FLY in JULY🧨 2024

This topic contains 323 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  AT 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 324 total)

• Day 24 UK NFD

Going well this week , managing to eat sensibly but not over stress about it and really enjoying getting back to some challenging yoga

Bad news re the covid @molij Hope you’re on the mend soon

2nd Post – Day 24

Pocket list – Day 24
    @snowflake56
    @molij Perhaps?
    @northgeorgia
    @excelsior12309 FD800

Day 25, Germany, CD

Despite a lot of FDs, my weight stays about the same, a bit up, a bit down. But I know it will go down if I just keep going on.

@molij I hope, everything went well yesterday and you’re starting to feel better.

@jaifaim We also have the white ones but I remember a pale pink variety. I like working in the garden but this year I didn’t do much because of the constant rain we had. In September we have to cut back a lot of trees and shrubs.

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 25 – Ireland – FD 🚫 ✅ 🚶🏽‍♀️ 🌾

Hi all!
    @bert1802 – music to your ears!!! What a lovely compliment to receive. 💕 well done to you!
    Good work 👩‍🎨 @stitchincarol & Co 👏
    A great sense of achievement I’m sure!

@brightonbelle great to hear you are back in the zone. I’m not doing too badly after the weekend blip but very much getting back to daily time out for myself too – not quite back to yoga 🧘‍♀️ but mindful exercise / breathing etc.
    My planks have fallen off to need to get back to them and today is the day..

@molij glad to hear you were a little better yesterday.
    @snowflake56 I am the same here… love getting into the garden and losing hours but it just has not happened that much this year… hopefully a few weeks of good weather might come later in August but I am not holding my breath… 😊

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 25 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

Lunch was a leisurely 2 hour event yesterday. I think we should do it more often 😅 And apart from two or three people having a glass of wine, I was surprised – & relieved – that no-one ordered dessert, because I’m sure I would have been tempted. Although if I go for lunch alone I don’t even think about dessert.

@merryapple, @jaifaim – you’re welcome! 🤪🎄 They were playing Christmas music on the radio for some strange reason; then I heard the presenter say something about ‘Christmas in July’?! Like it doesn’t come round quick enough? Between the shops & TV commercials, I’ve usually heard enough Christmas music by December 10th 🥴️

@molij, @merryapple – norovirus?! I used to wonder how you knew you had that, as opposed to a regular tummy upset. But when it hits you there is no doubt whatsoever! 🤮 I only got it once, on a HAL ship. It was the worst outbreak in Holland America history. And apart from our usual duties we had to spend days sanitising the ship & serving food, because the buffet-style self-service was halted.

Fast day today 😒 And maybe two more before month-end 🎯

“The air up there in the clouds is very pure and fine, bracing and delicious. And why shouldn’t it be? – it is the same the angels breathe.” ~ Mark Twain

Pocket List – Day 25 🍋
    @merry🍎
    @at FD800
    @jaifaim
    @funshipfreddie

Day 25 NZ Thurs 9.40pm FD 71.6kg 🏃‍♀️

I’ve had a great day! I went to the annual Auckland Food Fair on a FD… Yes I know… We had fun and tried lots of wee samples of food and drink and I came home with smoked cheese, chorizo, whisky, fresh chillies and vegetables!!

@jaifaim Perhaps I should have said I went back to sleep. I was awake in the night thinking about the list of things I have to do… Great to hear you are back trucking along after a good weekend with your friends!! I try to especially remember to do planks on the days I don’t walk.
    @bert1802 That’s a lovely compliment!! And inspiring for you!!
    @stitchincarol Wow that’s a big fence!! Enjoy your family and don’t worry too much about 5:2!!
    @brightonbelle That’s lovely to hear your week is going well for you.
    @funshipfreddie A 2 hr lunch and no pudding… You must have had a lot to talk about😄
    @snowflake56 That’s the spirit – keeping up your good habits will deliver for you!!
    @northgeorgia You’re sounding like you have done a U turn!! Well done!!
    @molij Sending you get well thoughts🌼
    @excelsior12309, @metatauta and @ccco I hope you are going well for these last few days😃
    @at, @flourbaby, @leoniraats👋 We all hope to see you reappear soon!!

Steely RESOLVE one and all!! esp moi…

Pocket list
    @at
    @funshipfreddie
    @merry🍎

Day 25 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 229 lbs. July target met! Now to keep on the path downward. 10 more pounds to lose to get to my low weight of the year, 219. Just 22 more to get to my low weight from two years back while on this WOL. And 26 more to be no longer considered “obese.” All is within reach in less than a year.

For now, I’ve given up WFDs which is helping me stay more disciplined on NFDs like today.

Day 25-No. VA USA-FD800
    Trying to keep on the healthy eating plan. Weight is stable, but at least it is lowest in years; still have about 7 pounds to go to reach my goal. My birthday is today (74!!!) but we will celebrate on Sunday. Weather remains very warm and humid, but will cool off a bit this afternoon. My lawn grass is sooo high I think we will need to bring in goats to get it down to a height it can be mowed. Good thing we don’t live in a development where people stare at your lawn and report you to the homeowner’s association.

@snowflake56, I think we have hit the weight loss “doldrums”, where very little moves. But we shall persist and we shall succeed!

@northgeorgia, congratulations on breaking through at last! It is an accomplishment, for sure!

@funshipfreddie, your two hour lunch sounds fun. I probably would have been one of the wine-drinkers…
    Onward and downward, everyone!

Day 25 UK FD

Way behind schedule today , put myself on the list will catch up on posts later

Pocket List – Day 25 🍋
    @merry🍎
    @at FD800
    @jaifaim
    @funshipfreddie
    @excelsior12309
    @brightonbelle

Happy birthday @excelsior12309 🎈🎈🎈

From me also Happy birthday @excelsior12309, enjoy your day!

Day 24, 25 – USA/TN – NFD

Bouncing around from 142 to 143…hoping to end up at 141 or so, where I was at the beginning of the month, though I believe it was a fluke weight because of the food poisoning.

Day 26 NZ 5pm Friday NFD 72kg 🏃‍♀️

O me misery! (Latin trans: Oh woe is me!) Up 500gm after attending the food festival on a FD… I got up early and did a solo walk so it would be a fast walk… I’m eating normally today and I might do a FD tomorrow.

I have a funeral to attend tomorrow for a neighbour and friend. She died horrifically after standing next to a heater wearing acrylic clothing and went up in flames (not the heater). She had 20 days in the burns unit but succumbed to sepsis. Her family are utterly devastated not the least because as a grandmother she looked after one of her daughter’s 4 children so she could go to work after her flakey English financier husband went back to Hong Kong.

@excelsior12309 Have a very happy birthday today and a great party on Sunday!!!💐🥂🍰

Everybody’s a wee bit in a holding pattern this month including me.
    It will be the first time I haven’t managed a kg loss in the month… I’ll have to pull up my socks for the last 5 days to achieve any loss at all☹️

Extra Steely RESOLVE…💪

Pocket List
    @at
    @molij
    @snowflake56

Day 26, Germany, FD

It’s raining again but I have enough to do inside the house. The old billiard room carpet is dry again, it looks fine. Yesterday morning we put the bookcases flat on the carpet in an attempt to get the folds out, in the evening it already looked better.

@merryapple What a terrible way to die. I worked at the burns unit as a nurse a long time ago, it was one of the most difficult things I ever did.

@jaifaim I have to do my planks first thing in the morning otherwise I forget to do them.

@excelsior12309 I hope you enjoyed your small birthday celebration! We know our weight will go down eventually, it’s just a phase.

@molij I missed your post yesterday, I hope you’re fine and just busy.

Pocket list day 26
    @merryapple
    @at FD800
    @molij
    @snowflake56

2nd post

Sorry @merryapple, I accidently added you to the pocket list

Pocket list day 26
    @at FD800
    @molij
    @snowflake56

Day 27 – Ireland – CD 🚫 ✅ 🚶🏽‍♀️ 🌾
    154.4lbs

Hi all! I am pretty relieved to see my numbers this morning. This past 10 day stretch has been a struggle FD wise… there just seems to be something to tempt me every day… not necessarily sweet treats etc but delicious dinners, a nice snack and the odd cocktail with friends. I’m mostly AF except for special occasions and last weekend was very much a special weekend with very good friends.
    So.. amazingly on my scales this morning, I note I’m back in maintenance range.. I don’t know how… but I’m not going to query it too much. 😜🫢 but just to say… just keep on keeping on… the work you do now… will stand to you in a few weeks 👍 That’s my takeaway anyway!

I have increased my daily exercise and feel so much better for it. Had the most lovely sunny and hilly short cycle early this morning and feel alive 😀. Now to work… boo hoo!

Oh my @merryapple – how dreadfully awful – the poor poor lady – what a terrible way to die. I am so sad for you. There really are no words 💕 but thinking of you.

@snowflake56 I did not realise you also were in the medical profession. I have the utmost respect and admiration for you all I have to say. I’m off to do a quick plank… you are so right. 🌅

@funshipfreddie what a beautiful quote… it made me think of my dad… He loved nothing more than being outdoors travel so can imagine him up there flying around 🥰 ✈️. Your lunch date sounded just perfect.

