My Journey with Intermittent Fasting

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  katesmom 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

• Hi everyone💓
    My name is Kate, I’m 37, and this is my story about how I changed my relationship with food and my body through intermittent fasting. For 8 years, I struggled with an eating disorder — my life was dominated by strict diets, restrictions, and constant guilt over every bite I took. When that battle finally started to subside, I began overeating and gained an extra 10-13 kilograms. I still felt trapped — this time by overeating….
    It was tough because it felt like I had completely lost control over my body. Every attempt to go back to dieting would either turn into rigid restrictions or end in a binge. So, when I first heard about intermittent fasting, I decided to give it a try. Not because it was another diet, but because it sounded like a system that could help me build a healthier relationship with food.

At first, things didn’t go as smoothly as I’d hoped. I set unrealistic limits — either fasting for too long or overeating when I finally allowed myself to eat. But day by day, I started listening to my body better. I began using the “Wait intermittent fasting 16 8” app to not only track my fasting hours but also log my meals. This was an important step because I no longer had to keep everything in my head or on paper, where it was easy to miss something crucial. I also started tracking my water intake in the app.
    Over time, I began to feel much better. My energy started to return, and most importantly, I stopped viewing food as an enemy or something to be controlled. I’m learning to listen to myself, to give my body what it needs, and not to punish myself for small deviations from the plan. After several months of practicing intermittent fasting, I’ve not only lost some weight but also started to feel much more confident and free.

And I truly believe that anyone can give intermittent fasting a try if they’re looking for a way to build a more harmonious relationship with food and their body. It’s not a magic solution, but it can be a great start for those who, like me, want to learn to listen to their body and find balance.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply.