Jolly June ☀️ 2024 Challenge

This topic contains 226 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  Merryapple 1 hour, 40 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 226 total)

• Day 17 NZ FD 72.6kg 🏃‍♀️

It rained and it poured then cleared up in time for a morning walk up Mt Eden!
    @bert1802 That’s so sweet, Sherbert!! Your husband sounds lovely!!!
    @brightonbelle Glad to hear you had a fabulous holiday!!
    @funshipfreddie To add to your apple list, I make Kedgeree with the usual base (cooked rice, sultanas, curry powders etc) with smoked fish, semi cooked boiled egg, almonds, celery, yoghurt and… a grated GrannySmith apple!! YUM!
    @jaifaim That brunch is outrageous!!!😃🤪Go you!!! I’m looking forward to maintenance on this basis!!! The cake was given to me but I passed on to another friend on our walk. I’ll get an edible slice tomorrow!!
    I’m going to see if I can watch Sin on Netflix later. I next worked at St Thomas’ ITU, London but we really didn’t see AIDS patients there. The UK was a little behind the USA because of a time lag and they were mostly treated at St Mary’s, Paddington.
    I hope the Week Day Warriors will be back soon… @leoniraats do keep in touch!! It doesn’t matter if your weight is up or down or static but staying with us does!!

Steely RESOLVE especially for the Pocket Listers!

Pocket List
    @merry🍎
    @leoniraats

Day 17, Germany, FD
    Day 16 NFD
    Day 15 NFD

No news from the hospital yet. I decided, as @jaifaim said, no news is good news.

@bert1802 Welcome back, what a rough time you had.

@merryapple Rotator cuff injuries can take forever to heal. Did you get your whole function back again? My DH fractured his left humerus head 9 weeks ago (he doesn’t leave anything out the last year) and still has to have therapy 3 times a week for 2,5 hours. He can’t bend his shoulder/arm backwards very well but the improvement he makes are impressive.

@missybear It’s hard to step back from buying a house when you think it’s the one for you.

@funshipfreddie We’re all line-dancing for the fun of it, our ambitions are quite low. In February we have to perform in front of 2000 people, by that time we all think it will go smoothly and if it doesn’t, who cares.

Pocket List
    @merry
    @leoniraats
    @snowflake56

Have a nice day everyone

Day 17 – Ireland – FD 🚫 ✅ 🚶🏽‍♀️ 🌾.
    155.5 lbs

incredibly, the second half of Jolly June begins. It was a sad start to June and the news regarding Michael Mosley affected us all but I suppose our aim is to be jolly well happy at the end of the month so let’s keep that focus. I see that MMS last interview recorded is on the BBC Sounds app. Planked first thing and an hour walk later. Are you with me?

Welcome home @brightonbelle! So glad you had a wonderful time! Lots to catch up on but we are all keeping the faith and the mojo seems to be sticking around for most of us.
    I had a lovely day yesterday – on the bike in the morning and working in the garden in the afternoon. We tried a new route yeaterday which was quite hilly and coastal and the weather was so much better than forecast. Sun all day ☀️ with a fresh breeze. 125 kms in all and a lovely apple cake and latte at the first coffee stop and a sausage sandwich at the second. Healthy dinner last night and the less than stellar food choice was some sweet and salty popcorn while watching a film. Cycling days start off with breakfast – they have to.. a good bowl of porridge, banana and peanut butter. You hope the calories expended will offset the calories ingested but … I’m not so sure it works that way 😂😂

@bert1802 I agree your DH sounds adorable (sherbert – love it) and he is a wise man! Only you can know when you get to the best place for you in body and mind. Both equally important 💕

@funshipfreddie don’t read about my delicious apple cake above 😂😂 it wasn’t huge but was GF and so delicious 😋. Enjoy your day today although every day is a day off for you! Lucky thing! 🦆

I laughed when I read the article 😂 I have a complicated Irish name and we have a few Siobhan’s in our extended family and some other complex names.. including mine which is not as common and a conundrum for many particularly in France when I lived there…
    For a good laugh and to hear some others Lee Mack’s (UK comedian) short video. 😂😂
    https://youtu.be/PA5scaGG2iY?si=mY0Qa76ga8w1oDRX

@merryapple I’m laughing, my brunch on Saturday was just the eggs dish and two lattes.. the list was all that I ate on Saturday… I thought it was good for a weekend NFD 😂 I hope you enjoyed your walk up Mt Eden and well done on giving the cake away… I would have had to do the same. 😇

Yesterday was more carby as was on the bike. The CH4 drama is called “It’s a Sin” if you are looking for it. I thought it was fantastic but I think it would be interesting to hear your thoughts on it if you ever do get to see it as you lived through that period in London.

Have a really lovely Monday everyone! And:

Tóg go bog é! ☘️
    Tow go bug ae!🎤
    Take it easy! 👍

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Pocket List – Day 17 🦆

@merryapple
    @leoniraats
    @metatauta
    @snowflake56
    @jaifaim

Second post. O
    🙏🙏 @snowflake56 I do hope that is the case.
    And.. performing in front of 2000 people? Wow!! What’s goal! But as you say the main thing is it’s for the fun of it 😄

Day 17, London UK, NFD,

This weekend has been non-stop!!! I didn’t get anywhere near completing my project last week as numerous elements were revised on Friday morning, I HATE doing things twice!!