Ok best dash… have so much to do today as well as work and travel home to mum. Very much looking forward to seeing beautiful Paris tonight for the Olympics opening ceremony. My friends say it has been incredibly quiet there this past week with the river completely cordoned off and police and army in place but it is all set to change now… 😬 Let the games begin! I was at London 2012 and it was an amazing experience. I had to stop myself skipping over to Paris…. 🛑

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 26 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD 70.8 kg

@excelsior12309 – 🎵 Happy Birthday to You! 🎶 🥳️ 🎈🎉🥂

@northgeorgia, @jaifaim – well done! 💪

@merryapple – 😅 yes, we always seem to have a lot to talk about. There are a couple of serious chatterboxes in the group. We only have a short break during line-dancing, & most of us only see each other once a week. And our instructor Marie – retired school teacher – gets quite cross when people waste time talking between dances. But she’s got the patience of a saint. A food festival on a FD – what could go wrong?! 🤣 I need to pull up my socks too if I want to at least end the month as I started it 🤐

@snowflake56 – you get up early?! I think SA & Germany are in the same time zone at this time of year, but it would still be pitch dark here at the time you posted.

Happy Fri-yay, & sending RESOLVE to the Friday fasters 🎯

“If you want to fly, you have to give up the things that weigh you down.”

Day 26 North Wales FD

Thank you all for your best wishes. I am feeling much much better. Hoping for an 800 calorie and below FD today. I usually aim for under 500 but as this is my third FD this week and still testing positive for Covid I am going to take it a bit easier today. The headache, dizziness and the sweating have gone. I have just got a bit of a snuffle.

@jaifaim glad you are maintaining. Enjoy watching the opening ceremony of the Olympics.

@snowflake56 glad your carpet is dry and starting to flatten.

@merryapple what a horrific death for your poor neighbour. Thinking of you and her family today. 😢
    Well done for showing great restraint when you went to the Auckland food fair. I love a good food fair. It’s so nice to sample lots of local produce.

@excelsior12309 happy belated birthday 🎂 I hope you had a lovely day. Wow, you are so close to your goal weight. I am sure it will start to go down again soon.

@northgeorgia well done on meeting your July target. You too do not have much more weight to lose.

@brightonbelle I am glad your week has gone well.

Hoping all of you fasting or not have a really good day and a lovely weekend. ☀️🌈

It’s not about perfect. It’s about effort. And when you bring that effort every single day, that’s where transformation happens. (Jillian Michaels)

Pocket list day 26
    @at FD800
    @molij
    @snowflake56

Day 26 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 232 lbs. Oops, number is back up… just food in the belly, lots of veggies yesterday so I don’t expect any major gains over the weekend if I keep things under control.

Day 26 UK NFD

Ok managed to get myself back to where I was after the first week and aiming to stay steady over the weekend – which is the big challenge I’m planning the days in advance and really want to end the month on a high

Glad you are feeling a bit better @molij

Yes I’m looking forward to seeing the revived Paris post Olympics @jaifaim they looked to be done some great work when I was last there 🕍

What a terrible way for your neighbour to go @merry🍎

Hope you had a good birthday @excelsior12309

Pocket list day 26
    @at FD800
    @molij
    @snowflake56

Day 26

Still in Indie with our daughter and her family. We’re playing and working in equal measures (the cloth diapers all needed new elastic, so that’s been my work), and I’m being careful not to eat more than seems “reasonable.” Given it’s vacation, I’m more relaxed with how much wine is reasonable. 🤣

We’re off to the pool soon, then dinner with the inlaws, whom we really enjoy.

Day 27, Germany, NFD

We have two parties this weekend but I never eat much when I’m somewhere else. The friend who’s celebrating her birthday today has layed out a wooden dance floor in her garden, the weather forecast looks good so I think we’ll all be having a great time.

@funshipfreddie Yes, we seem to be in the same time zone. I wake up between 6 and 7am and post here as soon as possible otherwise I forget as I mostly don’t use the computer the rest of the day. Our line-dance group is extremely chatty and loud as well but most of us see each other twice a week or even more as I’m also in other groups with a few women.

@jaifaim Yes, I’m a nurse, I never wanted to do anything else. I hope you enjoyed the Olympics opening ceremony.

@molij I’m glad to hear you feel better. The carpet came out quite well, I’m so glad it was just clear rainwater from the cystern, in the past we had dirty fluids coming out of the sewer and we had to take out the carpet and rugs and throw them away.

Day 27 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

I hope the Friday fasters are feeling extra-smug this morning 💪 I’m being extra-cautious this weekend with the carbs & usual weekend treats. And I’m planning an extra FD on Tuesday to make up for my bad behaviour this month

@snowflake56 – I’m usually awake +/- 7 am too. But at that time I don’t even want to talk to the cat 😅 I feed her, make coffee & head back to bed for an hour. She usually follows me & crawls under the duvet for a snooze. Enjoy the parties!

