Atomic August πŸŸ’πŸ”΅πŸŸ‘

This topic contains 316 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  ccco 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 301 through 316 (of 316 total)

• Day 30 – Ireland – CD – 🚫 βœ… πŸšΆπŸ½β€β™€οΈ 🌾
    154 lbs

Happy Friday everyone! Great to see so many posting and wonderful to have the next two months planned in terms of the hosting… thank you @brightonbelle and @excelsior12309 ⭐️⭐️⭐️
    @flourbaby what a weekend for you and no surprise you are feeling stressed with it all and I’m sure Bo-Bo is feeling it too but you will both get there and into your beautiful new home – isn’t it such a shame that it is such a tough process for something that is just wonderful πŸ’•
    I don’t have your pressures but am feeling β€œoff” this week.. anxiety a little high but just working through it and know it passes.
    @penz so great you’re back in the zone with us. I’d like to think someone will always be here to welcome people back on track πŸš‚ . Month by month we get there. πŸ€—
    @stitchincarol I’m off to the USA – I have not been in a long time and honestly it’s not the best time to be away from home etc but it has been planned for a long time.. it is a delayed 50th birthday celebration with two school friends.. New York (Long Island) and Boston over 2.5 weeks. They are doing most of the organising as they live in NYC/Long Island – cannot wait to see them – it has been way too long. It was originally planned in 2020.
    @merryapple I hope you had the most fabulous day yesterday! I’m sure it all went wonderfully well! It will be lovely to see some pictures. Are they all Billy Apple’s artworks or a mix of artists? β™₯️β™₯️
    Ok must fly – apologies – I’m not 100% present right now…

Onward and downward ⬇️

We rise by lifting others πŸ’•

Our posts crossed but Bravo on the great FD @funshipfreddie πŸ‘ and thanks for offering to host November πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡

Day 30 UK NFD

That’s my problem time too @ccco ! I can’t say I’ve entirely beat it but 1, I try to avoid being in the kitchen so on FDs I usually prep the evening meal earlier on when my resolve is strong 2, as @funshipfreddie suggests have some β€œgood β€œ snacks to hand – carrot batons work for me

Ooh that trip will be fabulous @jaifaim πŸ—½

Good Luck for tomorrow @flourbaby

I’ve set up next month – Succeed in September πŸ’« and even with my shameless copy and pasting – thank you @funshipfreddie – that was an effort so be prepared for a β€œlight touch β€œ hosting next month

See you tomorrow for end of month

Day 30, London UK, NFD

I’m here, I’m posting, I’m not fasting!! The house is upside down and the kitchen looks like a tornado blew through it!!

Anyway, I’ll be back on track for September for sure!! Thanks for all the volunteer hosts taking us through the next 3 months, I’ll set myself a 3 month target knowing the challenges are all sorted before I start!πŸ’ͺ🏼πŸ’ͺ🏼

I’ll sign off now for Atomic August, the scales are packed in box #2 ……….. or was it box #6???😲😲 Probably best left where they are until I start to ‘Succeed in September’!!

Bo-Bo😻 & I will see y’all on the other side!!πŸ™πŸΌπŸ™πŸΌ

β€œThe question of what you want to own is actually the question of how you want to live your life.” – Marie Kondo

Day 20-No. VA USA-NFD
    Well, good luck on your move, @flourbaby. Moving is supposed to be one of the great “life stressors”, and I am sure it is, but the reward will be worth it. Bo-bo will adjust; animals don’t compare notes, so they don’t know that everyone else isn’t doing it. It will build character, as my mother used to say!
    @merryapple, I hope you will be able to post pictures of the installation. It sounds exciting.
    @funshipfreddie, your creation is off to a lovely start!. that is exciting to see, too.
    @jaifaim, I hope your travels go well. I haven’t been back to Long Island since I graduated med. school in 1982! The traffic was always a hassle there, but honestly, around Washington and No VA the traffic is just as aggravating.
    @stichincarol, I hope your health is holding up…you have had a stressful August.
    The giant cat and his smaller sidekick remain confined to the house for the weekend, but eventually will be introduced to their outside quarters. We shall see how that goes…

Day 30 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 231 lbs. Looking forward to the challenges of September with the holiday this weekend, several major events every other week, and me working my way through it all to get into the 220s, hopefully leaving the 230s for good. I’ve done it before, so…

Day 30 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

I struggled constantly yesterday, but kept reminding myself that when I’m hungry and my stomach is growling, that’s when I’m losing weight, and so I managed to persevere. THEN, I slept quite badly, which is very unusual for the night after a FD of any kind, and now I’ve woken up with a headache. But, who cares, because I’ve dipped WAY down, and tomorrow morning should be at the weight that’ll be an official pound down from last Saturday morning. πŸ˜‚ If hunger, bad sleep, and a headache are the price I pay to lose weight, I’m willing… πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈ

The challenge, of course, is to choose food wisely today. Tonight, we’re choosing between two restaurants that both have oysters on the half shell (one of our favorites, but I’ve had zero success in learning to shuck them, so we just go out) which are VERY low calorie and both places have them for a dollar each. Whatever I choose to go with them will be minimal, which leaves the question of what to have for lunch. Perhaps nothing. I need to think further on that.

@ccco 3-6pm is also my nemesis! My best tool is to go somewhere and do something. Wandering Hobby Lobby is good; going to church and organizing music is good, going to Menard’s and wandering the light fixtures (Menard’s is like Home Depot), and so is getting caught up in a project here at home. None of them are infallible, however. Will any of those–or similar activities–work for you? Didn’t you say you like to golf?? Or am I making that up? Can you meet a friend to golf at that time? To go for a walk at that time? What about a zoom call with someone at that time?

@merryapple Your interview is taped tomorrow, isn’t it? Have fun with all the busy, busy, busy of the next few days!

@penz And even though my kids ahave been “out of the nest” for over a decade, the beginning and ending of school both have the same feeling of excitement. Funny how those things carry their own emotions, regardless of our situation!

@snowflake56 Have fun with your busy day.

@funshipfreddie Nicely done on being down over a few days ago, and maintaining so well. I like your start on your mosaic pot!

@jaifaim Oh how fun to know you’ll be on the same continent as we Americans on this forum! Have a grand time with your friends! And thanks ever so much for hosting August; since you’re at 154 today, you’ve clearly attained your goal of staying at maintenance weight, and your friends will be so impressed to see how glorious you look!

@funshipfreddie OH! I missed entirely your November offer that @jaifaim thanked you for, so thanks to you and @excelsior12309 and @brightonbelle for your hosting offers!

@brightonbelle I’ll be there in September, and if I continue as I’ve been going, I’ll finally be on a downward slope!

@flourbaby Yup, your house sounds exactly right for a woman who’s in the process of moving. It’s the absolute worst part of moving, is the commotion before it’s done! But I’ll bet by Monday, you’ll have enough order in your new house that you’ll be absolutely glowing, and THEN you can think again about fasting. β€οΈβ€οΈπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺ

@excelsior Are the cats to be permanent members of your family, or only on loan to catch mice?

@northgeorgia Yup, you’ve done it before, so you can do it now. I have every confidence you can find the various pieces of the puzzle and resume your weight loss journey! And your weight this morning proves that at least most of that gain was indeed EOEO. πŸ‘

I’ve just realized DH and I should go see his mom again this evening. Sadly, that’s an hour in the opposite direction of the two restaurants we’re considering. And the only places to eat that are lovely in her town are all high calorie places. Ugh. We’ll see what happens.

Have a grand one, everyone!

You are far too smart to be the only thing standing in your way…

USA. Day 30. FD

Good morning! Another FD! Hope I can stick this one out!

Have a great day! πŸ‘πŸ»

Day 31, Germany, CD

My weight stayed about the same this month, I’m pleased with that as I ate well.

We had a lovely busy day yesterday. Weeded the driveway, cut back holly, cleaned attic windows until a lot of wasps came out of a nest under the roof tiles (?) so I’ll have to finish the cleaning this morning. We went to the DIY shop to get paint and wood and from there to see if the lovely book lady still has her shop at the charity shop in a town nearby to ask if we can bring a lot of boxed books from friends that past away. Yes, she is and can use more books and we bought 23 books from the English section (not that we don’t have any, but it’s always nice to have a choice). I plan to read only books in English next month. We looked at a house for sale at our street, it is an absolute wreck on the inside. Then we could sit down because the Afghan neightbours didn’t show up to practice German with us.

@jaifaim You must be looking forward to much to your holiday next month. Thank you so much for being such a lovely host this month!

@merryapple Does the exhibition start this weekend, can we see it online somewhere? I hope the interview went well.

@funshipfreddie You mosaic design looks lovely. I think it’s a good decision to take the petals the teacher made, you can try to make them yourself as your skills grow. Thank you for offering to host November.

@flourbaby The day has finally come! I wish you and Bo-Bo much happiness and a lovely life in your new house.

@ccco I hope your FD went well!

@stitchincarol I hope your headache went after a good night’s sleep. It’s interesting you sleep well after a FD, I often don’t. I sleep best after a warm evening meal.

@brightonbelle I’m looking forward to the next challenge and will try to succeed.

@excelsior12309 It seems my DH and I are one of the few people that love moving. It’s so exciting to start something new.

