Welcome to Outstanding October Challenge!

This topic contains 171 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  Iona72 3 hours, 8 minutes ago.

Viewing 22 posts - 151 through 172 (of 172 total)

• Day 13 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

The birthday dinner was absolutely lovely, the weekend was lovely, food wasn’t too out of control (although, let’s be honest, it was a birthday feast, LOL), and I’m entirely out of steam (it’s 9:45) and headed to bed. I’ll be out the door by 8 or 9 in the morning because we have a funeral, DH to preach and me to play.

The fun never stops, LOL!

@excelsior12309 I’ll gladly give a full birthday dinner report, but right now I’m too tired to think. I look forward to sharing the details, however!

Day 14 – South Africa πŸ‡ΏπŸ‡¦ – NFD 70.6 kg

Had the easiest FD ever. I spent most of the afternoon playing cards with neighbours on a sunny patio. Food appeared at some stage, but I wasn’t tempted, or coaxed into eating anything & I just had coffee πŸ˜‡

@northgeorgia – nooo?! $15 for blank paper?! Buy a regular notebook for around $3 & write ‘Food is Totally Overrated’ on the front. You’re welcome 😜

I have to attend a Body Corporate meeting this morning, estimated to last around 3 hours πŸ˜’ So I’ll probably be breaking my fast only after 1 pm.

Have a good week everyone

Pocket List – Day 14 πŸ₯‘
    @merry🍎
    @michelinme
    @missybear
    @northgeorgia

Day 15 NZ FD 69.5kg πŸƒπŸΌβ€β™€οΈ

The day is nearly over here. I had lambs liver for dinner with vegetables . I’m hoping the Omega-3s and iron will be good… My whole hand is twice as bad as I thought it was going to be ☹️ I have my first appt with the physio tomorrow and so the rehab road starts……

Have a good day esp those on the Monday FDπŸ’ͺ

Day 14, FD (ish), Aus

Today’s planned WFD morphed into a 500 cal day, so not too bad.

More tmw, when I look forward to reading @stitchincarol‘s post-birthday feast report.

Day 14 UK FD

Right reset button pressed ! Was very happy with weight on Thursday after getting back from hols and then seem to have lost the plot over the weekend So I’m not getting on the scales until Friday and in the meantime getting back to normal 2 FDs , eat sensibly the othe days and up my exercise – back to basics !!

@merry🍎
    @michelinme
    @missybear
    @northgeorgia
    @penz
    @brightonbelle

Day 14-No. VA USA-FD 800

Everyone sounds busy this past weekend. @ccco, evenings are also my times to decompensate…so I understand how you feel. @funshipfreddie, I think, has suggested having some vegetables like carrots or celery available to nibble on to distract us from mindlessly eating stuff (in my case, it would be cheese, for example). @penz, a 500 day is a good day. I have not had a good 500 cal. day in a while! @brightonbelle and @northgeorgia are back on the wagon today! @merryapple, so sorry to hear your hand is causing problems. I am hoping your PT will help gradually strengthen things. How was scaling the mountain with terriers?
    Down we go, all.

Day 14 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 240 lbs. My plan is to have four FD500s through Thursday πŸ™‚ We shall see!! I’m excited to jump on the wagon again πŸ™‚

@merry🍎
    @michelinme
    @missybear
    @northgeorgia
    @penz
    @brightonbelle

Day 14, London, UK, NFD

I’m with you @brightonbelle, I’m giving that reset button a good hammering this morning!! I appear to be doing 2:5 except the 2 weekend NFDs descend into EFS days rather than CDs!!😫😭 I understand the concept of 5600 cals per week, but I think I’m rebelling!!! I’ll try again from tomorrow to get through October with Outstanding FD800 results, I just need to find the resolve, determination & discipline I had the first time around on this fasting carousel!!!

@merryapple, I really hope the physio gets you back to normal ASAP!!!☝🏽

@funshipfreddie, last summers hols in Ischia included a visit to some thermal springs – https://negombo.it/en/
    they had hot (38 degree) pools next to cold pools and I was completely addicted to jumping (ok, gingerly walking) from one to the other!! The effects surprised me as that cold shower business (still) sounds like torture ……………… my hand just refuses to turn the knob to cold!!πŸ₯ΆπŸ₯ΆπŸ₯Ά

I must dash, I’m still buried under deadlines and new tasks and general β€˜stuff’ to deal with!!