Anyway, the weather was better over the weekend so my bad mood has lifted and I’m enjoying the blue sky this morning. It makes all the difference!!

@merryapple, the black satin & turquoise tasselled cowboy gear sounds lovely, any leather chaps to go with it?😲 Also, are your kiwi’s different (fresher?) than ours?? I honestly can’t imagine eating the furry, prickly skin!! I imagine I would be picking bits out of my teeth all day!!! 😁 A ha, I see you’ve mentioned smooth skin, I’m pretty sure ours are still prickly!!🤔 Perhaps it’s just smooth kiwis for actual Kiwis!!🤣🤣

Welcome back @bert1802, I remember you well as someone who grabbed the 5:2 bull by the horns!!! Sorry you’ve been suffering for a couple of years, life is so full of ups & downs isn’t it? It’s definitely time to put yourself first!!🙏🏼💪🏼🙏🏼

Oh @missybear, it’s such a difficult decision to make!! There were a few issues with ‘my’ house, but not so bad that I needed to pull out or re-negotiate (although I could have!) after waiting for 3 years to find it, I just want it done & dusted…………….. NOW!!!

I’m trying my best to swerve all food chatter!! Apples, kedgeree, eggs Benedict, cake!!!🤤🤤🤤

Good luck to today’s fasters, you’ve got this!!!

“Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.” — Winston Churchill

Day 17 UK f800

☀️bit of Sun this morning so hopefully it’s salad weather , aiming to get back to “good “ habits this week – did a fair bit of walking whilst away but I feel my body needs a good stretch so Pilates and Yoga scheduled for later 🧘‍♀️

Pocket List – Day 17 🦆

@merryapple
    @leoniraats
    @metatauta
    @snowflake56
    @jaifaim
    @brightonbelle

Day 17 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD 70.2 kg

I was a weekend warrior! Well, a Sunday warrior anyway. A good FD + 10,500 steps 💪

@snowflake56 – 2000 people?! 😳 We ‘performed’ in front of maybe 15 or 20 last December, & a few of them were asleep 😅

@jaifaim – funny video! 🤣 Too late, I read about your delicious apple cake. But it’s my turn today. I’ll spare a thought for the Monday fasters as I tuck into my poached eggs, avo & toast later 😋

@merryapple – I don’t think I’ve ever had kedgeree? Not sure if I’d like it, all those different flavours simultaneously competing for your tastebuds? 🤔

Shocking Benefits of Walking ONLY 30 Minutes a Day
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeYTSjFkSas&list=WL&index=65&t=8s

Sending STEELY RESOLVE to the Monday fasters! 🎯

2nd post

Hurray, the surgeon called, no cancer found, no chemotherapy anymore!!! Thank you all so much for your support esp. @jaifaim who was right, no news is good news!

@funshipfreddie and @jaifaim It’s at an East-Frisian sportsevent. I joined the line-dance group last year so I didn’t dance there. The most people I danced for with the group were 250. On the first evening we did very well, on the second one we were too convinced of ourselves and half of the group turned in the wrong direction. But we had a lot of fun. On the video is only a very small sequence of the group dancing at 0:28, the lady in front is 90 y.0. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-djdqsmkXQ

2nd Post – Day 17

@snowflake56 – that’s wonderful news! I’m so happy for you & your DH 🥳️🎉
    Great video; 90 & still dancing! 👏💃🕺

Second Post

Hurrah!!! That is just the best news @snowflake56 💕💕 I am so glad for you both and you must be so very relieved! Just wonderful! ⭐️

Loved the video! What a great fun event 💃🏻 for all ages! Lots of talent in East- Frisian.

Day 17 – USA/TN

Fast day today….happy it happened!

Day 18, Germany, FD

Yesterday’s FD didn’t happen, we were in celebratory mood and we had left over mushrooms so we made chicken ragoût.

I have a busy day today. After ballroom class I have the “hard” sports hour, this afternoon computer lessons and after that we’re off to a kind of bowling and dinner which I’ll leave out today.

@jaifaim Yes, we’re so relieved and hope the cancer won’t come back again. Your comment did help me to come down a bit, I’m such a worrier. The first team on the video is the best team we have at the sportsclub, our team is not very good but because nobody expects we’re good, it takes the pressure off and we can just have fun together. We get along very well, laugh a lot and we’re mostly with the same group when we’re dancing somewhere. East-Frisians are quite relaxed and friendly people, everything is going at a slow pace overhere.

Pocket list day 18
    @at
    @flourbaby
    @snowflake56

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 18 – Ireland – CD – 🚫 ✅ 🚶🏽‍♀️ 🌾.

Hi all, things are quiet again here but hopefully everyone is “good” busy.. I did not get my hour walk in yesterday… so many reasons but they don’t matter. Today is a new day and I’ll manage that or an evening cycle today. I’m stuck with the plank at 2 minutes and finding it tough but figure I’m getting stronger somewhere… even if it is the “mind” with the adoption of the habit most days…

@snowflake56 I’d have been very surprised if you’d managed a FD yesterday! What a huge day for you both and so happy you celebrated. I’m glad my words helped… I use them on myself quite frequently too. But sometimes they don’t work.. you know the way… here’s to a wonderful cancer free future for your DH 💕
    I really like the sound of East-Frisia (sp?)! There’s no doubt our fast paced lives don’t help when it comes to health and welfare and I do love the buzz of the city but I know it’s not ideal.