@jaifaim – I really hope they catch whoever is responsible for sabotaging the French train network 😠

I just started reading ‘A Statin-Free Life’, by British Cardiologist Aseem Malhotra. I saw an interview of his on YouTube & I liked what I heard He’s a low-carb/very low sugar proponent & has faced a lot of criticism for his views on cholesterol. But so far it’s a good read. He also co-authored ‘The Pioppi Diet’, named after the Italian village recognised as the home of the Mediterranean diet.

Have a good weekend y’all! 🌤 🌈

“For years politicians have promised the Moon. I’m the first one to be able to deliver it.” ~ Richard Nixon, 1969

Day 28 – Ireland – NFD 🚫 ✅ 🚶🏽‍♀️ 🌾
    154.5lbs

I’m so tired 🥱😂 I travelled after work and then watched the opening ceremony with family … so relieved everything went off well in Paris – what an incredible spectacle! There is always a risk with big outdoor events and my friends and family there were all hoping nothing would happen. The trains were affected by saboteurs 😡 and so many people affected at a busy time anyway but hopefully that will be it now… shame about the rain too – who would have thought July in Paris would see heavy rain… some friends were at the opening ceremony- they said it was just mind blowing with so much going on. So yep thanks @snowflake56 and @molij I really really enjoyed it but am tired now – found it hard to sleep afterwards 😂 and I have been listening to french radio since early this morning.

So glad you have the carpet all sorted and that it was just “clean water”. Enjoy the party and the dancing!
    @molij glad to hear you are feeling better and hopefully the test will be negative today… take things gently though for a few days… I meant to say… great that your DH may be coming around to a move 🏡 💕
    Go @brightonbelle – we are trucking along with the same aim – weekend warriors 🏹 we are. The one big improvement in Paris will be the water quality of the Seine. It would be great to see it used a little more for swimming like in Basel and other cities.. 🙏🇫🇷♥️ . But fabulous to think of additional female statues added to the Paris city area – I can’t wait to get back there now.

Vegs are always good @northgeorgia 👍👍

Ok @funshipfreddie are your dancing socks 🧦 🧦 pulled up ? We will do this this month 🤩. Your poor 🕺 teacher sounds like she has her work cut out for her 😂.

Might have a snooze…🙃🤣

Onward and downward

@funshipfreddie just spotted your post – yes hope they are caught and punished. I have to say we have a saying here which translates to “my heart was in my mouth” and that was me watching the ceremony with singers on top of buildings/ on boats… just the thought of what could happen … isn’t it terrible that we live in a world where we even have these thoughts but so glad everything went well and the party was brought to the people. 🇫🇷♥️🕺💃🏻
    It would also have been interesting if the French election had gone the other way I think… 😬 but won’t go there…

Day 27…..Florida…… CD

I am all over the place this month. I’ve been on constant with my fasting times but almost non existent on my 500 calorie days. I also have been working drinking more water throughout the day. Good thing is I haven’t lost anymore weight or gained it for that matter. I am really trying but not sure why I finding it so difficult.
    I am going to have reprioritize my intentions come the month of August. Actually, I should do that now!

Have a great day!

Day 27 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 232 lbs. Having my nephew’s birthday lunch out at a restaurant today. We’re having a “healthy” potluck on Monday with various types of salads. So, I’ll probably make tomorrow my FD this week.

Day 27 UK NFD

Planning in advance worked well yesterday adopting same today 🏹

Enjoying watching the Olympics , the previous 2 were challenging re the time zones

Have a good weekend all

Day 27 – USA/TN – NFD

Day 28, Germany, NFD

I’m so glad the Olympics Opening Ceremony went well but what a pity they had so much rain.

It was such a great party yesterday, we danced a lot, we even did line-dance. I overdid it with the ice cream but that’s fine. We were very lucky with the weather, it stayed dry. Today we have a sit down and eat party, we’ll see how that will go.

Day 29 – Ireland – NFD 🚫 ✅ 🚶🏽‍♀️ 🌾

Morning all, one thing I realise is that none of us find every day easy… all of us have good and bad days and honestly I think if we all had good days we would not be here. Supporting and benefiting from the support 💕.

I woke last night and dipped into Atomic Habits which is always on my bedside or Kindle when travelling and read just one page… then fell asleep…
    “ Can one coin make a person rich? 💰”
    You wouldn’t say so would you?
    But if you add another, and another and another..💰💰💰
    So really one change or one effort can change your life ….
    So on we go. Poca a poca…

Happy Sunday all – I’m flying out for a walk before mum wakes up. We had a lovely day yesterday where she was “back” chatting about the family, us as children etc. Those days are precious and there are less and less of them.

