End of week 1

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  jojo2014 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Hi Everyone.
    I live in New Zealand and I started 5.2 the last Tuesday for 2 days and being around 12KG overweight, this sounded like sense to me. When I initially weighed myself after the fasting I was 2.2 KGs less than when I started and today I am still 1.2 KGs less. It would be great if I only lost .5 KG a week but it’s how your body responds to this that reflects the amount you lose.
    I found that on the Wednesday morning I had a headache but once I had my cereal I was OK. I felt very positive both days keeping my self occupied most of the time at work and on my farm. On the Thursday morning I actually felt really good and a little more positive.
    So looking forward to Tuesday again and the feeling I will get afterwards.

Hi Maureen
    Congrats on starting! Fasting is often associated with positive feelings, which is wonderful 😀
    Could I suggest that you drink plenty of water on your fast days (or herbal/ green/ fruit teas) – that may help prevent headaches.
    What day will you be making as your second fast day?
    Theoretically if you eat ‘normally’ on a non-fast day, then you should lose about .5kg a week, but this will depend on your age and how active you are. Have you looked at the TDEE page to work out how much ‘normal’ consumption is for your age, height, activity level?
    Good luck with continuing the 5:2; there is lots of useful info in the posts to help you on the way 🙂

Thanks for the tips Sassy.
    I drink heaps of water, as I really don’t like the herbal teas etc. I will have a look at the TDEE and see what it has to say???
    I know I need to lose weight but this was really more about my insides and health. So the weight loss is really a welcome bonus.
    I will do another report next week and see how things have gone on.

Hi again,
    A number of others have reported headaches after fasting, so it might just be one of those things that happen. Hopefully as your body acclimatises, these won’t happen.
    I read your other posts about what we do to our insides, and certainly agree. I have really come to appreciate how much better I feel, inside and out, when I eat the good stuff. (Still doesn’t stop me eating the not so good stuff at times tho – but I have become better at resisting temptation, partly thanks to the inspiration I have received from reading the posts in this forum.)
    By the way, I wasn’t keen on herbal teas either, but I have been trying a few and have found some I like – lemon and ginger is my favourite.
    I look forward to hearing about your progress 🙂

Hi Sassy
    Thanks for the support. I see you started in June. How has this been for you and your weight problems?
    I am also thinking of doing 2 separate days next week instead of 2 in a row, what’s your feeling in this?

Hi Maureen
    I actually started in April, and 5:2 has worked extremely well for me, despite a number of evenings where I overindulge in sweet fatty foods… 🙁
    I related my story in the May to December topic (not sure how to link that post to this; need to learn how!). Please have a look 🙂
    I have lost 15kg and am now within healthy BMI, under 30% body fat and my waist is less than half my height. But still hope to lose a few more kgs, and judging by the success of others on this regime, it is possible.
    I have only done 2 consecutive fasting days twice – after coming home from holidays (after eating lots of carbs, I was very glad to not eat much) and when I have been ill. I don’t think I could do it any other time!
    It works best for me to have 2-3 days between fasts – see another recent post of mine that gives reasons for this.
    So I think it is worth you trying non-consecutive fasting days, and seeing what works best for you. In the same vein, you can try different eating routines on your fasting days. Initially I had 3 small meals on a fasting day, then moved to just lunch and dinner, and now sometimes just have 2-course dinner. And some people eat nothing all day.
    One of the great things about 5:2 is the flexibility and lack of rules, so make the most of this and find what works best for you.
    Fast day for me tomorrow; nearly a week done for you 😀

Hi
    are you still around Sassy?
    I’m still here slowly plodding along I’m half way there now which is really good. The FD is now part of what I do twice a week and being at work helps keep me occupied.
    An average of 2 kgs a month isn’t too bad and it helps me mentally to keep going.
    Must make an appointment to get an assessment at the gym again which will tell me how many inches I have lost on my body, this will give me another boost. Plus they have a special on at the moment with the personnel trainer fees, may have a go?

Hi. 2 weeks in and still weigh the same. Anyone else? Not giving up. Might try alternate day for a week and see if that kick starts me. Any other thoughts?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply.