Jolly June ☀️ 2024 Challenge

This topic contains 194 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  Bert1802 19 hours, 36 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 194 total)

• Welcome to this Jolly June challenge – I am taking over from @funshipfreddie who guided us wonderfully through Mindful May 😇. It’s a difficult act to follow… I can’t promise fun food facts as posting each day in itself is a challenge at the moment but I’ll be supporting you all the way through this month.. Know that we ALL have good and bad times … I’m currently having to work so hard to apply myself and post daily so hosting this month has come at the right time for me.

As we all like a little alliteration I was busy looking up J words earlier but @excelsior12309 used a word earlier today which is great so we are all going to have a Jolly June 😄. Or a Jolly Good June if you prefer. 😂

Many of us have been struggling recently and really the basics are simple but it’s just getting stuck into the routine of 2 FDs a week which can be hard… it doesn’t sound hard does it?? But it can be. So let’s all try to have a jolly good month and see where we are at on June 30. Are there any old friends coming back to us this month? Please say yes 🙌. We miss you all and wonder how you are 💕.

I’d love if we could also tie in a little more physical activity too this month and try build in some walking or a little more of any activity during each week? I’m going to get back to my daily walks… and some weights… we need to look after our future us’ and that starts now. Are you with me? Ah go on 😂 A weight could be a milk bottle… or a wine bottle 😂 just lift it… there you’ve done weights 👍

———

These monthly challenges were started by @coda in May 2016 and have been going strong ever since. Goals can be overwhelming when viewed as a whole. But by breaking them down into small achievable pieces (monthly challenges), we are able to stay focused and motivated to accomplish our goals one step at a time in bite-sized monthly challenges.

There are no rules, but as a general guide, here are some tips for any new people:

1. Posting – Please start each post with the day of the month, where you are, and if you’re on a fast day (FD), non-fast day (NFD) or controlled day (CD). We’re all over the world and in different time zones so it helps us keep track of which day we’re talking about, who else is fasting with us on a particular day etc. Look at the various posts, and you’ll soon see the pattern, and will learn how useful it is for reading.

2. In your first post, please introduce yourself to the group – this helps us to get to know each other, which is especially helpful for newbies. Perhaps say something about where you started, your journey so far, what you’re aiming for or how you are benefiting from fasting. You might like to include your starting weight or your goals for the month. But you don’t have to – share only what you are comfortable sharing online.

3. Spreadsheet – we will have a spreadsheet available and we will post the link on a separate post when we have it. It will be in alphabetical order by username. If you find it helpful, you can use it to record and track your progress as well as keeping track of how others are doing. It can help with perspective, accountability or planning. And if you need help just ask – there’s always someone happy to help. But you don’t have to use it if you don’t want to. It’s just another tool you can use if you choose.

4. Frequency – Some people post daily, others check in every few days. Some are brief, others are long and chatty. If you’re posting for a second time in the same day please head your post e.g. Day 1 – 2nd Post. Past history shows that posting every day truly does help with motivation for staying on track with your goals, so please don’t feel shy about suddenly posting daily; we love new members!

5. Content of your post– Comments or questions, complaints or celebration – anything you’d like to share with the forum. Recipes, tips, tricks and bright ideas are always welcome. Remember: we all have good days and bad days, days we fall off the wagon or days when we are hanging on by our fingernails, days when our mojo deserts us and days where we feel completely in control. So DON’T GIVE UP – whatever it is, you are not alone!

6. Community – This is a worldwide forum so there’s usually someone online. We all do our best to offer advice, support and solidarity

7. Pocket lists –A ‘pocket list’ is a list of the names of people who are sharing the same goal on a particular day. It’s great psychological support in mentally keeping that list in our back pocket, knowing we’re not alone. Anyone can join a pocket list or start a pocket list. Typical pocket lists are for FD but in the past they’ve been used for people doing daily exercise or planks, or DTF (dry till Friday).

8. 5:2 basics – answers to many FAQs plus top tips:
    https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

9. The “rule”. The F word is not allowed!! (This is the only time I will use it – but here, the F word is FAIL.). We all stumble in our journey – it happens. But acknowledge it, think about what you can do next time, and continue. We’re all here to help!

We tend to use a LOT of abbreviations in these posts. Here’s a guide to some of the more frequently used ones:

5:2 – 5 days NFD – 2 days FD
    16:8 – 16 hours fast – 8 hours non fast
    IF – Intermittent Fasting
    ADF – Alternate Day Fasting (FD – NFD – FD – etc)
    AF – Alcohol-free
    B2B – Back to Back (consecutive FDs)
    BMR – Basal metabolic Rate
    CFD – Controlled Food Day (a day’s eating comfortably below your TDEE)
    DH, DD, DS – Darling Husband, Daughter, Son
    DTF – Dry ’til Fri (no wine, beer, etc.)
    EE – Emotional Eating (reflex grazing out of a need for instant comfort instead of satisfying hunger)
    EFS – Epic Face Stuffing (Definitely due to a faulty OFF button!)
    FD – Fast Day (500 cals)
    FD800 – Fast Day 800 calories
    Hunger Dragon – that dreadful psychological beast that sometimes cannot be satisfied. Some people even name theirs (e.g. @i-hate-lettuce had an inner warthog!)
    IF – Intermittent Fasting
    Keto – way of eating that generates Ketones
    KISS – Keep It Simple Stupid!!!
    LC – Low Carb way of eating
    LCHF – Low Carb High Fat way of eating
    LFD – Liquid Fast Day (incl. tea, coffee, miso, bone broth & water)
    LOL – Laughing Out Loud
    M/WOAM – Man/Woman on a Mission (courtesy of @i-hate-lettuce)
    MFD – Modified Fast Day (800 cals) on the new Fast800, it’s a FD
    MFP – MyFitnessPal – a smartphone app & website that tracks diet & exercise.
    NFD – Non Fast Day
    OH – Other Half (eg spouse/partner)
    OMAD – One Meal A Day
    PFDS – Post FD Smugness (courtesy of moi!)
    Pocket List – Names to “keep in your pocket” for a common goal for the day
    TDEE – Total Daily Energy Expenditure (see the ‘how it works’ link on the home page to work out yours)
    TRE – Time Restricted Eating
    WFD – Water Fast Day (Water only)
    WFH – Working From Home
    WOL – Way of Life
    WOCA – Woman Of a Certain Age
    ZBC – Zero Breakfast Club

Day -2 – posted in error…

Day -1

I’ll be here! Thanks for leading us through Jolly June, @jaifaim, and for setting up the spreadsheet, @merryapple (I already have two other places I’m tracking weight and details, so don’t use it, but know it’s treasured and used by many).

@jaifaim Your challenge to add in some sort of movement is resonating with me. For starters, once I get past the rest of the big project I’ve been working on, I’m going to be FINALLY working in my yard, and that will certainly be movement, but I’m also going to keep it up even once the gardens are tidied up and don’t need hours every day. So keep reminding us, it’s important, and you’re an incredible example of how possible it is to be truly active!

See you all tomorrow!

Spam post above reported

Day 1 Auckland, New Zealand NFD 73.2kg

Well yes I did ping up after a great Friday night and then going out to dinner at a friend’s last night. I even left the uncooked pastry from her chicken pie at the edge of the plate!! Her lemon pie was perfect!!
    Today we have a walk up Maungawhau then a birthday party for two dogs and a dog mom at the park at the base of the volcanic cone. Later I’m going out for supper at a friends and volunteered to bring food with me… It will be difficult to swerve the calories today… but it’s going to be fun!!

Hello everyone! It’s a new month and an opportunity to refocus for another four weeks. I’m Mary, 66, a reg nurse (currently not working) and work with fibre (FA degree).
    My nearest and dearest (♥️husband and 🐻‍❄️Macintosh the Westie) have left me for greener pastures and I like to think they’re together. Every time I see a rainbow in the sky I think of them and wave!!
    The Forum has been a life saver helping me to pull myself together to get healthy. I have lost 20kg in 17 months which averages out to around a kg per month. My BMI has gone from 30.7 to 24.2. After losing 15kg I started walking and am now getting reasonably fit by going up our local volcanic cone 5X per week. I have bought new black walking shoes and a black outfit of Nike compression tights and hoodie plus a bright red down vest to wear under the hoodie!! How’s that for new body confidence!!!
    Welcome to all those who are thinking about joining in. Please do. It will change your life for the better!!
    Hi! to the usual roundup!! And thank you to @jaifaim for leading us fearlessly forward and downward!!

Day 1 – Ireland – NFD
    Long first day post alert ‼️

Don’t you just love a new start 💛
    Thank you @merryapple for the spreadsheet 🌟

Hi all! I’m looking forward to hosting and to committing to take the time out to read and to post this month as I realise that life just gets busier and busier if we let it. Having said that, if I miss a day or whatever, you know where I am 🤗.

I had some thoughts for this month’s challenge and think increasing our activity slightly will help both in body and mind. Lots of us have been struggling recently. You all know I’m pretty active with my cycling but my walking, strength, stretching, mediation, dance have all dropped off so I want to try bring some back in for general welfare rather than weight loss. So the first idea was that I prompt you to keep the focus on that time out for your self care and the other thing I thought was:

Would it be interesting to see how much as a group we lose over the month? So have a total (for those who want to share their starting weight) and then post the total combined loss at the end of the month? You may not fancy this but as an added little challenge it could be fun and may help us keep the mojo… and JUST for this month? No need to think we’d do this forever? People may find it too stressful on an ongoing basis but having said that there should be no pressure anyway and life still comes to throw us come wobblers along the way.. we all know that. 🙃

My intro for any newcomers:
    The first challenge I joined was October 2017…and I’ve been intermittently fasting in all senses of that phrase 😂 since. Sometimes it’s hard to do but you fall off and you just climb back on again… 🧗‍♂️

My name is a little play on words as I am a french speaker so “J’ai faim” means “I’m hungry” but also stands for Just Another Intermittent Fast And I’ll Maintain…it makes me smile 😊

I recently reached my ideal weight (155 lbs) but maintenance is hard and I bob up again after holidays etc. I’ll get back to between 152 and 155lbs again this month💪

I love being outdoors even in our lovely Irish weather and cycle, walk, swim in the sea. I do some strength work too but that’s fallen by the wayside in the past few months.

I stay away from alcohol 🚫 most of the time and have reduced added sugars ✅ and eat gluten free 🌾 because of intolerance symptoms – headaches mostly no gut issues. I’ve recently fallen back into the habit of more sugar and it is doing me zero favours so that’s the focus this month too.

I have two auto immune conditions and the above foods definitely cause flare ups if I take them in … along with hormone deficiencies now due to my age. My little icons help me to stick to clean nutrition.

But….. life is for living and like others I tend to have one blowout (EFS) day a week where I might have some treats like crisps etc. I may have to cut the crisps! They are a problem!

@merryapple super congratulations on the BMI and your new walking outfit sounds perfect for today and I bet you look just fab! Your lovely introduction caught me for a moment.. sending hugs ♥️🤗 🌈

@stitchincarol I saw you mention your DS in your last May post. I’m so glad that he has noticed less brain fog. It’s truly incredible how gluten and sugar affect some of our brains/bodies. For me I now know exactly when gluten has made it into my system ⚠️

Ok here we go.. could you take a nice little Saturday stroll today? 30 mins? Listening to the sounds around you and breathing deep. I’ll head off soon on the beach.

Have a great first day all!

Onward and downward ⬇️

We rise by lifting others

Day 1 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD 70.2 kg

June 1st?! And the weather is grim for the first day of winter. It’s like someone flicked a switch; raining, windy & a cold 14 C (feels like 11) 🥶️
    So I won’t be taking a nice little stroll, @jaifaim. Not outdoors anyway 😅 But I WILL reach my 8000 steps. Good idea re tracking how much we lose as a group for the month. I’m sure it’ll be a good incentive for some people. But as a maintainer I don’t think I’ll be contributing much to the number. Thanks for hosting Jolly June!

For any new members this month – about me:- David, 62, originally from Manchester, England. Retired & living in Port Elizabeth, South Africa. Been 5:2-ing/IF-ing since 2014. I joined the Challenges in 2018. Currently maintaining, 70.2 kgs/BMI 21.7 I do basic 5:2, having around 600 – 700 cals on FDs – one evening meal – and I have an eating window of around 12 noon to 8 pm on NFDs.

@merryapple – loved reading your intro. 20 kgs – you’ve done yourself proud! 🎯 Thanks for the new spreadsheet.

@stitchincarol – 160.4 Definitely. That’s my philosophy. When in doubt, always take the lower number 😀

Wishing everyone a Joyous & Jolly June & a great weekend 🌤 🌈

Day 1-No. VA USA-FD800

Joining the Jolly June fasters today.

I agree that physical activity could help with weight issues–my garden is somewhat of an overgrown travesty with occasional blooms poking out. Also the walkways around the house have many weeds growing up and I need to take the little flame-thrower device and burn them up. It is fun, once it is fired up. And non-toxic, pretty much.

I have done IF since about 2017; lost, gained back, now lost again. Practicing pediatrician trying VERY hard to sell the building which I own, so I can retire….it will happen eventually, I hope! Have lost about 10kg over the past year, but most of it since February of this year, and avoiding bread, pasta, wine (love them all!) has been the biggest help. Like @funshipfreddie, I generally eat noon to about 7 pm on NFD. FD800 has been very do-able for me. I also find I have to avoid sampling tempting foods, because once I start, I don’t usually stop!!!

Day 1, Germany, CD

@jaifaim Thank you for hosting the challenge this month, I’d like to join this month and see where it will take me. My eating habits are a mess, way too much sugar. I’m glad I don’t drink much alcohol otherwise my weight would have gone up even more.

@merryapple Thank you for providing the spreadsheet.

I’m a Dutchwoman living in the North of Germany, married, 67 years old, 163 cm/5’4″ tall. I’m here on and off since 2017, lost a lot of weight and gained a lot again. I’m back at 65.9 kg again and not happy about it. It’s nice to see familiar names and to read that some of you are doing so well. I do line-dance twice a week, ballroom whenever my DH is able to do it and a combination of pilates, yoga and other things also twice a week. On days I don’t do anything of the things above, I just sit and do nothing at all. I’ll try to walk instead.