Have a great one 💕

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 28 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

Cold & very windy here today, close to 60 km/h later. But it’s sunny at least, so I’ll try to get some walking in. Patting myself on the back after a very sensible Saturday, & I expect to be closer to 70 than 71 tomorrow, for the first time this month. Not sure about Tuesday’s FD now, after a dinner invitation I can’t really avoid. Maybe a OMAD…

@bert1802 – hope you had a good CD? My FDs work out if I plan in advance what I will eat & when, & then stick to it. No food before 6 pm at the earliest. So I’ve got dinner to look forward to all day & anything that tempts me today I can have….tomorrow! 🎯

@jaifaim – definitely a gold medal for Celine Dion for her performance at the opening ceremony 👏 I hope you have another good day today with your mum. Good advice from Atomic Habits. One or two FDs isn’t going to make much difference; but one or two good FDs, every single week – no matter what – can be life-changing.
    Happy S🌞nday y’all!

“Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute.”
    ~ Gil Stern

Pocket List – Day 28 🥚
    @at FD800
    @funshipfreddie

Day 28-No. VA USA-NFD
    Just checking in for accountability. Weight stable. Over-indulged yesterday, but mostly on fruit (!!!).
    @funshipfreddie, I loved your quote!

Day 28 UK NFD

I thought I was doing well over the weekend but the scales don’t agree 🤷🏻‍♀️But wise words @jaifaim – it isn’t easy and slowly may be the best way I think Im frustrated as I was at a good weight very recently and somehow feel as though I should be able to just hop back , but that’s not how it works is it ? Anyway I pleased that I’ve been eating healthy and cutting back on 🍺🥂 so I’ll just keep on keeping on and I’ll get there

See you on the Monday list

Pocket List – Day 28 🥚
    @at FD800
    @funshipfreddie

Day 28 St. Louis

Had an EFS on Friday, and not much better on Saturday, due in large part to the Firefly Grill in Effingham, IL, but I’m not much troubled since it is, after all, our vacation.

We’re here until sometime on Wednesday, staying at the Cheshire Inn in Clayton, just blocks from the seminary my husband attended, and a lovely place we always choose when we’re in St. Louis. They offer a lovely breakfast, heavy on the pastries, and I wasn’t even tempted; good thing it’s not later in the day,
    lol.

We’re off to church where I served as Director of Music when we lived here. Have a grand one, everyone, and I’ll read and check in as I’m able.

Day 29 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 232 lbs. Oh no, I’ve become that person… I thought I’d buy a 10-gallon aquarium since they were half off at the local pet store. No plans…just wanted to have one for a year or two down the road. I decided to buy a lid while there. Then I thought I should go ahead and buy an LED light off the internet. While home, I saw that I could shift the 5 gallon over to the dresser, leaving plenty of space for the new 10-gallon tank on the nightstand. After going out to celebrate my nephew’s birthday, I came back by for a 50 lb. bag of pool filter sand. I came home, laid down an inch of potting soil in the tank, a little water to turn to mud, then a couple inches of sand. I moved over an active sponge filter from one of my two 10-gallon tanks in the living room into the new tank. I moved the tank to the nightstand, added water, and hooked up the tubing and air pump. Then I ordered a package deal of about 60-65 plants, which should arrive about the same time as the light… I got to see if the tannins have leached out of the driftwood my niece helped find when we went to the beach last month, and some nice sized rocks to build some hardscape today. I figure I can start putting in a few snails and shrimp next week sometime, then a few fish soon afterwards.

So, I have 2 ten-gallon tanks in the living room, a gallon shrimp jar, an experimental pickle jar for a few snails next to it, a 5 gallon tank in the bedroom, and now another 10-gallon tank being set up in the bedroom. I have to be sure I don’t go totally mad with those people that get 70 tanks all stacked up next to each other in the basement… egads!

We’re having a healthy “salad potluck” at work tomorrow. My next FD will probably be on Thursday, but my NFDs are looking sensible.

