Asian Style Fresh Spring Rolls

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Food Recipes
Asian Style Fresh Spring Rolls

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  spinny 6 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• For an incredibly healthy (and filling) vegetarian lunch, I find the Asian style fresh spring rolls a winner hands down. It’s an everyday meal in Vietnam though also popular in other SE Asian countries. These are NOT deep fried by the way, they’re just basically heaps of fresh veggies shredded and wrapped in rice paper/wrappers.

You’ll be very surprised at just how filling these can be, yet you’re only eating raw veg essentially. What really boosts the flavour though is the dipping sauce: just a simple mix of lime juice, fish sauce (leave out if you’re vegan), the smallest amount of sugar and crushed peanuts soak into the veggies and make the whole thing burst with flavour.

There are many variations on this theme but I’ve included the standard basic recipe to use as a starting point: (http://allrecipes.com/recipe/24239/vietnamese-fresh-spring-rolls/)

Enjoy!

The link you shared here is really helpful. I just visited and got fantastic ideas and tips about recipes. 🙂

Thanks Kevin, glad it helped. I agree, it’s a bit of an eye-opener, and makes for a nice change to look at other cuisines.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.