@flourbaby so glad the mood lifted… I’m feeling that up/down mood these past few weeks with sinus etc so just keeping one foot in front of the other.. hopefully this week things ease a little for you.
    Bravissimo @metatauta 👏. Great start to the week for you!!!
    And @funshipfreddie 🏹🏹 I felt I was a weekend warrior too even though I didn’t fast… but the choices were much better than any weekend to date I’d say and interspersed with exercise and catch ups.

Great to have you back @brightonbelle – did you stretch? Your holiday sounded just perfect! Hopefully the vendors will linger for a good while! ☀️

Hi everyone else! Today I think of @maui and wonder how things are in Hawaii for our lovely friend.
    Ok… busy day, tests for consultants – routine. Work, a walk/cycle, and eating well.

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 18, London, UK, NFD

Congratulations @snowflake56 and for your DH, the best outcome possible!!! I’m sure it’s such a relief, as much as you try not to worry, you just can’t help it!! I’m sure I lack the coordination to join that line-up!!!

Thanks @jaifaim, I’m someone who needs defined roles, clear information, things to be as they should!! So when all hell breaks loose – amended info at work, no idea of what’s happening with the house and such weird weather, I think it’s all too much for me to deal with!!! I wish I was more of a free spirit, but just the thought of a free-spirited, fly by the seat of your pants, Bohemian lifestyle gives me heart palpitations!!!🤣🤣🤣 Lists, plans, schedules, forecasts……………. Aah, that’s so much better!!!

I’m knuckling down for the 2nd half of Jolly June as there are no more birthday’s, no more unavoidable functions, no more work events ………………………… and there are blue skies outside my window!!!!🥳🥳🥳🥳

Stay strong people!!! We’ve got this!!

“Somewhere there is a past you overflowing with so much pride looking at how far you’ve come.”

Omg… my phone autocorrect is driving me crazy.
    @brightonbelle “vendors” above… should have been “benefits” … like, how does it pluck vendors out of the lexicon in that sentence???
    Mon dieu, my god, mo dhia 🥴🙄🤣🤣

Day 18uk cd

I did indeed stretch @jaifaim and must have overdone it by about 9pm last night I had to go to bed absolutely shattered and aching and a terrible headache so plan b ease myself in a bit more gently 5- 2 this week and see how it goes

Absolutely delighted about your news @snowflake56 what a relief

Off to the dentist now – 1hr 20 min appointment for part 2 of my root canal /crown work 🤞

Day 18-No. VA USA-FD

Hello, fellow fasters. It is now more than 1/2 way through the month and I need to buckle down to get on the wagon and continue going downhill…
    Great news for you, @snowflake56! Wishes for continued good health for your husband!
    @brightonbelle, last night, my sleep was disturbed by an odd pain in my right upper arm. Can’t relate it to any particular physical activity. Had to take some ibuprofen and eventually it went away…I hope your “overstretched” self is feeling better today! Good luck at the dentist; hoping you have good anesthesia! That is always my wish when I need “work”.
    @jaifaim, autocorrect function is amazingly annoying!
    @flourbaby, I love your quote.
    Today, a man who is establishing a fitness business/gym is coming to look at our office building. I have no particular hope or expectation that he will buy it. Recently I have had to hire new front desk people and new medical assistants, so just my luck he may say he wants it, and then they would be out of a job. That would be hard on them….No sense muddling over things I cannot control! I CAN control my eating, though!

Pocket list day 18:
    @at
    @brightonbelle
    @snowflake56
    @excelsior12309

Day 18…..Florida……FD

Sorry about not posting yesterday. It was my scheduled day in the office for the week and there is always so much to do. I’m always worn out by the time I get home.
    I did t do to bad yesterday, at the office we eat lunch together, which me I didn’t break my fast until 12:30. The Coworkers ordered out and I stuck with I brought from home. First time in along time!
    Today, is my first official FD. I think it will go well just need to remember to drink my water. That’s a big one for me…..
    A friend called me last night as she told be she was doing the Dubrow diet anyone ever heard of it? She was telling me about it, it’s pretty much like any IF program but with super restrictive food adherents. I wished her luck but decided to decline her offer to join her. Just sounds too restrictive for me.

I must be off the day waits for no one, I’ll post later today!

Day 18 Indianapolis

@snowflake56 What WONDERFUL news, well deserving of a celebratory meal.

I brought along my laptop because that huge project had some related editing I was asked to do, and not only did I finish it yesterday evening after the girls were in bed, but I found some fairly large mistakes and corrected them, always a satisfying feeling. Now I get to be grandma without anything hanging over my head.

Okay, that was a thirty minute delay to burp Baby Mae (now 3 months).

Clearly, grandma duties are calling!

