Breakfast thats not banana or porridge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Food Recipes
Breakfast thats not banana or porridge

This topic contains 3 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  PetieT 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• hi Friends

I need a filling brekkie that I can take to work? Help please

thank you 🙂

Here is a recipe you can mix up the night before, put in a snap-top container, and take to eat at work:
    Citrus Breakfast: 290 calories 1.6 g fat 3.6 g fiber 21 g protein 48 g carbs 938 g Complex] 289 mg Calcium] PB GF Is this the breakfast you imagine when you think ‘go on a diet’? Does it look like starvation rations? Banish those thoughts! Delicious, nutritious, and filling, this is a great breakfast for anyone, anyday. And it has tons of Vitamin C and A and D.
    ½ cup reduced-fat cottage cheese 2 Tbsp fat-free French Vanilla yogurthttps://www.stonyfield.com/products/yogurt/smooth-creamy/fat-free-french-vanilla-32oz 1 clementine, peeled and sectioned 2 Tbsp black currants 5-6 oz fruit smoothie or green smoothie or natural apple cider blackish coffee, blackish tea, or lemon in hot water
    Combine all the dairy and fruit [or combine the dairy and garnish with fruit after plating]. Knowing that I would have a busy morning, I did this the night before and refrigerated it. Great for a grab-and-go meal. With the hot beverage and smoothie, it is a vitamin-blast.

Or this breakfast sandwich:
    Egg-McArnold: 330 calories Hold the phone! Look at those calories!! Don’t worry, when this is paired with a dinner which is far under the count, the two balance out. This, of course, is the Fasting version of a fast-food favorite. This works for eating on-the-run.
    1 two-oz egg 1 Arnold-brand multi-grain Sandwich Thin [100 calories] ½ oz Canadian Bacon or 1 slice Jones Brand [20 calories/slice] 1 oz grapes blackish coffee or tea or lemon in hot water NO SMOOTHIE today
    Open up the ‘sandwich thin’ and lightly toast it. Fry or poach the egg to your liking and cook the Canadian Bacon in the same pan. Assemble, using salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy it with your coffee in a to-go cup but don’t eat in the car – sit down and slowly savor this Fast food.

Good luck.

Wow, fasting_me’s recipes made me feel hungry. 😀 I want to try them when I get more time.

I work nights, so my diet is upside-down. I take breakfast at night and dinner at sunrise. The breakfast I bring to my night work is usually sandwiches. I love tuna and bacon fillings. For people who don’t like meat, a tuna sandwich is the best!

Here’s another one. [the reference to ..not by bread… refers to a blog post I made in December. If you want to see it and more, Google my ‘handle]

Roman Breakfast: 270 calories 3.5 g fat 4.2 g fiber 14.2 g protein 41 g carbs [– g Complex Carbs] 187 mg Calcium PB Though a bit unusual, this is a very good plate of breakfast food, based on foods available to Romans in the 1st century BCE. It is satisfying and flavorful. Try it.
    1 Pan Muffin [see ..Not by Bread.. Feb-7-’18] 1 oz pear 1 oz cooked chicken 1 oz radish 1 oz cucumber [optional: ½ medjool date = ¼ oz] blackish coffee or blackish tea or lemon in hot water 5-6 oz green smoothie or fruit smoothie or unpasturized apple cider
    Dice all the fruits and vegetables. Add a good finishing salt and gently stir to combine. HINT: I did this the night before and refrigerated the mixture. Prepare the pan muffin or take from freezer with time to thaw/heat. In the time it takes to brew the coffee, you can plate the muffin and the fruit-veg mixture. Romans did not drink smoothies or coffee, but we will. Hope you’ll enjoy your throw-back breakfast.

2 boiled eggs – 170 calories. Protein & fat, no carbs so will keep hunger pangs away.
    My staple on fast days unless I decide to do a water fast.

I like to cook. And I think you should also make one of these jams.

https://club.cooking/recipe-category/jam/
    It is very tasty and simple.

Blueberry, blackberry, raspberry, dewberry, gooseberry, strawberry, plum and peach, or maybe mixed?

starving yourself of water is very unhelpful, maybe even dangerous

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.