Add exercise calories to fast day allowance?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Fast Exercise Combining Fast Diet and Exercise
Add exercise calories to fast day allowance?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  MaryAnn 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Hi everyone,
    I’ve just joined. A crucial question for me is:
    On a fast day am I allowed to add my exercise calories to my total calorie allowance of 500?
    Like, if I tally up 200 cals on a short run can I then eat 700 cals instead of 500?
    If not, why not? Is there a secret to the 500? 🙂
    Thanks
    Cari

The calorie limit on fast days is twofold: 1. health benefits from giving your body a break, 2. weight loss. Increasing calories to compensate will begin to mess with #1, and will only slow the rate at which you lose weight.

For me, the beauty of this way of eating is finding a 500-calorie (or lower) routine that I can stick with and not even thinking about, “if I go for a run, then I can have x.”

On fast days, I try to think about food as little as possible. (After a few weeks, grocery shopping and cooking were doable, but meal planning is still a bad idea after 4 months.). Ultimately you’ll need to decide what works for you. Good luck!

Thanks Katkins 🙂

I’ve tried various ways with the fast and for now (after 5 months) I find i eat all my fast calories at lunchtime which gives me enough in the tank to slow jog for an hour after work. Once home I have a small stash of bath bombs and such and have a long soak, as I often feel cold on the fast days and enjoy a bath as a treat. For me this works and hopefully you’ll find what works for you.

Thanks Belhelviegal,
    I too get cold on fast days!
    And I do it the other way round from you, save its all up to the evening, but then, yes, have that bath! I find exercise on an empty stomach really kicks the body into doing something, ie letting go of that fat!
    Best wishes
    Cari69

I exercise on my fast days, and don’t add the calories burned to my allowable consumption – found that helped with sticking to the 500cal rather than thinking i could have a bit extra due to exercise done.

500 comes from 25% of the average TDEE for women. TDEE already includes exercise, so no, don’t add exercise calories to the 500.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.