Have a nice weekend everyone!

Day 1 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 233 lbs. My clothes are way too tight. Such a horrible feeling. Somehow, I gained an average of 3 lbs in a week. Yes, I know I only had one FD this week due to circumstances, and it went well. It’s the NFDs that are killing me. I know what to do and refuse to do it. I’m not sure what’s going on with me. I think I must be acting out the stress I’m feeling with snacking, and I’ve been craving sugar in a major way, which only makes the snacking worse. I also wonder if it has anything to do with not having a soft drink in over a month? A relapse through replacement. This is not how I wanted to start out the month, but here I am! I already know I have a vacation week this month, and a few official dinner meetings. I have no choice — I must stop the snacking and sugar. I’ve suffered a horrible defeat, so now it is time for more victories. I know it will be a difficult month, but I can make some advances if I make better decisions on NFDs. Gaining 25 lbs in two years is unacceptable.

I think I’ll start by doing a ZBC this morning.

DAY 1 – UK – FD
    64.5kg

@jaifaim – Thank you for hosting the Jolly June ☀️ 2024 Challenge – I am still struggling to find my way back to regular fasting and improving my NFD diet…..

June is my birthday 🎈month (3rd) as well as my DH (23rd) but I am aiming to stay in control in between the two celebrations 🤞

I am lucky in that I have managed to keep up with my regular exercise 🧘‍♀️ classes and hiking 🥾 in May, if not I am pretty sure that my weight would be much higher than the 6.5kg it currently sits above my maintenance weight…….like @snowflake56 my eating habits have been out of control and I have also been enjoying too many glasses of 🥂🍷 – control is definitely required!!!

AT soon to be 66 and as my DH says becoming a proper pensioner, despite having retired from my job since the end of 2013, . I found 5:2 in 2016 – lost 22kg and found the lifestyle so easy until the last 2.5 years, since when I have struggled and have slowly been gaining some of that weight back…… Currently not happy at 64.5kgs and desperately wanting to get below 60kg once more

I belong to the ZBC – having brunch and an evening meal but I do love a glass…..OK perhaps 2 glasses of wine with my evening meal and this has crept up to 5 days a week recently……if I am honest!!

My plan for June is to get back on track with doing 2 x FD a week, reducing wine drinking days to a maximum of 3 days per week and ensuring control on my NFDs – Luckily my level of exercise is good – I do 2 yoga, 1 pilates and 2 aerobic type classes each week and I hike 2/4 days as well

“If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. and when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

Day 1 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD – 162.8

Gulp–that’s up something like 2 pounds, and is the first time I’ve done that in several weeks. Yup, I ate too, too much yesterday. It was sort of decent, and then I grabbed the jar of chocolate and caramel pecans. That was the end of self-control. I’ve asked DH to hide them from me, so all should be fine now. 🤷🏻‍♀️😂

@merryapple Well done, you, for getting below 25BMI!!! HUGE congratulations, even!!!

@jaifaim Wow, you’re starting us off the way we should plan on continuing, huh? A 30-minute walk, eh? Today? Huh. Okay. Gulp. I’ll do it. And DS32 has immediate results from gluten that require him to remove himself to the loo–something that was just a fact of life for him for two decades, despite the extensive testing we had him undergo when he was younger, before gluten intolerance was well known and recognized. When his brother had the lightbult moment (January ’23), and suggested he quit gluten to see what happened, it was like a switch was turned off, and the elder was suddenly fine. And then? The brain fog left! DS32 had no idea the two were related, so while he’s a little sad to skip desserts, the improvement in his life is so huge that there’s very little regret.

@funshipfreddie Well, part of me agrees with you about which weight to choose, but if I choose the higher number from yesterday, I’m not up so much today, so…??? 😂🤣😂

@snowflake56 Welcome back; it’s good to have you join us again!

@northgeorgia Perhaps you need to pull out your copy of Obesity Code and let Dr. Fung’s words inspire, strengthen, and arm you once again.

@at You’ll get there. It’s becoming clear to me that the strengths we used to rely on are no longer the strengths we need as we reach new points in our lives. Wine, for example: I used to prefer beer, but only ever had one, and when I had wine, never had more than two SMALL, tiny even, glasses. Now, I’ve learned to avoid beer, but need strength to limit the wine because I enjoy it so much more. Hence, my strength to limit myself to one beer is no longer needed. What strength did you have four years ago that is no longer helpful, and what new strength are you needing to develop?

77 years ago today, my parents got married. ❤️ Daddy died in 1967 (when I wasn’t quite 9 years old), after only 26 years of marriage, so I only barely remember him, but I love to stop and smile every year on June 1.

And for Mother’s Day, DS27 gave me dishes to hold soft-boiled eggs, so we’re having Eggs and Soldiers tomorrow for brunch after church, a first in our family! Any suggestions on what else to serve???

Have a grand one, everyone!

Day 2 NZ NFD 73.7kg…

I knew it!! I got home at 0200hrs after a very amusing evening – a small soirée of four. I met the new American curator of International Art at the Auckland Art Gallery, who is very smart, experienced and networked in a way our somewhat lazy local curators are not… mostly because they have not challenged themselves and worked in other institutions around the world, unlike you do/have to in other disciplines, like medicine. We were having an interesting but restrained discussion when I noticed a lump around my knee under my black jeans. I felt it then quietly slid my hand down my pants and pulled, prompting the unsolicited appearance of a budgie smuggler 😳🤣🤣 Well that broke the ice…!!! The budgie was a pair of underpants worn the previous day😆
    Today I am eating lightly and in a controlled way after my carbo loading y’day. The doggie birthday party was a huge success also due to a walk, a birthday carrot cake (no sugar apparently) with dog biscuits impaled into the cream cheese icing plus the impromptu appearance of a feral cat which ran up a tree beside us and sat there taunting the wee infuriated terriers…😄
    @stitchincarol Thank you! We eat egg and soldiers with the egg propped up in an egg cup. Is that what you mean? Happy birthday to Mr Stitchincarol senior😘
    @at I love that quote you use. Between you, @funshipfreddie and @jaifaim I am realising how important it is to handle maintenance well, especially by keeping in touch with this forum.
    @northgeorgia I feel for you. You can do this!!
    @snowflake. Welcome back!!! We missed you!!! I’m glad to hear you’re still dancing! What fun!
    @excelsior12309 I like the sound of that flame thrower!!!
    Those carbs are killers… I too love them and usually try and limit them to breakfast and lunch if possible.
    @funshipfreddie Thanks!! It’s the Kings birthday here this weekend. Do you still charge your glass to him?!!
    @jaifaim Ooh, thank you too!! I am charging my bike up in preparation for a ride and will think of you!! I am happy to participate in your exercises idea. I need to improve core strength so I guess that is sit ups and planks… Any suggestions from anyone??

Steely RESOLVE and remember less is more when it comes to carbs!!

