Succeed in September

This topic contains 158 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  NorthGeorgia 2 hours, 1 minute ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 159 total)

• Day 10 UK f800

Great work @stitchincarol Iโ€™m trying to get rid of some of my โ€œtreasuresโ€ Iโ€™ve found Iโ€™ve got to be in a determined mood or else I get distracted looking at old photos , reminiscing and not actually getting rid of much ๐Ÿ“š

I too have been pleasantly surprised in my changing relationship with food @michelinme Iโ€™m definitely having more vegetables, less carbs and sugar and I know this is how I need to be eating going forward not just a quick fix , one of the easiest changes has been rejoining the zbc – Iโ€™d got onto very bad habits ๐Ÿฅ

Pocket list day 10
    @stitchincarol WFD
    @excelsior12309
    @michelinme
    @brightonbelle

Day 11, FD, Aus

It started as such a beautiful day but now it’s clouded over. Had a busy morning and now I better take the dogs out. They have perfected the Stare Treatment!

Day 11 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

Happy Hump Day! ๐Ÿซ

Pocket List – Day 11 ๐ŸŒ
    @penz
    @northgeorgia

Day 11 – Ireland – FD ๐Ÿšซ โœ… ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿฝโ€โ™€๏ธ ๐ŸŒพ

Checking in and planning a good FD.
    Yesterday ended up being a good CD so Iโ€™m happy with that.
    @excelsior12309 you can do it! Believe that and you willโ€ฆ cut the snacking and everything else will follow – 20 days to get there!
    @michelinme and @brightonbelle Iโ€™m feeling your mojo โญ๏ธ itโ€™s contagious ๐Ÿ˜.
    ZBC works for me ๐Ÿ‘
    Ok focus required here for everything. Have a great day everyone!

Onward and downward โฌ‡๏ธ
    We rise by lifting others ๐Ÿ’•

Pocket List โ€“ Day 11 ๐ŸŒ
    @penz
    @northgeorgia
    @jaifaim

Day 11 UK f800

Morning ! Very quiet , hope that means everyoneโ€™s just getting on with life and fasting is going well ?

Happy ๐Ÿซ day all

And thanks for reminding me @jaifaim

@penz
    @northgeorgia
    @jaifaim
    @brightonbelle

Day 11 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 235 lbs. I admit that I overate on my OMAD, tsk tsk. Anyway, I won $4 on the Mega Millions lottery last night (ok, I probably spent $8 on tickets over the past three weeks, lol!)… so maybe it will be a lucky day for me all around ๐Ÿ™‚

@penz
    @northgeorgia
    @jaifaim
    @brightonbelle

Hi, I’m a Brit living in Germany and Majorca. 69 years old. Just finished 2 FD Monday and Wednesday. Doing 2 more next week as our daughter gets married in Rome the following weekend and I want to look acceptable with a flat Tum for the event…I started out 6 weeks ago at 73kg and now 68,4kg so that is a result. Eating out last night in Majorca was fine found good things to eat, although it was hard not to have a glass of wine. But tonight… onwards and downwards. Keep going everyone, feel positive. Have a great September

Day 11 UK CD

Yesterday’s possible b2b wasn’t – I was simply too tired and hungry on my 3rd consecuitve trip into town around broken lifts and engineering works! But an intentional NFD of healthy food, swerving chocolate and biscuits at the meeting in favour of soup and fruit, and finishing with some skinny toast – homemade oat/pumpkinseed/linseed/apricot/cardamon bread that I made for the weekend’s community party.

Today I’m delighted to be at home with a couple of zoom meetings and a pile of email. I’ve already enjoyed a light late lunch bowl of carrot/avocado/tomato/apple/plum, and looking forward to an early supper of pan fried courgettes, young broccoli, spinach and mushrooms with a vegan cream cheese sauce. I’ve had gnocchi sitting in the fridge asking to be eaten up for the past 10 days – the last of my pre-waggon carbs – but have finally decided to freeze it and major in vegetables. I was tempted to eat it tonight but decided against while writing this – Go Me!

My scales are yoyo-ing wildly atm, possibly a symptom of their age rather than my weight – I think they are about 40? I’ll keep weighing on a daily basis to keep myself honest, but track my weekly Friday weighday.

