Americans! And anyone else who might like to join :)

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
Americans! And anyone else who might like to join :)

This topic contains 1,453 replies, has 174 voices, and was last updated by  dykask 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 801 through 850 (of 1,456 total)

• Afghans are a lot of work! Good luck with that project. It’s a big commitment. I have been fascintated with linen/flax. Good to know it’s tough to knit with, but it sure is beautiful and lovely to touch. I just finished a large scarf with some stuff that was impossible to un-knit and I’m sticking with soft and easy for awhile. I have always knit socks top down and always on double pointed needles. The magic loop wasn’t magic for me and I found it annoying. The first year H and I were married I knit him a pair of socks for Christmas and he loved them soooo much it quickly became the only thing I was knitting, to the point I carried the pattern in my head so I could knit them everywhere I went. And come to think of it, I was very thin at this time. Hmmmm
    Then I finally came to my senses and went back to knitting other things. I found some fun, self striping, alpaca-cashmere-merino blend. It’s beautiful and super soft. H is going to love these! Sorry for going off subject for a minute. I’ll hook up with you K-Lo on the link you included.

Hello All,

I have been off the boards for awhile but continue to plug away at this WOE.

Fasting today and struggling with my carb addiction but I am white knuckling my way through with no food because I am totally unwilling to gain back my progress so far.

I haven’t timed it right yet but I have read that fasting from 8pm to 8pm can be an easier way to fast for 24 hours and it sounds doable. Something about going to bed hungry is such a turn off.

Hope everyone is having a great day. Still loving this plan – any other diet I would have gained back my loss already, perhaps more. Fitting into my old pants is such great motivation… especially when the scale is such a troll.
    Cheers

MelindaShay… Great you have success…it buoys you to new heights. I wish you the best on carb addiction. I haven’t seen you on this thread. Good success today!

thank you riw66,k-Lo for advice regarding coffee creamer

Pea Jay, thank you for the support/advice. I’ve read a lot of the threads on starting out/what to eat during a fast day, but I can always handle more! I think boredom is my problem much more than hunger. I really didn’t feel hungry the first time I tried a fast day a few weeks ago. I didn’t eat anything during the day at work (though I drank a lot of water and tea). The only issue I had was that I felt light headed by the afternoon, and I bike commute to work, so I was worried about biking home. I think it was more of a blood pressure issue than hunger. Unfortunately, I had set myself up for failure by not packing anything to eat before I left work, thinking that it would be easier to not eat at all. I ended up buying some nuts, but then ate more than I intended. I’m a bit of a perfectionist, so I basically gave up on the day after that and had a regular dinner.

K- Lo, your story is really inspirational for me! Sometimes I feel so envious of my tall friends who can eat more than me without gaining weight. It doesn’t help that I just moved to Minnesota, where everyone seems to be super tall and fit and able to put away the beer and cheese curds. I thought about your post several times during the day when I wanted to give up and buy a snack!

Things are going just ok so far today. I had a hardboiled egg around 11am, as well as some mint tea. Then during the afternoon I was feeling bored at work, and I ate some cheese its. I wasn’t even hungry, I just wanted to give myself a treat. I’m still under 500 calories (though I think I’m supposed to stick closer to 400, because my TDEE is only 1500 calories). My immediate inclination was to give up on the day and “start next week,” but instead I’m just not going to eat anything else today and try to be better prepared next time with something like a few olives in case I want a salty afternoon snack. Getting over my all or nothing mentality will be a huge victory for me!

Hello Everyone.
    I’m usually on the 42 day challenge thread, but I wanted to respond to you, mnrunner. I’m about 5 in taller than you, yes, and I suppose I have a higher TDEE, and in I’m in MN. But honestly, have you really looked around? I don’t see a lot of thin people! I see plenty of overweight people up here. Maybe your young urban friends are thin and fit? I don’t know. But I’m in the Twin Cities so I’m not rural. And there are still *plenty* of overweight people, so don’t be so hard on yourself!
    I’ve read that some people that are doing this WOE do a modified 4:3, which is: if they mess up one of their 5:2 FDs they just try to stay under 7-800 cals for that day and then do a true FD later in the week. It seems to work well for them. The next day they eat normally and so it’s almost like an every other day fast, but just with a few more calories on that third day than the 25% less of TDEE. So, see, you don’t have to give it up entirely if you go over your 400-500 cals on FDs. You can save the day!
    Over time I think you will probably become more mindful of what you eat. You will mindfully make a choice to indulge, or restrain. You will probably choose not to eat stuff like Cheese-its, unless you have some good results for awhile and want to indulge, or have saved up some calories in order to choose to indulge in that kind of c*ap. I do, once in a while, choose cheetos. This WOE is all about choice.
    Good luck!

