Jolly June ☀️ 2024 Challenge

This topic contains 274 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  ccco 5 hours, 8 minutes ago.

Viewing 24 posts - 251 through 274 (of 274 total)

• Day 28-No. VA-FD800
    At the end of this month, I am about a pound less than at the beginning. There have been a few dietary “blips” possibly involving eating a substantial chocolate chip cookie, etc. But overall, avoiding sweets, breads, and alcohol has been helpful in maintaining slow downward trend over past few months.
    The weather has been so hot and humid, but some outside work has to be done, and maybe that helps with calories burned. It sure feels like it!
    My husband has put several very small puffer fish in the koi pond; they are frequently found floating upside down, which is apparently what happens when they get bothered. They puff up and then have trouble staying “upright”. They look dead to me, but I am forbidden from fishing them out of the pond. Eventually they deflate and swim away.
    Looking forward to our July challenge and reading about everyone’s adventures and advice!

Day 28 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 233 lbs. Not sure what the weekend will bring, I have a workday on Saturday for a few hours, and a distantly related family member passed away this week, so her visitation is this afternoon. Mom is not doing well, so going to check on her before work.

But weight-wise, so far, I’m making a decent U-turn with my OMAD approach to NFDs this week, which is making me be more careful about choices for my meal.

Day 28- at convention – NFD

I pulled off OMAD yesterday and feeling some considerable pride at that. I was awake at 6 this morning, a full hour sooner than I needed to be, so I’m finding time to read posts. But I don’t have the phone skills you all possess, so I’m stopping at this short post.

Have a grand one, everyone!

Day 28….Florida…..CD hopefully FD

Woke up to a surprise this morning, a loss of 2.4lbs. I think I’ll take it. Not to sure what, we’re gonna do today, I’ve neglected my house and laundry all week. I should really get on it, in the next day or two. Thank goodness, we pick up after ourselves, so it’s just a matter of the basics.
    Anywho, just like everything else, I gonna take it hour by hour.

I hope everyone is doing fantastic!

2nd Post – Day 28

Pocket List – Day 28 🍇
    @snowflake56
    @excelsior12309 FD800
    @bert1802 CD or FD

Day 28 UK NFD

Late check in , so yesterday 5 hrs travel there 2 hours visit with FIL and 5 hrs back , a long day and a bit disorientating but hey we have a day to recover

Hopefully back to normal tomorrow, weight wise not been my best month but certainly not my worst , let’s see how the weekend goes

Day 29, Germany, CD

Yesterday’s FD went well, next one will be on Monday. My DH is at work and I’m planning to clean a few windows today.

@brightonbelle That’s a long drive to see your FIL, I hope your FIL is well, it must be hard for him without having your MIL around. Enjoy your weekend!

@flourbaby One step further, that’s a step closer to moving to your new home.

@excelsior12309 A pound is a a pound! It was hot and humid here also over the last week but it’s getting cooler today.

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 29 – NFD – South Africa
    Hi everyone
    I won’t be participating much in July.
    I’m definitely not getting on a scale for a while. I’ve not done much fasting. Mostly because I fell off the wagon. I’ve forgotten to fast on my days.
    I most certainly gained weight I can feel it.

Please leave my name on the tracker. I will get back into my routine and will just do better planning. I will update the tracker again once I’ve gained momentum.
    Hope everyone is well. Wishing you well in reaching your goals

Day 29 NZ NFD

It’s my third day away on the farm. The house is set in the middle of a paddock surrounded by green green grass. The night sky is so clear I can see the Milky Way above and during the day visibility goes for miles. Today we took the ferry over to the local town. The beach in winter is a gorgeous place to be.

It’s great that everyone is tidying up their Jolly June month and I hope preparing for the Fly in July reset!!

Cheers!!

Day 29 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

The Beach Hotel is lovely. It was originally built in 1895. It burned down in 1915, but was rebuilt & eventually reopened in 1924. I’ve passed it hundreds of times & always wondered what it was like inside. We had lunch on a cosy verandah with a great view of the bay. Prices over the top, as the food & service weren’t the best; but I enjoyed my pulled pork quesadillas & Greek salad 😋

@bert1802 – nearly 2.5 down?! 🥳️ 👏

@brightonbelle – wow? 10 hours in the car? That is a long day. Do you share the driving? Having the attention span of a mosquito, I’m always happy to let someone else do it if they want to 😴

@leoniraats – sorry to hear you’re struggling a bit, but good to know you haven’t thrown in the towel! To quote Frank Sinatra ~ “Take a deep breath, pick yourself up, dust yourself off & start all over again.” 🤗

It’s going to be an unseasonable 26 C today, so I’m off out for some sunshine. Have a great weekend everyone 🌤 🌈

Day 29 UK NFD

Lovely weather here today so aiming for a controlled weekend and start planning for July

Nooo @funshipfreddie we didn’t drive – we went by train Brighton – London – York – East Leeds so able to get up walk about but the older I get the more I feel fatigued by travel but I can’t even imagine doing that long in a car , its probably just a short trip for some of our USA / antipodean friends

Day 29 Ireland – CD 🚫 ✅ 🚶🏽‍♀️ 🌾.

153lbs

Hi all, a quick post as I am having a busy day here…

Two days, a weekend, 48 hours… whatever way you look at this we are close to the month end and the first half of 2024 closing out…
    I am happy (tá sasta orm) with my progress weight wise and I would like to apply myself to better self care in the second half of the year. More mobility work, I’m creaking a little, more time out with mindfulness or something that helps me wind down when I’m feeling pressure.

@leoniraats I’m sorry to hear you are feeling pressure and need to step away but you must do what is right for you. Please look after yourself and let us know how you are getting in whenever you feel like it.
    Well done on the loss @bert1802 ⭐️⭐️ and @excelsior12309 ⭐️ you too! cutting those treats out will surely help. The fish situation is very interesting! Have they deflated and swum?
    @brightonbelle a long day for you to see your FiL but hopefully he enjoyed the time with you. 💕💕 it’s always with it but does take its toll… hope you relax today.

@flourbaby Ah That’s great news – bet your brother is disappointed is he? 😂

@funshipfreddie enjoy the sun today and I’m off to look up the Beach Hotel – it sounds like a fabulous spot. 💯

@merryapple your farm escape sounds just perfect! ♥️ 🐮♥️ enjoy that clear sky and fresh air! It’s a dull drizzly day here….
    Where is summer??? ☀️☀️

Onward and downward ⬇️

We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 29 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 231 lbs. Well, lookie there … I lost two pounds after a NFD! Didn’t do OMAD either… nor did I eliminate all junk food, but I did severely limit it, replacing a lot of it with water, fresh fruit and vegetables, and good fats and protein.

We’ll see how it goes in July 🙂

Day 29…Florida…..FD

I was about 100 calories over the 500 for a FD but I’m still going to count it as it’s under the 800. I did stay with in my fast window. Didn’t do much today, just trying to get as much relaxing as I can before I have go back to work. I was able to get all my household tasks done before 9 am this morning, so happy about that.

@ merryapple your farm vacation sounds wonderful! I enjoy a nice walk on the beach no matter the weather

@birghtonbelle…. I know it was a long day for you… but I’m sure FIL was just delighted to have you visit.

Well, I’m off…. I’m going to sit out back as the rain just stop and finally a cool breeze came in…. I don’t know how long it was last but I don’t want to miss the opportunity.

Day 30, Germany, NFD 63.4 kg

@jaifaim Thank you so much for hosting this month, you did very well and kept me on track. I could have done better but lost 2.5 kg, so not too bad.

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 30 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

I’m expecting to end the month pretty much as I started it after today’s FD. Room for improvement though. I’ve discovered I can eat plenty of junk & still maintain. Which isn’t what this WOL is about. I have to remind myself I’m following 5:2 for the health benefits too. No point being slim & sickly 😳

@merryapple – I remember looking up at the night sky outside my parents’ house in Northland, NZ & being amazed at the sheer number of stars I could see. I’ve never seen a night sky like that anywhere else 🔭

@brightonbelle – oh, you were travelling by train?! I could handle that for 5 hours. So much better than being stuck in a car. I wish public transport was better here, but it’s a disaster in most areas. I’m not sure I’ve ever even been on a train in SA.

