Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 35,567 replies, has 410 voices, and was last updated by  symba7 5 hours ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 33,151 through 33,200 (of 36,060 total)

• Afternoon All…
    Just been to my butchers and bought a load of meat…I am naughty wanted pork rib chops for Jacqui on Monday, so bought 4, then 2 bacon chops and sliced bacon for FD dinner tomorrow .. sausage roll now for lunch…Charlie came for the ride topped up petrol too.

I am suppose to be running freezer down, wanted shin beef but he didn’t have any, I have some portions cooked so it wasn’t a problem.

Hemmy…
    The dog barks when they are out, she doesn’t like being on her own, it drives me crazy… I have been around but they are not talking to me now… I was very nice the first time and they were happy and said they would sort it then it went to 1am, I wasn’t happy at all!..!!.., it’s totally unacceptable.
    Sounds as if you are fasting today.. planned meals bought.. I tend to batch freeze which is working well.

Cuppa now
    Jean x

Been getting messages from 3 bowling clubs, all when the AGM is being held and how much we have to pay. Going out for a meal tomorrow and have decided to drive there so will drink non alcoholic beer. The petrol price at Sainsbury’s as fell through the floorboards.£1:32 per litre.

Wow that’s low for petrol Dave. Diesel is still £1.72 litre round here.

Another day of sleeping. Must be what my body needs. Still alternating between sweating and shivering but my temperature has come down so hopefully this is on the way out. I wonder if I’ve had a mild dose of flu? My mum will be saying ‘I told you so’ as I didn’t have the flu jab nor the last covid jab! I wanted to get my immune system back to fighting by itself. Well I’ve stretched it now 😄

Luckily Neil is off all week, so we can delay going to my mums for a day or so if necessary although we do want to be home next weekend so that Neil has some time resting before going back to work.

Not fasting today, I’m just eating small amounts through the day, mainly if I fancy something or if I need something in my stomach to take tablets.

I have been fancying porridge, with all this porridge talk, but we haven’t got any milk in and porridge with water is not for me!

Going to have to make up some soups for the freezer and some batch cooking of meals.

Jean, that’s not good with the dog barking. It’s a shame for the dog too.
    Our new neighbours in the corner of the Close are out a lot and if they have left the dog at home for a long time into the evening, it starts howling.

Neil is cooking us a light pasta meal, plenty of garlic!

Kx

I’ll keep well away from you then Kay, Garlic is the worst smell on earth. Going out for a birthday meal tonight. Think I’ll have a carvery for a change. Claire as all the symptoms you have Kay but she’s had all the injections, got to have them where she works at The Christie.Covid seems to be making a comeback bigtime. So we all need to be careful.

Hello

It’s been a very nice dry day here so absolutely no complaints about the weather today.

Been enjoying the FA cup football over the weekend some very enjoyable games and surprises from the lower league teams.

The kitchen is now closed here and the first fast of the week has begun hopefully I will start to enjoy them again after a couple of weeks.

Hi Everyone. Xxxx

Very mild here but raining again this evening. The fields are waterlogged .. heavy going for walking.

Sym… How annoying re the neighbors dog .. how awful they are not talking to you..you need a good neighbor when you live alone.

No fasting this weekend.. I wasn’t really thinking when I picked up the M&S 300 cals meals .. I must say I wasn’t impressed with yesterdays hopefully this evenings roasted mushroom tagliatelle will be better lol. The little trifles are lovely though lolol

I just don’t have the interest to cook much these days.. I am hoping I will get it back.

Kay.. I love lots of garlic too. lol

Brads .. Enjoy the Birthday meal

Tyhpoo ..Good luck with your first fast of the week.

Take care all .. Xxxx

Evening All..
    I have had a good fast day, swapped from Monday… I have my daughter coming for a meal tomorrow..
    A couple of good walks, lovely this morning but very cold this afternoon walk.

Kay.,
    Hope you feel better to visit your mum. I like milk in my porridge, sugar and a touch of jam.. I find it quite filling.

Dave ..
    Enjoy your meal out tonight. Hoping Denise has had a good birthday.

Hemmy…
    M&S meals sound just right I don’t have one locally.. although I desperately need some jeans so I will have to travel to one, nearest about 40 mins away.
    Wellies out here on the river bank it’s quite muddy.