Pocket List – Day 28 🥚
    @at FD800
    @funshipfreddie
    @northgeorgia

Day 28 – USA/TN – NFD

Day 29 2pm Monday FD 71.5kg 🏃‍♀️

What a weekend… Saturday’s funeral was a 2 1/2 hr Requiem Mass. The old Gothic church, built by the Irish Immigrants who built the city roads, had a massive organ that filled up the space with sound (I thought of you @stitchincarol). At the alter end, a Pacifica singer with a big booming bass voice sang over the top of 300+ people. Then we walked around to Billy’s art gallery for the reception. The details of the fire were slightly different to what I understood. The family had just put in a swimming pool and landscaped the outdoors with a log burner in preparation for summer BBQs with their grandchildren. She was standing near the log burner when her daughter said Mum your skirt’s on fire. Unfortunately no-one thought to use the swimming pool…
    I was pleased that I had arranged for a friend to come over for dinner because I still get a wee bit funny about Billy not having had a funeral thanks to the Covid lockdowns…
    Then when I came home last night I was dropped off and walked because there was a big crash at the intersection into our street… A small Toyota turned right into our street and was hit by a big Ute going straight ahead. The firemen were using the jaws of life to free the passenger who was surrounded by airbags but didn’t look hurt. I was quite interested to see how quickly they destroyed the car by breaking the glass in the windows then cutting the roof in half and lifting each section off. A fireman asked me if I had seen the accident, which I hadn’t but I was able to tell him that the red, yellow, green traffic lights have been playing up lately and I noticed that the green wasn’t working this weekend. He said to me “That’s good information.” I don’t trust anyone at this intersection and always make sure the oncoming car stops before crossing in front of it to enter our street…

All in all I am down 100gm from the beginning of the month…🙁 (BMI 23.6) I’m 1.5kg away from my original goal of 70kg but I need to be well below that for a maintenance range. I’m thinking I’ll aim for 66kg (BMI 21.8) which is 147lbs.I don’t know why I’m counting my chickens before they hatch because on my schedule, a 5.5kg is another 5 months of regular 5:2!!!
    @jaifaim and @funshipfreddie What’s your advice on picking a range so you stay below your bottom line?!! @jaifaim Well done on being in your successful range!! It’s lovely you are still able to have those precious moments with your mother.
    @molij Great to hear you are back to yourself again!! Although you could use Covid as an excuse to sit in front of the TV and watch the Olympics!!
    @northgeorgia Your post kept me chuckling. How lovely to lie in bed and go to 💤watching fish floating by!! Do you light them so you can see their irridescent colours?
    @stitchincarol I looked up St. Louis and read about it!! It must be nice to reminisce about those earlier days!!
    @brightonbelle Well done on living a healthy lifestyle. And yes it will bring you rewards shortly!!
    @excelsior12309 Enjoy all those colourful vitamins in your fruit!! It’s pretty good to stay the same weight on your birthday week!!
    @funshipfreddie Thats great advice about FDs especially since I’m on one!!
    I haven’t seen the Olympics. It’s at an awkward time for us and I don’t have Sky Sport. The free broadcast is limited and doesn’t really feature NZ athletes much. I might go onto You tube and look for Celine Dion to get some enthusiasm going!!
    @snowflake56 Icecream and dancing sounds like a perfect summer party to me!! That’s interesting you trained as an RN and worked in burns. That’s a really tough area to be in…
    @bert1802 Enthusiasm for fasting definitely comes and goes… but like @funshipfreddie‘s quote, they are worthwhile eventually!! Personally I love food and there are days when I really miss starting a winter’s day off with porridge!! I fast till 4pm then break my fast with a boiled egg which keeps me away from grazing untill I start preparing my evening meal… protein with lots of vegetables. I eat an hour earlier than I normally do to stave off picking…

Is anyone up for hosting next month? I’m happy to keep doing the sheet for someone. It will keep my fingers on the computer keys and out of the kitchen cupboards!!

Steely RESOLVE for these last couple of days…

Pocket List Monday
    @at
    @merry🍎
    @snowflake56

Day 29 North Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

Only a few days to go until the end of the month. Hoping for a good weight loss this month. When I started I had just come back from a holiday. I am feeling much better now but my poor husband has it now. He tested positive on Friday. It’s his first time of having Covid and his symptoms seem to be slightly worse than mine. We have had a quiet weekend at home. I did manage a few bike rides. The weather has been lovely for a change. Although I don’t check in every day I do read everyone’s posts. I get them in my email box. I really should make more of an effort to check in even if it’s to say what day it is.

@merryapple you have had a stressful weekend with the funeral and the accident into your street. Well done on your weight loss this week. Sitting watching the TV sounds nice but I will not be watching the Olympics. Sport is not my thing. I only watch football if I have to when I am at my daughters as her partner is football mad and always has it on the TV.

@northgeorgia what sort of fish are you going to put in your tank? I have always liked fish tanks but never had one.

@funshipfreddie a friend of mine flew out to SA yesterday. She is spending 3 weeks in Cape Town and visiting the Garden Route. She was very excited about it. I am looking forward to seeing her photos when she gets back as it was 40 years ago when I left Cape Town. It will be interesting to see how things have changed.

@jaifaim I used to love back chatting with my Mum and Dad. Such precious times. Since they both died there have been many times I wish to be able to ask them questions about the past.