Day 2 – Ireland – EFS 🚫 ✅ 🚶🏽‍♀️ 🌾.
    Today is a training day for my cycle challenge later in the month so I’ll be eating lots and cycling lots 👍
    @funshipfreddie sounds like winter alright… what a change!! Of course yes your number should stay level… and one thing we won’t do is track any gains… they are all temporary 😆
    Great to see you @snowflake56 👋 I hope you have been keeping well.💕💕
    @stitchincarol yes I figured why wait? Let’s get started with our movement 😂😂 no better time like the present and all that..
    What a lovely thought for you each June 1st 💕 remembering your lovely parents. I,like your DS32, had to grieve all those yummy treats I love (the person I was) but the benefits far outweigh the perceived loss… the headaches were so debilitating I just couldn’t function.

@at you’re definitely active enough – 🌟🌟incredible! And this month will be a challenge for you with birthdays but hopefully you can balance it all out.

@merryapple I have just read your post first thing, and you’ve given me such a laugh… The thought of you, realising what the bulge was mid conversation… I was not expecting that… 😂

I’m a fan of planks (it’s been a while though) but one of the easiest ways I found for engaging the core is your position on the bike when cycling.

“Engaging your core during your bicycle core exercise routine means that you’re actively contracting your abdominal muscles to maintain good form and balance on the bike. It’s not just about sucking in your stomach, but about creating a brace around your middle to stabilize your entire body.”

Your back should be relaxed, keeping a fairly straight line between your hips and your shoulders.

@northgeorgia I think you need to remind yourself that you have made amazing changes in the past and can do so when the time is right… cutting soft drinks was a huge achievement and those sugar cravings may be doen to something else in your diet triggering the craving… are you keeping rack of all that you are taking in?

On that… can we all scribble on a pIece of paper or MFP what we eat today? (Not to report here 😂) Let’s see what we really consume on what is for most (except @funshipfreddie and maybe @excelsior12309) a NFD? They are definitely what trip me up…
    I’m off 🚴‍♀️ probably going to eat a lot… but will track.

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 2, Germany, CD

Thank you all for the welcome back!

Yesterday went well, we went for an hour long walk and later on I worked in the garden where I lost my step counter. I have to get a new one as I didn’t find it back again. Before I went to bed I did elbow and side planks.

I always liked doing planks but I have to do them first thing in the morning otherwise I forget to do them. This morning I did 1 min high, 1 min elbow, 1 min side left and 1 min side right. I was always good with planks but I’m terrible at wall sits.

@jaifaim Writing down what I plan to eat, might be a good idea, I’ll try to stick to the plan.

@merryapple Yes, dancing is fun, it’s such a joy to do it. I also had to laugh reading your story. Just try out planking, it’s effective for core strength, you muscles feel tighter afterwards and it only takes a few minutes.

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 2 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

The weather is still atrocious, raining & very windy. The power went out in the entire area during the night, & no-one seems to have any idea when it’ll be back on. A perfect day for a fast day! On a brighter note, the ANC barely scraped 40% & so will have to form a coalition government. Depending on which party(ies) they do a deal with, it may be a case of out of the frying pan & into the fire 😳

@snowflake56 – welcome back!

@merryapple – that’s hilarious! 🤦‍♂️ 😂🤣 The Kings birthday? I usually watch the Trooping the Colour ceremony on TV, but that’s only in mid-June, isn’t it? i.e. the monarch’s official birthday? And his real birthday is in November.

@jaifaim – I’ll definitely be using MFP today 🎯

Happy S🌞nday y’all!

Pocket List – Day 2 🥚
    @funshipfreddie

Day 2 – NFD – South Africa 🇿🇦
    Sorry for going radio silence. It’s been a hot minute this month.
    @jaifaim thank you for hosting us
    @merry🍎 thank you for the spreadsheet. And WOW WOW what an absolute achievement. Congrats on hitting the 72s.youre on the way to get @funshipfreddie‘s neigbour to offering to feed you. Well done @funshipfreddie you’re down too. Glad you’re back to the 69s. I had a bad 2 weeks in May and enduldged too much (jip… Stress eating). I love Lasagna too much. But need to reset, refocus and will get back on track I hope. Speak soon. Best wishes to all.

Day 2 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 234 lbs. So happy to have a “normal” week again (as far as I know)! I should be able to make some real advances this week. Yes, I need to re-Fung myself and keep track of what I’m taking in. I think it’s a combo of the soft drink hiatus (I probably won’t be able to avoid them on vacation, but I bet even then my consumption will be down) and the stress that has resulted in the weird cravings. Going to commit to a better week, starting with today 🙂

Let me reset my goal for the month to what I achieved in April: 225 lbs. I was 226 just a couple of weeks ago, so even with the interruptions half the month, it should be possible.

Pocket List – Day 2 🥚
    @funshipfreddie
    @northgeorgia

Day 2 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD 154 lbs

It’s been a year since I last had a FD, I was ill and needed to concentrate on recovery and good nutrition and then I lost the habit of weekly FDs. So now my maintenance weight is a distant memory and I have regained most of the weight I lost. Last week I had a blood test and was shocked at my cholesterol level, I have 3 months to reduce it or I will have to take statins. Really miffed and mystified about the rising cholesterol as my diet is healthy….just the portion size hasn’t been controlled, I’m thinking it can only be the weight gain and perhaps I need to increase my exercise and reduce alcohol consumption 🤔
    Planning to get back into the routine of Monday and Thursday FDs and regular daily exercise.

Day 3 NZ FD 73.0kg 🚴‍♀️

I looked up planks this morning and have started to get my head around them. Thanks @jaifaim and @snowflake for the pointers. I’m want to try and create a morning routine as well as avoid paying out on a gym membership although I would consider Pilates…
    My girlfriend gave me a purple size 12 waterproof jacket today because my jacket doesn’t keep the rain out. The shoulders are good and I can do it up but it is toooo tight. It confirms that I need to go down a size ie to 65kg for maintenance. So that’s 8 more kg to dispatch!! Will it never end?!!!🙄
    @missybear Welcome back!! I’m sorry to hear you’ve been unwell. I too am also under the threat of statins from my GP – yet another incentive!! Did you see the sheet?
    @northgeorgia Stress certainly doesn’t help with craving CHOs aka sugars. Remember you’re strong and can do this💪!!
    @leoniraats Thank you! You have a such a big work load you definitely need to be kind and take care of yourself. Remember to make a plan and make sure you eat more protein in the evenings rather than carbohydrates. When I make a dish like lasagna, I portion it up and get it into the freezer quickly so it’s unavailable for an EFS!!
    @funshipfreddie NZ has a fixed date for Queen’s/King’s birthday holiday with the Honours list. A coalition government will be interesting… What deals are being done behind closed doors to stay in power???
    Stay warm!! Don’t you have an Harris tweed coat for your wintery weather?!! You’re lucky you don’t have a dog that insists on two walks per day not jumping up and down in one spot!!🤣
    @jaifaim Enjoy your bike training and extra food😆
    I went for a longer ride this morning and kept recalling your advice to sit straight and had to adjust my bad posture… I will have to concentrate on this because it’s definitely not second nature to me at the moment…

Steely RESOLVE!!

Pocket List⚜️🇬🇧
    @merry🍎
    @northgeorgia
    @snowflake
    @missybear

Day 3 – FD – South Africa 🇿🇦
    Dissapointing weight results but expected it. Tried the not weighing everyday but to me that’s worse. You don’t see the red flags. I will have to find my discipline and focus real hard on the FDs especially.