Hi NorthernDawn!

I’m also in the Twin Cities, but I moved from a state in the deep south, so, I guess it’s all relative!

I’m going to try another FD on Thursday, with everything I’ll eat planned out in advance, using the tips from this forum. The weird thing is that I’m usually a healthy eater, and I almost never buy something like cheese-its. It was totally convenience/boredom because I was at work with limited options.

Thanks for the well wishes!

mnrunner – I am also from MN (about an hour north of the twin cities) and I too struggle with the “all or nothing” attitude. Granted I’m quite a bit older than you and have a lot of weight yet to lose, I have been doing 5:2 since April 11th and have had more success than failure with this way of life. I had a really rough NFD yesterday (just posted a long rant on the 42 day challenge board so I won’t repeat it here) — but I’m working really hard at changing the message in my head (which is NOT easy). For me, the nice thing with this way of life is that if I have a “bad” day, I can fix it tomorrow. So for instance today is a NFD for me — but because of my binge yesterday I will eat healthy and within reason today with a FD tomorrow. As of last week I switched over to 4:3 because I feel like there are too many days where my brain things I can eat whatever I want (I do count calories – using MFP and weigh out portion sizes because I need to learn what that REALLY looks like — not just assume). So I fast on Mon, Thurs and Saturday. Monday I do a liquid fast from Sunday night until Monday dinner (because I run errands and grocery shop all day Monday), but on Thursday and Saturday I do eat breakfast (try to keep it around 200 cal or less [having a hard time finding foods that satisfy this and help me] (because I don’t seem to be able to get through my workouts without some amount of protein) and then don’t eat again until dinner. I do find I need to take time to plan my FD out or I will go over or spend too much time stressing/worrying about saving calories for dinner. Not sure any of this is helpful to you, just my thoughts. Oh, and I took the advice of others and took my measurements on April 11th (when I started) and just took them again on May 11 — and I’m actually really surprised at the progress I’ve made. Overall, have lost about 10 pounds (the most the scale has moved for me in 8-9 months) and 1.5 inches around waist and 1.25 around hips. So it’s not all about the number on the scale — which is what I used to live by! 🙂 best of luck to you — this forum has LOTS of good people and information — in fact it has become my daily reading 🙂

Thanks all for your colonoscopy support. I’ve done it before so I know the routine. The prep drink my doctor prescribes isn’t bad; a bottle of Miralax mixed with 2L light colored Gatorade.

I’ve already loaded the first 3 seasons of St. Elsewhere on my iPad and will marathon watch it on prep day. The iPad is great for this. I won’t have to pause it during the many trips to the bathroom, just take it with me.

Bronx

Good morning everyone. It’s a fast day today for me but I have to switch it up a bit. I usually try not to eat anything until lunch and by then I’m pretty hungry. I am having a full work up today to try and be a part of a trial study on migraines. They told me to eat breakfast by 8am before my lab work at 2:00. It’s a 3 hour appointment so won’t be home till dinner. I hope eating something so early does not make it more difficult to get through the day. I had much success last week but had a rough weekend. Trying to stay on track 4:3 this week so my progress continues. Down 13.2 in 5 weeks. Keep up the great work everyone!

Thanks to all the great suggestions and posts I finally logged in a very good FD yesterday, in spite of having to call 911 (a first for me) and have H rushed to hospital. Nothing like spending 5+ hours in ER to keep you from eating. I powered down water and coffee while the interminable waiting went on. He was able to come home last night which was a really good ending to a scary day! He was diagnosed with vertiginous syndrome (fancy way of saying he had vertigo and was throwing up uncontrollably). I seriously could not even begin to think about putting anything into my mouth. I don’t feel hungry today and plan to not eat until I feel hungry. I got on the scale and I’m down maybe 1/2 lb. but I think I can move past 165 if I stay the course. I’m fasting again tomorrow so I want today to count with protein and fiber and few carbs. and tomorrow 164! First time in years too. I think I mentioned I’ve been gaining and losing the same 4-5lbs. for way too long and it’s time to break the cycle. I’m ready.