Day 19 NZ NFD 73kg😬

What did I expect!! I made a round loaf of sourdough and ate exactly one quarter when it came out of the oven 😄 I’m ‘studying’ or at least writing and researching my lecture for tonight ie sitting for hours in front of my laptop… it’s a no brainer that food gets the better of me in this situation… And I’m going out for dinner with the gang afterwards!!
    I’ll be back tomorrow definitely on a FD!!!
    Fabulous news @snowflake51

Onward and DOWNWARDS!!

Day 18 second post

Well I made it through my first FD…… now all I can think about is what I am going to eat tomorrow…….

@stitchincarol….Congrats on getting everything done and fix some opps…… when I have a lot to do on my computer, I always wait for everyone to be in a deep slumber. When I’ve got stare at a computer screen the peacefulness of the night movitates me. Plus an added bonus, the next day is always free to enjoy!

@merryapple…. I do enjoy a slice of fresh warm bread. When I make mine I always had to make a loaf for now and one for later……. Now, I make three because my oldest has a back yard farm and if I want eggs from his chicken I have to exchange it for a loaf….. Good exchange I think.

I hope you all have a fantastic day, evening or night!

Day 19, Germany, NFD

Line-dance day again. @funshipfreddie go for it and have fun!

@funshipfreddie, @jaifaim, @flourbaby, @brightonbelle, @excelsior12309, @stitchincarol and @merryapple thank you all so much, it’s such a joy to see my DH more relaxed and happy now. He deserves the best life he can have, he’s such a nice and kind man and always there if anyone needs help.

@brightonbelle I hope your dentist’s appointment went well.

@flourbaby You seem to have so much on your mind at the moment, do you have any spare time left to relax?

@jaifaim Wow, you’re at 2 min. planks already, I’m stuck at 6 min. after that my wrists are aching too much.

@stitchincarol Enjoy your time with the small ones, they grow up so fast.

@excelsior12309 Isn’t there anyone to take over your practice or is it usual to close it down when you retire?

@merryapple How did your lecture go? I love the smell of freshly baked bread but my belly doesn’t like it. But I can eat it the next day.

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 19, London, UK, FD

No news on the house front, work still super busy and as for time to relax, @snowflake56??? Not for another 3 weeks then I’m off to Ischia for some sun, sea, relaxation, reading, hiking & to enjoy the thermal springs………………….. I will return as a new woman!!! I just need to figure out how to swerve 90% of the pasta🍝!!

I’ve a tuna cauliflower rice combo for my OMAD FD, high protein, low carb and under 500cals, much more bang for your buck than my usual soup & salad. I don’t think FD800’s are restrictive enough to re-train my brain, so it’s back to 5:2 which worked like a dream way back when! Dr. M would be pleased!🙏🏼

@stitchincarol, no doubt you’re cherishing those grandma duties!!😊😊

@bert1802, I’m aiming for 2.5 – 3.5L of water a day, to drown the dragon and flush the fat!!!

As @funshipfreddie is late on parade ……………….. Happy Hump Day & Keep the faith folks.

Pocket List Day 19🐫
    @flourbaby

Day 19 UK NFD

Ooh Ischia @flourbaby went to Procida a few years ago absolutely loved it

Dentist visit didn’t go as planned,on the positive side no pain but unfortunately there was a device malfunction so had to have a temporary fix and revisit……..

Not like @funshipfreddie to be late ?

I’ve reported the strange craft art add

Happy 🐫day all See you on tomorrows list

Day 19 – Ireland – FD – 🚫 ✅ 🚶🏽‍♀️ 🌾.

Spam reported.
    Hello everyone, I was up early for a short cycle this morning and a plank. I thought I had started my timer… but I hadn’t – I’m sure it was beyond 2 minutes as I decided to plank to a favourite song – got quite a way through it… flip! 🥴🙄 @snowflake56 as I was doing it I was thinking of you and 6 mins… still in awe!! So so happy for your lovely man. And you of course! 💕

@flourbaby 🙏 for you on the house. I must look up Ischia. It sounds divine and just what you need. I’m with you today for a fabulous FD ⭐️😄

@funshipfreddie hope all’s well. 🐪 . I hope you are somewhere having fun and all is well in SA.

Sorry to hear that you have to go back to the dentist @brightonbelle… rarely a pleasure… but great that there was no pain yesterday…
    I just saw you reported the post… thanks so much.

@excelsior12309 I hope the viewing went well and although the timing would not be ideal I hope that he is interested. Hoping that you had a better night’s sleep…
    @stitchincarol you are a multitasking grandma! 💕💕💕 precious times!

@merryapple oooooh… sourdough – my absolute favourite bread 😋 but I don’t eat it anymore… I really miss it! Will be interested to hear all about your lecture. Hope it went really well ⭐️

@bert1802 fantastic FD for you! And a great bartering system!!
    Busy day here …

Onward and downward ⬇️

Pocket List – Day 19 🐪 🐪 🐪

@flourbaby
    @jaifaim
    @merryapple

Day 19….florida……NFD

Not sure what happen but I had energy through the roof last night and it looks like I am progressing through tonight with the same energy.
    I wanted for so long to have energy but I’m working on less than four hours of sleep and I know that is not good.

Well, I’m going to working on trying to sleep!

