Fast day Meal Recipes!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Food Recipes
Fast day Meal Recipes!

This topic contains 9 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  fasting_me 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• I’m a planner and made an attempt to start yesterday ….without proper planning 🙁 I’d say I had about 550 – 600 calories before I tucked into some Ryvita & Cheese (hang head in shame)

So, I’d love to hear some of your meals for Fast days? I’m a fussy eater & trying my best to get salad into me etc.

When I was trying to count calories yesterday I was amazed at how limited was for e.g. a medium egg is 90 cal …. there goes my 3 egg omelette for lunch packed with veg!

So Please HELP! I really want to shift just under 2 Stone ASAP as I’ve had enough of fighting the flab.

Thanks for any tips

2 TBL Red Miso Paste and 2 Cups Boiled Water + 1 Green Onion = 65 calories. Smart Pop 94% Fat Free Popcorn 1 cup= 15 calories/cup or 100 cal for 6 cups an lots of fiber to help fill you up. Sugar Free Lifesavers for when the cravings start. 1 1/2 cup regular Salad Mix (15 cal) & 2 Tbl lite Balsamic Vinegar Dressing (30 cal) = 45 cal.

I have to plan out my meals in advance & have my grocery list ready to go so I stick to what I need. I also use MyFitnessPal.com to track my daily calorie intake. There is also a recipe builder where you copy and paste recipes from other websites to determine how many calories are in a meal. But if you use that website, please note the calories for certain items in the recipe builder can be way off, so I use Calorieking.com to double check the calories per item if they seem crazy.

1 cup beef bullion, slice of onion diced, 1 clove garlic. 2 oz lean strip loin diced and 1/3 cup diced celery. Heat gradually to a boil. Leave celery with some bit

Calorie…..Carbs…..portien…..Fat…..Fiber
    165……….4.8…….21.42……4.22……0.6

QuietOne – that looks yummy!

Bejoiu- when I first started 5:2 I needed to eat every couple of hours and came up with a number of 100 calorie meals. I posted them online so I could access them from anywhere (especially grocery shopping). http://thelast20.weebly.com/100-calorie-meals.html

I’m in Canada so ingredients may not be available where you are but hopefully it will give you some ideas.

For lunch today, I heat one cup miso soup (Trader Joe’s Miso Ginger broth) with some sliced snow pea pods and a sheet of Nori sliced into strips. About 80 calories. It was surprisingly filling.

For dinner, I made little neck clams (12 = 100 calories), steamed in about 2 T. dry vermouth (45 calories), roasted garlic and tomatoes (50), lots of fresh parsley, poured over a bowl of arugula (10 calories max). The broth cooked the arugula in the bowl. This was really delicious.

Hi all, I came across this recipe in a book called “Healthy Gut Cookbook” by Gavin Pritchard. (Look for it in your local Library).
    Sauerkraut Scramble.
    2 large eggs. 150 cals.
    2 table spoons water.
    Quarter Teaspoon sea salt.
    1 cal spray. (Recipe calls for ghee or animal fat).
    Half small red onion small diced. 15 cals (estimated).
    1 Garlic clove crushed.
    75gms Simple Sauerkraut. 16 cals.
    Total cals, estimated around 190.

In a bowl beat the eggs, water and salt. Set aside.
    In non stick fry pan spray 1 cal spray saute onion and garlic stirring until soft. Add Sauerkraut, stir to combine.
    Add egg mixture, gently mix all together, cook for aprox two mins until all ingredients combined and cooked.
    This is quite tasty. For a substantial meal I had it on toasted German Rye bread which added another 170 cals (aprox).
    You can also put it in a container and have it cold for lunch at work.
    To lower calorie count use medium eggs.
    The recipe is good for gut health.
    Enjoy.

Here’s a whole wonderful thread of Fast Day meals, if you’d like to have a look…

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/southern-hemispherites-fd-recipes/#post-184344

Lael, thank you for your response to my post re Sauerkraut Scramble, some really interesting recipes.
    Good luck to you all out there.

I need some good ideas for breakfast, I’m getting tired of eggs

Hey, I love food especially any kind of green fresh fruit juice. That’s why my fast day meals start with any kind of fresh fruits juice. Here are my exclusive fast day meals out: http://hellojuicer.com/healthy-juice-recipes-for-stronger-muscle/

Bejoiu, I’d love to share some recipes with you. I have had fun making up and adapting recipes for Fast Days. By the way, one 2-oz egg [that’s ‘large’ in the US] = 70 calories.
    PuzzleLover, here are some breakfasts for you.