Steve..
    Hope the footy has been good games for you..

Jean x

Football was very good for me. But yet another tough draw in round 4. Had an enjoyable meal out. Definitely not counting the calories.Fast day tomorrow.

Good morning, going bowling but it’s raining😒. hopefully just a shower. Fast day today so the bowling will help take my mind off food.

Good afternoon all

Woke up this morning to a nice bright day but since midday it’s been very heavy rain.

The football was good for me too and still have one more game to go tonight.

No food until breakfast tomorrow for me and the hunger is definitely real right now but hopefully it will help lose a couple of pounds at the end of the week.

Good luck to all those fasting today and remember it’s only for one day and tomorrow we can eat normally

I’m currently watching My 600lb life about very overweight people in the USA who are put on a 1200 calorie diet for a few months in order to have stomach reduction surgery.

Normally watching them stuff their faces with fast food before they get help would make me cringe but today it’s only making me feel hungry. 😃😇

I’ve watched that a couple of times. Arsenal game tonight so will see who we play in the next round. My knees are aching now after 2 and a half hours bowling. Fast going well though.

Hi Everyone. Xxxx

Its been an enjoyable day.. early walk and lunch out with Pam then a look around the charity shops.

I am trying to regain interest in things I did before losing Mum…I never realized what a big part she played in my life.
    A new years resolution. ” Get on with it” what she would have said lol

An ok day so far with food.. will fast tomorrow. This evening having a bacon roll .. Tomorrow one of the M&s meals 300cals. .. I wont be bothering with them any more lol. I must start batch cooking.

Enjoy the football Xxxx

Fast day gone really well only 575 calories, will have a cuppa or two before I go to bed.chloe is giving me the eyes saying take me out so I better go.

Evening All..
    A lovely evening with my daughter and a lovely meal cooked.. it’s so different cooking for two we both enjoyed it.

Popped out to get some hair products from town a bit further away I can’t buy them locally.

Dave ..
    Hope you played your bowls and the weather kind… heavy rain for us tomorrow boules I think will be off..well done on your fast day.

Steve..
    Well done on your liquid fast.. I watch the 600 lb programme it’s so very sad..

Hemmy..
    Batch cooking does work out much cheaper.. still I did slow roast pork ribs tonight, we ate one each I was freezing two… I then sent Jacqui home with one.. so frozen one!
    She is on her own now everybody out working and one in Aussie .. so it’s another easy food night for her.

Night
    Jean x

Evening!
    Hemmy- my mum loves the M&S meals, although maybe not 300cal ones…Feel for you, hope you can find some new hobbies or resurrect old ones x
    Jean- hope your dinner with your daughter was nice, how’s her new kitten doing?
    Dave- nice to have a meal out, keep strong with your FD…
    Kay- have a lovely visit with your mum, hope you’re feeling much better…
    Steve- hope your TV watching was inspiring as well as making you hungry 😂
    Mel- hope Monty is keeping you busy in a nice way!
    The weekend disappeared as usual- lost a pound last week, did okay on Saturday but did eat a bit much yesterday…Had a lovely roast though which was mainly veggies- we had parsnips, cauliflower, swede & carrots all roasted, lovely! Have done much better today 😁 Walked Xena then Enoch, very muddy round the fields, did lots of cooking tonight- resisted the flatbreads I made for my son, they looked so good! Putting off sewing & ironing which need doing as I wastoo hungry & grumpy!

Good morning

Yesterday’s fast went well though I did have very cold feet all day it doesn’t make a difference how many hot drinks I have.

I wouldn’t like to be the size of some of the people on that show that they have difficulties with the basic things like having a shower or just walking short distances.

I’m wondering if I have got things round the wrong way and should be doing the liquid fast on Thursday to get the maximum results for the weigh in.

Good luck to all those who are fasting today and remember to enjoy the experience.

Morning All…
    What a very wet morning, Charlie even had his head dried with the hairdryer.. not happy..he gets bad dally rash on his head when wet, so I hope to stop it. All wrapped up in my thick fluffy blanket!

Quiet day, washed Charlie’s coat and my dog walking clothes all wet this morning … I need to ring about a car service and mot, they were chasing me at Xmas not due till 18th March!!!