Stay strong folks!!πŸ’ͺ🏼πŸ’ͺ🏼πŸ’ͺ🏼

β€œI have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” – Thomas A. Edison

Day 14 UK FD

This is my busiest week of the year in the run up to conference, plus really behind and slightly chaotic with all other project stuff. Partly bc illness over summer, partly bc time out for DD’s support. I’m going to put my head down and plough through this week then come up for air, but post daily.

I forgot to weigh myself this morning but expect to be up ff weekend of relaxed NFDs -no going wild but I didn’t count calories and enjoyed mindful indulgence. This week I’m going to have 2 old fashioned FDs and 3 FD800/CD ahead of a more relaxed weekend. Last Friday I reminded myself how simple it is to stick to a 500 calorie FD when I commit and don’t let myself waiver. So I can obviously do it again today!

I’ve had a couple of urgent meetings thus far and am online training this evening so need to have supper by 6pm. Depending on project work it’ll either be supermarket ‘fresh’ minestrone soup and a defrosted dahl or soup & stir-fried tofu/veggies. I’ve had over a litre of fizzy water/electrolytes plus decaf black coffee and marmite tea: I’ve got this.

Okay, cracking on with reading/responding to meeting papers, prepping for tonight’s training and picking up most urgent emails. Then if time, listing outstanding actions in my notebook for prioritise/schedule when next at desk.

@northgeorgia @flourbaby @brightonbelle i can hear your resolve from here – good luck with your week, you’ve got this!

@stitchincarol looking forward to details of your fabulous feast πŸ™‚

@merry🍎
    @michelinme
    @missybear
    @northgeorgia
    @penz
    @brightonbelle

Don’t think you understand the concept of this diet.It’s about changing how you perceive food.Lifestyle changes etc.Your excuses are quite wearing and you’re on far too many antibiotics.Are you a wind up merchant??

Day 14 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁒󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

Busy day and just realised I haven’t checked in today. Something good is happening, I put my jeans on this morning and noticed they feel baggy in the bum and upper legs πŸ₯³

FD going well, starting to feel hungry but it will soon be time for dinner so that’s fine. Hope my fellow Monday fasters are doing well πŸ’ͺ

@merry🍎
    @michelinme
    @missybear
    @northgeorgia
    @penz
    @brightonbelle

Day 14 – NE England – IF 16:8 – DTF

Quick check in before bed. It has been a good day, lovely sunny, crisp, cold weather.
    Eating has been controlled and step count is high!

@missybear great news with the jeans, I’ve had to buy a new belt for mine! Annoying that I bought them last year, hardly wore them and now far too big.

Day 15 UK CD

Wow am I really the first poster ? Good solid start yesterday not entirely sure about today yet but planning next FD Thursday

Bit of a random post from @marsbar2 ?

Got to get going as have a dentist appointment, catch up later πŸ‘‹

Day 15 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁒󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Successful FD yesterday, I was a little bit hungry at times and got very cold towards the end of the day but I slept well and I’m now delaying breakfast for as long as possible.

@molij if you’re up to reading forum posts, hope all went well with your operation yesterday. Wishing you a speedy recovery πŸ€—

@iona72 looking forward to a winter of slack and baggy clothes πŸ˜‰

@northgeorgia good to see your enthusiasm to get back on the wagon but remember you have been ill, listen to your body and ease up if you need to, straight back into 5:2 with 4 days of 500FDs is ambitious, take care πŸ€—

Keep on keeping on everyone.

Day 15-No. VA USA-FD

Well everyone sounds so busy, it is hard to keep up! We are half way through outstanding October; must award stars to @missybear for the loose jeans and to @iona72 for the exceptional activity level! I aspire to your dedication!
    @molij, I hope you will be able to post us to let us know how you are doing.
    @flourbaby and @brightonbelle, I agree, we should be pounding the living daylights out of the reset button. It sounds like @northgeorgia is going to join us hammering the reset button!
    @michelinme, I don’t envy you your work burden, but you have a plan. You seem quite organized and capable in spite of the craziness!
    Down we go everyone. Two more weeks of October glory!

