Fasting on Workout Day; vs. Rest Day

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Weissdorn 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Hi there. New to this, and I just wanted to share my experience. So, here is a little about ME. Trying to loose 15lbs (as these are stubborn pounds that won’t come off, and I’ve been unsuccessful at other diets). I am a runner and I teach indoor cycling on Sundays, in addition to lifting weights during the week. (I work full time in a completely different industry).

I was covering for another instructor yesterday (Thursday)teaching her cycling class and it did not go so well. I think short bursts of exercise would have been OK, during a fast day, but yesterday, I was hungry all day after teaching. SO, I am have re-organized things, and plan to have my FAST days on REST days. Mondays (rest day) and Friday (rest day). As things feel more in control this way. I’m training for a half marathon, and rest is important too! Just thought I’d share. Again, short burst of exercise seem OK for me on fast days, but not longer workouts. I know other people seem to do okay with this, but not me.
    -(From New York State, US)

I had a similar experience yesterday. I had reached a “lull” in my weight loss, and it was because I was getting cramps because of the warm temperatures in my muscles vs. the very cold temperatures in my fat tissue outside at temperatures of about 2°C (36°F). Now, my current BMI is 33.2, so I have quite a bit of fat tissue which is causing my much warmer muscle tissue to cramp. I slacked off on my exercise, but picked it up again, because my weight loss had stagnated. I’m trying to do zero calorie intake on my fast days until my BMI gets under 30, but yesterday, after power-walking 10 km (6 miles), my blood sugar level dropped under 80 – which isn’t all that great. So I had an fresh orange as “the” meal of the day. That was 2-½ hours of power walking (walking at the speed of 4 km (2-½ mph) on an empty stomach. I really don’t recommend intense exercise on fast days, because it makes you feel so exhausted.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.