Sending strength to today’s fasters!

Day 11 – Rural Nebraska, USA – haven’t decided

I’m down to 160.4 this morning after yesterday’s successful–but barely–WFD. I wasn’t all that hungry, but my emotions were BEGGING for food, and I nearly succumbed many times. Proves the truth of the weight of discipline v. regret…

So what do I do today? There are no FDs possible while the kids are all home, so this is my only chance…but is that pushing my body too hard? Oh!

I just realized it’s not my body that’s worried, it’s my emotions, LOL. Okay, I’ll plan on a WF, but give myself grace to have a sandwich and some of the veggies I’m taking at the visitation tonight.

There’s a ton to do today (e.g. putting 16 cross necklaces onto a form board to display with with the photos, LOL…we none of us realized she had so MANY cross necklaces even though she wore one every single day) and DH is planning to stay home with me as much as he’s able to help accomplish it all.

So, I’m off. I think the appropriate quote for me today is:

You’re much too smart to be the only thing standing in your way.

Have a grand one, everyone!

Oh, and congratulations, @northgeorgia, on your MegaMillions win!

Days 10 & 11 Wales ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓ ณ๓ ฟ NFD

Nothing much to report, stretching my discipline muscle, eating healthily and keeping to my daily exercise planโ€ฆ..working towards a loss this month ๐Ÿคž

Happy hump day everyone ๐Ÿค—

Day 12, London, UK, FD

I made it!!! I’m finally here after a manic 1 1/2 weeks!! The move went well despite the removal men not being as careful with my ‘stuff’ as I would be………… who would have thought that?๐Ÿ˜‚ The house remains in turmoil, with boxes & bags everywhere, but I’m doing it little by little and taking time to get Bo-Bo settled, he’s doing well๐Ÿ˜ป, just eager to go outside which I’ll try this weekend with a ‘small dog’ leash, just until he knows where HOME is.๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ

I have only managed a quick skim of posts, welcome back @michelinme, I too threw myself off the wagon (there was no gentle drifting away here @penz!) and this time around I started in a worse position than on the 1st go around!๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ฉ

Welcome to the challenge @davinac, you’re doing great!!!

I’ll try to catch up with everyones news this weekend, but from now on I’m fully committed to daily posting, 2L water/day, Booze free and a minimum of 2x 500cal FDs per week!

Onward & downwards folks!!

โ€œBe willing to be a beginner every single morning.โ€ – Meister Eckhart

Day 12 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – FD

Wow? So quiet here. Everyone busy exercising & concentrating on not eating, I’m sure ๐Ÿ˜…

Would you believe it – someone brought doughnuts to line-dancing yesterday?! An overseas visitor who’s been visiting one of our line-dancers for the last couple of months, & so has been joining in the dancing. She said she brought the doughnuts because it was her last session with us, as she’s going home at the weekend. I didn’t eat any though, I just said it would spoil my appetite for lunch. Someone said, a little cattily, (or maybe enviously) ‘oh yeah, you need to watch your figure’, but I don’t care. I’m trying to do low-carb & I’m pretty sure doughnuts aren’t on the list ๐Ÿ˜‚

@flourbaby – just saw your post, just in time to put you on the list. I’m so glad your move went well & that you & Bo-Bo are doing okay. Is he micro-chipped? It’s a good idea to get it done if he’s not. It doesn’t hurt them at all, they place the chip under the loose skin near their neck. I’m glad you’re going booze-free too; you won’t regret it. I’m just coming up to my 2nd AF anniversary ๐Ÿšซ๐Ÿท

Let’s do this, Thursday fasters – Stronger Together ๐Ÿ’ช๐ŸŽฏ

Pocket List – Day 12 ๐Ÿฅ‘
    @merry๐ŸŽ
    @funshipfreddie
    @michelinme
    @missybear
    @snowflake56
    @flourbaby

Day 12 UK f800

Going well this week , weighing in tomorrow ๐Ÿคž

You sound very busy @stitchincarol I canโ€™t ever imagine being able to fast with visitors in the house , especially family so enjoy your time together and regroup when they leave

@flourbaby Youโ€™re in !! How lovely . I see quite a few cats on leads ( well it is Brighton ๐Ÿ™‚) hopefully heโ€™ll settle in soon