Happy Monday!

Pocket list 🚩
    @leoniraats

Day 3, Germany, FD

Today will be a good day as I’m line-dancing this morning and ballroom dancing this evening. I plan to eat cottage cheese with tomato, basil, a lot of ground black pepper and a bit of olive oil today.

@at Happy Birthday! Enjoy your day.

@missybear Welcome back! How do you plan to get your cholesterol down?

@funshipfreddie Thanks for the welcome back fellow line-dancer!

@merryapple Just give planking a try first thing in the morning, it’s a good start in the day.

Pocket List⚜️🇬🇧
    @merry🍎
    @northgeorgia
    @snowflake
    @missybear
    @leoniraats

Day 3 – Ireland – CD 🚫 ✅ 🚶🏽‍♀️ 🌾.

Bank holiday Monday. Rest day for me. A dip in the sea, some housework, a plank and meeting friends for coffee.

Happy birthday @at 🎈🎈🎈 I hope you have some lovely plans for the day and no doubt a walk or a hike will feature? I hope so. Enjoy that beautiful countryside you have on your doorstep. 🌳 🐑 🛥️

I’ve tracked everything I had yesterday… was a bit all over the place as lots of small bits of sports bars etc, and picnic food on the bike but I apparently burned a high number of calories… if that is to be believed… 2793 kcals over 125 km…
    I’m not sure MFP gets that correct but it looks good 😂 I did not use the extra 2.000+ for food. Let’s see if there is any significant change in weight this week… 🤔

@missybear how great to have you back. I am so sorry to hear that you have been ill. You are in a good place here with us as our focus for this month is to try move a little more and reduce the treats… a few people have been off par recently so we are trying to do what we can to help ourselves feel a little better. I have thought of you and beautiful Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 often!

Ok… as @snowflake56 mentioned it yesterday – anyone for a plank today? I’m up to try it first thing @snowflake56 and see how long I can hold. today will indeed be a good day – lots of dancing for you 💃🏻. There is a lot or research being communicated at the moment here purporting that dance is just fabulous for low mood – I absolutely believe that ☀️
    Cleaning and dance music go hand in hand for me. 🧽

@funshipfreddie I hope the power came back early enough in the day for you and that the weather is better today. My dad loved the pomp and ceremony of Trouping the colour. Absolutely not a royalist btw. But he loved the spectacle and music… I will often have it on in the background if I’m at home. 💂💂💂

@leoniraats sorry to hear you were disappointed… are you tracking all you consume? Yourself or even better in MyFitnessPal – great because you see just how many cals in food… I don’t do this religiously generally anymore but will for this month. It’s a super tool as it educates you as to calorie content and there are many choices you may think are low calorie but are not.
    As a WOCA I am trying to focus on more protein rich foods now but… good carbs must also feature. Wishing you a better day today.

@merryapple fabulous news on your plank today and I’m so glad that the advice re bike positon was useful for you. It is also so important that you are comfortable on the bike also. We tend to have “bike fits” when we buy a new bike as we are in the saddle for long stretches – you can end up in excruciating pain after long rides if the set up is not right. I hear many people complain about bum/seat pain, knee and hip pain and tingling hands when cycling but a tiny tweak to the saddle or handlebar position can instantly solve those problems.

@northgeorgia all the best for a great week 💪. You’ve started out with the best mindset for it… Action precedes motivation 🌟

@stitchincarol I hope you enjoyed your eggs and soldiers. I am ignoring the thought of caramel chocolate pecans…. Oh my goodness right up my alley but nope…. Sugar free June for me 🚫

Have a great day all! 🎈

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 3 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD 69.7 kg

Still no power?! +30 hours now. My gadgets are all running on vapours. It’s grim here. It’s virtually the entire metropolitan area without power. The mayor says some areas are ‘like a war zone’ & there’ve been 7 flood-related deaths.
    Anyway, I had a good FD. By 7 pm I’d eaten nothing, & as the power still wasn’t back on I heated a can of soup on my portable gas stove + had 4 Provita crackers.

@at – 🎵 Happy Birthday to you! 🎶 🥳️🎉 🎈🥂

@missybear – welcome back! My doctor once told me alcohol raises cholesterol (triglycerides) Well, the litre of vodka I was putting away every few days certainly raised mine.

@merryapple – I wish I knew what deals were being done, but they’ve got 14 days to sort it out. Best-case scenario would be a coalition between the ANC + the official opposition Democratic Alliance. The party which came 3rd – uMkhonto we Sizwe (‘MK’ for short) – was only formed a few months ago & they want to, among other things, scrap the Constitution 😳 I don’t know what a Harris tweed coat is? I never needed a coat in Durban, even in winter. I do have a light-ish coat now + a gas heater, which I only use in the evenings if it gets really cold. Yep, cats are very low maintenance compared to dogs. Boo Boo is being very clingy, has barely been out for more than 10 minutes & refuses to leave my lap. Which isn’t good for me because then I feel like I’m sitting too much.

@jaifaim – enjoy your day off! 🏖🍹

@leoniraats – good to see you back too! I have to agree with @jaifaim re MFP. It takes a bit of getting used to, but once the items you eat regularly are logged it’s very quick, & an eye-opener. The fact that we use kilojoules in SA doesn’t help, but just divide by 4 to get the calories. You really need to weigh calorie-dense foods. Those are the real red flags. You can plan what you’ll eat in advance so you know how many calories you’ll be consuming. I only got to maintenance after I started using MFP.

My laptop is about to die due to a lecky deficiency 😅

Sending RESOLVE to the Monday fasters! 💪 🎯

Day 3 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

Thank you all for the welcomes back. It feels good to be here again, though not so good to need to be losing the weight all over again!

@merryapple I haven’t had a break down of the cholesterol numbers, just a letter informing me of the total figure of 6. I will ask for a print out of the results.

@snowflake56 I don’t eat saturated fats or the type of food generally associated with high cholesterol so my plan is to lose weight by portion control, FDs, increasing physical activity and reducing alcohol.

@jaifaim thank you for hosting this challenge, its good to be back and the focus on exercise and reducing treats is exactly what I need.

@funshipfreddie interesting about alcohol, I always believed red wine lowered cholesterol but maybe not. Hope your power is back on, stay safe.

@at happy birthday 🥳

Pocket List⚜️🇬🇧
    @merry🍎
    @northgeorgia
    @snowflake
    @missybear
    @leoniraats

Day 3 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 230 lbs. Not sure if today will be a WFD or a FD500. Doesn’t matter as long as I stick with it. Strength to us all!

Pocket List⚜️🇬🇧
    @merry🍎
    @northgeorgia
    @snowflake
    @missybear
    @leoniraats

Day 3 – Rural Nebraska, USA

It’s 7:30am and I’m out the door for Vacation Bible School. I’ll be back when I can.

Have a grand one, everyone!

Day 3, London, UK, NFD

I’m here, I’m here!!😅🥵😅

Firstly, thank you for hosting Mindful May, @funshipfreddie …………….. I wish I had been even a little bit mindful!!!🤭 At least I learnt a bunch of stuff about food!!

