Coversion from uk weights to weights used in Australia

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
Coversion from uk weights to weights used in Australia

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  bronwyn 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Help.

I don’t understand the conversion weights .

I live in Australia and I have never even heard of kcal.

can any one help

For all types of conversions, the simplest thing is to type a query into your search engine

The question: Convert calories to kilojoules
    will bring up a response like this.

What is a kJ?

kJ (kilojoules) is the Australian measure of how much energy people get from consuming a food or drink. Energy in food and drinks is measured by the number of kJ (kilojoules) it provides.

kJ are similar to Calories:

1 kJ = 0.2 Calories (Cals)
    1 Calorie = 4.2 kJs

Yeah there are many converters on the interwebs, just google one.

There are also lots of sites dedicated to giving you the calorie values of things that aren’t likely to have a calorie breakdown printed on the back (like fruit & veg).

Just type ‘How many calories in a plumb/nectarine/potato’ etc. into your search engine – the sites usually provide all of the calorie options (KJ as well as KCal). British labels carry KJ as well as KCal, so we’re pretty well served, whichever measurement we’re using.

Andrea, if you have a smartphone, you could download the free Easy Diet Diary app. It’s Australian, and it has zillions of Australian foods in it, plus you can enter your own regular foods by scanning the barcode, and you can enter your own recipes. It displays the nutrient information in Calories and kilojoules, and you can switch between them easily.

Bron (in Armidale NSW)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.