@davinac Welcome you sound to be doing great

Well done resisting doughnuts @funshipfreddie Iโ€™m doing low carb too , it can be challenging

Letโ€™s do this, Thursday fasters โ€“ Stronger Together ๐Ÿ’ช๐ŸŽฏ

Pocket List โ€“ Day 12 ๐Ÿฅ‘
    @merry๐ŸŽ
    @funshipfreddie
    @michelinme
    @missybear
    @snowflake56
    @flourbaby
    @brightonbelle

Day 12 Wales ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓ ณ๓ ฟ FD

DH and I enjoyed a lovely walk yesterday, longer than usual for which Iโ€™m thankful because itโ€™s raining today so my only exercise is likely to be a bit of housework.

@flourbaby good to hear that you and Bo-Bo are getting settled in your new home ๐Ÿก

Feeling hungry so will have a couple of boiled eggs for brunch and a cold beef salad is on the menu for dinner. I must remember to drink more water to quell the hunger.

Strength to my fellow Thursday fasters!

@merry๐ŸŽ
    @funshipfreddie
    @michelinme
    @missybear
    @snowflake56
    @flourbaby
    @brightonbelle

Day 12 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 232 lbs. I’m trying to get in a walk at work every day it isn’t horrible weather outside. That won’t be today, but there’ll be lots of walking in the building due to a renovation preview project.

Day 12 – Ireland – FD ๐Ÿšซ โœ… ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿฝโ€โ™€๏ธ ๐ŸŒพ
    153.1 lbs

Hi all, Iโ€™m off today so have been busy trying to get everything done before I leave. Iโ€™m so looking forward to this holiday. It has been a long time since I took so long off work. ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธโ˜€๏ธ ๐Ÿ–๏ธ ๐Ÿข๐Ÿ›๏ธ๐Ÿฅ‚
    Happy new home @flourbaby! ๐ŸŽ‰ ๐Ÿ’•โญ๏ธ Great to see your post. Enjoy settling in nowโ€ฆ how very exciting!

I will check in when I can over the next 2.5 weeksโ€ฆ and will be back for final September weigh in ๐Ÿคญ๐Ÿซฃ๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿคฃ

Day 12 UK FD

Yesterday became a NFD bc it needed to. I had gnocchi and toasted some of my homemade bread – my first solid carbs in 10 days – and lo! This morning my carbtastic stomach had SHRUNK! Looking forward to my weekly weigh day tomorrow after my first full week back on the waggon…

Today’s FD has been harder than previously bc yesterday’s carbs and not enough protein – I’ll have to get better at planning day before fast day (DBFD!). I’ve also not drunk enough bc I forgot to put a glass/bottle in front of me … out of sight, out of mind. I’ve had two scrambled eggs and a teeny tiny apple: supper is last week’s sweetpotato/spinach/pea dahl with some quorn pieces for extra texture, chewed very slowly. I’ve got a trustees meeting on zoom tonight and will be sipping peppermint tea/knitting to keep the weary munchies at bay

@flourbaby wonderful to be on the waggon with you again! Congrats on your new house – may it be a wonderful new home. I came back here weighing almost 20lbs more than the first time round… after 10 days I’m slowly deflating

@stitchincarol best of luck with all the family preparation and mourning time

@jaifaim travelling mercies – and happy holidays!

@funshipfreddie well done resisting doughnuts!! that’s epic! Thank you for putting me on the pocket list – it’s strengthened my resolve

Here’s strength to today’s fasters – and to our companions in their travels and busynesses. So many old friends not here now. Can anyone update me on @daffodil2010?

@merry๐ŸŽ
    @funshipfreddie
    @michelinme
    @missybear
    @snowflake56
    @flourbaby
    @brightonbelle
    @jaifaim

It is the last day here on Majorca and after doing 2 FD days I really let myself down today, apple cake and ice cream…..
    Oh forgot the wine ooopps.
    Anyway back
    To Germany tomorrow and 2 FD days before going to our daughters wedding next weekend in Rome. My aim was 67kg but I don’t think I will make it. It would be nice to be 67.something. Will see next week.
    Keep going

Day 13, NFD, Aus

I completely missed yesterday!