Day 20 NZ FD 72.7kg

Oh no I just lost my post😫
    I forgot to write something for @stitchincarol and went into edit mode…
    Maybe you have it…

Day 20, Germany, NFD

@funshipfreddie Are you okay?

@merryapple It happened to me a few days ago, it’s so annoying.

@flourbaby I looked up Ischia, it’s beautiful. I’m sure you’ll have a lovely time there. I hope the next three weeks will fly by.

@brightonbelle I hope the next appointment will go smoothly and perhaps there will be no pain at all, you never know.

I have to get out of bed (after a lovely breakfast in bed), we’re off for a few days to celebrate all the good news and my 68th birthday.

Have a nice day everyone and see you all on Monday!

Day 20 – Ireland – NFD – 🚫 ✅ 🚶🏽‍♀️ 🌾.
    152.8 lbs

Hi all, I’m early on and a quick post as I am travelling to or London office for work today and tomorrow.
    I’ve had one of the best weekends/weeks NFD/CD wise this week although the FDs have come in more as FD800s. Today I reached a new ATL (I’m pretty sure I haven’t seen 152 already 😶‍🌫️). So am very happy although this may be fleeting but for me it means I know I’ll see it again in the future.
    I’m putting it down to focussed NFDs, really thinking about what I really want to eat and how it serves my body right now and for the future and the increased exercise has also helped with that mindset.
    Travelling, particularly for work is hard so I’ll do what I can these two days and then Saturday I’ll need to eat quite a bit of carb rich food as I have my cycle challenge on Sunday.
    Then next week all focus will be on June 30 and final numbers.

@snowflake56 happy birthday to you! 🎈Breithlá shona duit! 🎈
    What a celebration you can have now! I’m also thinking about @funshipfreddie – hopefully good times are being had but hoping to hear from him soon 🙏. I looked up Ischia too and lost a half hour or so dreaming 💭 yesterday!!! @flourbaby that will be just fabulous!!

@merryapple oh no!!! I draft mine in notes on my phone and then copy to the forum so that if I get distracted or whatever I can go back to the text. When o copy and submit o then. Price all the phone typos🥴 so go back on and correct…but it’s a handy way to post. @stitchincarol probably always sees my first nonsensical draft with typos/autocorrect nonsense 😂 which must be confusing for her but the system works well for me… 😄

@bert1802 hopefully you can get back to good sleeping patterns soon…I’m sure after such a traumatic time your mind may need to adjust to calmer times.. Do you mean you had lots of energy or not very much energy last night? I swing in roundabouts with sleep at the moment but realise that it’s been an emotional few years here (nothing like your times – just to be clear) so am going easy on myself and trying to do the right things like breathwork, etc.

Have a lovely Thursday everyone, I hope everyone is ok.
    I’m off to see the King 👑 🇬🇧 😝

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 20 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

I’m doing my best to keep mindful food wise and that’s as good as it can be right now, so much on my mind with the house move that many meals have been thrown together at the last minute but at least we’re eating healthily and I’m not comfort eating. We have walked away from the property we were planning to buy, the survey revealed it to be a building project we don’t want to take on. The sale of our house is quite advanced so the pressure is on to find another property 😱 so apologies if I’m here infrequently, I’m spending a long time on internet property search sites then feel the need to escape the screen for a while.

@snowflake56 enjoy celebrating your husband’s good news and your birthday 🥂

Onwards……

Day 20, London UK, NFD

Yes, Ischia looks fantastic, usually I would have my lists prepared – things to do, places to eat, clothes to pack etc, etc, etc. This year, nothing, nada, zip!!! The slow, slow house purchase has stolen my holiday thunder!!! There’s very little excitement, just a whole heap of anxiety!!! Not ideal for weight-loss, I seem to be, just about, holding my head above water.😥

@funshipfreddie, where for art thou???? I hope you’re ok!!

@snowflake56, Happy birthday!!🥳🥳🥳 A double celebration no less!!! I’m jealous of your breakfast in bed too!!

@jaifaim, enjoy London!! The weather WILL be on your side!🙏🏼😊😎🌞

@bert1802, a combination of anxiety & a crazy cat who thinks 4am is the ideal time to wake up!!😲😻 my sleep has also been less than perfect ……………… I live for the weekends when I can go back to bed after letting Bo-Bo out!!

Onwards & downwards folks!!

“I am thankful for my struggle because, without it, I wouldn’t have stumbled across my strength.” —Alex Elle

Omg… should have proofed my post… sometimes my method doesn’t work so well 😂. Apologies! It should have been “when I copy and submit, I then correct the typos” how ironic!! 🥴 Seriously though, what system leaves an “o” like that in a string of text?? I’m a bad wok man blaming the tools! 🧰 ⚒️
    Really rooting for both @flourbaby and @missybear on the house front for you both. It’s a super stressful time for you so hang in there and mind yourselves. 💕

Day 20 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

Oops?! Apologies for my absence. The Monday public holiday messed up my routine, & I haven’t been feeling too chatty anyway. But, all good here. Boo Boo had her vaccinations the other day & was given a clean bill of health from the vet. President Cyril has been inaugurated for another 5 years, & we now have a – sort of – government of national unity. Line-dancing was fun yesterday. We did the new dance routine, our teacher Marie commented, ‘someone’s been doing his homework’, & I’ve now been labelled ‘teachers pet’ 😅 Otherwise, I’ve just been working on my español 😵 It’s like crawling up a mountain. The more I learn, the more I realise how far I’ve got to go.

