Welcome to Outstanding October Challenge!

This topic contains 174 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  FlourBaby 1 minute ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 175 total)

• Day8 -Germany FD
    Well the rain hasn’t stopped here for a couple of days and last night I have never known a storm like it. Sure there is some flooding after that. So this makes FD a bit hard, but went to the fitness studio this morning and keeping busy so I don’t hear my stomach rumble. Cleared out my clothes as a lot are too big YAY, but the charity shop was very pleased. Dropped another half a kilo this week, so still on target.
    Enjoy the rest of the week everyone.

2nd Post – Day 8 ๐Ÿ‹

Pocket List Day 8
    @flourbaby FD800
    @excelsior12309 FD800
    @michelinme FD800
    @stitchincarol WFD
    @davinac

Just a quick check in to update you all. I am having both ovaries removed on Monday. I am ok but still worried. I have lots of friends supporting me. Once I have recovered from the operation I am hoping to be back. See you in November ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿคž๐Ÿคž๐Ÿคž๐Ÿคž๐Ÿคž

Day 8 – NE England

Rain and circumstances have prevented me getting out much today, step count is low๐Ÿ˜ญ I miss my long walks.
    Eating has been ok today, sandwich and fruit at lunch, then stir fry chicken and wholewheat noodles this evening. As part of the Pre Diabetes programme I have an official weigh in tomorrow – eek, Iโ€™m not worried as I can tell from my clothes Iโ€™m on the right path. I will let you know tomorrow.
    @molij sending good vibes your way hope all goes well.
    @louloudi sorry to hear about your stressful time, please check in regularly just to say hello, Iโ€™m sure it will help you to stay connected to your long term goals.

@stitchincarol
    Hi, no Iโ€™m not a day out – I just started a day early because I want to do 4:3 and do Monday Wednesday Friday
    I hardly slept at all last night so feeling washed out today. I havenโ€™t been hungry at all so although I havenโ€™t fasted, I still havenโ€™t eaten much. Interestingly, I think there are 2 possible reasons for the upset in my system- I have read that drinking too much water on a fast day can cause diarrhoea ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ something to be aware of for all of us as we do try to drink plenty on fast days. The other possibility is that as I had some extra calories to use I added a bit more olive oil to my salad – not more than usual but again, following a fast it can apparently cause problems.
    I should be fasting again tomorrow but I might see how I feel. If not, Iโ€™ll do Friday

Anne x

Day 9 NFD down 1.5kg in one week.
    ๐Ÿ˜Š

Day 9 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

@louloudi – ditto what others said. Every day is a clean slate, a new start. Just keep trying until you find what works.

@purplegranny – well done! ๐Ÿฅ‡

@davinac – sounds like you’re making great progress too! ๐ŸŽฏ

@molij – we’ll be here in November, or whenever you feel like popping in. Wishing you a full & speedy recovery ๐Ÿค—

@missybear – “I think I was a bear in a previous life…” ๐Ÿ˜‚

@michelinme – the mosaic project is fun. I could stay there all day, but for some reason we have to leave after 4 hours ๐Ÿ˜… I made good progress yesterday..
    https://imgur.com/a/RZGkcPK

‘Has YOUR doctor been taking your blood pressure wrong?’
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-13933421/blood-pressure-wrong-mistake-NHS-study-misdiagnosis.html

Happy Hump Day! ๐Ÿซ

โ€œEvery day is a chance to begin again. Donโ€™t focus on the failures of yesterday, start today with positive thoughts and expectations.โ€ ~ Catherine Pulsifer

Day 9 Wales ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓ ณ๓ ฟ NFD

Weather so unpredictable from hour to hour so Iโ€™m undecided what to do today. There is an option of a visit to a wool mill that would be a good idea if it rains again, although driving in heavy rain will be drearyโ€ฆ..oh well Iโ€™ll mull it over while I drink coffee.
    I had a controlled healthy eating NFD yesterday and plan the same for today, I do however need to put more effort into daily exercise.

@molij good to hear you have treatment scheduled, best wishes for Monday ๐Ÿค—

Better move before I take root on this sofa. Onwardsโ€ฆโ€ฆ..

Day 9 – Ireland..๐Ÿšซ โœ… ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿฝโ€โ™€๏ธ ๐ŸŒพ

Hi everyone! Iโ€™m so sorry Iโ€™ve not been back on and postingโ€ฆ things have been busy here and some habits have had to drop offโ€ฆ.All is ok though and Iโ€™ve decided to come back on the day after tomorrow.
    So Friday Iโ€™ll weigh ๐Ÿ˜ฌ (post holiday and birthday (tomorrow) weigh in).
    The shock will give me a restartโ€ฆ Iโ€™d wager about 5-6 lbs up, ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜‚
    I hope everyone is ok particularly our friends or their families in Florida

Onward and downward โฌ‡๏ธ

We rise by lifting others ๐Ÿ’•

Day 9-No. VA, USA-NFD

Hello to all. I am a bit rushed this morning so not able to post much. Words of encouragement to @louloudi: We speak of “falling off the wagon”, which is used to describe those who have started drinking alcohol again after swearing off…but here, we use it to mean when we have strayed from our intention to eat healthily. So we are constantly pulling each other back up “on the wagon.” So do not feel discouraged! We will haul you back up this month, if you want! We have all been there/
    @molij, I think you will come through your “little procedure” (as my mother used to describe operations) with flying colors.
    @funshipreddie, your mosaic project is so pretty. I read the article on taking blood pressure. Using the proper technique is so important. They did not address using wrist BP devices, which many people use at home, did they?
    @missybear, I have taken root on my sofa. I like the image.
    @jaifaim, we are always glad to hear from you.
    @stichincarol, you are a knitting machine! Sounds like your get-together with your friends was delightful, and just right.
    @northgeorgia, baby steps, baby steps. You will get there!
    Down we go, all.