Crow mama- wow! So sorry to hear about your H! Glad everything worked out …you’re right, nothing like a little (or a lot!) of stress to stop the body from wanting food! But stress helps us “hang on” to that stubborn fat too! Grrrr….here is hoping you get the scale to move in the right direction! 🙂

My feed day after the first fast day is often out of whack. Eating lower calories today to compensate. Tomorrow is regular fast day.

Crowmama! Is DH home? Vertigo is just awful. Healing vibes coming your way. {{{{ }}}}}

Bronx…St. Elsewhere, young Denzel. Irresistible.

Hi NYCFaster! I am a Bostonian and seem to have your identical weight loss goals. I am used to being 120 pounds, too, but the last year, weight has crept up slowly (those winters) and I’m 49 so shifting hormones don’t make it easy, and now I’m at 140, so am starting this today. Are you still fasting 2 days? Had any luck the last couple of months. I would love to hear from you; it would be motivating and fun to have a partner with similar goals. My clothes still fit, but are tight, so I’m uncomfortable and just want to get back to myself where I can put on clothes and feel fabulous. Nice to meet you — Erika

Hello fasters
    I haven’t eaten anything yet, so just decided to make this a fast day. I took an out of town visitor sight seeing in San Francisco and we had a LARGE lunch, then dinner at my sisters, also plentiful,
    so I’m completely up for an extra fast day this week. Reading over all your posts I’m finding a lot of common sense ideas. I’ll see how it goes today and hopefully also have my regular fast day tomorrow.

Hi all,

There are so many of you on this thread that it’s going to take me a while to get to know you all!

Crowmama, how scary but thank goodness they figured it out for your hubby! My mom had it before and they gave her some pills that helped tremendously. She couldn’t get out of bed without the world spinning around her and she’d end up on the ground.

K-Lo, I know I’ve seen you from time to time on the mid-50’s thread. Great job on the weight loss! You lost much faster than me. I’m 52 & I’m short too, 5 ‘2″ (but I think I’ve shrunk with age!). I started at around 134.0 late last summer and am now ranging between 119-120. I’d like to get to around 115 and maintain but my original goal was just to get to 120 so I’m happy. Maintaining has been hard. I’m throwing in a 4 day detox cleanse (lots of bone broth, protein, veggies, berries) once or twice a month to shake things up and confuse my body into keeping the weight off. May try the every other day fasting thing mentioned by another on this thread too. Btw, ladies, if you truly want to keep hunger at bay, make bone broth (recipes all over the internet these days). It’s not a lot of work when you get used to it- I throw 3 carcasses from chickens we’ve taken meat off of in a pressure cooker or pot along with some veggies, seasonings and water. Super high in protein, yummy and keeps you full. I like to add shredded cabbage for a noodle-type mouth feel! 😉

Princess, I don’t know that it’s unusual to have two kids with diabetes, it’s hereditary on my husband’s side. It is unusual though not unheard of for them to come down with it in teens. It usually hits around 8 or 9 like it did with my younger one.

I’m starting to stress about a lot of traveling I’ll be doing this summer. I know, woe is me! I’m looking forward to the travel (Europe) but scared about what to eat/how not to gain while there…HELLO GELATO?!! Any suggestions? We will be in Paris, Spain & Italy.

Sherry

Sherry, I’m a big fake…for hanging out on the 50s board. I turned 60 in December.

Welcome Sherry!
    K-Lo you’re too funny. I don’t think you’ll be banished from the boards. As long as we all support each other, which is what I love about this.