@snowflake56 – 🎶 Happy Birthday to you!🎵🥳️🎉🎈🥂 Have a lovely day!

@jaifaim – congrats on the new ATL! 🥳️👏🎯 Safe travels to London 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

@missybear – so sorry about the house. 🤞🤞 you find the perfect place soon.

@flourbaby – Ischia looks stunning, & I’m sure the excitement will kick in as your trip gets closer 🤗

@merryapple – aargh?! so annoying to lose your post. I just write mine as an email; then if anything goes wrong it’s automatically saved as a draft.

@stitchincarol – I hope you’re enjoying your time with the grand-kiddies 🧸️🪅

@bert1802 – Less than 4 hours of sleep?! Less than 7 hours & I’m a zombie. I seldom have trouble sleeping, & since I switched to decaf tea/coffee about 6 weeks ago my sleep’s been better than ever.

About weight-lifting…
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-13543611/Weight-lifting-key-staying-healthy-70s-just-year-pumping-iron-cut-body-fat-boost-strength-long-term-experts-reveal.html

Wishing all the Thursday fasters an easy FD 💪

Pocket List – Day 20 🍏
    @merry🍎
    @missybear
    @funshipfreddie
    @leoniraats

Day 20 UK FD

Going for my 2nd FD of the week 🤞

The weather’s looking good for your trip @jaifaim

Pocket List – Day 20 🍏
    @merry🍎
    @missybear
    @funshipfreddie
    @leoniraats
    @brightonbelle

Here’s @merryapple‘s post:

Day 20 NZ FD 72.7kg

At last I can get back to everyone’s posts and knitting!
    My talk went well, thank you. I spent quite a lot of time going through historic documents to make sure I had my facts correct and my memory wasn’t playing tricks… It was a mixture of the scientific efforts to locate the virus, the stats and info put out by the CDC, how the viral side of the immune system works, who was doing what to support the people with AIDS, battle of the bathhouses, Alexis Carrington and Dynasty, Rock Hudson and what my lived experience was working at a Level One Trauma centre in a black city when the first patients with ARC/ AIDS arrived. And letting off steam in the San Francisco Night Clubs!!!!
    @flourbaby I didn’t have chaps but I did have spurs for Western riding!! FYI Eating a furry kiwifruit is way nicer than smooching a guy with a big hairy mo!! 🤣
    @jaifaim Lee Mack’s segment did make me laugh!! Mo dhia? Does God not have a Latin origin?
    I had no sourdough bread y’day… But had a few drinks later!! I wonder which is worse in the long run?!
    @excelsior12309 Fingers crossed for your building sale. And well done on controlled eating.
    @bert1802 I had noticed you were up late and posting!! If I could I would swap fresh eggs for bread too!!
    @snowflake56 (I will get your number right today!) That is amazing… 6 minutes…👀 I’m trying to catch up with @jaifaim‘s 2 minutes!! As well as trying not to re-injure myself in the process…
    @funshipfreddie Are you off the grid now your election is over… Hope all is well…
    @brightonbelle Welcome back!! I hope you’ll get a sparkling white tooth soon!!
    @metatauta I noticed hula hoops on @snowflake56‘s video. It is you that does this isn’t it? Impressive!!
    The FD’s nearly over for me… Time to concentrate and drop my monthly 1kg by the end of the next week and a half…

Pocket List
    @flourbaby
    @leoniraats
    @funshipfreddie
    @merry🍎

Day 20 – USA/TN

Thought I was eating 800 calories as a FD, but I did not figure in one item, which pushed me to 1000 calories…..wish I thought of it beforehand.

@snowflake56, so happy for you and DH that your tests turned out with no dreaded C word. And a happy birthday to you!

@flourbaby and @missybear, it’s so daunting to have to figure out where to put one’s roots again! Hope you will both find your nest soon!

@stitchincarol, sadly, the hula hoop is staring at me in my livingroom, not used in ages….but I keep it there for a future moment of inspiration.

Can any one advice me , is tinned food ( tinned tuna ) appropriate for our diet ?
    Thank you

Day 21 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD 70.4 kg

So quiet here?! A few people away or about to go away. Another good FD done & dusted & looking forward to breaking my fast in a couple of hours.

@merryapple – good to hear your talk went well. No way I could do that, unless I had several drinks in me first. But then the slurred speech would be a dead giveaway 😅

@lisa-bazza – welcome! I think tinned fish is perfectly healthy. I actually had some with my FD omelette last night. A good protein source but low in calories. From medicinenet.com – “Fish is a very healthy protein choice and eating canned tuna once or twice a week is safe. Canned tuna is an inexpensive source of protein that can be safely stored on your shelf. Tuna can contain small amounts of mercury but has many health benefits and is safe to eat a few times per week.”