Thank you for stepping up @jaifaim, Jolly June WILL be the month I get back on track!💪🏼💪🏼

So my aims for June
    -Swerve the vino, I seem to swing from 1 month of Zero Booze to practically swimming in the stuff!!! One glass = slippery slope!!
    – Actually fast successfully – knowing what I know (this WOL is easy & it works) makes me a bit too complacent ………… i.e. “my next FD will pick up the slack if I indulge in this tiny piece of cheese” ………… No, No & No!!!
    -Water, Water, & MORE WATER!!!! I’ve got to drown the dragon, I know this is the gamechanger for me (perhaps for you too @northgeorgia?)
    – exercise daily, @jaifaim, I’m with you for this challenge to up my activity and I’ve added a 50lb weight to the spreadsheet ………. Don’t panic, it’s not what I weigh!!! …… as it’s what I NEED to lose as a minimum (closer to 60lbs😳) so I’m aiming to add 7lbs to the group total!!🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼
    – I’m also planning to post on weekends, I may hate my laptop at all times except when I’m working, but if I’m going to succeed in this challenge, then I’m going to have to actually participate 100%!!!

Lovely to see some old friends back again, @missybear ………………. You are not alone, I’m re-learning how to be consistent, successful & proud of this fasting WOL💓💓 @snowflake56 your planking efforts have me in awe, well done, perhaps I’ll be at your level by the end of this challenge????

Right, back to work!!
    And so, the challenge begins ……………………..
    “The beginning is the most important part of the work.” – Plato

“Life is like riding a bicycle, to keep your balance you must keep moving…”
    Albert Einstein in a letter to his son Éduard in 1930 apparently…
    Just heard on the news that today is World Bicycle Day but this advice is timely for us all.
    One pedal after the other, one step after the other and we create the habit and keep moving forward.
    🚴‍♀️🚴‍♀️🚴‍♀️

Day 4 Antipodes NFD 73.1kg 🏃🏼‍♀️

@lilymartin, @penz, @fastingnurse Where are you all?!! I miss your early posts!!!

Had a big day on the bike yesterday. Thanks for your advice @jaifaim! I have slightly sore forearms (the dreaded tendonitis, I think) which might be related to gear changes. I try to relax my arms and hands and haven’t been changing gear as much as I’ve got fitter! Ie I’m doing the work not the bike until I hit a really steep hill. I need the bike serviced so I’ll get the guy to look at the set up since the dog seat is no longer😥 I hope your training is going well. You’re in a different league to me!!
    I’ve started with a 1 min plank and a V sit pose. I’ll attempt a side plank in a minute. I would like to perfect my lines before I go for it!!
    @flourbaby If you deal in kg rather than lbs the numbers are smaller!😊 You and I were the same overweightness!! You can do this if I can!! Better to do it when you’re younger too!!
    @stitchincarol I read your post without my glasses and thought to myself what on earth is she doing at the Vatican Bible School…🤣
    @northgeorgia And strength back!!💪
    @missybear You might find this article of interest which I posted earlier on.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4684135/#:~:text=The%20research%20is%20clear%20that,density%20lipoprotein%20(oxLDL)%20cholesterol.
    @funshipfreddie I hope you are able to receive this which will mean the power is back on… Doesn’t that mean Boo Boobis cold and you are her heater!! 😸 Harris tweed is the very rugged tweed made by hand on the Isle of Harris in the Outer Hebrides. It was very fashionable in the 50s and 60s to wear as a jacket with trousers in the winter months. Vivienne Westwood uses it. It NEVER wears out so there are a lot of men’s jackets floating around sites like EBay!!
    @leoniraats I hope todays FD goes well for you and brings your numbers down. It’s a blip that by the end of the month will be forgotten 😚
    @snowflake56 I hope your FD went well. I’m gearing up for your side planks shortly… 😬I’ve watched a video which makes it look oh so easy but when I get on the floor😵‍💫
    @excelsior12309 I’m sure you’re quietly forging ahead because of the lack of all those delicious carbs…😶

Steely RESOLVE and Swerve the Carbs💪

Day 4 – NFD – South Africa 🇿🇦
    Thank you @merry🍎 that is good advise. I survived on energy and protein bars to get through yesterday. I’m down with a few grams, 900g or something. Even if I lose just 100g every 2nd day instead of gaining or standing still I’d be happy.

Happy belated b’day @at.

They say hard work is rewarded with more work. So that’s where I’m at. Stressed and overly tired but BLESSED that I have a job. I’m sorry there’s not much time to go through posts at the moment.

Hope June treats you well.
    Have a great day everyone!

Day 4 – Ireland – FD 🚫 ✅ 🚶🏽‍♀️ 🌾.

Hi everybody the first day of the working week for me after a lovely weekend.heading into one of my super busy weeks. I’ll try an hour walk tonight. Can you get out at some point? Or in, if that’s your thing? 🚶🏽‍♀️

I have to admit now that I did not plank yesterday I took an absolute rest day, Met friends for coffee, took my nieces and nephews for ice cream and just enjoyed a lovely sunny day doing very little. I ate more than I should have, but the focus starts from today with a good FD and reduced sugars.
    I have planked this morning, starting off with 2 minutes. @snowflake56 thanks for reminding us it’s great for morning as it builds in mindfulness too…

@funshipfreddie wow that is a long time without power, the refrigerators and freezers will be a big job for so many people with a lot of food waste I would say… I hope you are reading this as it means you’ll have had power… so many businesses must be affected 🥲

How was your birthday weekend @at 🎈 ??

@missybear great to have you with us – we are all reducing most everything for different reasons but ultimately all of are at high risk of so many health threats right now that we are arming ourselves in advance with better diet and exercise. So you are in good company 💕

@northgeorgia indeed – whatever works for you 💪 either way it’s less than a NFD 🌟

@stitchincarol enjoy bible school – see you when we see you 👋 and yes @flourbaby I thought I saw Vatican too 😂
    @flourbaby so glad you’re here and great aims list for June … I feel we are all in a very positive place in that we really want some change as we set into the second half of the year.. great to see old faces and hopefully more will return.

@leoniraats wow you are busy but don’t worry about long chatty posts – we all switch between chatty and not.. even our chattiest people… that’s life. I hope today is an easier day and you can have time to sit and eat 🙏.

@merryapple the tingling could be position on the bike or obviously yes could be a bigger issue like tendinitis but rule out the setup. Also don’t worry about changing gears… I use all of mine… all the time (21) like a car.. once a gradient changes you need to respond to be more efficient, protect the chain and cycle furtherfor longer.
    Do you remember my focus last year was to get back into a super cool expensive outfit I wore 20+ years ago? No one ever thought I’d wear it again … I got into it… I was so chuffed and could still wear it now… you will have wriggle room in that jacket soon🌟 I have no doubt.

Hey ho, it’s off to work I go… but leaving you with this:
    💭
    The Choices You Make Today Will Determine the Quality of Every Tomorrow

Onward and downward ⬇️

Pocket List Day 4 🪵 (that’s a plank 😂)
    @jaifaim

Day 4, London, UK, FD,

I guess the power’s still out as @funshipfreddie is MIA!

I’ve a super busy day ahead as I’ve just finished a meeting where it was decided that 5 people would send me info to collate so I can issue an early warning notice to a client. I’m snowed under!!!