Now that I’m 121 again, I feel younger than springtime…or 60, whichever comes first

Thanks for posting to me! It’s been scary. H sees his primary dr. tomorrow so we’ll see where this goes now. I’ve been concentrating on eating good calories instead of empty calories today. When I got on scale this morning I was certain I’d lost at least 4 lbs. Ha ha. We all know better, right? If it was 1/2 lb. I’ll be glad but no way close to 4! I’ve done pretty good today. I had a soy chicken burger wrapped in 3 lettuce leaves for lunch and 13 potato chips (yes, it’s true I counted them and ate them slowly too!) H has still been experiencing some vertigo but at least, we can safely rule out stroke and heart attack.
    I’m planning to fast again tomorrow b/c it’s Thursday and that’s what I do. I really appreciate the support.

K-Lo, no worries, pop in on the mid 50’s anytime…I won’t tell your secret! 😉
    It is funny though how losing a few lbs. does make you feel a bit younger, huh? I went shopping for skinny jeans with my teen this past weekend and wore the same or smaller size than her depending on the jean! It was a great feeling!

Thanks for the welcome Betty!

Crowmama, very good at resisting the temptation to eat the entire bag of chips! I hate packing the kids’ lunches when I have to reach in the big bag and put them in the little baggies. Magically some fly into my mouth every time!

Good night all! 🙂

Thanks, rlw66, and congrats on your success so far. It’s so helpful to hear about other people’s struggles and how they’ve dealt with them.

I am all set to start my second fast day tomorrow. I’ve pre-boiled an egg and packed a spinach salad, so I won’t have to make any food related choices during the day, and I made post-work plans to keep busy. Wish me luck!

Hi all,

I am constantly amazed at how little so many of you are! My goal is probably 150ish and I have lots and lots and lots to lose. I do find it encouraging that we all struggle getting to a weight we feel fit and comfortable at and that it’s not just those of us with the really big numbers left to lose.

I finally got the timing right and am trying the 8pm to 8pm fast today. So far it seems much easier than starting a fast in the morning and ending it the next morning. It ends up being 24 hours instead of closer to the 36 I was doing, but there is apparently some research that suggests 24 hours is good enough. I found some good ideas on this fasters blog –
    http://anthonymychal.com/intermittent-fasting-mistakes/

I am planning to just have a salad with tuna tonight to help me sleep a little better and then make some better choices on my NFD.

Happy to read everyone’s struggles and successes, thanks for sharing.
    Cheers

Happy Fast or feed day. Just had psyillium pancakes which are weird but filling. 152 calories and should be fine till dinner. 1 T psyllium, 1 egg, water,.5 scoop protein powder, cinnamon. Forgot baking powder. Had .5c blue berries on top.

Little? Vertically challenged, if you please. 😄😉

Hilarious K-Lo…. I meant goal numbers in the 120’s…..

I am both vertically and horizontally challenged 🙂

Yikes!! Sorry…too much multi-tasking. FD going well, by the way

Does anyone in this forum have good dinner recipes? I bought the fast diet cookbook, but the British inspired recipes aren’t very enticing.

Hey sharonMH : I have found a few while searching the Internet and Pinterest by putting in either 5:2, ADF (alternate day fasting) or 500 and less calorie meal ideas. Hope this helps 🙂 (my basics are grilled chicken, roasted vegetables and salads!).

sharonMH, I make lots of fish and veggies. Now that it’s summer, it will be salads with whatever protein is leftover. Or opening a can of tuna or anchovies (love that Caesar salad!). We have a new fishmonger in the neighborhood and I’m trying stuff I’ve never even heard of.

Hi; this is my first week finishing two fast days and I think this is the way to go, because I haven’t felt deprived and the fast day wasn’t bad. My tips: have my coffee a little later in the morning, a gigantic pickle and apple at lunch some brone broth, which is filling, full of protein and only 45 calories in the late afternoon and then roasted broccoli and chicken. I think it may be easier for me to go “plain” on fast days, rather than get fancy with some of the recipes from the book — I may tend to overeat, as they sound so yummy and the portions are for more than 1. I just seasoned a chicken breast with fresh herbs and broiled it with some broccoli. Like K-Lo, I’ll do salads in the summer. But, this morning the big surprise wasn’t “diving in” to a meal. I wan’t starving (slightly lightheaded waking up, but funny, not starving). I’m feeling great about this and in control (knowing I can have a glass of wine today). K-Lo are you having luck losing? I want my summer clothes to fit comfortably again… sometime in early summer!!

Thanks for the resource, simcoeluv!