Day 9 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 240 lbs, but on the edge of 239. A few more days. Looking forward to fasting again next week!

Day 9 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

Yesterday’s WF was tougher than they’ve been of late, but I got through it with no unexpected food, and this morning’s weight in the 157s was a lovely sight. Suppose I’ll be in the 156s after tomorrow’s WF?

I’ve spent a lot of driving time contemplating what has been the secret to me finally making progress after almost two years. I have no solid answers other than it took a deep focus on what it means to me to make a decision, and a deep dive into whether I’m actually making a decision or simply giving lip service to the thought. Having started the process, however, I’ve realized how important it is that I simply celebrate where I am now, rather than spend my time longing to be at goal weight. Why? Because I think that longing to be at goal weight makes me feel short of successful–not a failure, but certainly not fully successful–and that feeling frequently leads to horrible food/drink choices. (If you’re really contemplating what I’m writing, read that sentence again: it’s the lynch-pin of my success, I think.) What’s more, if on a random day in July, I’d suddenly shifted from 164 to 157, I’d have been ECSTATIC, right? So why not be ecstatic now, rather than focused on how far I still am from goal weight?

So, ecstasy it shall be…Oh. Wait. No, merely ecstatic, LOL!!!

(Why, since they’re the same root word, does the first word sounds so much different than the second?!?) ๐Ÿคฃ

@davinac Your success is inspiring, and congratulations on dropping more weight! Crazy how you have far too much rain and we are so bone dry in Nebraska, and across the midwest.

@molij I’ll keep you in prayer on Monday that all goes well and exactly as planned.

@lona72 I chuckled to think that the step count you consider pathetic is probably what I would celebrate–but thoroughly understand the longing to be able to do what you love and are accustomed to! I look forward to hearing the official weight report from your weigh-in today.

@purplegranny LOL, I’m still not sure what you mean about your post on the 7th labeled as the 8th, but remember to put the actual date on all your posts; in our international community, it makes all the difference in understanding posts.

@missybear A wool mill??? Now that sounds like a perfect excursion!!! Will you buy knitting wool there, spinning wool, sewing wool, or finished products? Or nothing at all, and simply enjoy the fragrance?? ๐Ÿฅฐ

@jaifaim I’ve been wondering at your silence, and it’s lovely to hear all is well. Happy, happy birthday tomorrow!!!! ๐ŸŽ‚๐Ÿฅณ๐ŸŽˆ๐Ÿฅ‚๐Ÿ™Œ

Our neighbors across the street are getting new siding put on so it’ll be a day on non-stop hammering. I’m thankful I can simply turn on my music loud enough to drown it out, but feel sorry for the gal there who works from home; her head will be pounding by tonight. But, oh, that lovely old house is going to look far better because the existing siding was in bad, bad shape.

Okay, I’m off to tidy for my housecleaner so she has surfaces to wipe clean. I’d rather take root on the sofa… ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‰

Have a grand one, everyone!

USA. Day 9. FD

Fall always finds me way too busy! Ugh! Being busy, though, helps with my FDs. Today will be a FD but more of a very controlled day. I have a luncheon and fashion show today to raise money for the arts. While I will be careful, I will be eating!

I hope everyone is having a great day! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Day 9 – NE England – DTF

Thinking of everyone in Florida this evening as Milton edges closer, scary times.

I had my official weigh in this morning, I’ve lost 15 pounds since starting the Pre-Diabetic programme in late June. I’m happy with that as on my own scales I was up a couple of pounds last weekend. I need to get one more pound off then I will have lost 10% of my starting weight, which they see as an initial goal. Personally I think I would like to lose another 7 pounds and reassess from there.

@stitchincarol I agree you should be ecstatic!!

@purplegranny well done on your loss, keep going!

@missybear wet here today, you have inspired me to pick up my knitting, same sweater been on the needles far too long!

Feeling for all those suffering from work related stress- Take it easy and find some me time. I absolutely love my retired life.

Day 9 UK nfd

Looooong awayday today. Sadly the only lunch option was gf pasta with mozzarella and fresh tomatoes, my first full on carb in 6 weeks. Now feeling very puffy indeed!

Yesterday FD didn’t happen. My stomach pain got worse, had rice and apple sauce then a v early night. Felt well enough to go today but ready for bed again now!

Looking forward to a FD tomorrow alongside my covid and flu vaccinations ๐Ÿ˜

Day 10 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – FD

Pocket List – Day 10 ๐Ÿฅ•
    @funshipfreddie
    @michelinme
    @missybear

Day 10 UK CD

Back to reality this morning – absolutely fantastic trip to Sicily and delighted to see scales have remained static so planning shopping etc today , probably wonโ€™t fast until next week but Iโ€™m determined to register a loss this month