Hope everyone has had a good weekend. Have a lovely day today too. 💪

Pocket List Monday
    @at
    @merry🍎
    @snowflake56
    @molij

Day 29, Germany, FD

Yesterday didn’t go as planned as my friend’s daughter had decided to skip the birthday cakes and go to the “Chinese” for dinner instead. I didn’t eat much but this morning I woke up with a swollen face and stiff hands because of the glutamate. Why do they still use so much glutamate?

@merryapple What a weekend you had! One of the young surgeons at the hospital where I started my nursing career in 1974 started the burns unit there and at one point I was asked to work there. We had the petrochemical industry and the harbour close to Rotterdam so there was a real need for a specialized centre in town. Gosh, writing this brings back so many memories. You do have a pretty good BMI, why do you want to go lower?

@molij I hope your husband will get better soon.

@brightonbelle It’s the same here, the scales don’t reflect the efffort I put in but I’m sure the rewards will come eventually. I did eat much healthier this month, so that’s a win already.

Pocket List Monday
    @at
    @merry🍎
    @snowflake56
    @molij
    @brightonbelle

Day 29 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD 70.3 kg

Oodles of PFDS this morning. The cold didn’t help with my FD, but I persevered. I even put my gas heater on at around 5 pm, but after a couple of hours it started making sputtering sounds & I realised the canister was empty. Ah well 🥴️

@merryapple – that was a weekend & a half?! And a whopper of a post! 😅 My range is 69 – 71 kg, because I aim to stay around 70. Which is an arbitrary figure, but it’s doable, & it puts my BMI at 21.6 (I’m 1.8 m) According to MFP I need 14,900 cals per week to maintain 70 kg. That’s roughly 2100 cals per day. So I figured if I have two x 700 cal fast days, I can go up to 2700 cals on my NFDs. I don’t really count cals on NFDs, but it seems to work just fine. So long as I don’t eat junk food.

@molij – I hope your friend enjoys her trip to SA, but, Cape Town in winter?! I love Cape Town, but I’d never go there at this time of year. They’ve had awful storms this month, & the Western Cape was declared a disaster area recently. The Cape Town weather is hit & miss even in summer, & they say you can experience four seasons in one day. As you’ll know already, because I’m sure you said you used to live there? Maybe your friend will be lucky with the weather. Wishing your DH a speedy recovery!

Gotta dash. Sending RESOLVE to the Monday fasters! 💪🎯

“The only mystery in life is why the kamikaze pilots wore helmets.” ~ Al McGuire

Day29 UK FD

Lovely sunny day here so aiming to get out in the deck chair with my kindle this afternoon 😎

Will also start my August planning – do we have a leader yet, I’ve got 2 trips planned so can’t manage it but I’ll do September

Pocket List Monday
    @at
    @merry🍎
    @snowflake56
    @molij
    @brightonbelle

Day 29 – Ireland – FD 🚫 ✅ 🚶🏽‍♀️ 🌾
    154.5lbs

Hello I’m thinking of having an LFD today just as we are so close to the end of the month and maybe I can do it… will see. Not quite the prep that @brightonbelle and @funshipfreddie (👏👏 ) employ and I know that preparation would work better for me but I’m tired after work and weekend care…but I would not have it any other way.. I did have lovely walks and catch ups with friends also. The weather was gorgeous 💕💕
    @brightonbelle enjoy your deckchair today ☀️

@molij when Mum has days where she is “back” with chats and memories I want to stay close and enjoy it all. They are so rare and we find that she is super tired after these times.. like engaging the brain takes it out of her… but it is incredibly special. Dad had a phenomenal memory and interest in everything … I miss having him here for advice 💕

Oh no @snowflake56 what a shame! MSG is in so many Chinese foods… enhancing the taste but affecting so many. 😏 🤮
    MSG doesn’t affect me but gluten affects me in that same way.. with other symptoms 😶‍🌫️

@merryapple what a terribly sad weekend you had.. I’m glad you had a friend with you. 💕💕 how tragic for your neighbour and her family… there are no words 💕

Very happy to start the week in maintenance range… that is rare.. and honestly I don’t know how.. 🤔 I’ve had lots of lovely comments recently also on my form and appearing slim so I’m super happy. 😁 @merryapple I am very new to maintenance and kept bobbing in and out… for many many months…and more out than in… but… my definite aim is to get to 152lbs as the low number of my maintenance range and hopefully that will allow me to bob up to 155lbs when on hols or EFSs…

Have a great one everyone 💕

Onward and downward

Pocket List – Monday – Day 29 🧡

@at
    @merry 🍎
    @snowflake56
    @molij
    @brightonbelle
    @jaifaim

Day 29 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 231 lbs. A little disappointed that I “only” dropped a pound after my FD, but to be fair, this was mom’s stewed vegetables with quite a bit more ground turkey than I recalled being added in. I’m pretty certain I stayed below 800, but not not sure about 500. With today’s salad lunch, maybe there won’t be much of a bounceback tomorrow morning.