Great to see you back @flourbaby. I’ve done lots of removals over my life and find the best approach is to unpack everything immediately, otherwise the temptation (well, my temptation anyway) is to have unpacked boxes lying around for months and months. Good luck with whatever strategy works for you.

have a great weekend everyone!

Day 13 ๐Ÿˆโ€โฌ› – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD 70.2 kg

Had a perfect FD, & clocked up 12,300 steps, so feeling extra-smug today. It was nice to see so many of us on the list ๐ŸŽฏ

@michelinme – it wasn’t that hard to resist those doughnuts. If they’d been covered in chocolate it might’ve been another story ๐Ÿ˜…

@brightonbelle – I’m not finding low-carb too challenging. It’s only been about a month, but I feel great. I think I’m getting younger, like Benjamin Button. Do you use the Carb Manager app?

@jaifaim – have a great holiday! ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ—ฝ

@davinac – wishing you two good FDs before your daughter’s wedding. If you head your posts like the rest of us & indicate whether you’re doing a FD we can add you to the pocket lists for extra RESOLVE ๐Ÿ’ช

Off to a new place for brunch. ‘Mike’s Kitchen’ is doing a breakfast special – 2 eggs, bacon, fries, toast, tomato + a cappuccino for R 57! That’s about US$3.20. Mike’s Kitchens have been going for over 50 years, & are all over SA, but I don’t think I’ve ever been to one. Better late than never

Happy Fri-yay! ๐Ÿน

Day 13, London, UK, NFD

Office breakfast today, swapping my usual salad for a panini today as weโ€™ve changed to another cafรฉ (and itโ€™s 5 degrees outside!๐Ÿ˜ฒ) and their salads are dismal!! Not exactly low carb @funshipfreddie & @brightonbelle, which is another of my aims, there are so many lovely satiating options with low carb and I really enjoy it, but sometimes convenience = carbs, and thereโ€™s nothing worse for the waistline than doing LC part time!……………………. did I mention my panini??!!

Bo-Bo is indeed microchipped, and the new house has a super cat flap that will be linked to his chip, thank goodness as he used to have me up & down like a yo-yo letting him in then out then in then โ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..โ€ฆ. anxiety & FOMO I think, he liked to check on what you were doing in HIS house and that someone was still in the house to feed him on demand!!๐Ÿ˜ป๐Ÿ˜ป

@jaifaim, have a fabulous holiday, it will be an epic reunion!!๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿฅณ I havenโ€™t been to America in 40+ years!! I need to make time for a trip I thinkโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ. Vegas is top of the list โ™ โ™ฃโ™ฆโ™ฅ โ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ.note to self โ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€˜Do NOT gamble your new house!!โ€™

@michelinme, I couldnโ€™t possibly reveal my โ€˜numberโ€™๐Ÿ˜ณ but Iโ€™ve set myself a 1 year target to shift the excess timber!! Swerving the carbs is definitely the key as well as drowning the dragon, so 2-3L of water should do the trick!

@penz, Iโ€™m definitely a member of Club Tor-twah๐Ÿข in many respects, so unpacking everything at once is making me anxious & twitchy just thinking about it!!๐Ÿ˜ฑ โ€˜Slow & steadyโ€™โ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ.Little by Littleโ€™โ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ.. โ€˜One day at a timeโ€™ are my mantras!!๐Ÿฅฑโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ.. I should be unpacked by Xmas!๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜Š

@funshipfreddie, your fries & toast sound exactly like my low carb paniniโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ.. contradictory!!๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Ok, back to work, deadlines await!!

Keep the faith folks.

โ€œSuccess is not the absence of failure; itโ€™s the persistence through failure.โ€
    โ€” Aisha Tylor

Day 13-No. VA USA-FD 800
    The weather here has been so lovely, cool and breezy, compared to our awful hot summer. Of course, there will be an end, but enjoying it a lot now.
    @flourbaby, so glad for you in your new house; I agree with @penz, persistence in getting rid of the boxes is essential, or they become part of the furniture! Your panini breakfast sounds delicious, as does @funshipfreddie‘s. But I don’t usually eat breakfast except for coffee; I would have to hold off until noon.
    @jaifaim, have a great trip. I haven’t been back to Long Island since graduating med. school in 1982!

Day 13 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 234 lbs. Next FD likely to be Monday.

Day 13 Wales ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓ ณ๓ ฟ NFD

I managed to keep myself busy yesterday so ended up having an excellent FD despite waking up hungry. Iโ€™m also eating low carbโ€ฆ.. I think ๐Ÿค”. Iโ€™m avoiding the obvious processed carbs like bread, pasta, etc but eating fruit and veg with abandon. I just wondered what my actual carbs intake is as I chopped up my brunch bowl of fruitโ€ฆ.or perhaps I shouldnโ€™t worry about it too much as it is natural sugar and nutritious. Anyway Iโ€™ve eaten it now and it was delicious, kiwi, black grapes, banana and passion fruit with a handful of mixed nuts, a couple of spoonfuls of organic jumbo rolled oats and golden linseeds topped with Greek yogurt ๐Ÿ˜‹ I doubt Iโ€™ll need anything else before dinner tonight!

Happy Friday everyone ๐Ÿท

USA. Day 13. NFD

Have a great day, everyone!

Day 13 UK FD800

Annoyingly I forgot to weigh myself this morning despite it being my weekly weigh day! I’ll have to remember on Sunday as I’m out earlydoors tomorrow… and have a party in the evening.

yesterday’s FD became FD800 – i was HUNGRY! That’ll teach me to eat carbs the day before fasting! Today was supposed to be day off but been looong catching up with the most urgent emails, a couple of zooms and some project work. Big conference coming up which is all pre-recorded this year so all the work is in advance! it’s shifting the busy time to NOW but Future Me will be very happy indeed.

I’ve not yet eaten today but have drunk much more to drown the dragon. I’m about to enjoy a OMAD baked sweet potato with dahl, mushrooms and extra spinach followed by plum and pear compote with vegan custard.

Lovely to catch up with posts. Hang in there All, and enjoy the travels/weekend

Pocket list day 13
    @excelsior12309
    @michelinme

Day 14 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

@flourbaby – I didn’t eat any fries, & I had only one slice of toast ๐Ÿ˜‡ I’m aiming for 70 – 80 g net carbs per day. But some things are not negotiable. I WILL have my daily apple, one slice of toast with lunch, & a couple of squares of dark chocolate.

@missybear – Most fruit isn’t advisable on low carb, especially bananas & grapes. They’re loaded with sugar, & unfortunately your pancreas can’t tell the difference between ‘natural’ & refined sugar. One medium banana has about 24 g net carbs. They say berries are okay in small quantities. Oats are really high too. One cup of cooked oats = around 23 g net carbs. Here’s a really handy beginner’s guide for a low-carb diet:-
    https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb

@excelsior12309 – I never eat breakfast either. But I do eat ‘breakfast food’, usually around noon.

@michelinme – forgot to mention – @daffodil2010 disappeared mid-December for about 3 months, then posted a few times in March & April. She mentioned some big electrical fault at work had forced her to work from home, & she wasn’t enjoying it. I think she still reads posts though, & hopefully she’ll be back soon.

Have a good weekend everyone ๐ŸŒค ๐ŸŒˆ

Day 14 UK CD

Iโ€™m still experimenting @funshipfreddie I aim for <50g Mon – Thurs and relax a bit at the weekend , but as @flourbaby says the mixing might not be ideal but the scales are moving ( very slowly ) in the right direction so Iโ€™ll keep with it for now – I just use MFP but only recently discovered you can change the limits and macros

We may be a small group this month but the vibe seems good and Iโ€™m sure weโ€™ll all have some success ๐Ÿ’ชHave a good Saturday everyone

Day 14 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 234 lbs.

Day 15, NFD, Aus

I missed yesterday again but I clocked up over 20 000 steps so I was definitely keeping busy. AND I had a glass of wine after dinner, That. I. Did. Not. Finish. !!! So unlike me! Iโ€™m starting to not only listen to my body, but to do what it says. Progress.

Pretty quiet on the forum; I guess everyone is enjoying their weekend.

Day 14 – USA/TN

Hello, all! After a longer than planned visit, I am back from my visit to my daughter and grandchildren. All is well, and looking forward to at least one more trip before the winter. I have been researching the carnivore diet and find it to be very interesting for lots of reasons. Dr. Ken Berry has some great videos about it. Ive been either OMAD or eating 2 times a day only, but I always wind up having a few light beers at the end of a long day, which relaxes me. Need to find another habit to replace that! I’m sure I lost weight since I last posted, but will double check at the beginning of the work week.

Day 15 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – FD

@penz – Wow, +20,000 steps! ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿฅ‡๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ

@metatauta – good to see you back. Dr Ken Berry has written a few books too, including, ‘Lies My Doctor Told Me’ & ‘Kicking Ass after 50’ ๐Ÿ˜…

Can’t believe we’re half-way through September already?! Much-needed FD today after last night’s peanut binge. Will I ever learn? ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ

Happy S๐ŸŒžnday!

Pocket List – Day 15 ๐Ÿณ
    @funshipfreddie

Day 15 UK NFD
    Day 14 NFD

Full on Saturday with early start out for community breakfast then trek across London for friends’ 25th wedding anniversary party. I enjoyed home-made oat bread at breakfast time then a scrumptious dark chocolate brownie and 3 glasses of champagne at the party! But the 2hour trek meant it was a long journey and short party – enough time to chat, eat, drink, listen to speeches but not dance.

Today is all about rest. I’ve found somewhere local to fix my laptop – the fan has been buzzing almost non-stop despite cleaning – and hoping to fit that in between zoom calls tomorrow. Fingers crossed because I’m very laptop dependent, especially at this time of year with meetings/conferences etc.

I weighed and measured yesterday…. the scales are down a little but I finally realised they’re unreliable – mechanical scales whose readings vary depending on which bit of the floor they’re on! So using them as a general indicator and measuring… Since I started on Day 2 I’ve lost 1″/2.5cm from my bust and .7″/1.8cm from my hips, but my carbatastic stomach is down by a whopping 2″/5cm! Still a long way to go to get to where I was last Sept but it’s heading in the right direction. Start where you are, use what you have, do what you can.

After a LONG sleep and a lazy morning I’m off to break my fast with some light emmental cheese and an apple… avoiding the starchy carbs today to make tomorrow’s FD easier.

@funshipfreddie thanks for the update on @daffodil2010. Hope to see her back soon

@metatauta welcome back

Wishng you all a sabbath rest

Day 15 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 234 lbs. I did a ZBC and will make tomorrow a FD. Crazy next two weeks, but anyway ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 16, FD, Aus

I am so not in the mood for a FD. Despite the beautiful weather we’ve had lately, it got down to minus 6 at 6am. (Celcius.) And I always feel cold on a FD. So I think I will give myself permission to have some soup for lunch.

I’m yet to head outside for a walk with the dogs (they are snoozing in a patch of sunshine) but my Fitbit is buzzing me to move. So I better!

Day 16 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD 70.2 kg

Another good fast day over with, & +12,000 steps clocked up. That’s the 4th time in a row I’ve weighed 70.2 after a FD. So I’m either doing something right or my scales are broken ๐Ÿค”

@penz – I’m NEVER in the mood for a FD. But it’s got to be done. What’s that phrase? ‘Feel the fear & do it anyway’. Although ‘fear’ probably isn’t the right word. ‘Feel the hunger & do it anyway? Sometimes I just add hot water to a teaspoon of chicken stock powder for an instant cup of soup. The salt & flavour is more satisfying than tea or coffee, & it’s only about 6 cals. I deactivated the Fitbit notifications; that buzzing got old very quickly ๐Ÿ˜…

Succeed in September Part 2 ๐ŸŽฏ๐Ÿ’ช

Pocket List – Day 16 ๐Ÿฅ•
    @penz
    @merry๐ŸŽ
    @michelinme
    @missybear
    @northgeorgia
    @snowflake56

Day 16 UK f800

Not the best weekend in terms of sensible decisions but still 1/2 the month left to rectify. Not all bad did manage to get some good walks in and zbc still going strong Suns out Iโ€™ve got a lot on today so letโ€™s do this ๐Ÿ’ช

Succeed in September Part 2 ๐ŸŽฏ๐Ÿ’ช

Pocket List โ€“ Day 16 ๐Ÿฅ•
    @penz
    @merry๐ŸŽ
    @michelinme
    @missybear
    @northgeorgia
    @snowflake56
    @brightonbelle

Day 16 Wales ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓ ณ๓ ฟ FD

Iโ€™m not in the mood for a FD either, hoping stubbornness will see me through. Omelette and greens for brunch and chicken with green leaf salad for dinnerโ€ฆ..non negotiable!

@funshipfreddie thank you for the low carb info, a good and timely reminder of what I knowโ€ฆโ€ฆI eat too much fruit and need to do some swaps for vegetables.

Good pocket list today, together we can get through it ๐Ÿค—

@penz
    @merry๐ŸŽ
    @michelinme
    @missybear
    @northgeorgia
    @snowflake56
    @brightonbelle

Day 16 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 236 lbs. I’ve had lingering congestion and some breathing issues since my illness about a month and a half ago. Since it was a virus, I was waiting for things to clear up, but things have been slow. I have a busy week and a half ahead, but if things don’t start improving significantly during that time, I’ll make an appointment. I heard a lot of people who’ve fallen ill in recent weeks have this lingering crud for weeks on end.

@penz
    @merry๐ŸŽ
    @michelinme
    @missybear
    @northgeorgia
    @snowflake56
    @brightonbelle

Day 16 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD – 162.8

All I did for the last 4ยฝ days was cook, eat, drink, clean, and repeat. I was sure every day that I’d be up five pounds. I’m purely gobsmacked that the efforts I was making to behave on some level were apparently successful, putting me up only two pounds over last Wednesday’s post-WFD weight. Plus, having three littles in the house meant I was–we all were–on the move rather constantly. I maintained my usual ZBC choice, ate lunch and a lovely dinner every day, but did very little snacking, so I’m sure that detail was helpful. Oh, and DD, DS27 and I made macarons on Friday; she’s become quite skilled at them, and DS27 and I were learning from her; they were a lovely, lovely treat, but I didn’t go nuts nibbling on them. So we’ll see what my two WFs this week do to the weight.

The visitation on Wednesday evening and the service on Thursday morning were lovely, with all sorts of friends and relatives present, and I got to hold baby Mae throughout the Thursday church service–my favorite memory, LOL. We had every member of the family there, from MIL’s four kids, the four spouses, their kids and their grandkids, and that added up to exactly 50 people. So before everyone headed home after the luncheon, we got a family photo; what a treasure!

We got home around 3pm on Thursday, and then the real fun began with all 9 of us: DS32, DD31, DS27, DSIL32, DGD4.95, DGD2.5, and baby Mae. My heart is filled to have had everyone here all day Thursday and Friday, and then again for church on Sunday (the boys went home to their own beds on Friday night because they had work on Saturday). And then they were all gone by 12:45 on Sunday, and I was only a tiny bit heartbroken, because I was ready for our usual quiet, LOL! Sadly, it was interrupted by a two hour meeting DH and I both had to attend, but we’re good friends with all of the people who also were at the meeting, so it was a pleasant time, and then we got to come home and be ALONE. ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ‘โญ

Today’s goal is to return the house to the perfectly tidy condition it was in before everyone showed up.

I’ve read all the posts, and was glad to read of the progress so many of you are making; I’ll be back to my usual responsive chatter tomorrow.

Have a grand one, everyone!

Day 16 UK FD

Today is feeling positive and slightly energised despite the full-on weekend. Maybe bc the sun is shining and it feels warm out? lovely change after a week of heavy rain and dark skies.

I had an early start straight into webinar for a course I’m doing but thanks to Past Me everything was lined up and ready to rock ๐Ÿ™‚ Today’s installment was a masterclass in spoken comms skills for senior leadership. It was supposed to be a seminar but only half the contingent could make it, which made it more fun tho hard to hide!

My laptop emitted a loud buzz throughout – thankfully only audible to me – but it’s now fixed! I’m so happy with the local computer repair place who fitted a new fan and thermal paste within 15 mins. And it turned out to be run by someone I knew as he used to drive me in his minicab! I’ll now be trekking down with my old laptops for repair, most of which can hopefully then be used by local charities.