@metatauta – pick up that hula-hoop! I keep my small weights in the living-room, under a side-table. I grab them after dinner most evenings & do maybe 5 – 7 minutes of exercises while I’m watching the evening news. It all adds up 🏋️‍♂️

A newly discovered fat gene, but only affects one in every 5000 people:-
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-13551659/Find-impossible-stay-slim-carry-newly-discovered-fat-gene-makes-10lbs-heavier-experts-say-treatment-affected.html

Happy Fri-yay! 🍹

Day 21 – Ireland – NFD – 🚫 ✅ 🚶🏽‍♀️ 🌾.
    No idea lbs

Hi all, so good to see you @funshipfreddie! Yep so quiet here but hoping everyone is ok… well done on being ⭐️ of the class! 🕺

@lisa Bazza yes canned fish is good in terms of protein, nutrients etc. Interestingly we are finding canned tuna quite expensive now in Ireland. Particularly the good quality options. The price has hiked in the last few years. It used to be a cheap protein option.
    @metatauta I spotted the hula hoopers on the video and was at a play recently where one of the cast used a hoop on stage and both reminded me of the forum.. I couldn’t remember if it was you or @mariaelena who was our super hooper.. but it is you!!ah go on… pick it up ⭕️ 😄.

@merryapple so glad the talk went well and that @stitchincarol was able to retrieve your post 😇. You will get there! No better woman… 9 more days 👍
    But no post from @stitchincarol – a busy grandma!! 💕Hope you are enjoying special time with Mae.

All good here in London – @brightonbelle and @flourbaby – off home tonight so it was just a quick visit. The office is great and love seeing the crew over here but lunch / dinner /lunch out so hard to keep track of it all but mostly good choices. Mostly…

Another week over… just one week really to go. These weekends are coming around super fast but I’m up for a bit of warrior 🏹 posing this weekend.

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 21, London, UK, FD (CD?)

Office breakfast this morning, so it will be my usual chicken salad. I’m never sure of the calories in the coleslaw so I’ll call it a CD as I’ll have some Greek yoghurt this evening to prevent me getting to level 4!!!😜

Well done @merryapple, you’re a better woman than me!! I’ve managed to swerve any public speaking my entire life & I’m way too old to think about starting now!!!😅🤭

@metatauta & @funshipfreddie my only excuse for not grabbing the hoop or the hand weights is a valid one! ……………… They’re in my storage unit under the entire contents of my flat!!! I really, truly, absolutely, honestly NEED to move into my house ASAP!!! (I’m tired of rotating my wardrobe too, my boxes of clothes may well be out of fashion by the time I rediscover them!!😳😳)

@funshipfreddie, I’m with you on the public speaking, I forfeited 10% of my degree grade as I just COULD NOT stand up in from of my entire year group & speak for 10 mins!! I’m having a wobble just thinking about it!🤮

@jaifaim, I’m warrior-ing with you this weekend………….. promise!!!

Stay strong folks, I’m putting in a bit of extra effort to contribute a BIG number to our monthly total!!🤞🏽🙏🏼🤞🏽🙏🏼🤞🏽

“The power of community to create health is far greater than any physician, clinic or hospital.” – Mark Hyman

Day 21-No. VA USA-NFD
    Not much time this morning, but posting to say, “I am still here!” and hanging onto “the wagon” as best I can. Very hot here, really not surprising, it is summer in the south, after all. My building sale thing did not progress; the fellow wanted a large open space with high ceilings for a gym….that is not our building! Oh, well, “get on with it!”
    We have a small koi pond in the front of the house and my husband has been re-stocking it this year, with water lilies and small fish. He ordered three koi from across the country; they were supposed to be orange and black, about 6 inches. What arrived were two silvery white and one gold, approximately 14″ each, they look big enough to eat, if one would eat a carp. Impressive. They are surely “big fish in a small pond!”
    Down we go, together!

Thank you for the response regarding tinned tuna . It touched on my concern ie mercury . I’m new here and find the comments both interesting and often educating. Since watching a number of documentaries I’ve become disillusioned with the fishing industry .
    Fish farming in particular seems beyond acceptable.
    I guess , we have to accept some processing weighing up the benefits against the drawbacks.
    All fish has become a serious concern of mine , asking is it save to eat .

I’m here, no idea what day it is. It’s 7:20am in Indianapolis (6:20 in Nebraska), and our plan is to leave in less than an hour, which will get us home around 7pm.

Molly, Margot, and Mae have been a joy to hang out with, and I’m so glad we’re coming back in July.

I started out the week with reasonable eating, but haven’t done so well the second two days, so being home will fix that.

Day 20/21…….Florida……CD/ maybe FD

Sorry that I did post yesterday, my day went sideways very quickly yesterday. I have a great job and I travel 90% of the time going into customer showroom ensure all our products are up to date, helping owners and designers with anything they need to ensure their projects move forward. So, yesterday I am in a showroom chatting with a designer super nice guy, one thing leads to another and we are declutter his showroom. How in the hell did that happen?
    Once I’m done, I realize that I’ve got about hour and a half to travel back to the hotel and see another customer right around corner before a 3pm zoom meeting. I get to my next customer and they are in a design meeting and I find myself engaged in this. Now, I’ve got 30 min to travel, 25 miles to the hotel for this meeting. Now, I am rushing and starving. My eating window opened up 5 hours ago and I have put zero things into my screaming body. I rush into a store to grab something, get back to the hotel jump on my computer only to realize…….. That I missed the damn meeting because they moved it to three hours earlier in the day. With everything, I got roped into, I didn’t receive the update on our teams board!