Day 10 NZ

Should be a FD but two friends came over with a range of specialty jammy, custardy doughnuts…
    OOh take care @michelinme I hope your early night helped you to feel better. And your vaccinations don’t hurt๐Ÿ˜Š
    @iona72 Congrats on your 10% loss! Has this helped improve your pre diabetic nos?
    @ccco What fun!! Do you dress up too for the event? How’s your hairstyle coming along?
    @stitchincarol I agree with you. I believe a positive approach leads to change, however a negative one leads to falling off the wagon into the mud… same sentiment different words… By the way great to hear about your success!!
    @northgeorgia I think you are amazing the way you keep in touch and keep posting even when you are having hard time turning things around. You will get there ’cause you have succeeded before!!
    @excelsior12309 Has leading the pack helped with your RESOLVE?! I hope so!!
    @bert1802 Hope you’re OK there in Florida…
    @jaifaim Welcome back! That’s why we’re here after having way toooo much fun!!๐Ÿคฃ
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I have a lovely Stephanie Alexander (Ozzie) GF choc almond cake recipe if someone will volounteer to make it for you!!
    @missybear Did you manage to make it off the sofa!! I’d be going to the mill regardless of the weather!!! Is that one that makes those beautiful Welsh blankets?
    @davinac That’s what I did too โ€“ donated my too loose clothing so there is no going back!! It was so nice to empty the wardrobe of all the size variations I was storing!!
    @molij Thank you for letting us know how you are. We miss you and look forward to having you back in the fold posting when you’re ready in November unless you decide to wave at us before then!! In the meantime all the best for your op. I’ll be thinking of you from afar a day ahead of your schedule!!
    @purplegranny You might just have had a viral bug if you’re feeling so washed out… We seem to be sharing them around more efficiently with all the travel that goes on… Your kidneys deal with the excess water intake. Anyway I hope you are bouncing back๐Ÿ™‚
    @funshipfreddie How many sides does the big PO have?!! It’s looking great!! Have you got a drainage hole at the bottom so your future plant won’t become waterlogged?!
    I read the BP article… think half the problem now is nobody takes a BP any longer. They slap on a cuff and the equipment spits out the numbers. No such thing as the art of feeling/listening to pulse pressure and being able to judge a pulse rate without counting with a watch… Don’t I sound old skool!!
    @louloudi It does take a wee while to find your rythm and sort out what works best for you… please don’t despair and stay with us โ€“ you’ll get it together by keeping on trying๐Ÿ˜Š
    @penz I’m sure you’re having fun!! Hope the dogs cwent with you. They might want to stay in the countryside and get a job at a cattle farm๐Ÿ˜„
    @flourbaby I hope you’re through your overloaded work patch by now…
    @at You must be busy or on holiday perhaps…

I’m off to see the Dr tomorrow… and get a plan for the next 6 weeks… Hopefully they’ll change my cast. My hand looks like Shari Lewis’ Lambchop… I might draw a couple of eyes on for the Drs. Mind you the surgeon is German and the Registrar and HO are too young to recall them…

Day 10, London, UK, FD800

Sooo busy at work, the ‘to do’ pile is NOT getting any smaller!๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ฉ

@molij, Iโ€™m sure youโ€™ll be fine, but Iโ€™ve got everything crossed for you!๐Ÿคž๐Ÿฝ Hereโ€™s wishing you a safe op & speedy recovery!!๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ Rest, Recover, Recuperate and Re-join us for November!!๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

Happy Bโ€™day @jaifaim, glad to see youโ€™re back and youโ€™ll be glad to see the back of those extra lbs tout de suite!!!

@funshipfreddie, did I mention I want THAT plant pot??? I re-potted my herbs last weekend, my very plain terracotta pot is looking quite sad now!!๐Ÿ˜

Welcome back, but Iโ€™m too jealous to ask about your Sicily trip @brightonbelle!!! Iโ€™m sick of the wet wintery weather already โ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ. And itโ€™s only October!!!๐Ÿ˜ฅ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

I hope โ€˜Miltonโ€™ has swerved our Floridian friends!!๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ

@merryapple, I hope the Dr. has some good news for you, although your lengthy post shows youโ€™ve become a proficient โ€˜leftyโ€™!!๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Stay strong folks, we can & we will!!!๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿผ

โ€œEvery storm cloud eventually runs out of rainโ€ – Maya Angelou

Day 10 Wales ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓ ณ๓ ฟ FD

The mill trip planned for yesterday was postponed until Friday so I went to town and successfully bought some stationery and toiletries items, nothing very exciting but essential stuffโ€ฆ..your day sounded much more fun @ccco

@brightonbelle however did you manage to maintain your weight in Sicily? Well done!

@merry๐ŸŽ I havenโ€™t been to the mill before but I know it makes Welsh rugs. Hope all goes well with the review of your hand.

@stitchincarol youโ€™re absolutely right, we should celebrate our small successes on the way to our goal and be happy with ourselves in the present ๐Ÿ™‚

Pocket List โ€“ Day 10 ๐Ÿฅ•
    @funshipfreddie
    @michelinme
    @missybear
    @flourbaby

Day 10-No. VA USA-FD800
    Hello to all today. Happy birthday, @jaifaim!
    @stichincarol, you are correct, I think, in celebrating the small victories on the journey, not letting the goal rob you of a sense of enjoyment.
    @brightonbelle, I hope Sicily was as lovely as I imagine it to be. @merryapple, I hope you get a new cast! They get awfully grungy looking after awhile. And I agree that taking blood pressure is an art and a science an I rarely encounter people doing it the proper way. @flourbaby, you will put your head down and power through the ridiculous pile of work, I am sure…I hope you get some time to enjoy your new house!
    Down we go, all!

Day 10 second post

@jaifaim Happy Birthday! Wishing you a wonderful day of celebration ๐Ÿฅณ ๐ŸŽ‰

Day 10 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 239 lbs. One more day of antibiotics, a little weekend recovery, and back to FDs! @jaifaim Happy Birthday! Just staying accountable here, knowing this is a temporary pause — someone at work was sniffling for a few days, and she looked really ill yesterday. I asked if she wanted to go home. At first, she said no (she’s a relatively new employee), but later asked the location of the urgent care where I went. It’s good she went — she had strep and COVID! Hope she can rest and recover today through the weekend.

Day 10 – Rural Nebraska, USA – WFD

I joined @purplegranny in her complaint so my weight is way down this morning, which makes me question if my body will be okay with a WF, but we’ll see how it goes. Thankfully, one pill of anti-diarheal medicine has made me feel fine, so my fingers are crossed that I continue to feel fine.

And that’s all the chatter I can do, and I haven’t even had time to read the messages, but I need to race out the door.

Later, ‘gators!

Day 10 FD

Not quite enough sleep yet but beginning to feel better today. I still have burning pain in stomach and intestines but gradually lessening. I wonder what I ate that my body disliked so much? I hope I don’t do that again!

Today feeling far less puffy and more normal, back to enjoying feeling a little slimmer and clothes getting past fitting better and towards baggy. This is an EXCELLENT place to be – and I’m going to enjoy it @stitchincarol even tho it’s a a long way from where I’m heading. I’ve drunk gallons of fizzy water, electrolytes and marmite tea to get me through to this evening via a mammoth attempt to begin to catch up with my email backlog. Sadly a LONG way to go yet and not even got any Actual Work done today! Huge empathy @flourbaby

On the bright side I got my old laptop to the lovely techie down the road – it’s my beloved ThinkPad that broke last summer and has languished on a shelf awaiting attention. It’s going to be serviced, have windows reinstalled, upgraded RAM and new battery and back with me next week, then I can finally stop using my backup HP as my only computer! Also some admin done for my mother’s estate, which is taking a Long Time. Covid and flu jabs were okay thanks @merryapple – that’s three things off my long Home Admin & Health list! And had a long chat with DD. No wonder I’ve not got much work done today ๐Ÿ˜€

The flat is filled with the scent of spicy beetroot and sweetpotato roasting in the oven, soon to jump into the aromatics/lentils/ginger/garlic/chilli/tomato/onion combo which is bubbling away on the stove, before being topped off with some spinach for greenness and baby peas for a sweet pop – and my new dahl is done! That just leaves cabbage, cauliflower, pak choi and avocados to weave into the next few days and a plum/pear/melon/apple mound to work through and last week’s veg box is done – easy!

I’m trying not to get overwhelmed by the mountain of things that I’m behind with, but will be switching off after my 6.30pm zoom meeting…. sleep is almost irresistable at the moment. Onwards!

@jaifaim Happy Birthday!! I hope you’ve had an excellent day ๐Ÿ™‚

Pocket List โ€“ Day 10 ๐Ÿฅ•
    @funshipfreddie
    @michelinme
    @missybear
    @flourbaby FD800
    @excelsior12309 FD800
    @stitchincarol WFD

Day 10 NE England IF 16:8

Happy Birthday @jaifaim hope you had fun.

I succumbed to a small beer this evening so no longer DTF, Iโ€™m taking a positive from the fact it was only one which would not have been the case in a previous life!

Itโ€™s been cold today with a northerly wind but plenty of sunshine so got out and about, been running around fields chasing a toddler! Tired now so off to bed, chat more tomorrow.

Day 11 Friday afternoon FD 69.9kg

News of my day is that I’ve had the sutures out (2 1/2″ incision) and now have a small black splint with hot pink velcro straps which splints and immobilises my 3&4th fingers… Tomorrow I start 2hrly exercises to lengthen the tendon so my wee finger will straighten and not curl over like now. Have to hold and not move the knuckle/finger joint… for 4 weeks… Geez… In a week I see the hand Physio.
    The registrar predicts that textiles will be good exercise in the future…

@brightonbelle Welcome back and congrats on flat lining!!
    @stitchincarol Hope you feel better soon
    @iona72 DTF? something free?
    @michelinme You always sound so organised! You’re an inspiration!!
    @missybear I hope you might post some pictures of the mill when you get there. Sound intriguing!!
    @excelsior12309 How are the outside cats? And the goldfish?
    Front slab plus bandage wasn’t toooo grubby because I couldn’t use any of my fingers… It’s amazing how much they have stiffened in 2 1/2 weeks… can’t wait to get knitting!!
    @flourbaby Nothing better to do than spend hrs typing!! You need help. Is your boss nice or are you the boss?!
    @northgeorgia Hope your weekend is relaxed for you…

Be a Weekend Warrior everyone!!!

Day 11 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD 70.6 kg

I remembered just in time yesterday that I had a dental appointment, hence my very abrupt post. Nothing like a dentist visit to kill your appetite, so it was a very easy FD. I treated myself to a small cappuccino after surviving the dentist chair, & then as I had no power AGAIN last night, I had an apple, 4 seed crackers with a little cheese & a small avocado.

So yes, the power went kaput at noon yesterday. And 20 hours later we’re still waiting for it to come back on. All the same suburbs that had no power for several days recently. We got a message after 8 pm last night, telling us the problem still hadn’t been located, but it was too dark/unsafe for the technicians to continue working?! Poor dears. Needless to say – people are spitting feathers ๐Ÿคฏ Although, some of the remarks on one of the group chats are hilarious. A sense of humour always helps in situations like this. I just got another message; the problem has been found & is being repaired. Yay! Til next time..

@jaifaim – belated birthday greetings! ๐Ÿฅณ๏ธ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽŠ ๐Ÿฅ‚

@brightonbelle – welcome back! No weight gain – very impressive! ๐ŸŽฏ

@flourbaby – the pot’s in the post – NOT! ๐Ÿ˜œ But it’s really not that difficult. It just takes time. And oodles of patience. Even if you don’t have any classes near you, but can at least get the supplies from a store or online, I bet you could do it yourself. Lots of mosaic tutorials & ideas on YouTube.

