Are there any martial artists here?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Cinque 8 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Hi

I am about to start the Fast diet.

I had a karate pre-grading assessment last night, so felt I should wait until after that to start. Pretty tired today, so by Monday will be fully recovered and in the right head space.

I’m quite concerned about being able to train on fast days. Training is quite full on most times, and I get really hungry. The actual grading is in 8 weeks time (I passed the assessment, yay :-)), so I will have to increase my fitness work from now.

I’d be really keen to hear from others doing a martial art how they manage.

I train 4 times per week and don’t think I can avoid training days for at least one fast day.

I don’t want to fast Fri-Sunday because I want to have a social life! Plus I think fasting while I am at work will be easier than doing it while I am at home.

Would love to hear some advice, tips and tricks, or just some encouraging stories!

Hi Karate Kid,
    I am no help with the martial arts stuff, except to say: why not try it on a training day, and see how you go.

If it doesn’t work for you, you could just do one fast a week until your grading is done, and then go to two.

Hope you get some feedback from people who are more martial artsy! Cheers!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.