Once everything settled down, I finally added up my calories on the little grab go I did turns out it was a bit over my calorie budget for my FD.

Hell… atleast I tried…..

I, kid you not, when I tell you this….. I finish up my day begin to relax plan the rest of evening out. Everything is going well, figured I jump in the shower, read everyone post, do my evening devotional and call it a night…… well…… didn’t quite happen. I’m in the shower, soap in my hair and the hotels fire alarm goes off.
    Rinse off, dry the best I could, dress, grab what I could and out the door I go. I stood out side with all the other hotel guests for almost two hours. So the fireman could do what they do best.

Once I got back to the room….. I seriously was done
    I called it a night and went to bed!

Hoping for a pretty straightforward day today but I’ll let you know

Day 22 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@bert1802 – wow?! What a day you had on Thursday?! I got stressed out just imagining what you went through; & then the fire?!! Wishing you a relaxed, stress-free weekend after all that 🥴️

@stitchincarol – I hope you & DH got home safe & sound; that’s a long drive! 🚙

@lisa-bazza – re the tuna, I don’t buy the tuna in vegetable oil. That’s the confusing part for me about canned fish. Some people say vegetable oil is healthy, but the low-carb proponents say it’s terrible. Anyway, I get the one in brine/water. I guess a healthier option if you want oil would be to drain it & add a little olive oil. But, I dunno… 🤔

@excelsior12309 – so sorry the potential sale didn’t work out. How annoying re the koi ? So, was it fish & chips for dinner? 😅

Cool & windy here, but the sun is shining so I’m off to check out our Algoa Bay 🐬

Have a lovely weekend everyone 🌤🌈

Day 22 UK NFD

Scales going in the right direction, slow and steady fine with me 😀

Wow what a journey, us tiny islanders really don’t appreciate the vastness of your country @stitchincarol

Just off for a nosey DSs GF is a bridesmaid at a big wedding so want to see the bride arriving 👰‍♂️

Catch up tomorrow

Day 22 – Ireland – NFD – 🚫 ✅ 🚶🏽‍♀️ 🌾.
    No idea lbs

A late check in for me… I hope everyone is having a great Saturday!
    I’m busy today as I’ll be out again all day tomorrow 🚴.
    Weather could be better but we’ll take what we get.

A mindful weekend:
    The Choices We Make Today Will Determine the Quality of Every Tomorrow
    🏹🏹🏹

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 22 – USA/TN – NFD

Day 23 NZ NFD 71.8kg👀

AN ATL!! Now I just need to stay there…
    Apologies for the radio silence but another post went west… I accidentally touched something on my phone, the page changed and whoosh…
    I’d also like to say, thank you for sterling commentary @jaifaim despite you being so busy… I hope you have another Weekend Warrior Weekend WWW
    7 days to go for that accumulative total y’all!!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WzBYA92AZ56xlyZwpAlcwEYpUEsDp_ioILL6LoK86OE/edit
    I have just put up a sheet for July but cannot host. It’s a wee bit early but as of Monday will be in the thick of it… I have art works to find, framing etc for an exhibition which takes over three gallery spaces. I’ll be super busy…

@missybear Good luck with your house hunting. It’s so disappointing when yet set your heart on a property and it doesn’t work out… But there is always another…
    @flourbaby Gosh and you have the gift of the gab too!! Your commentary here is always so amusing. I hope your holiday will be extra relaxing for you and you’ll be ready to tackle your move.
    @excelsior12309 You might get some big birds visiting your pond now or a corgi that discovers fishing is fun!! Sorry to hear your building didn’t quite suit the buyer…
    @lisa-bazza I agree, the fish stocks are under pressure. I make sure I eat fish that is locally caught and not from those big trawlers that hoover up the sea floor, dolphins and inedible sea creatures. I tell the vegetarians who only eat fish and hold the moral high ground that they should be eating farmed animals or pest species here like goat and venison for protein because the sea is under such pressure from both untargeted fishing, plastics and climate change…
    @brightonbelle How lovely! Did the bride look gorgeous?!
    @funshipfreddie Teacher’s pet?! I don’t think I have ever earned that title!!! I’m seeing you in a new light!😀
    @stitchincarol Your granddaughter’s must have loved having your undivided attention!! 12 hours driving… That would get me from Auckland to Wellington with 3 hours to spare!!
    @bert1802 That was funny to read about your day but I hope it doesn’t repeat!!
    @metatauta Good on you for checking in!

Onwards and downwards!!!

Day 22……..Florida…….NFD

Sorry I didn’t post yesterday and I am late posting tonight. Friday was for the most part pretty good then Friday night had a table top to do which ended late and by the time I got back to the hotel. I was over it and just went to bed.
    This morning, I got up and made the long drive home.
    Now, I am on vacation until July 1st! Something I never thought would get here!

I’m really looking forward to not being on go mode all week. I haven’t vacationed in my own back yard in a long while, so I’m looking forward to it.

I will catch up with all the posts tomorrow.

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 226 total)

You must be logged in to reply.