@merryapple – the pot’s got 4 sides. And a drainage hole, luckily. I hope one’s enough though. 4 more weeks, eish?! Must be frustrating, but worth it if it means you can get your hand back as good as new. Hope you’re having an easy Friday FD ๐Ÿ’ช

Happy Fri-yay y’all! ๐Ÿน

Pocket List – Day 11 ๐Ÿฅ
    @merry๐ŸŽ

Day 11-No. VA USA-NFD

It is a bright and very cold day this morning, but things will warm up a bit by afternoon. No rain for a while and we could actually use some. Maybe we will get some bits from remnants of hurricane Milton.
    @merryapple, the two adopted cats have adjusted well and now roam around near their little cat barn, puffing up when they see the dogs and the other cat we have, and loafing around in the barn most of the time (I read somewhere cats sleep 18 hrs a day or more…I think @michelinme is very envious of them if that is true!)
    The koi pond is still full of Koi, so that is something. We put netting over it to keep leaves from accumulating in the bottom and fouling the water. As things get colder, the fish eat less; but we haven’t seen that. They are large and voracious.
    @stichincarol, I hope your downward weight trend continues, minus any stomach distress! @michelinme, I also hope better tummy days are ahead for you!
    @iona 72, I had a lovely glass of Pinot Noir last night, but only 1. So that is a violation of my alcohol-free October, but maybe just a misdemeanor one…
    @funshipfreddie, hope your power stays on for good this time. Well, that isn’t very realistic, I guess, but you can dream.
    Have a good day, all!

Day 11 FD 85kg

Weekly weigh day – and i’m the same as last week. I’m not surprised after a week of upset stomach and switching to BRAT for a couple of days, plus awayday pasta. But measurements are always a happy alternative to check for progress, and my carbtastic stomach is down 0.5″ so I’ll take that!

My evening meeting overran and I couldn’t face finishing the dahl before eating, so had cauliflower and mushrooms with a cheese sauce plus pear and banana in vegan custard. Not the wisest FD800 food but done; today I’m adding a plain vanilla FD to my week to rebalance ahead of the weekend. There’s a pot of yummy roast beetroot/sweet potato and baby pea dahl waiting for me in the fridge, with half a baby pointed cabbage on the side for OMAD early supper. It’s my first plain FD since I got back last month – I’ve been adding 3 or 4 FD800 to my week – so hoping this will keep me on track. Looking back at my tracker I noticed I’ve been coming and going for a few months here and there over the last couple of years, progress stalls and I lose motivation and drop off. This time I’m working to keep motivation and not fall off the waggon… remembering my longterm goals of better health and more energy.

I’ve had a lovely lie in this morning and read/drank coffee in bed. Now a mix of home and admin – it should be a day off but I’m so behind and some very eek deadlines on the horizon. First up I’m baking two loaves of gluten-free/vegan oat/cinnamon/raisin soda bread for community gathering tomorrow – a day that begins with baking is a good day. Then chores, prep for Saturday and admin for a couple of hours before a friend comes for coffee and catch up mid-afternoon, followed by supper and an early night. I think I need to be in town for 8.15am so an early start

@merryapple congrats on getting your plaster off! post-op recovery is slow but all those exercises bear fruit pretty quickly – good luck finding new ways to do old things

@funshipfreddie the continuous power outages in SA sound horrendous. How do you keep food fresh/lights on?

@iona72 your days sound so lively always!

@excelsior12309 yes, I’d love 18 hours’ sleep!

Looking forward to hearing the chatter – seems quite quiet today. @at hope things are going well with you and it’s your busyness keeping you away

Pocket List โ€“ Day 11 ๐Ÿฅ
    @merry๐ŸŽ
    @michelinme

Day 11 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 239 lbs. Last pill this morning! Either Sunday or Monday will be my next FD; I need to check the calendar, but I am so ready to get back to my FDs! Food is so overrated.

Day 11 UK CD

The downside of going on holiday , is the downer/ readjustment period when you get back , just taking it easy plan to fast Monday

Day 11 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

I did indeed hit the 156s this morning, which is the first time I’ve seen that number in…??? I quit keeping records a year or two (or three?) ago, first when I was at 140 or so and pleased with my success, and then later when I was regaining and didn’t want to truly face up to it, so I don’t truly know, but my guess is it’s been well over a year. I am truly ecstatic at this long-pursued success. I didn’t actually complete my WF yesterday, as I had moments of queasiness throughout the day, and finally decided some egg and about 60 calories (or less!) of bread would be a good solution, so I finished up the day at below 220 calories, and was good with that decision.

Tonight we’re going to a restaurant by a lake and will sit out on the deck with a roof, so not in the sun, but just enjoying the view and the outdoor air. It’s one of our–or certainly my, LOL–favorite places, and we’re running out of Fridays with lovely weather to enjoy it before winter hits.

@ccco I hope your fundraiser went well!

@lona72 Well, well done on your 15lb loss! Do the people with the program have an opinion as to how much more you should lose? I agree that you can’t know for sure what an ideal weight is until you hit and live with it for awhile. What a lovely position for you to be in, to be close to such decisions!

@brightonbelle Welcome back, I’m so glad you had so much fun, and congratulations on not gaining–that’s VERY impressive!

@merryapple My ears always perk up to hear of GF recipes, so I went looking; should anyone else care, here it is: https://robbydogcooks.com/2016/12/05/stephanie-alexanders-chocolate-and-almond-cake/ So are you feeling encouraged to have your sutures out and a small splint, or are you more aggravated at all the limitations you’re still enduring? What we think of as normal life can sure change in an instant, can’t it? Is the pain at least gone?

