for the long haul 😢 So hard when you want to make everything better for them…hopefully I can get back to fasting next week! We were planning a romantic Valentine’s meal but won’t now as eldest will be at home…

Hello old friends and new
    Welcome back Pasha – we missed you!
    Quiet Sunday, met the young ones for a coffee at lunch time, watched the rugby then visited mum and dad. Cooked full roast chicken dinner in the Ninja – still trial and error.
    My Sunday night treat is Pottery throwdown and call the midwife to ward off the work feelings
    CW

Good morning
    A FD for me today.

Kay, weigh in first thing and I have lost another 2lbs. I was surprised as my food this weekend was not the best. Take away Chinese on Saturday with brownie and ice cream afterwards. Yesterday I didn’t count my calories either. My two good FDs last week have worked.

Jean, you sound to have had a lovely time with your visitors.

Hedgehogs, 5 grandchildren and yes they keep us busy. It is half-term in our area this week and we shall be busy on some of the days. A mixed blessing as I eat more sensibly when life is quiet and calm.

Dave, so sorry to hear of you and yours with Covid. I hope you all start feeling better soon and it doesn’t linger.

Lynne, I am new to the forum but have been following 5/2 since 2020 but never posted. I hope that by checking in regularly I can get back on track. I love reading about peoples’ journeys and I have been made to feel welcome.

Off to the gym for aqua fitness, it is the only thing I do at the gym and try to go Mon/Wed/Fri.

My FD food is cup a soup late lunch. Tonight a M&S mini meal cottage pie with carrots and a few peas, piece of fruit to follow. I don’t feel hungry until I eat so I try to go as long as I can before eating. All the best to fellow fasters today 🙂
    Bronwyn

Afternoon All..
    A lovely river bank walk again such a lovely morning.

I am fasting today.

Dave ..
    Hoping you feel much better this today..

Kay..
    I shall try and get a pebble on the beach this week 🤞🏻
    Lot of brollies growing…

Hemmy..
    Glad you had a wonderful weekend with Kirsty…
    I like the ice cream at McDonald’s, Katie my daughter told me to buy it worldwide as it’s always cheap!!.. I was complaining at paying £15 for two in Vegas.

Hedgehog..
    Such a shame on your son it takes time to get over it. Hope your taste soon comes back soon. Will you be fasting or have another week off?

Cakey Wakey…
    Well done a full meal in your ninja.. mine will be out tonight, bacon and tomatoes, egg on the stove top.

Bronwyn..
    Well done 2 lbs off you are doing well..
    I have 5 grand children too.. only one in uk..

Keep strong everyone..

Jean x

Good afternoon everyone. My son is clear now COVID gone😁.Denise is bad so she will have a cough for the next month or two🥴😲.I can’t taste any food but feel hungry. Might have a week off fasting until I am better.

Afternoon all

It’s another fast day for me too but with a small difference as I will be eating one meal at least instead of a liquid fast.

Hedgehogs

It would probably have been better if I hadn’t eaten all five of the jam doughnuts but I did and paid for it on the scales. They were very tasty though that is my defence and I’m sticking with it.

Stay strong all those fasting today and remember it’s only for one day

Steve I’d be safe with doughnuts can’t stand them. Going to eat this week but not go mad, cancel fast days until I’m over COVID. Denise is all wrapped up with a hot water bottle on the sofa, she’s not well. Asleep at the moment so I will leave her to get some rest

Evening everyone

Dave, hope you’re all over CoVID soon, still can’t believe I’ve managed to avoid it, even when the girls have had it, particularly when Hannah was treating patients in the early days with little PPE. Sounds sensible to have a controlled week rather than fasting.

I’m thinking of fasting tomorrow. Been a while, but I still recall the wonderful feeling of control. Challenge will be not making the porridge in the morning when I’m still half asleep. Going to do a batch cook in the slower cooker tomorrow, so may have a small portion as my one meal. Plus coffee.

Bronwyn, your name suggests you may be Welsh. Just wondering as I’m a Cardiffian.

Catch you all in the morning

Lynne x

Hi FBBs hope all is well with you Xxxx

Its been a beautiful day with lots of sunshine.

A nightmare today trying to find sensibly priced flowers for my friend s Birthday on Wednesday .. Valentines day really bumping up the prices.
    I managed a good bunch of beautiful deep purple tulips in Tesco reasonably priced. .her favourite colour.
    Sym.. I like a McDonalds now and again.. nice if they are fresh.

Lyn.. I am fasting tomorrow see you there lol

Dave… hope Denise is on the mend soon.

H H .. Hope you get your taste back soon.. .. I expect its awkward with all the baking you do .. testing things

Croc pot on tomorrow.. Chicken soup ..with the remains of yesterdays chicken and bones ..add lots of veg will be my fasting day meal.

Hope everyone is having a good day

The start may be small. What you become in the end is what truly matters. xxxx

Evening All…
    Finished at 660 ish cals.. not much on the tv might be early night…

Tuesday..Play date with a Oreo am ..then Boules 1.30.. weather looks good.

Dave..,
    Hope you both soon feel better..

Steve..
    Keep strong ….keep off the donuts!! Still I do like them.

Lynne..
    I like batch cooking and get things put in the freezer, I have been messing with Charlie’s food (dog) today and freezing his food.
    I lost Steve my hubby 2 1/2 years ago to lung cancer, you possibly don’t know.

Hemmy..
    Everything goes sky high at special times, I struggle with daughter’s birthday card as Xmas cards everywhere for her birthday. The flowers sound a pretty colour.
    Hope the croc pot goes well tomorrow…

Jean x

Viewing 50 posts - 33,401 through 33,450 (of 36,016 total)

You must be logged in to reply.