Fast Diet versus the Blood sugar diet.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Cinque 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Query to Michael Moseley:

Hi Michael,
    I have been doing the 5:2 diet now since 2013, and it has been life changing for me…reduced blood pressure, low cholesterol, IBS and eczema radically improved. I have permanently lost 7 kg.

But what I am querying is has the 5:2 diet been surpassed by the new blood sugar diet, or do they serve different purposes? Incidentally I am not diabetic.

Could you advise on the differences?

I don’t know, I’m not eating that far away from the 5:2 BSD.

I’m really not a fan though of 8 weeks at 800 kc/day. Of coarse you’ll lose weight but I think that is asking for a lean body loss too. But that is just my take on it.

As for the low carb BSD … too hard for me really living in Japan but why not if you don’t want to fast.

However I’m a bit mental about fasting. When I fast I don’t eat any calories because I fast for the fasting benefits. Fat loss is just one of those, but I’m also trying to build lean body mass.

My understanding is that the BSD is specifically for people with diabetes or pre-diabetes and it is meant to be just for 8 weeks, after which 5:2 diet or similar is recommended for ongoing good health.

It has been taken up by lots of people who like the idea of fast weight loss.
    (And by looking at the website is seems that lots of them start it, fail, start again and go on treating it like a fad diet, when they would be better off making 5:2 a sustainable way of eating).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.