Aussies – easy, low cal off the shelf foods?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Food Recipes
Aussies – easy, low cal off the shelf foods?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  SamanthaE 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• For lazy people like me! who find it hard to find the time to cook, are there any Aussies out there who buy tasty low cal meals off the shelf for fasting days?

Hi, I often buy Steggles Southern Style Chicken schnitzel (162 cal) which you just put in oven and then buy the bags of frozen veg in the individual steamer bag (carrot, broccoli, cauliflower) (44cal), quick and simple.

I’m a lazy cook too. I often buy Lean Cuisine Malaysian Chicken Laksa soup. It’s about 117 calories. I often have it for brekkie. One just zapps it in the microwave. Birds Eye steamed fish is another one it look for. The calorie count is labelled.

Hi Treens. On fast days, I survive on black coffee and water for most of the day, eat 100 cals of raw nuts and a cup of Nescafe Butterscotch frothy coffee sache (75 cals) around lunch, then at dinner time, I make up my balance 500 cals with a dry slice of toast with a fried egg or two (approx 200 cals). If hungry in between, I will have a mandarin (35 cals), apple, or some strawberries.
    After my last meal at 7.30 pm the previous night, I find it difficult to go without eating completely until like 7.30 am breakfast on the day following the fast day.
    I know this isn’t actually answering your question, but my point is that it is possible to find appropriate fresh food if you plan ahead, though those suggestions above look very good and I might even try them myself!
    I have been on 5:2 for 2 1/2 months now and have lost 3 kgs and I am very pleased. I don’t find the fast days a worry at all, and I just love the fact that I can have a biscuit with my cuppa if I want, and the odd piece of cake, no worries. I am careful to watch my portion size, and I believe I can keep on doing 5:2 forever, without being too strict with myself on the non-fast days.
    Good luck to you!

I have had some smoked salmon with veg. You could always use a pre prepared salad or the frozen veg as suggested before. Another thing to look for is Precooked duck, found in the fresh meat section. I am not sure of the calorie count but the shanks might be suitable calorie wise and they just need to be reheated. You could check out some of the soups available in the refrigerated section of the supermarket.

I don’t know if you will consider this tasty, but it is quick. I have oatmeal with fresh fruit for dinner on fast days. I put the oatmeal in the bowl, pour boiling water from the kettle over it and then cover with foil for 5 minutes. Quick and easy. I put berries on top when I am ready to eat. I love oatmeal, especially on cold days.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.