@flourbaby You are wonderfully chatty and I enjoy your good cheer even in the face of your overloaded work schedule!

@missybear Have fun on your mill trip today!

@excelsior12309 So what’s the plan if your building simply doesn’t sell? Can you sell your practice rather than the building? I’m longing so deeply for retirement so I don’t have so many balls to juggle that I can’t imagine still having to be at it ten years from now!

@jaifaim I’m looking forward to a report on your birthday!

@michelinme I do hope you’re feeling far better and healthy again! And to miss going down a pound this week isn’t much in the overall scheme of progress, and to lose another half inch off your waist is far more delightful!

@funshipfreddie Oh, an absolute UGH for you that you’re without power again! I do hope it’s back on quickly–even as I type!–and that it finally STAYS on.

@excelsior12309 I too have not maintained my AF October. ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ I figure life is frantic enough without removing the pleasant sips of wine I enjoy, and I’m drinking very little, so oh well; my liver will simply have to cope. ๐Ÿ˜‰

@northgeorgia You made me laugh: Food is INDEED overrated!

Looking over all I have to do in the next ten days means I should go over to church this morning and practice for Saturday night’s and Sunday morning’s services (two different churches, and different hymns for both, with means different preludes and postludes). The problem is, I don’t wanna. Oh well, eh?

So have a grand one, everyone, and I’m going to go be disciplined, LOL!

“We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The difference is discipline weighs ounces while regret weighs tons.” โ€• Jim Rohn

Day 11 Wales NFD

Very late check in for accountability. Busy day, tired and admittedly a bit tipsy ๐Ÿท
    Intending to enjoy a relaxed but mindful couple of days, feeling motivated and will be back Monday for FD company.

Have a lovely weekend everyone ๐Ÿค—

Day 12, NFD, Aus

I feel like a chunky wood pigeon or an Alaskan bear. Too much of a good time lately catching up with friends (but hey, thatโ€™s what makes life fun). The good thing is my body is very definitely telling me it wants no more food and alcohol! I canโ€™t wait for Mondayโ€™s FD. (And before you ask, @funshipfreddie, (because I know it will be you!) I canโ€™t have a FD tomorrow because weโ€™re already committed to go to a friendโ€™s for lunch.)

@louloudi: exactly what @stitchincarol said on day 8 (I am way behind posts).

@davinac โ€“ GREAT progress!! And doubly satisfying to lose weight and feel good about donating clothes to charity.

Oh @molij โ€“ very late catching up on everyoneโ€™s news but all the best for your operation and wishing you a very speedy recovery. Looking fwd to seeing you back on the forum as soon as youโ€™re up to it.

Happy belated birthday @jaifaim!

@merryapple โ€“ your hot pink finger straps sound so stylish!

Day 12 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

Our power finally came back on just after 3:30 pm. So we were without power for about 27.5 hours. No hurricane required, grrr. ๐Ÿ˜ 

@michelinme – the scheduled nationwide power outages – loadshedding – actually came to a halt at the end of March. Or as the government is gleefully reminding us today – 200 days! The recent unscheduled outages in my area are just my bad luck, due to ageing infrastructure & the incompetence of local government. I’ve got candles & rechargeable lamps for lighting. Anything in the freezer will stay frozen for a couple of days, so long as the door isn’t opened. Anything perishable in the fridge will have to be eaten after a few hours though, or thrown away.

@northgeorgia – “food is so overrated..” ๐Ÿ˜‚ That’s my new mantra; on FDs anyway

@stitchincarol – it’s so good to hear you’re making progress! ๐ŸŽฏ

and @merryapple – I saw that ‘69.5’! ๐Ÿ’ช ๐ŸŽ‰

@penz – oh dear! ๐Ÿ˜… ๐Ÿค

Have a good weekend everyone ๐ŸŒค๐ŸŒˆ

Day 12-No. VA USA-FD 800

Our sunny and cool weather continues, which is so delightful.
    @funshipfreddie, how frustrating. We have been through many power outages here, over the years, so we do have a propane-powered generator. But in the past, we have had four or five days in 100 degree weather without power, following a derecho, (a straight-line wind storm, rather than a tornado). Fun times…not.
    @stichincarol, medical practices nowadays actually have little value, so they are not sold as they used to be. Patients go where they want, or have to go because of insurance. So someone could take over the practice for a dollar if they would buy the building. I could rent it on a lease, but the ownership problem would still exist. I suppose if I die before the building sells, it would go back to the bank which holds the mortgage. I don’t know honestly if my estate would then be responsible. Annoying.
    @missybear and @penz, life is for living, and for enjoying time with friends, so have a lovely weekend!

Day 12 – Rural Nebraska, USA – CD – 158.4

Sadly, I lost my discipline yesterday and have too much food in me to be down my weekly pound. But I do not have @at‘s idiosyncracy where, when I’m cooking/baking, I lose my appetite, and I had lots of cooking/baking yesterday afternoon. I also do today, so am busy telling myself that this WILL be OMAD, with the only exception being a taste of the sweet potato/carrot/parsnip soup I’m making for tomorrow’s birthday celebration, and I have to taste it to make sure it’s good, don’t I????

๐Ÿ˜‰

@excelsior12309 Such a shame. COULD you rent it on a lease? I really feel for your wanting to retire–perhaps more than you do, LOL.

@missybear I chuckled at your tipsy admission. Enjoy your relaxed but controlled weekend!

@penz I have had that feeling many times in the last several years, and don’t now only because I’ve finally managed a month of weight-loss behavior, but many more days like yesterday, and I’ll be back to the feeling–hence my intense conversation with myself about behaving today, LOL! May you also maintain your new indifference to food and alcohol!