Well, I have endlers in my tank right now, the genetic outcome of generation after generation of three guppies I first bought in 2015. I also have three lamp eye tetras in one tanks, and lots of neocaridina shrimp, ramshorn and pond/bladder snails in each and every tank. I’ve decided to get a mail-order of 30 guppy fry to stock the new tank and possibly genetically refresh the endlers that are in the other three tanks already. I’ve thought about some platies, cherry barbs, etc., but we’ll see how the guppies do!

USA. Day 29

Good day, everyone! I can’t believe there are only two days left to July! I hope I will be able to begin light exercise soon! I feel like I have lost an entire summer and most of my spring. My sister is giving me a birthday party. I am looking forward to seeing my family again after all I have been through! 😊

I have been following everyone’s posts and hope to rejoin you all again very soon!

jaifaim, congratulations being in the maintenance phase. Sometimes I think it is the most difficult phase but definitely the one we all want to be in!

Have a great day, everyone!

Day 29 St. Louis

We’re at DH’s favorite coffee place, Kaldi’s, and he’s SO happy with his decaf latte breve… the small pleasures, you know? I decided to skip the latte and simply enjoy some black coffee, and it’s delightful.

We’re going to one of my favorite organ music publishers today because, even though I have about 15′ of music, if it were stacked, and even though I may not play much after DH retires next year, I want more. Lol, I’m sure there’s a book out there, with an arrangement I need, don’t you suppose??? 🤣

I echo all the responses already given, and look forward to being back at my laptop by the weekend.

Question: is this what you all would call “reasonable” for an NFD:
    A quesadilla split by DH and me, plus a beer– that was lunch
    Two crab cakes, plus a glass of wine– supper
    Another glass of wine plus some jerky–Olympics-watching nibbles

Obviously, far too much alcohol for when not on vacation, but food-wise? And I regret some of that jerky, as it was too mindless. Thoughts?

Thanks for your input on that, and have a great day!

Day 29….Florida…..FD 800

Surprised myself today and managed to do a 800 FD….. I didn’t drink as much water as I should have but I am getting there.

I’m excited for what tomorrow will bring

Day 30, Germany, CD

No FD for me yesterday, too many temptations in the house. Today we’re having a birthday brunch I’m not looking forward to.

@jaifaim We avoid “Chinese” restaurants in Germany as they use glatamate. In Rotterdam there used to be a real Chinese restaurant, without glutamate, but it doesn’t exist anymore.

Day 30 – Ireland – CD 🚫 ✅ 🚶🏽‍♀️ 🌾

Gave up on the idea of an LFD and had a late salad lunch… was too tired after the weekend to go the distance on the liquid only… but a sound FD done ✅
    Cycled to /from work, walked at lunch, weeded and fell onto the couch at 9pm…
    Slept great which was the plan. 🌙💤

@stitchincarol I think that’s acceptable! 😄😂 except I don’t really know how good/bad jerky is… it’s not something we eat over here… I’ve seen it in the States and tasted it once I think (very salty which I like) but not my thing…

Thanks @ccco so glad you are well and looking forward to your party… you must celebrate 💕 🎈 🎉 💃🏻
    @northgeorgia a drop is a drop 👏👏👏 bravo!

I’m happy to set the August sheet up later today and we can all keep the challenge going for the month. I could do with the focus, with my main aim to stay in maintenance for the month and then I have holidays for most of September … 🏝️ ⛴️💃🏻 🇺🇸.

Hope everyone else is well ♥️
    @flourbaby I hope the holidays are fabulissim and we see you soon 💃🏻🏝️

Have a great one everyone 💕

Onward and downward

Day 30 NZ NFD 71.2kg 🏃🏼‍♀️Tuesday 18.15hrs

Busy day! Extremely wet but I managed to go up our maunga.
    I have two zoom AGMs and my spinners and weavers Guild meeting – all start at 7pm. What do I do??? I think I need to be an Ostrich and bury my head in the sand!!

@jaifaim Thank you, but I have already prepared the sheet!! You’re welcome to change the colours!! Or do whatever you fancy!!
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XjKf59ptWZPqUur45jd75n4kPX5YSc54lus5prEivZM/edit

Good luck everyone with your final day and your weigh ins tomorrow morning!!
    My day is nearly over – I had fish and roast vegetables for dinner. I’m now getting ready to head out to spinning 😵‍💫

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 324 total)

You must be logged in to reply.