FLY in JULY🧨 2024

This topic contains 323 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  AT 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 24 posts - 301 through 324 (of 324 total)

• Sorry @merryapple I meant “challenge“ rather than sheet 🙃 – I can’t do that on my phone and work security means my laptop can’t post to forums, google sheets etc.
    Thanks so much Merry 🍎! ⭐️
    Maunga? Specific place (ancestral mountain)?

Day 30 UK NFD

On a train off to visit Yorkshire first stop FIL who seems to be doing well these days , then late lunch with friends , I’ll aim to make good choices

Good idea @jaifaim re August

Have a good day all

Day 30 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – CD – sort of

So much for best-laid plans. I’ve now got a lunch date AND dinner at a neighbours tonight. I think I can still pull off a CD though.

@stitchincarol – not a bad quantity of food for a NFD. But the quality – not so great. Some fruit & veg, I think? For the fibre, at least 🤔 South Africans are mad for beef jerky, but they call it ‘biltong’ here. Or ‘droëwors’ for the dried sausage. I can eat it – it’s a good carb-free snack – but it’s not something I ever think of buying.

@bert1802 – good job for the successful FD! 👏

@merryapple – you’re a busy bee! 😅 71.2?! 🎯 I think @jaifaim is referring to setting up the August challenge – thank you @jaifaim – & thanks @merryapple for the August spreadsheet 🙏

I’ve got a hectic Thursday, including having to incarcerate Boo Boo at the cattery. Which I think I find more traumatic than she does. And then I’m away for a few days from Friday.

“The desire to fly is an idea handed down to us by our ancestors who, in their gruelling travels across trackless lands in prehistoric times, looked enviously on the birds soaring freely through space, at full speed, above all obstacles, on the infinite highway of the air.” ~ Wilbur Wright

August challenge is ready for posts – see you there!
    https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/atomic-august-🟢🔵🟡

Day 30 – USA/GA – NFD

The salad day was pretty good at work, but someone brought CAKE! We could not say no LOL

A light supper did me for the evening; probably gained half a pound or so. There’s a working lunch today at a meeting I’m going to…usually a sandwich, so that’s alright. I might make tomorrow my FD, and if it falls through, I have Thursday in reserve.

Day 30 St. Louis

We went to two different music publishers yesterday after coffee and I spent over three hours looking at and choosing organ music, SO much fun for me, and DH was gracious about it all. That meant it was nearly four o’clock by the time we went to our planned restaurant, turning the day into OMAD for me–and I couldn’t even eat half my hamburger. I nonetheless feel as if I’m steadily gaining…? Oh well, I’ll see what the scales say after vacation, and save worry for then.

Today is a museum day and time by the pool as it’s going to be hot, hot, hot.

@funshipfreddie Yeah, veggies are woefully absent from most restaurant meals unless you’re ordering a salad. How do you purposefully get veggies; do you order salads regularly? As to the jerky, it was actually pork, tender and tasty, and a definite vacation treat, as I generally don’t buy it.

Thanks, @jaifaim, for setting up August!

Have a grand one, everyone.

Day 30 North Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Had the shock of my life when I got on the scales this morning. I was 166lb on the 1st July and this morning I was 156lb. So glad I decided to join this forum again and thank you so much for all of your support and @merryapple for hosting. I am not expecting to lose as much next month as I know the weight loss will slow down but I am feeling inspired. Mega inspired to continue. I have totally recovered from the COVID. My husband is slowly getting better too. I am hoping that he will test negative by the weekend as my youngest daughter, granddaughter, partner and his whole family are having a holiday close to where we live. I am hoping to see them every day.

@stitchincarol enjoy the museum and the pool. I can’t remember the last time I sat by a pool when hot. I thought your NFD food choices were good but lacking in fibre. Fibre is so good as it fills you up and it is so good for you. I agree that when eating out it is very difficult to get high fibre meals. I would have been like you with the wine on holiday though.

@northgeorgia I would struggle to say no to cake too. 😂

@jaifaim thank you for hosting the August challenge. I will definitely be there.

@brightonbelle enjoy your trip to Yorkshire.

@merryapple enjoy your spinning class. My sister in law spins. She loves it.

@snowflake56 hope you enjoy your birthday brunch,

@northgeorgia I have never heard of an endler I have heard of all the other things that you have out in your tanks.

@funshipfreddie hope you manage a control day today with all your dates today.

Wishing everyone a lovely day today and a successful last day tomorrow.

Stay strong 💪 together we can do it

Day 31 15.20 Wed NZ NFD 🏃‍♀️71.0kg

I ended up being 600gm down which is 1.3lbs. That’s 1 & 1/3 blocks of butter per volume!!
    I’m hoping that’s off my internal organs because there’s no noticeable external change!!

@jaifaim I get it now!! Thank you!! I think we can easily manage a month of being pretty much on auto pilot if you set up the introductory challenge. Then it takes the pressure off you esp if you’re busy.
    Well done on your low maintenance number!! I imagine your trips to France need more leeway due to delicious French cuisine😁
    Maunga is the Māori word for mountain. It also takes on a spiritual significance if it’s you’re ‘home’ mountain. Ours is Maungawhau – mountain of the Whau tree, an NZ native that has incredibly light wood (like Balsa) despite it’s big green leaves. It was used to make fishing floats, buoys and rafts. Aka Mount Eden.
    @molij That’s a wonderful result and a bonus for having to be ill!! As @jaifaim always says “We rise by lifting others” and we will all bask the glow of your successful month!!!
    I’m half way through my next spinning project with the silver Gotland wool. I’ve got quite a lot of homespun wool to knit up for people and for various projects but I quite like just spinning too!!
    @stitchincarol Jerky or biltong is not something NZers particularly eat unless you belong to the 🇿🇦 community or are a West Highland dog (mmm chewy, meaty…) Keep enjoying your holiday in the gorgeous hot weather!! I’ll be imagining you holding on to a cocktail with a fruity umbrella garnish while lounging around on a blowup yellow duckling or a pink flamingo floating in the middle of the pool🤣
    @snowflake56 I think glutamate is not really used here now. That sounds like an awful reaction…
    We spent a very happy month living in Rotterdam when Billy had a big exhibition at the Witte de Wit Center for Contemporary Art. They have changed the institute’s name now because WdeW (Trans Whitey the White!!) was a pirate-like character on the high seas. History is being sanitized…
    @bert1802 Well done on pulling everything together. You have had a big month!! I hope the scales bear fruit for you too!!
    @ccco You have had an extraordinary month… I’m so impressed with your positivity. You so deserve a big happy birthday party next month!!
    @northgeorgia Are endlers inbred sterile guppies??!! I just had to ask!!! Well done you for managing to turn your eating habits around. It feels like from afar you are definitely getting back in control!!
    @brightonbelle Enjoy your Yorkshire train trip. It’s making me think of all those great Yorkshire classic recipes!! I love the train because I knit and look out the window!! But it sounds like you’ll be making plans for Atomic August!!!
    @metatauta I hope the month has finished well for you too despite that bout of food poisoning…
    @excelsior12309 I’m hoping you might have snuck down a pound in the last couple of days!!
    @funshipfreddie Oooh Enjoy your holiday!! A 3kg maintenance zone doesn’t sound that much but if you translate it into 6.6lbs there’s definitely more wiggle room!! And I hope your CD works out!!

I’m hoping our semi-absent friends @at, @flourbaby and @leoniraats are going to join us for Atomic August along with welcoming anyone fresh and new!!

Pocket List🦊
    @at
    @molij

P.S. from @merry🍎

I hope you’re all feeling, if not looking Fly in July and are ready to mushroom into Atomic August.
    See y’all there!!

Here’s the sheet link
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XjKf59ptWZPqUur45jd75n4kPX5YSc54lus5prEivZM/edit

Day 31, Germany, NFD

What a mess, my weight is up 1.9 kg this month.

@molij Well done, what a success! I hope your husband will get a negative test result so you both can enjoy having your family near you. The birthday brunch was boring, too much talk about politics for a birthday party.

@merryapple How lovely you stayed in Rotterdam and your husband had an exposition there. I know the street and the gallery but haven’t been there lately. Yes, people can be famous for what they did in one century and despised in another one. Thank you for guiding us through this month, you were great!

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 31 NZ 2nd post

@snowflake56 Thank you!!
    Try doing a basic 5:2 fastdiet for one week with simple food. You know the routine!! I am sure your weight will come down quickly in a couple of days. 5-6 days ago I was up 1+kg and pulled it back. If I can do it you can!! 💪

Day 31 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD 70.8 kg

Well, not sure if the CD went exactly to plan. Dinner was 3 courses! Up 0.3 kg for the month, so still – just – at maintenance.

@stitchincarol – I don’t usually order salads or veggies with my lunch. The eggs/toast usually comes with avo or mushrooms though. I’m not really a fan of veggies, but I love fruit. Getting the ‘5 a day’ (at home) is surprisingly easy though, because a portion of fruit/veg is only 80 g. So a regular-sized apple would count as 2 portions. Then I usually have a little fruit with yogurt, e.g. blueberries or banana. And some mixed veg with dinner. I eat carrot most days too, but I only like it if it’s raw.

@molij – wow?! Congratulations! 🥳️ 🎯

@merryapple – thanks so much for hosting Fly in July🧨️ 💐

See y’all in Atomic ⚛️ August

“The sky is not a place, it’s a feeling.” Anon

Day 31-No. VA USA-FD

Ending the month on a fast day, and looking forward to Atomic August. Things have been quite hectic in the office this past month. Thank you @merryapple for hosting July; and thanks to @jaifaim for setting up our explosively, highly energetic month of August!
    Definitely will need to focus, to get going downward again for the last pounds. The end of July saw me having some wine and some mixed drinks from time to time, and that does not help…Status quo, not acceptable in August!
    Down we go, everyone.