@snowflake56 – Well done on your 2.5 kg down! 🎯

@northgeorgia – well done on the 2 lb loss after a NFD! 💪 Not sure if you’re still having a FD today, so leaving you off the list 🤔

@jaifaim – thanks so much for hosting Jolly June 💐 Hoping to ‘see’ everyone during the July Challenge; maybe some newbies too…

“The one who falls and gets up is stronger than the one who never tried. Do not fear failure but rather fear not trying.” ~ Roy T. Bennett

Pocket List – Day 30 🥕
    @funshipfreddie

Day 30-No. VA USA-FD 800
    @jaifaim, thank you for hosting Jolly June, and thanks to @merryapple for hosting Fly July!
    We had to host a 17th birthday party for one of the grand daughters yesterday. Our swimming pool was up and running and gloriously sparkly and there was a large ice cream cake, so everyone had a good time. I didn’t over indulge but did have a margarita style drink with lots of ice and seltzer; it was very refreshing ! Back on the wagon today!
    No recent disasters in the koi pond, so that is good. We have some beautiful water lilies blooming there now, yellow, white, and orange. The tiny blowfish are not visible unless they puff up and float around upside down. So far, the koi have not eaten them!
    It is soooo humid outside it is unbelievable. The temperature is about 80 degrees F, but the humidity must be 80%. Ugh. We could use some rain.

Let us go into July with fortitude! The locals are already testing their fireworks at night for the 4th. Or firing guns. It is Virginia, after all. 😉

2nd Post – Day 30

Pocket List – Day 30 🥕
    @funshipfreddie
    @excelsior12309 FD800

Day 30 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 233 lbs. Yeah, staying off the list today. Mom invited me to her church cookout, so I’ll plan to start off July with a FD, probably FD Mon and Tues, because of the 4th celebrations next weekend.

I started off June at 233, and I’m ending June at 233. Considering the major events and vacation, I’m good with that, but ready to start losing again 🙂

Approaching most of my NFDs as 90% healthy foods with a 10% junk “permission” seemed to work this week. During mealtimes (not snacking time; no such time!), I allowed myself a couple of crackers or potato chips, a small cup of soft drink, a piece of chocolate, or a few pizza rolls … BUT, I load up on vegetables and fruit, water, cheese, nuts, protein…let them do their job and take effect. Not much room for the other stuff after that, nor do I crave a lot of it. It’s not a perfect system, but it is a good reset.

Day 30 – USA/TN FD

Got food poisoning (again) last night and resulted in an unrealistic 3+ drop in weight. Looks good on paper, but not sure it’s my real weight, as I was 143.4 yesterday and 140.3 today! Not eating today at all and looking for the culprit in my fridge, which could be duck eggs or kefir that went bad. However, the inches came off too this month, so the results are not all that unrealistic. @jaifaim, thank you for hosting, and @merryapple, please put me on the spreadsheet for July.

Hi all, just a super quick check in as I have a particular busy family day today… I’ll be back in later today when I have a little more time. Will tot up totals also later tonight or first thing tomorrow.
    Thanks for the super company and support this month everyone! Looking forward to a new month and new start too! 💕💕

Day 32!! FD Farm, Hahei, NZ

We’re packing up today to head back to Auckland
    Apologies for the sheet. I can never quite get the access right. Is it OK now?? I can’t tell because I started it and automatically have access. Can someone tell me which box to tick if it’s not working🤔

Well done on a great month everyone and especially to @jaifaim!!!
    See y’all in Fly in July🧨

Day 30…..Florida……NFD

Closing out night, last day of vacation and the month. For the most part, I think the last couple weeks went pretty well. I’m looking forward to July and all that it has in store.

Thank you @jaifaim for hosting

USA. Day 30

Amazingly, I am back! I have had my craniotomy and thank God, I am still here! :). I can’t use my weight loss this month as evidence of fasting, so I am just going to be visiting for awhile and will definitely be back for the month of July!

Hope you all had a wonderful month! 👍

Viewing 24 posts - 251 through 274 (of 274 total)

You must be logged in to reply.