I’ll need to get my Plank On’ this evening as ‘that’ meeting was scheduled for 7:30am😳 To say I had a rude awakening is an understatement, particularly as I was awake at 1:30, 2:41 and 4:33am. I’m exhausted already!

@merryapple, I could do kgs but I think I’ll stick to lbs so I don’t think I’m doing better than I actually am!!! No weigh-in this morning as I was still asleep when I got out of the shower!🤭

I hope you get some ⚡ ASAP, @funshipfreddie, the choice to throw away food or just eat it ALL would be a nightmare scenario for me!😱😱😱

Onwards & downwards folks!!

“Success is the sum of small efforts — repeated day in and day out.”
    —Robert Collier

Day 4 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Today I have a long forgotten feeling of PFDS ☺️

@flourbaby I tend to be all or nothing with the vino too and for that reason I’m going to follow your lead and swap wine for water to see if I can shock my body into dropping a few pounds.

@merryapple thank you for the link to the article, it reinforced my disinclination towards statins.

My ancient Fitbit is charged, food intake for today is logged and I will do my brisk daily walk despite the rain. I would be happy to add 4 pounds to the team total this month and that ought to be achievable after my year long break from FDs.

Have a good day everyone 🙂

Day 4 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 229.0 lbs. Just a little more than a pound down from yesterday, but it would probably be similar had I had a WFD as opposed to a FD500. In the back of my mind, I think multiple day FD500s is more sustainable for me right now than multiple back to back WFDs. So, going to do another FD500 today. I’m hoping for some excellent results this week 🙂

I was able to read this, maybe others can too:
    https://www.nytimes.com/2024/05/06/well/eat/ultraprocessed-foods-harmful-health.html

@jaifaim
    @northgeorgia

Day 4 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

I’m here! I was busy writing my post this morning when my neighbour’s carer came knocking. My neighbour had left her key in the door last night, so the carer couldn’t get in using her own key. Then once that was sorted out, I needed to get my washing to my launderer during a brief reprieve from the rain. It’s pouring again, but the really bad weather has moved up the coast to the north of Durban. They even had a tornado yesterday.

The power is back! 💡 Finally, at 6:30 pm last night. But, @jaifaim, I was seriously discombobulated. After half an hour I realised the fridge wasn’t making that humming sound it usually makes when it’s doing its job. The light came on when I opened the door though. The water wasn’t getting hot. The microwave wasn’t working, even though the light was on. My new toaster was kapput. The bathroom light wasn’t working. Everything else, TV, wifi & lights/sockets seemed to be okay though. I’ve heard about these power surges that can occur after a power outage ends, & your appliances can get fried if they’re plugged in. So, I wasn’t happy. I was still busy trying to calculate how much it was going to cost me to replace or repair everything, & Googling ‘do I need a plumber or an electrician if my geyser is kapput?’ at around 9 pm, when the power went off again! Then it came back on again after about 10 minutes. Suddenly the fridge was humming. I checked the microwave/toaster. Both working again. The water eventually heated up. I was ecstatic. Really strange though. Don’t know what to make of it. Had they been sending me low-quality lecky for a few hours? 😅 I’m clueless with stuff like this, but I thought your power is either on or it’s off? I’ll have to ask my neighbours if they had similar experiences. But, silver lining. With all the running around I racked up +11,600 steps!

@merryapple – I guess I am Boo Boo’s heater, but she loves me a lot too 😻 I checked out the Harris Tweed jackets. Very stylish, but eye-wateringly expensive?! Maybe a 2nd hand one one day, unless I win the lottery. I need to get my garage door motor fixed, so that’s my priority right now.

@flourbaby – nothing thrown away, fortunately. Apart from a half-bag of ice-cubes my friends left, there was just some rye bread & I’ve re-frozen it.

@stitchincarol – ‘vacation bible school’ – a contradiction in terms?! 😅

@missybear – congrats on the PFDS! 💪

@northgeorgia – interesting article, thanks!

Some devastating side-effects of the new weight-loss drugs 😳
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13476883/woman-weight-loss-drug-bowel-injury-lawsuit.html

@jaifaim
    @flourbaby
    @northgeorgia

Day 4, Germany, FD

I’m late today as my laptop had no access to the internet from yesterday afternoon until this afternoon. We have no idea what caused it but everything seems to be working again.

Yesterday’s FD went well despite having to attend a buffet after the evening dance class. I didn’t eat anything there and only drank water. I’m not hungry so I’m doing another FD today.

@flourbaby Did you buy your Victorian dream house?

@merryapple and @flourbaby Side planks are the hardest to do, I think, it’s difficult to stay balanced. I use a cushion under my elbows.

@funshipfreddie Glad you got back the power. Does it happen often or once in a while? It must have been nerv wracking.

@missybear Is a high cholesterol level common in your family? My LDL level is slightly up, but HDL level is high enough to even it out.

@jaifaim Well done on the 2 minute planks. I never found out, how much time is the most effective so I try to get to 8 min in total. I’m at 5 min now.

@jaifaim
    @flourbaby
    @northgeorgia
    @snowflake56

Have nice day everyone!

Day 4 – USA/TN

Yesterday was my first official fast day in ages! I’m going for 800 rather than 500 calories. Hopefully, I will stick to my guns and do 2 a week to see if logging on MFP again and recording what I eat will help shuffle these extra lbs.

Day 5 – Ireland – FD 🚫 ✅ 🚶🏽‍♀️ 🌾.

Dis dhaiobh!
    An Irish hello this morning. Thinking of my fellow Irish faster @daffodil2010 – hope you are ok. 🌼
    I’m up early and off to plank and then to work. Busy days but feeling good generally.
    Hi @metatauta – way to go! Good to have you back! 🌟
    @snowflake56 a B2B FD – bravo to you! And for swerving the buffet options – never easy when food is on tap. 👏
    I can’t remember what I got to previously with my planks but 2mins yesterday was tough tough! Fair play to you holding for 5 – I’m impressed and inspired. Will keep trying to build ⏰
    @northgeorgia well done! B2B2B that’s incredible and there is no doubt that you will see results after that effort… maybe delayed but it will come ✔️
    @funshipfreddie great use of the word 😂 and a discombobulating time for you indeed! I don’t understand how you can have some power to an appliance but not full power… how bizarre … but I’d say the sense of relief after the second outage was enormous…
    Strange weather everywhere it seems.. 7 degrees here today and feeling like 3…I’ll walk rather than cycle today – aiming for an hour.
    @flourbaby did you get your plank on? And I hope the pressure eases 🙏 love the quote… small efforts – little be little…. Slowly slowly 🙊
    Well done on feeling PFDS @missybear 🌟 that’s what we all want to feel so bravo to you! Definitely feeling the mojo exuding from across the Irish Sea 😄

Not the best FD for me yesterday… going again today as out tomorrow evening.

Very quiet in the southern hemisphere – I hope everyone is ok. 💕

Onward and downward ⬇️

Pocket List Day 5 🐪
    @jaifaim

Day 5, Germany, CD

Did my 5 min planks but couldn’t do more after a hard exercise class yesterday. Today I only have my line-dance class as we had to stop working in the charity shop because of time issues. We now go there irregularly to clear out things or do a bit of cleaning.