I finally had a successful fast day yesterday! It helped that I kept very busy so I didn’t have time to eat out of boredom. I weighed myself this morning and was down 2 pounds! I know it’s just water weight and doesn’t really mean anything, and that my real progress won’t be that fast at all, especially since I don’t have a ton to lose, but it was still very exciting!

I do have a question for those of you who have been doing this for awhile and seen results: Are you supposed to feel hungry on your fast day? I ate a hardboiled egg at around 11am, a spinach salad with red wine vinegar and olive oil dressing (nothing else in the salad) around 3pm, and 7 ounces of plain Greek yogurt with frozen blueberries and a very small amount of honey at 7pm. I felt a little hungry before the yogurt, but other than that, I didn’t really feel like I was eating less than a normal day. I estimated that I ate about 400 calories (my TDEE is only 1500ish, so I wanted to go lower than 500). Could I be underestimating the calories of what I’m eating? I went off of packaging (for the yogurt, blueberries, and honey) and googling (for the egg and spinach). What do you all think?

Mnrunner,

My fast day hunger depends on what I ate the day before. For example, Sunday is a day I don’t watch what I eat at all and most of the time I admit I eat too much. Because of that on Mondays I don’t even want to look at food. Thursday is my second fast day. I eat very light on Tuesday and Wednesday so Thursday is more difficult for me. I have an empty feeling all day and am hungry more often than not. I’ve learned to live with it and know a little hunger isn’t going to kill me; it’s just a short time before I eat again on Friday.

K-Lo,

My best friend at work is in love with Denzel. Her computer desktop image is a picture of him.

Bronx

erikaa67, I started this way of living on March 9. I’ve gone from 130-131 (I’m a bit under 5′ 2″) to 120.4 this morning. My goal when starting out was 118, and I expect I’ll see it by the end of June. Everthing zips, and I’ve gone down a cup size (YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY!).

I love this way of eating as I don’t feel I need to be perfect every single day. If I have a piece of chocolate today, so what? That being said, my sister and I are visiting our 96 year old aunt tomorrow and my nephew is planning a trip to Olive Garden. I looked at the on line menu with the calorie counts (facetiously named Nutritional Information)and I’m honestly overwhelmed. Even the salads contain 3/4 of my days’ TDEE. I don’t want to be conspicuous and order a grilled chicken cutlet with a lettuce leaf…but this won’t be easy. Guess I’ll be studying this….http://www.eatthis.com/nutritionists-tell-us-their-go-to-healthy-orders-at-olive-garden

Bronx, Denzel and ALfre Woodard…what chemistry! I also loved William Daniels and real life wife Bonnie Bartlett.

Thanks rlw66, k-lo and erikaa67 for your suggestions. I too have been mostly assembling simple meals instead of spending too much time cooking on fast days as I find it easier. I do a lot with eggs and also buy a rotisserie chicken and add the breast meat to salads or make a “pasta” out of zucchini noodles and add turkey meatballs or smoked salmon. But, I am getting kind of bored after 6 weeks and would like to cook something easy I can eat along with feeding my husband and 2 teens. My restrictions include gluten free (I have celiac disease) and mostly dairy free. Plus my one daughter is a vegetarian which further complicates my meal planning! I find the fast days can be challenging. I’m irritable and just want to end the day early. But I have lost 6 pounds in 6 weeks, so I’m going to continue for at least another 6 weeks. Good luck everyone!

sharon, 6 pounds in 6 weeks! You’re right on schedule. Keep up the good work.

Hi All–
    I’ve been enjoying lurking for a few weeks so thought I would chime in finally. This is my third week and I’ve lost around 4 pounds. Most of those were in my first week though and since then I’ve been struggling with my non-fast day. I think I finally realized that non-fast days do NOT mean I’m supposed to make up for lost calories. So to keep things honest, I started using Lean Cuisines or Weight Watchers prepared foods or Amy’s Organic Soups on my fast days. This way it’s simple and done. Because for me, I’ve found that the more I have to think about food, like worry about food prep, the more seems to end up in my mouth. So I’ve been using my non-fast days to prepare some of the recipes and healthy dishes suggested. This way, if anything does stray into my mouth at least it’s a healthier option!