Hedgehog..
    Nice evening and dinner with Jacqui… her kitten is very knee oriented as soon as anyone sits he curls up and goes asleep on their knee.. greets her at the door when she comes in with a ee ee ee ee fussing.. Daisy the big cat still hiss’s at him but they do play a bit.

Steve..
    Get some thick socks on I don’t like cold feet…. I shall have a lowish day fasting again Thursday.

Kay..
    Enjoy your time away with your Mum hope she’s ok ..

Jean x

Good afternoon, horrible day.I took Denise to Spanish lessons then took Chloe around the park. It’s never stopped raining all day so got soaked. Got to pick her up at 2 then I have an appointment at the dentist at 3, first one since COVID. They kept canceling them. So fingers crossed I’ll be ok.I think one of my front teeth is slightly lose so will see what happens.

It’s been none stop rain here too so it must be across the whole of the country.

Jean

I’ll make sure I have some warmer socks in time for the next water fast and hopefully they make the difference.

My next fast on Thursday I’ll be eating something light and then see some positive result on the scales for Friday.

Hi Everyone. xxxx

What a miserable day .. I did manage a relatively dry walk .. but its so dark and damp.

Having a fast day not counted the cals properly but should be ok.. Milky coffee .. lunch 4 crispbreads and a small piece of cheese 2 picked onions. then the last 300 cal meal this evening .. so should be within 800 cals.

TBH I always did 800 if I do 500 I want to eat more the next day lol.

Sym .. I think i must use the croc pot more. .. Lovely having time with your daughter … you must miss the family in the States.

H H .. I love the M&S meals.. but not mad on this count on us low cal range. I think its true better to have less of something good .. then more of low cal which doesnt hit the spot Not the flavour lolol.
    Well done on your pound loss.

Enjoy the rest of your day every one. Xxxx

Hello all!
    Jean- was typing as you posted last night! Glad your meal was nice…horrible getting so wet on walks…
    Dave- hope all okay at the dentist & it stops raining for you & Chloe!
    Steve- well done with your liquid fasts, been a while since I’ve done one…
    Hemmy- you’ve done well today 😊
    Kay- have a nice time away!
    Stayed dry for my walk with Xena as we go out early, but tipped it down when we got back so didn’t walk Enoch- he doesn’t like it windy & wet so don’t feel too bad! Did cleaning & ironing instead, plus finished my book- Women’s murder club series by James Patterson. Has been a good day food wise too.

1164 calories so a low day. The dentist took an x-ray and said no infection but a slight loss of bone. I’m ok so go back in 6 months.

Evening All…

After the morning wet walk managed a dry later walk.
    Priced up my car service and MOT.. needs doing late February/ March .. can’t believe they were chasing me up late December…

Sorting my holiday money out and what I need.. I found £200 worth of euros .. a bonus.. I like different envelopes to collect money.. an old fashioned way but it suits… Katie laughs at me.

Visiting my sister tomorrow I don’t look forward to the drive, busy and through roadworks, narrow lanes on busy roads.
    When Rich visited her the other day she had no voices and they had a normal visit and a good laugh… hoping she’s good tomorrow.

Steve..
    Hope the socks work… I throw a fluffy blanket across my legs too.

Hemmy..
    I forget you used the crockpot.. I have never used one… I like my new air fryer, it bakes and roasts too.
    ( My sister Chris has dementia she has been sectioned for her own safety, they are trying to get her medication right. She is in a unit 60 mins away)

Hedgehog..
    Charlie didn’t like the rain this morning a bit too heavy. A good lazy reading day why not.. I have a book on the go..

Dave..
    Glad the dentist went well… a good low day…

Jean x

Still no more food just a cuppa.If I go bowling tomorrow I’ll eat less but if it’s too wet I’ll eat 3 meals instead of 2.Ninjas are great Hemmy, I’ve got 2 and use them every day.Much healthier, no oil needed.

Just had porridge so will possibly be a 3 meal day, no rain so going bowling.Chloes finishing off my porridge 😁 . The weather forecasters are useless.

Afternoon all

Not the best day weather wise but at the moment it is dry though it does look like it could rain at anytime.