@jaifaim Isn’t it great to fit in clothes you wore a long, long time ago. I have a lot of things that I don’t fit in and probably never will again. I tend to buy more clothes when I’m slim as I always have the illusion I’ll stay at that weight forever. Well, I didn’t hence I’m here again.

@metatauta How did your first FD go?

Day 5 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

Still raining here?! And cold?! my phone says ’17 C, feels like 15′, but it, feels more like 10 to me 🥶️ And the power went off again yesterday, 2 or 3 times, I lost count. So far so good today 🤞

@snowflake56 – unscheduled power outages are rare (usually). I think these recent ones have been weather-related. But we’ve been having ‘loadshedding’ on & off for about 10 years. Mainly due to poor management, corruption & sabotage. If demand outstrips supply, then they have to shut down part of the power grid to protect it from total failure. They’re scheduled though, so you usually know well in advance via an app or sms, & they don’t normally last for more than a couple of hours, depending on where you live. Many people have now got solar panels or/and inverters, but they’re really expensive. We’ve had no loadshedding for two months. Some cynical people believe the recent election had something to do with that 😅

@jaifaim – I’ve been wondering about @daffodil2010 too, & @i-hate-lettuce. I hope they’re okay. I must try a plank one day. Maybe 😳 But the line-dancing will keep me on my toes today, so to speak. I don’t mind walking in the rain, but not when it’s this windy too.

Almost line-dancing time 🕺 Happy Hump Day! 🐫

Second post… a correction to damn auto correct… obv the phone doesn’t understand gaelic 😖 😂
    Took the opportunity to add “friends” to the end:

Dia dhaoibh a chairde! 👋

Day 5, London, UK, FD800

I seem to be slipping into FD800’s without much thought, perhaps it’ll be easier for me as I won’t have to think or menu plan too much, focus is on swerving the vino 🍷and drowning 💧 that dragon!🐉🐉

I’ll have to update the spreadsheet today (-3lbs!!🥳🥳), that too will keep me on track🙏🏼I must remember how good this success feels!!

@funshipfreddie – ‘low quality lekkie’…..🤣🤣🤣, Good to know you haven’t suffered those appliance losses!!! You would be on a long list of those suing the lekkie company, no doubt!!!

@snowflake56, no Victorian semi for me unless I win the lottery, but I’m in the process of buying a 1930’s semi on one of my favourite roads!!🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

I’m struggling with planking! Mornings are too hectic, evenings I’m too tired after walking with Leslie (perhaps before Leslie?? Otherwise, I’m contemplating heading to the underused boardroom at lunchtime!!😜

@jaifaim, I don’t know where to start with that!!! Can we have a phonetic pronunciation/translation???

I refuse to mention the weird weather ………………… sunglasses, Factor 50 PLUS raincoat & umbrella are in the car!!!

“All great changes are preceded by chaos.” – Deepak Chopra

day 5-No. VA USA-FD 800

I am here. Weight slowly going down again (i.e., down 1/2 # from the weekend); I find that doing the FD 800 works pretty well for me; hopefully will also work for you, @metatauta and @flourbaby!
    @funshipfreddie, I hope you get your power supply sorted out. We purchased a generator years ago which is installed outside, and runs on propane, for when our power goes out, which is fairly often. The generator has paid itself off many times over the years by now.
    @snowflake56, I know the feeling of the different clothing sizes in the closet…very aggravating at times!
    Happy fasting today!

Day 5 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 228 lbs. I think I’ll be peer pressured into lunch tomorrow, but today should be ok for another FD500.

Pocket List Day 5 🐪
    @jaifaim
    @flourbaby
    @excelsior12309
    @northgeorgia

Day 5 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Late post today, I’ve had a busy day and almost forgot.

@flourbaby congrats on your loss!

This is a quick visit from me, I need to get dinner ready. Be back tomorrow to join the Thursday fasters.

Day 5 – USA/TN

Hoping to do another FD tomorrow 6/6…with me, planning and being accountable is the key. I have been investigating high protein and recipes with cottage cheese…this week is filled with extra work days due to co-workers’ vakay, and I have a commitment to watch a friend’s puppy for the next 4 days, which will take me out of my home, my routines, etc. But I plan to do another FD tomorrow, and I’m confident it will pan out. Noticed a 1.2 lb. loss just in one day, but you know how that goes…I can gain/lose up to 5 lbs. in one day, depending on food and water intake. Cheers to everyone tomorrow for whoever is fasting, and all the rest who are mindful of what they are eating!

Day 6 NZ FD 73.9kg???

I lost y’day’s post because I took too long to send it and I wasn’t signed in by the time I submitted it…

@ccco How are you? Hopefully you have had or are having a wonderful time in New York!!
    @funshipfreddie I’m glad you’re fully charged and good to go!! I have a resister on my circuit board which prevents a power surge from blowing up the electronics etc in the house. I lost a computer in the early days because of a surge.
    @excelsior12309 Your accumulative total is looking so good! Everything is paying off just like your generator!! But no carbs… 😫
    I had 2 half slices of cake (carrot and chocolate mud) lurking in the house – gifts which I had been treasuring! However I decided to dispatch them y’day. Yes I know, @flourbaby ‘I am not a bin’. But they weren’t binnable so what was I to do…? And now they’re gone😀Well done on the demerit points too. I look forward to reports of someone stumbling on a body in the boardroom in the Daily Mail, which it turns out is miraculously still breathing!!
    @jaifaim Love the gaelic greeting or in Scotland, the gallic. I absolutely remember discussions about your outfit and am delighted to hear once again it is wearable!!. I notice flares are coming back in. I nearly amputated my leg at the knee when I was running up the steel capped steps in the London Underground during rush hour in the early 1980s. I got the toe of my shoe stuck in the hem of my trousers and landed on my knee on the steel capping. It was so painful I couldn’t talk or move for about 5 minutes…
    I did a variety of planks y’day morning. What is becoming obvious is that I need to increase my upper body strength across my shoulders so I can do the core planks better. It’s a process… My legs and lungs are so much fitter now thanks to the hills, and I don’t worry about them.

There’s a great Pocket List today. More power to the people💪

Pocket List ⚡️
    @flourbaby
    @funshipfreddie
    @jaifaim
    @leoniraats
    @merryapple
    @northgeorgia
    @metatauta

Day 6, Germany, FD

No dance or sport classes for the next few days as we’ll have to go to another town for a few days.

@jaifaim I’m not fond of buffets, I just don’t like the sight of so much food. No temptation at all for me.

@funshipfreddie I’m glad we don’t have any power issues here, I don’t think I could stay as calm as you seem to have been.

@excelsor12309 I can’t throw out some clothes I’ll probably won’t fit in after losing weight but they are too nice and were too expensive and well made to throw out.

@flourbaby I love 1930’s houses, they are the most sought after in the Netherlands. Unfortunately in a lot of them they took out all the authentic features like the sliding doors, tiles, paneling and decorative ceilings.

Time to get out of bed and do some planks.

Pocket List ⚡️
    @flourbaby
    @funshipfreddie
    @jaifaim
    @leoniraats
    @merryapple
    @northgeorgia
    @metatauta
    @snowflake56

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 194 total)

You must be logged in to reply.