Thanks for all the moral support you all have been offering to this former lurker.

Welcome AHelm — glad you finally posted! I’m still working on learning how to keep things interesting so I don’t “crash and burn” on this way of life 🙂

Bronx- I feel very the same way about my fast/non-fast days (Monday is good, Thursday harder and hungrier!) and just realized this this week.

MelindaShay — since I’m still fairly new to this way of life, thanks for the link! I’ve bookmarked it to read later.

Hi Everyone,

I’m so excited to hit a like 20 year low for me- 117.6! Yay! Right smack dab in the middle of the maintenance range I want to stay at…115-120. I’ve been doing this a bit different as of late, I do a fast with cleanse type foods, bone broth, protein, veggies, some berries, about twice a month for 4 days each time. On the other days I try to eat as clean as possible, gluten, dairy and sugar free which I like and is not too difficult for me (except at restaurants!). Like you K-Lo, I had to google a restaurant menu today as we’re going to my nephew’s graduation party there. At least they have an area where you can customize your protein, veg, sides/toppings so hopefully I can get something not so bad there!

I’m like some of you in that I do a lot of turkey burgers or chicken- either store-bought or make extra whenever I cook it so there’s always some easy protein in the freezer. Also lots of veggies, some fruit and a healthy carb each day, like quinoa or brown rice.

Mrunner, I really think your body gets used to eating this way and you don’t feel as hungry on fast days after a while, which certainly makes it easier! 😉

Erikaa, good job with your first week of finishing two fasts!

Crowmama, any update on you hubby?

Princess, was that pancake actually tasty? Sounds interesting-

Have a great weekend all! 🙂

Sherry

Thanks Sherryann for your kind inquiry re my H…he’s taking a medication for vertigo and we’re hoping he doesn’t get as bad as he did last Tues! Dr. told him that there are a hundred causes for vertigo and as many treatments so until he has another severe episode she wants to move slowly and start with a patch he wears behind his ear for 3 days. And she added the caveat that vertigo seems to worsen as we age. Great, another thing to add to the aging list that seems to be less than pleasant. That old saying about, “getting old isn’t for sissys” is too true. bummer. As for me, I managed to get through both fasts last week and watched the calories on the off days too. I had lettuce while all around me were eating fries and burgers. I haven’t eaten a hamburger since I was 12 yo so that was a no brainer for me, but the fries sure looked tasty. I’ll have them when I finally break 160. Right now the struggle is to move below 165 and it really is a struggle too! It’s the same 5 lbs. I’ve been carrying around, and gaining and losing for about 10 yrs. that I can’t seem to move below. I’ve even given up my glass(es) of wine with dinner and drinking water at every opportunity to make this happen. Like many of you, I can feel the difference in clothing so I can kind of see it beginning to work and so far, I’ve lost the 6 lbs. I began the diet with. The next 6 lbs. will be the hardest however. I’m committed until 4 July and if I haven’t been able to lose it by then I may have to make another choice or commit to being fat and liking it. 🙂 This thread and you guys are keeping me in the game and I want to thank you for that!

Hi crowmama,
    I had vertigo about 5 years ago. I couldn’t walk and was sick to my stomach because I couldn’t stop the room from spinning. They discovered I was drinking too much water and washing all my electrolytes away. I was also low on sodium because of drinking so much water.
    They told me to start drinking Gatorade or G2 for electrolytes and if I needed all that water to start adding more salt to my food. I never used salt much before. They also did catscans on me to rule out any possible stroke risk. I just wanted to tell you my experience with vertigo. I haven’t had any problems since then.
    I wish your husband well.