Citrus Breakfast: 290 calories 1.6 g fat 3.6 g fiber 21 g protein 48 g carbs 938 g Complex] 289 mg Calcium] PB GF Is this the breakfast you imagine when you think ‘go on a diet’? Does it look like starvation rations? Banish those thoughts! Delicious, nutritious, and filling, this is a great breakfast for anyone, anyday. And it has tons of Vitamin C and A and D.
    ½ cup reduced-fat cottage cheese 2 Tbsp fat-free French Vanilla yogurthttps://www.stonyfield.com/products/yogurt/smooth-creamy/fat-free-french-vanilla-32oz 1 clementine, peeled and sectioned 2 Tbsp black currants 5-6 oz fruit smoothie or green smoothie or natural apple cider blackish coffee, blackish tea, or lemon in hot water
    Combine all the dairy and fruit [or combine the dairy and garnish with fruit after plating]. Knowing that I would have a busy morning, I did this the night before and refrigerated it. Great for a grab-and-go meal. With the hot beverage and smoothie, it is a vitamin-blast.

Bannock & Bacon: 284 calories 3.8 g fat 3.2 g fiber 18.7 g protein 43.6 g carbs [33 g from fruits/vegetables] 176.5 mg Calcium PB For years we have enjoyed this on Slow Days, only to find that it fits for Fasting, too.
    3 two-inch bannock [see …not by Bread… 7 feb 2018] 2 slices Hormel https://www.makethenaturalchoice.com/Products/Bacon/Natural-Choice-Canadian-Bacon Canadian Bacon OR Jones brand https://www.jonesdairyfarm.com/products/bacon/canadian-bacon/uncured brand [ back bacon of 60-70 calories] ½ cup applesauce
    blackish coffee or blackish tea or lemon in hot water 5-6 oz fruit smoothie or green smoothie or natural cider
    Prepare the bannock according to the recipe and bake. Warm and lightly brown the Canadian bacon. Plate the applesauce and pour the beverages. Simple and delicious.

Chili non Carne: PB GF The recipe is my mother’s, except that she used beef. And she served it on a heap of mashed potatoes, but we won’t do that on a Fast Day.
    1 cup =133 calories 0.7 g fat 6.3 g fiber 7.1 g protein 9.8 g carbs 70 mg Ca
    1.5 c. =199 calories 1.1 g fat 9.1 g fiber 9.4 g protein 14.2 g carb 120 mg Ca
    HINT: This is enough for 4 one-cup servings OR two 1.5 cup servings with 1 cup left over. Save the remaining chili for a lunch or check other postings to see how we use it for breakfast.
    For 1.5 cups chili served with cheese garnish and melon, as in photo: 276 calories 9.7 g fat 6.1 g fiber 13.3 g protein 19.4 g carbs 227 mg Calcium
    15 oz canned red beans, drained and rinsed 16 oz canned tomatoes – in chunks or diced, not drained 1 cup chopped onion 1 green pepper, chopped 2-3 tsp chili pepper, or more if you like it hotter ½ – 1 tsp ground cumin per serving: 1 Tbsp cheddar cheese, grated, as a garnish 2 oz melon
    Saute the onion and green pepper in some of the tomato juices until tender. Add remaining ingredients and cook gently until the stew is thickened. Taste to see if it needs more seasoning. Serve one or one and a half cups for dinner tonight with the grated cheese on top, and melon on the side.

Mediterranean Vegetables with Brown Rice: 281 calories 7.1 g fat 10.4 g fiber 16.4 g protein 40 g carbs 332 mg Calcium PB GF
    2 cups eggplant, peeled & cubed OR 1 and 1/2 cup bell peppers, cubed 2 cups tomato, cubed 2 cups zucchini, cubed 2 cloves garlic 1.5 tsp oregano ½ cup chickpeas, rised and drained per serving: 1 oz mozzerella, shredded 1/4 cup brown rice or couscous, cooked
    Prepare all the veg., and put them in a saucepan. Simmer, covered, until cooked through. If watery, remove lid and continue to simmer. Add oregano, salt and pepper to taste, and the chickpeas, and keep warm. Prepare the brown rice or couscous and place it on one side of the plate. Spoon 2 cups of the vegetables next to the couscous. Top with cheese and tuck into it!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply.