A naughty day!

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Stu N 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Had a really good second fast yesterday but have been naughty today and gone over my TDEE. Will that make a big difference? I had already lost 3 lbs this week!

No it wont make much difference, this is why 5:2 is easy to stick to and more a lifestyle change than a diet. Just don’t overindulge too regularly 😉

Thanks. Did my TDEE and it quite shocked me that it is only 1800 and something. That is healthy eating all the time levels, so not hard to go over!!

Are you able to be more active in general, or fit some more regular exercise in? That will make you TDEE go up, also it’s very good for you in general 😉

I agree. The first time I calculated my TDE I was surprised how low it was! You are right, it is fairly easy to go over your TDE, particularly if you have a sweet tooth!

I have developed a very good diet, with tons of veggies, fish, a little bit of fruits and occasionally an ice cream. So most of the time I manage to stay under my TDE. If I really overindulge then I add another fast day.

Best of luck,
    Stef.

Thanks for this. An extra day is a great idea as I didn’t mind the fasting at all. Yesterday wasn’t good. Hardly drank the whole of last year as preg and breastfeeding, so still rather enjoying the wine, although we don’t drink during the week.
    Yes Stu N, you are right, and I am now exercising so pushes it to just over 2000. Certainly puts the pressure on to keep up the exercise!!

“Certainly puts the pressure on to keep up the exercise!!” – it sure does!

I am a very active person overall, I love running and will happily run for 90 minutes on a day off when I have the time. I find that while I do need to eat more on these active days, and I also fancy a treat, I don’t feel the need to eat back all the calories I burnt. You have to be careful if you don’t do such intense or prolonged exercise though. Walking for half an hour (150 calories or less) does not justify a snickers bar (nearly 300 calories), for example.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.