I celebrated laptop repair with a quick shop for lunch: cottage cheese + crudites – red pepper, carrot, cucumber. I do like my picky bits of mix and match textures/flavours, and having an active lunch – choosing, dunking – makes me eat more slowly and feel satisfied. My FD are usually OMAD supper but I’m trying to shift my eating to earlier in the day, and have a board meeting 6-7.30. I’ve got another zoom at 3pm then hopefully time to start a small batch dahl – butternut squash and sweet potato, with spinach, peas and split red lentils – and catch up with emails while it cooks.

I remember from last time round finding it so helpful to name my food here – it encourages me to plan ahead and gives me a sense of accountability.And meanwhile enjoying watching the sparrows eat at the feeder just outside my study window.

Sending strength to today’s fasters!

@penz
    @merry๐ŸŽ
    @michelinme
    @missybear
    @northgeorgia
    @snowflake56
    @brightonbelle

USA. Day 16. FD

Having trouble sticking to it, so I am joining today’s pocket list.

@penz
    @merry๐ŸŽ
    @michelinme
    @missybear
    @northgeorgia
    @snowflake56
    @brightonbelle
    @ccco

Hope everyone is having a great day!๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Quick check inโ€ฆ I donโ€™t have roaming connectivity here which is actually good as am switched off mostly ๐Ÿ˜Š but having THE best time and hoping everyone is well ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธโ™ฅ๏ธ

Day 17, OMAD, Aus

Well yesterdayโ€™s FD morphed into a CD instead. So today Iโ€™ll do OMAD to help make up for it.

Donโ€™t you just love Past Mes, @michelinme!

So nice to have all the family around @stitchincarol. But sad that itโ€™s a funeral to bring everyone together.

Lovely to hear from you @jaifaim and great youโ€™re having such a wonderful time.

Day 17 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

Quick check-in for accountability.

Have a great day everyone.

Day 17 Wales ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓ ณ๓ ฟ NFD

Got through yesterdayโ€™s FD as planned, now for a couple of careful days before my next FD on Thursday.

Have a good day everyone ๐Ÿค—

FD yesterday and again tomorrow. I think I am getting weird because I am actually looking forward to FD days. Dropped some more weight last week. But wedding in Rome at the weekend so I definitely will not be resisting the good food and drink. Ha ha

Day 17, London, UK, NFD,

Forgot to press submit yesterday, anyway it was a low carb friendly NFD, I’m planning to complete a 500 cal FD tomorrow, gently working my way up to it with a couple of LC NFDs should make it a doddle!๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ

Lovely to hear from you @jaifaim, I bet you & your friends picked up right where you left off, distance doesn’t have to diminish friendships! ๐Ÿ‘ญ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿคโ€๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป

I’m still working on settling Bo-Bo into his new home, he’s a bit of a scaredy cat and didn’t want to set foot in the garden yesterday, I think he hates the leash! I’ll try again tonight as repeatedly changing the litter box is annoying me!๐Ÿ˜ก

Happy fasting folks, I’ll join the pocketeers tomorrow!๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ

โ€œEmbrace the seasons and cycles of your life. There is magic in change.โ€ โ€” Bronnie Ware

Day 17 UK f800

I canโ€™t see the spreadsheet so apologies for not putting anyone on the pocket list โ˜น๏ธ

๐Ÿ—ฝGreat to hear from you @jaifaim Enjoy !!

Oh dear some of these illnesses do hang around a long time now @northgeorgia I was chatting to someone whoโ€™s just had the 100 day cough – get well soon

It is lovely to have visitors @stitchincarol especially close family but itโ€™s lovely to have the house back to yourself

You are right planning is ๐Ÿ—๏ธ @michelinme I love hearing about others meals , always looking for inspiration

That wedding sounds fab @davinac

Pocket list day 17 ๐Ÿชก

@penz
    @davinac
    @brightonbelle

Have a good day all

Day 17-No. VA USA-FD
    Checking in for accountability. I am still here. I am also not very compliant with nicely controlled eating: some candy at work called my name yesterday. Avoidance is the best thing for me, I cannot eat just one tiny “fun size” chocolate.
    Will write more soon.
    Pocket list day 17:
    @penz
    @davinac
    @brightonbelle
    @excelsior12309

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 159 total)

You must be logged in to reply.