Congratulations AHelm on a great start. I’d be psyched with a 3 pound loss, but i’m just starting week 2 and feel motivated. Sherry, you’re a motivator — great job with your weight loss success. I can’t believe you make your own bone broth — I order from Au Bon Broth and pay a lot of money for organic bone broth, but it does my body good. After this batch, I shall try and make my own. Today we had friends over and I got a little “sloppy” and ate a little too much guacamole outside on my deck — but tomorrow if a fast day, so bring it on. I think as I get used to this I’ll be even more careful on my days off, but there is something about not stressing over what we “can’t” eat each of those 5 days that makes this so pleasant. Before this, I tried a 21 day elimination diet to figure out why my body wouldn’t shed this new tire on my middle, and I was careful, but hardly any pounds– maybe a few inches. But, every day I kept thinking about food and what I couldn’t have or would have the next meal; strange with this plan I don’t do that, so I pray it works. I actually had a small bowl of chili tonight, instead of giving it up as I usually do and it felt great to do that. Again, not depriving, but having a little of what my body wants. So, let’s all focus on what’s important in our lives, being the best version of ourselves we can – don’t focus on the word “diet,” but taking good care of ourselves, and pray, the rest will come (and pounds will shed!) Hang in there, CROWMAMA. YOu can do it. And have your glass of wine occasionally just not every night, and you’ll be a lot happier.

Couldn’t wait to come here to share the BEST news! For the first time in 10 years I am below 165!!!!! 163 1/2 to be exact. I couldn’t have done this without all the support from here! If it sounds like I’m shouting it from the rafters, it’s because I am, THIS IS THE BEST WAY I’VE EVER LOST WEIGHT! I Love this diet for all the reasons we all love it; it has freedom of choice, once moved beyond the first couple of weeks it becomes so doable and we’re losing it slowly so the pounds will actually stay off. I hope to never see the north side of 165 ever again and I’m pretty sure I won’t because this way of eating is so functional and feels so reasonable and good. You are so right Erikka; I’m certain the reason I’ve finally broken through that barrier is wine is so full of sugar and calories and even a glass or two adds a lot and by not drinking a glass every night I’m eliminating quite a bit of excess calories right there. I’ll save the good bottles for when I’m down to goal weight. Thanks for the great advice to remember to “be the best versions of ourselves”.
    Bettyboopsy, I’m sorry you had to go through the awful experience of vertigo! It has to be fairly rare for someone to go through that from too much water! Usually people don’t drink enough of it! Like my H would NEVER have to worry about that, in fact, I’ve become a nag about him drinking more of it. I’m glad it was resolved for you and you’re better! He still doesn’t know exactly why he’s having these episodes, but as long as he doesn’t let it get so out of hand that he’s vomiting uncontrollably we’ll keep trying to figure it out. So far he’s doing better with only mild occurences. But thank you for asking and sharing your own experience. I’m spending the morning in the garden (out of the kitchen) and later today I’m off to the store for eggs and pickles 🙂 Thank you to whomever posted that about Jimmy Kimmel. HB eggs are an easy good source of protein and I also am low on ground turkey.
    Bronx any news on your colonoscopy? Have a great day everyone and focus on the fast if you’re doing it today.

Hi Crowmama,

The colonoscopy is still 2 weeks away. I bought the prep stuff and am non-anxiously awaiting to drink it.

Congratulations on getting under 165. Nothing like some weight loss to encourage you to keep going. Do you have a goal weight or will you just do what I did and keep going until people start telling you that you’ve lost too much weight and look skeletal?

I don’t know if this is vertigo, but I have bouts with dizziness from time to time. It started on my 50th birthday of all things; got out of bed and the room started spinning. It never got to the point of throwing up and it went away on its own after a week or so, but it wasn’t the most fun I’ve ever had. It seems to come back about once a year around the same time; maybe just a sick reminder that I’m getting old.

Another fast day for me today; the easier of the two for the week. Good luck to everybody else fasting today.

Bronx.

Crow mama — CONGRATS!!! What an awesome feeling! YAY you!!! 🙂

Crowmamma, Congratulations on making this milestone loss! I SO know what you are shouting about. This is the best way ever to loose weight! You are doing it and it is for good, not for a few weeks! That is what I really like about it. I can feel confident I can maintain the routine of 5:2. I like being on a fast day. Very happy for you and celebrate with you!

Hi all! I feel like I should introduce myself even though I actually started this thread–clearly I fell off the wagon. However, I am back, and am so inspired by how many people have kept this thread alive! It makes me feel like this diet really works, which I REALLY need right now. I am the highest weight I’ve ever been, and higher than I even thought possible. Today is my first (starting over) fast day, and I look forward to making this WOE work for me along with all of you 🙂

Viewing 50 posts - 801 through 850 (of 1,456 total)

You must be logged in to reply.