Day 15 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 238 lbs. Thursday may or may not be a FD. A business lunch meeting might be happening that day. Still plan on today and tomorrow being FDs though.

Pocket list – day 15
    @excelsior12309
    @northgeorgia

USA. Day 15. FD

Pocket list – day 15
    @excelsior12309
    @northgeorgia
    @ccco

Ugh! I put 2 lbs. back on! 🀨

Day 15 – Rural Nebraska, USA – WFD

I’m just under 160 this morning after four NFDs, proof I didn’t go too nuts since my last WF, and I’m pleased. Looking ahead, DH and I both have a conference on Thursday and Friday, for which we’ll leave after choir on Wednesday; there’s no way I can be strong enough to WF on Thursday, so I either have to be content with one this week, or I have to do two days in a row. I’ve done that before–once–but the idea is daunting. I’ll spend my driving time between lessons today psyching myself up.

Okay, birthday dinner report. The appetizer was bacon brushed with maple syrup, cut in half, then wrapped around halves of brussels sprouts and roasted until tender. We went back and forth as to whether it was truly lovely, decided it was very nice, but not necessarily worth repeating. The soup course was a puree of sweet potato, carrots, and parsnips, someonion, chicken broth, and a bit of cream. I’d thought it would be glorious, but it was simply…not. We added more salt, more chicken flavoring, vinegar (several times) and finally decided it was as good as it was going to get. The elder son actually loved it, so I sent him home with the leftovers.

My plan was to serve the plated salad simlutaneously with the main course, but both sons overrode me, and said, no, let’s just slow down, eat the salad, then cook the pork chops. So the salad. It was GLORIOUS. Here’s the recipe: https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/berry-beet-salad/ I used canned beets, and we all adored it, and will keep it in our permanent rotation. It strikes me as a perfect Christmas salad for you southern hemisphere people, because the colors are so gorgeous, and the fruits are in season for you. The only changes I made were that I used canola oil rather than the walnut oil (didn’t have any and DS28 is perhaps allergic to walnuts besides) and didn’t add feta because none of us wanted any–we were all getting full, LOL!

Then DS cooked the pork chops and they were perfect. I had bought bone-in, which I’m sure adds to the flavor. https://bakeatmidnite.com/blackberry-pork-chops/ I ate only half of my chop, and the leftovers yesterday were equally excellent.

I made the caramelized onion pasta, using a GF ravioli I happened across at Trader Joe’s, and it was really yummy; I’ll do the caramelized onion sauce again: https://iamhomesteader.com/caramelized-onion-pasta/ With little butter/oil and only a cup of cream between the four of us, it was even not decadent.

Green beans rounded out the plate.

Then, dessert. https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/apricot-almond-layer-cake-231811 I made the apricot compote and the candied almonds on Friday, and baked the macaroon layers (what they call them, but I think it’s actually macaron layers) on Saturday, then it was a five minute job on Sunday to whip the cream and assemble the whole thing. Gorgeous. Yummy. And surprisingly good, possibly even better despite being a bit soggy, on Monday. A perfect dinner party dessert because most can be done ahead of time, and there’s little time that’s required on the day of the dinner.

The boys arrived just after three; we started with appetizers at 5:30 and were done with dessert around 8:30.

And best of all, while I certainly had wine with dinner, I introduced a mocktail I’d discovered to everyone, and DS33 and I both loved it and had two: 8 ounces juice (I had tangerine juice on hand for it), 4 ounces Owen’s ginger beer (I specify the brand because there’s a distinct “evergreen” flavor to it that I find intriguing and delightful), and 2 ounces lime juice, all served over ice. Total: 160 calories. I happily sipped away on my two over the course of two hours, never missing the alcohol.

And that’s my report. You didn’t expect me to sum it up in four sentences, did you??? 🀣🀣🀣

@brightonbelle Yeah, I read that @marsbar post…what even is a “wind-up merchant”??