Day 31 – Ireland – FD 🚫 ✅ 🚶🏽‍♀️ 🌾
    153.4lbs
    Hi all, very glad to check in on the last day in maintenance range. This has been a very very very slow process…to actually reach and stay in maintenance – with a few days straying out because of fun times… the aim in August will be to stay in range and from then on be a maintainer…
    Swam this morning in beautiful weather and clear blue sea… was just lovely.
    @molij – just fabulous! Well done to you! A huge effort and result this month. ⭐️ I hope you can enjoy the time with family close by to your house 🏡💕
    @northgeorgia it’s hard to say no to cake! Challenges all around. Have a good FD 👍
    @stitchincarol enjoy the holidays and you can focus when you are back to routine. ⭐️
    @merryapple a lot of butter! It’s great to think about the weight you’ve lost in that way… Yes… we can tick along nicely in August with everyone pitching in. Thank you for your fabulous hosting this month! We just flew it as we say here! 🤗
    So Maungawhau is Mount Eden? I love learning a little about our differ t countries and cultures. 🇳🇿
    @snowflake56 that is probably just a blip… I had one last week… big increase to 159 after fun with friends (and alcohol!!). August is yours 🙏
    @ccco so inspired by you and your positivity! ⭐️⭐️⭐️

@funshipfreddie well done on maintaining 👍 I love vegetables and veggie dishes and can eat them as a snack although am also a fan of meat, fish etc. And fruit… ok I like food!!! 😂😂

Ok… have a great day everyone and see you tomorrow.

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 31 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in 232 lbs. Endlers… as far as I understand they are a certain genetic expression of guppies. I started with three full-sized guppies originally, and nearly a decade of generations later, I’m left with Endlers. I prefer them because they are more than half the size of a guppy and still have interesting patterns and colors. Larger than neon tetras, but not by much, maybe 1 cm longer or so.

Anyway, it should be a good FD today. There is an afternoon retirement reception, but I will try to avoid the goodies. If it doesn’t work out, then I’ll postpone the FD until tomorrow.

Pocket list – day 31
    @excelsior12309
    @jaifaim
    @northgeorgia

2nd Post – Day 31

@merryapple – please could you take a look at the new spreadsheet? It’s on ‘read only’, thank you!

Day31 UK NFD

Hopped on scales before I left home yesterday and I was 1 – 2 lbs down for the month which I’ll take Thanks for hosting @merry🍎

See you all in August

USA. Day 31

I can’t believe July is over! For me, the last few months have been more than I normally would handle, so August is going to be a quiet peaceful month for me. I need it! :). Thank you, Merryapple for your thoughts and I am very much looking forward to that birthday! 🥳👍🏻

Hope everyone is having a great day! 😊

Day 31 North Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Decided not to do a fast day today, I am going to do one tomorrow. It’s been a very stressful morning. My husband and I help to run a local dog club and one of our member’s puppy went missing on a walk yesterday. I have spent ages on social media sharing posts and making posts to share. I do hope the puppy is found. Unfortunately it does look like someone has taken her 😢
    Thank you all for your kind comments about my weight loss. I was heavier than normal when I got back from holiday so that weight probably came off quick. I have tried to stick to the original 5:2 diet on fast days, eating around 500 calories. Cutting out wine in the week probably helped too as well as not going silly at the weekend.

@ccco I cannot believe July is over either. Where has this year gone.

@jaifaim can’t wait until I can be in maintenance range.

@brightonbelle well done on your weight loss.

@merryapple congratulations on your weight loss.

@snowflake56 I love a political chat, but if I have one with my sister we end up arguing. We have such opposing political views😂

@northgeorgia thank you for your explanation of what an Endler is.

@funshipfreddie well done for still being at maintenance.

Stay strong 💪 together we can do it.

Second post

I cannot access the August spread sheet.

Apologies! Try the sheet now…
    I can never quite get it right… and can’t remember from one month to the next what to tick…😵‍💫

Day 31…. Florida……CD

My apologies, I’ve been rather preoccupied as of late. I’m finishing out the month down a few pounds. Sticking strictly to a 16:8, getting in FD when I can and when I can’t trying to be a very calorie controlled.

Hoping next month, I can get on here more consistently

Day 31 – USA-TN NFD

Alas, I had tons of sodium yesterday, which resulted in a gain of 3lbs! Clocked in on the last day of July at 145, although I know it’s temporary. Thank you, @merryapple, and whoever else posted about the food poisoning incident…I am much better. I only had about 3 FDs this month, but it’s 3 days more than I’ve had in quite a while. My outlook for August is that I will slide below 140 and hopefully maintain from then on. Thank you for hosting July, @merryapple, and thank you @jaifaim, for volunteering for August! @ccco, all the best to you! Your enthusiasm and gentle downplaying of your recent illness is an inspiration to me!

Despite a month of poor control and not a lot of FD I managed to end the month 1.1kg down so feeling inspired for August

See you all on the August Challenge

Viewing 24 posts - 301 through 324 (of 324 total)

You must be logged in to reply.