@funshipfreddie I think I would be far grumpier than you seem to be about a 27-hour power outage!

Last night’s dinner at the lake restaurant was lovely; I had surf and turf skewers on top of mashed potatoes, and sauteed veggies on the side; I didn’t finish the protein, so DH will have that for lunch. Today is back to business with a zoom meeting at 9am until who knows when, so lots of knitting, and then I’ll make that soup and the three macaroon “cake” layers, and then and then and then…and I’ll keep reminding myself of my 81yo sister who’s lonely and bored, and use that thought to be grateful I’m neither lonely nor bored. But I’m still looking forward to retirement next May, LOL!

Have a grand one, everyone. โค๏ธ

Day 12 UK FD800

I was delighted to have pulled off yesterday’s FD – my first proper FD (as opposed to FD800) since I got here. My motivation stood up and stood strong despite baking two delicious looking loaves of raisin & cinnamon soda bread with pumpkin/sunflower/flax seeds – I didn’t even take my usual baker’s taster slice! Result – feeling thinner again today, face/double-chin is shrinking before my very eyes and clothes feeling nicely roomy. That’s better!

This morning I was out early for special community gathering at church, with the aforementioned bread. At breakfast I minded the food table and resisted a HUGE range of snacks/cakes/savouries in favour of a hard-boiled egg, some baby tomatoes and the smallest slice of my bread with a sliver of cheddar – total approx calories 200. (The apple cake and cheese scones looked/smelt amazing – but i didn’t NEED to eat them – woohoo!) I’m going to save my indulgent day for tomorrow and finish up with another bowl of beetroot/sweetpotato/pea dahl with cabbage and cauliflower.

This afternoon I’m baking a gf chocolate cake – it’s a lovely churchgoer’s 95th birthday party tomorrow and we’re holding a surprising party. I enjoy making more accessible goodies – this one is made with coconut flour and lots of eggs plus the richest chocolate/avocado ganache topped with blackberries. It’s delicious AND good for you! That’s where my weekend indulgence is going ๐Ÿ™‚ Really looking forward to an early night too!

@excelsior12309 thank you for my new word – derecho ๐Ÿ™‚
    @funshipfreddie I’m glad the load shedding is history but goodness, you’ve been unlucky
    @penz puffing up is good for boosting future self-esteem as you deflate ๐Ÿ™‚
    @stitchincarol thank you for the description of your favourite dining place! As you said to me, a pound down one week is no biggie in the greath scheme of things ๐Ÿ™‚ Hope you have a lovely time preparing the birthdays’ feast
    @northgeorgia hope you are feeling better after the antibiotics
    @molij good luck with your surgery – be thinking of you

Pocket List Day 12
    @excelsior12309
    @michelinme

Day 12 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 237 lbs. Yes, I’m thinking of printing that out as a motto and posting it in my office, “Food is so overrated.”

Monday will be my FD. Glad I’m already down three pounds from earlier this week. The medications did help, although I think I still have some congestion messing around.

USA. DAY 12. FD

Pocket List Day 12
    @excelsior12309
    @michelinme
    @ccco

Adding myself to today’s pocket list! I have been reading about mindful eating lately and think that I should add this to my repertoire of weight loss plans. I have 5:2, WFDs, eating within an 8 hour window (forgot what that is called), and somewhere in there I should reach my goal. For some reason, when I journal what I eat I seem to eat more! LOL. Maybe I should leave that technique out!

I guess I better get on with my day. Yesterday was grandparents day for my granddaughter, so my day was a wash but fun. My photo reading to the children even appeared on the school’s Instagram account! That was fun!

Have a great day, everyone!๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Good for you, @michelinme, for you successful FD. Some days things just get in the way! @northgeorgia, congratulations for your 3 lb. loss. @excelsior12309, that was a very interesting message you wrote about medical practices. Since I am at an age where so many of my doctors are retiring, I have come across the ends of those practices. This does leave us in a pickle when you begin to realize finding a new doctor, especially one you find agreeable, is harder than it used to be. I am sorry for everyone who has been suffering from power outages. They really cause so many problems.

Day 12 NE England. IF 19:5

@stitchincarol you asked about the programme I’m on. There is no guidance as to how much weight to lose, other than the rather generic 10% for anyone who has a BMI above 25. The focus is more on mindset, a balanced plate, sleep and exercise rather than weight loss. This is to encourage a healthier lifestyle in order to prevent the onset of Diabetes. Personally I think of weight as my primary focus as I think I do okay in the other areas already.

@penz glad you had fun with friends, life is definitely for living!

@funshipfreddie Let there be light!!

@northgeorgia good loss, keep up the good work.

@merryapple hope your hand is feeling ok?

@excelsior12309 an alcohol free October, that would be very difficult!

Found fasting for 19 hours easy today and trying to stay in the zone and not get carried away because it’s the weekend! No change to the scale but waist is measuring about half an inch less this week.
    We have been entertained this afternoon by our 2 year old Granddaughter showing us the moves from this weeks dance class. I haven’t laughed so much in ages!

Off for a day out tomorrow to visit a Georgian country garden estate, plenty of steps hopefully, may not beat Friday though when I did just over 23,000!

Day 12 NZ NFD 69.3kg ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿปโ€โ„๏ธ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿพ

Iโ€™m slow, my hand is slow, eating and cooking with the left is SLOWโ€ฆ So is slowing down another key to loosing weight???!!!
    Iโ€™m off on the Westie and Scottie Club walk this morning ๐Ÿ˜„
    Itโ€™s showery so it will be raincoats and gumboots.