@molij I look forward to hearing your report when you’re able, and pray the surgery went very well!

@merryapple My heart aches for how frustrated you must be with your bum hand. Is it still painful, or is it primarily an issue of being useless for the time being?

I have a crazy busy week to get through (for those of you who remember my quarterly “Leaguer” obligations, I’m working on that again) and it won’t be much better next week, but then I think–HOPE–it settles down to something steady. In the meantime, I’m going to do my absolute best to talk myself into being excited to do a WF from Monday night to Thursday morning…perhaps I’ll hold out a Starbuck’s latte as the Thursday morning reward for following through, LOL! That would be a gentle way to break the fast.

Must get going. Have a grand one, everyone!

Pocket list – day 15
    @excelsior12309
    @northgeorgia
    @ccco
    @stitchincarol WFD

Day 15 – South Africa πŸ‡ΏπŸ‡¦ – NFD

Logging on for accountability. Today is a blur?! 4: 30 pm already, & I don’t feel like I’ve done anything constructive. Except for mosaicking, dropping off laundry & having lunch. And feeding the cat about 6 times. Her stomach is like the Tardis πŸ˜…

@brightonbelle – I hope your dentist appointment is as hassle-free as mine was. I almost nodded off during my check-up 😴 Until the bill arrived 😳

Half-way through the month already! Onward & downward 🎯 πŸ’ͺ

2nd Post – Day 15

@stitchincarol – I think our posts over-lapped – wind-up merchant (plural wind-up merchants). (UK, colloquial) One who enjoys winding others up in the sense of making fun of them or playing practical jokes.
    Maybe the post was intended for another thread..? πŸ€”

Day 15 UK CD

Just back from parliament where I was on trustee duty, talking with MPs, Lords & interested others about EDI in the Church of England. I ducked out of the meal out bc tired and didn’t want to get home really late, but also bc I knew I had supper stuff all chopped and ready to go – motivation!

Yesterday’s FD morphed to FD800 but I’ll take that. I felt thinner again this morning tho forgot to weigh myself. Full on day juggling several projects before rushing into town for event. SO tired but slower start tomorrow morning as I can finally finish emails and focus on conference prep – pressure is mounting!

Today’s food – v late lunch with cottage cheese & avo plus minestrone soup; supper was a leek/mushroom/pak choi/tofu stir fry with sweet chilli sauce, corn on the cob, and a plum/apple compote with vanilla soya yogurt. Still avoiding carbs and keeping my rainbow of fruit and veg. Tomorrow I’m batch cooking a butternut squash & sweet potato dahl, handy way to finish up my last veg box ahead of the next delivery, and ready to take some down to DD next week.

@stitchincarol thanks for sharing your feast & recipes! It sounds a lovely evening πŸ™‚
    @northgeorgia – well done on the b2b FDs!
    @ccco don’t worry about putting on a little weight – you have been through such a lot and your body is working hard for health
    @excelsior12309 thanks for your encouragement πŸ™‚ I feel chaotic but somehow getting by. I suspect it would be easier if i’d taken time out to write it all down, but I’ve just been ploughing through. 3 more days of full steam ahead!
    @iona72 isn’t it great when clothes feel bigger?! Well done πŸ™‚
    @missybear well done on yesterday’s FD. I’d forgotten how cold I get when fasting – clearly the body is burning fat to keep us warm πŸ™‚

Right – off to bed!

Day 15 – NE England – NFD- DTF

I have been thinking all day that it’s Monday, but it’s not!! October is whizzing by, winter looming -urgh.
    I have done ok with eating today, I had breakfast which is unusual for me but felt quite hungry and had a busy morning out, so figured it was better to eat something sensible at home rather than be tempted whilst out.
    Scales were the same this morning, hopefully by the end of the week I will see some progress.

@michelinme sounds very hectic hope you get the batch cooking done, its very satisfying isn’t it!

@funshipfreddie my day feels like a blur too.

@excelsior12309 some days it’s difficult to get as much walking as I would like. I am hoping for a good day tomorrow but some rain is forecast.

@stitchincarol great report, thanks.

Viewing 22 posts - 151 through 172 (of 172 total)

You must be logged in to reply.