Had my porridge per usual with some syrup and definitely enjoying it more than with the sugar I was having.

Got my warmer socks ready for the fast tomorrow though it shouldn’t be too bad as I will at least be eating something.

Been bowling so not had dinner, 343 calories up to now so could be a fast day depending on what I have for tea. Tomorrow is my planned FD so will see what happens.

Hi everyone… hope you are having a good day. xxxx

A decent early walk but went down hill with the weather at noon.

Lucky we got a dry walk in. .. just went out to play but it s raining too much .. silly getting soaked.

So fed up with the constant rain. No inclination to do any spring cleaning… others seem the same. Its that after Christmas New Year slump.

Its a good day calorie wise so far .. not decided on dinner yet.

Keep going anyone fasting .. you can do it.

Tomorrow is another day Xxxx

Evening All..
    My trip to see my sister was better than usual.. she was pretty good too so that was nice… she seems happy to be in the unit and she’s not bothered about going home… so that’s good.

It’s been a cold day for walking looking forward to short weather again.

I shall be fasting tomorrow..

Take care everyone..

Jean x

Evening!
    Jean- so pleased for you that your sister’s settled & not desperate to get home, a big relief I’m sure!
    Dave- hope you get a dry day soon! You’ve been doing so well with your FDs & low days, hope that the scales are good to you on Friday 😀
    Hemmy- does make you feel so gloomy with the rain, I just feel like curling up with a book!
    Eaten more today, feeling a bit on edge as we’re collecting mum tomorrow, she’s been away 2 weeks so will probably find it hard getting back to being on her own, her phone’s not working either so will have that to sort out! Got ours & her shopping today, made dinner ready for tomorrow in case we’re late, & one for mum. Xena is going to my sister’s, hope she behaves! My sister’s old dog who died last year hated other dogs so she couldn’t go before…

Just got soaked walking Chloe🌧️🌧️🌧️. Been a good day food wise. Fast day tomorrow, then weigh in Friday.

Good morning everyone.Wet again but it’s stopped at the moment.Bowling AGM this afternoon,off to the park now for linedancing,not me though. It’s 10°C here at the moment but feels much cooler. Hope your all having a good day. Steve I’ve just put the thickest pair of socks on I bet I take a size bigger in shoes now. Jean good your sister is doing better in hospital.

Morning all

It’s another wet and miserable morning here again I had to go out and do my shopping and only got a little wet apart from my feet as my trainers are not as waterproof as I thought.

My FD today so due to the walk I’ve had I’m feeling quite hungry but not going to eat until a little later.

Dave

The thicker socks at the moment the better at least they keep your feet warm on these wet winter days.

Yes feet nice and warm but got soaked twice taking the dog out. My last dog a German Shepherd loved meeting other dogs but my greyhound is totally the opposite she is scared stiff of all dogs, so I have to keep an eye out for other dogs. Fast day going ok,I feel hungry so I brushed my teeth again, that stops me feeling hungry.I used to do that when I was quitting smoking.

Afternoon All…
    A good village/ river bank walk… to the beautician to have my eye brows sorted, I can’t see to tidy them these days.

I am fasting today.

I have the neighbours dog plus daughters dog barking for 4 hours solid non stop.. driving me batty!!!!… TV on loud so it masks it…

Put my name on list for Friday boules as Saturday is raining yet again.. I will be a bit rusty it’s a while since I have played.

Hedgehog..
    Hope mum gets home and settles in quick.. and you can sort her phone out. Nice to have a bit of time to your self till next time.

Steve..
    Feeling quite mild here, I have had doors and windows open give it a blow through…. Hope your warm docks are working.

Dave..
    The parks a bad place for not meeting dogs.. it’s a dog walking paradise ..I hope Chloe starts making friends…

Jean x

Jean I don’t think she will ever make friends, she’s 5 now and set in her ways.A shame really but she as got us.And she’s seems happy. She’s a very loving dog, quiet often she puts her head on my neck.

Dave…
    It’s sad it’s how she was brought up away from a house and being a pet… she will be content within your house feeling safe.

Finished at about 650 cals .. pleased with that…

The dogs stopped barking total of 6 hours I was not happy not happy!!!
    9 till 3.15… poor dogs they don’t breathe, barking constantly they must be very stressed.
    Like me!!!