@stitchincarol Thatโ€™s the recipe!!! Yum!! @michelinmeโ€™s cake sounds pretty good too esp the ganache!!
    @excelsior12309 and @ccco A lot of our independent practices for Drs and dentists have been sold to a big US company that give you 15 minute appointments costing $68. If itโ€™s complicated you have to book two slotsโ€ฆ so people donโ€™t go or use the public hospitalโ€™s A&E/ED.
    @funshipfreddie I thought your โ€œload shedding in the pastโ€ referred to your old excess personal load!!!
    @penz Remember there is nothing more motivating than having too much of a good time ๐Ÿคฃ
    @northgeorgia and @missybear Iโ€™ll join you and our friends above on tomorrowโ€™s FD
    Have a good Sunday everyone!!

Day 13, NFD, Aus

I had a lovely lunch with friends today โ€“ far too much food but it was healthy (! โ€“ my friend cooks a lot of Spanish food with lovely home grown green salad) and some lovely wine.

Roll on tomorrowโ€™s WFD! Iโ€™m clutching your hand @northgeorgia.

@merryapple โ€“ are you close to thinking about adding a new Westie to your household? I know Mister Mac was a very special (four-legged) person in your life but there’s nothing like having a dog. Or two.

Day 13 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – FD

@merryapple – ‘load-shedding’, yeah, it’s a funny term ๐Ÿ˜… Your own load-shedding’s going great – a whisker away from your October goal already! ๐Ÿฅ‡

@iona72 – the lights are still on! ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿคž๐Ÿคž

@northgeorgia – look what I found on Amazon! I don’t think it’s a bestseller ๐Ÿ˜… https://www.amazon.com/Food-Totally-Overrated-Journal/dp/B09F8TD3KT

Updated Michael Mosley article. I’m thinking of trying the cold shower – AFTER my normal warm shower ๐Ÿ˜…
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-13950371/change-life-DR-MICHAEL-MOSLEYS-science-backed-tweaks-slimmer-happier-healthier-returns-screens-final-time.html

Gorgeous spring weather here; I’m off out… Happy S๐ŸŒžnday! ๐Ÿƒ๐ŸŒป๐Ÿ๐Ÿฆ‹

Pocket List – Day 13 ๐Ÿง€
    @funshipfreddie

Day 13-No. VA USA-NFD
    @funshipfreddie, glad to hear you are back in the light!
    @stichincarol, I am awaiting full report of the birthday feast you have planned.
    @merryapple, I hope your walk with the wild terriers went well, and you kept your footing!
    @ccco, the problem of inadequate primary care is very real. It is almost as if we are going backwards, a bit, to where less highly-trained people will provide most of the initial care for patients, who will only see a physician if there problems are too complex. Strange times.
    @northgeorgia, good news!

Have a good day, all!

USA. Day FD

@excelsior12309, I so agree. It’s scary!

Well, I failed my FD yesterday! ๐Ÿ™ Evenings, for some reason, are hard for me, so I will try again. It’s so easy for me to stay under control during the day but then I mess up in the evening. I am not hungry. It’s just stress eating. When I was younger, I could go for a run but now I am too old for that! I am going out to dinner tonight with family but I will try to persevere!

I hope everyone’s weekend is going well! I am sorry, @funshipfreddie. I still can’t get into those articles you give us. I really don’t know why because it used to be possible!

Day 13 UK NFD

Yesterday morphed to a CD when I kept test tasting the chocolate ganache! But happy with that.

The cake was DELICIOUS – someone described it as ‘it gives you a hug on the inside’ ๐Ÿ™‚ Love sharing recipes – I make a small variation on this one, with cacao powder rather than chocolate, plus date syrup instead of maple syrup and c25% less of it https://thehealthychef.com/blogs/recipes/gluten-free-naked-chocolate-cake.
    The ganache I use is this one, made in 50% quantities for cake frosting and again with cacao powder and 25% less date syrup than the recipe.https://thehealthychef.com/blogs/recipes/healthy-chocolate-mousse-2 I add zest and juice of 1/2 small lemon to the ganache to cut through the richness and top with homegrown blackberries and a dusting of raw cacao powder. I cut the cake into 16 squares for parties/community events. I just worked it out as 210 calories/square and worth every one of them! It has a high protein:carb ratio, works for people on paleo/gluten-free/grain-free/dairy-free/keto diets – just not vegan.

Early start again today to ice and decorate cake then travel in around the Royal Parks half-marathon and all its road closures. I had a very indulgent day so far – two squares of cake, 175ml pink champagne and shared a plate of chips with a friend afterwards. But isn’t it lovely to have a day off and enjoy people! Looking forward to a solid FD tomorrow tho ๐Ÿ™‚

I have to read church council papers and send in my questions by tomorrow morning as I’m missing the meeting, so going to spend a couple of hours on that now then enjoy a leisurely Sunday night bath and early night! DD gave me lots of tired bath bombs and I’m determined to practice gentle self care – the week will start so much better after a lovely long sleep.

Wishing you all a lovely Sunday – @stitchincarol I hope you’re having a lovely family time

Day 13 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 239 lbs. Picnic with family planned today. FD begins Monday ๐Ÿ™‚ @funshipfreddie Maybe I should get that journal ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 13 NE England NFD

Had a lovely day out, mostly outside, very slow walking the country estate with a 2 year old!. Cold but dry, had plenty of layers on. I feel like I’ve done ok over the weekend with my eating and not much alcohol either. I have started my IF 16:8 timer so nothing until tomorrow lunch now. Plan for next week is to lose another pound.
    Stay strong everyone, onwards and downwards.๐Ÿ’ช

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 175 total)

You must be logged in to reply.