Jean x

Hi Everyone. xxxx

Its been a rainy day here again.. so fed up with it now..but I tell myself it could be worse and deep snow. lol.

It s been a good day today being a fast day .. see what happens tomoz lol

Oh Sym that barking must be driving you mad .. its not fair on you or the dogs. Are there any more neighbours you can discuss it with.

H H.. When you talk about your Mum .. I can soo relate to it… wondering how she would be when I picked her up on a Saturday. I miss her soo much.

Brads .. Chloe obviously found herself a loving home. So good for you all.

Typhoo .. Dry warm feet and you can walk for miles. lol

Enjoy your evening all .. whatever you are doing Xxxx

I love it when Chloe rests her head on my neck. She’s so loving. I met up with a lady called Jane and she as 2 dogs, both small. Chloe is afraid of one but the other one we get about 3 feet apart and walk and she’s ok while we are walking but when we stop she gets nervous.

Evening!
    Sounds like you’re all doing well with the fasting 👏 hope it shows on the scales…having a couple of days off here.
    We picked mum up okay, hopefully her phone just needs charging, she forgot her charger- she forgot lots of stuff actually, I wish she’d accept some help. Xena was good at my sister’s though 😀
    Youngest came for a haircut tonight too.
    Eldest is away this weekend, we’ll be alone 😉

Good morning all

It’s a very nice bright and dry day here this morning just have to see if it will last for the day or rain again.

Had my weigh in this morning and it’s telling me I’ve lost 3lbs this week not sure what I did differently besides no milk in my porridge and the water fast but I’m very happy with that.

Good luck to all those weighing in today and to those who may be fasting.

I’m very happy with my weigh in, I’ve lost 11lbs, I’ve stopped eating anything after 6pm so I’ve done some 24hour fasts without trying. Well done Steve a great loss. Hope it’s good news for the rest of you all.

Hi everyone. Xxxx

What a lovely day .. I wish we could have a few days like this to really dry things up. Its so very muddy over the fields.

So very happy to have a line full of washing blowing in the wind and sunshine.

HH .. enjoy your days off you have done so very well.

Steve and Dave … Very well done on your weight loses ..

Again this week i have lost 1 pound.. Happy with that. Enjoy your day friends whatever you are doing. Xxxx

Well done Hemmy,a pound is a good amount,I must admit I was shocked when I got on the scales,I got weighed again to make sure it was correct.I will keep doing what I’ve been doing and see what happens.

Well done everyone who has lost weight! January is going well!

I’m back from a few days at my mums, definitely no fasting, so knew I was going to gain a bit.
    I’m up 3lbs, from the 4lbs I lost, so not too bad. Definitely fasting on Monday and need to schedule in another 3 days too.

2 weeks until the end of the month, to declare January progress! Let’s do this!

Well done Dave on your weight loss this week 11lbs is an amazing amount to lose I would have been getting on and off the scales for a while just to make sure.

Hemmy

1lb is a good steady loss do that every week and you’ll soon be at your weight goal.

I still want to lose another 20lbs but it’s a good start towards that.

To be declared overweight I’ve got to lose another 71lbs😲😲😲 and to be an healthy weigh I have to lose 108lbs, can’t see that happening soon.

Evening All…
    A late start this morning, Charlie was up in the night so a lie in…
    A bit of snow falling blue skies I think moisture falling changing to snow.. it was strange.

Stayed the same this week a few ounces lost but not enough.

Hemmy..
    Well done on loosing a pound.. good you got the washing blowing on the line..we are very muddy here if we go on the river bank.. snow next week..
    High flood alerts too.

Steve..
    A good 3 lbs off well done… our bodies are strange…

Dave..
    Brilliant over the month 11 pounds is really good going… I don’t know if I could do a full fast…

Kay.,
    You have been unwell and away do not too bad ..

Jean x

I think we’re all doing well. I have done some 24 hour fasts but that’s only because I have my last meal around 6pm and if I’m fasting the next day I only have one meal at 6pm. Normally I go about 18/19 hours between meals of I only have 2 meals of I have breakfast is much less

Viewing 50 posts - 33,151 through 33,200 (of 36,060 total)

You must be logged in to reply.