@penz How was your year off? Are you looking forward to go to work again?

Have a nice day everyone and see you on the Spetember challenge!

Day 31 – South Africa πŸ‡ΏπŸ‡¦ – NFD

Where did Atomic August go? Happy to say I maintained, down about 0.4 kg for the month.

@brightonbelle – don’t thank me, I’m sure I copied/pasted too πŸ˜…

@snowflake56 – you’re so busy! Well done for maintaining this month. You actually lost close to a kilo! 🎯

@excelsior12309 – that was a lovely story about Crayola the Cat 😻

@stitchincarol – where did you eventually finish up eating?

@jaifaim – thanks so much for hosting Atomic August πŸ’ Happy travels! 🌎 ✈️

Well done to everyone who maintained/lost or just about clung to the wagon this month. See you soon in Succeed in September
    https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/succeed-in-september/#post-357132

Pocket List – Day 31 πŸ₯•
    @at FD800

Hi there from a very hot Germany. I started 5.2 5 weeks ago and lost 3.5 kg.
    The last 2 weeks haven’t lost a gramm. It’s a bit depressing but I will continue because I am loving getting a flatter stomach. Maybe next week will be better. Has anyone else experienced this not losing weight?

Day 31 – Ireland – CD – 🚫 βœ… πŸšΆπŸ½β€β™€οΈ 🌾
    153 lbs

Hello everyone and well done on getting through Atomic August… what a group⭐️⭐️⭐️
    Thank you all for the teamwork this month as I felt some extra life pressures and hosting came second to those.
    I am happy to be closing August out at my mid-maintenance range but will have to keep it stable for the next two weeks as then all bets are off being stateside.. big portions, holiday times and fun with friends. πŸ’•
    Looking forward to next month @brightonbelle thank you so so much. See you all there!
    Onward and downward ⬇️

We rise by lifting others πŸ’•

Day 31 UK NFD

Thank you @jaifaim for hosting πŸ’I’m finishing at the same weight I started so with everything I’ve had on I’ll take that as a good result

See you in September πŸ‘‹

Day 31 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 233 lbs. Hoping to find a day to fast over this holiday weekend. Next week has various events coming up, so it will be a tough week. Still, resolve. I want to get to 228 next month in spite of the interruptions.

Day 31 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD – 160.4

Whoop-whoop-whoop!!! I’ve lost another pound over last Saturday. I weighed myself multiple times over the course of twenty minutes, just to make sure the scale wasn’t going to turn into Cruella, and actually was also 160.0 and then 159.8, but I’m content with what I listed at the top. Somehow, somewhere, I have once again found my mojo, and I can’t say it’s strong and inflexible, but it’s strong enough that I’ve lost a pound each week for three weeks now, and somewhere in the month I dropped another pound, so my official August report?

Beginning: 164.4
    Ending: 160.4
    Lost: 4 lbs

First time I’ve lost weight in a month for well over a year!

@snowflake56 Wow, I’m tired just reading your description of Friday; it was busy indeed! And it’s so impressive that you speak three languages (more??) and are going to read only English books next month. Impressive. Oh, and well done for maintaining even in the face of eating well!

@funshipfreddie It turned into a completely different day because I’d forgotten about a 1:15 car appointment in Omaha (the car is being recalled because of an airbag issue), and DH had tons to do, and we really did need to go see his mom. So, on the way home, I picked up sushi from a place that has a drive through (?!?! LOL), and we had sushi at home (and glorious sushi it was, too) and were out the door by 5:45 to drive the hour in the opposite direction to gather with his three siblings. We all watched the Nebraska Women’s Volleyball team win their game last night, so it was a nice evening. We’ll have to have oysters another time…

@davinac Welcome to our group, but come join us “in September,” where we’ll praise you for the 3.5 kg you’ve already lost and help you sort out possible solutions so you start losing again: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/succeed-in-september/#post-357132

@jaifaim Nicely done to end the month at 153!!! Thanks for your hosting, and family stuff ALWAYS comes before hosting duties. πŸ₯°β€οΈ See you in September!

@brightonbelle Thre have been many months when I was simply relieved I didn’t gain another pound, so I fully understand your satisfaction with August!

@flourbaby Thinking of you as you move and begin the process of settling in!

I made some good progress on tax bookwork yesterday, but the unexpected car appointment put an early stop to my progress. Today is the first Nebraska football game of the season (“Go Big Red!”) and I have a little church work to do and some groceries to buy, so there will be plenty going on, but I should still be able to make some dramatic progress. I have today’s food planned out, and all should be good!

Have a grand one, everyone.

We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The difference is discipline wieghs ounces while regret weighs tons. –Jim Rohn

USA. DAY 31. FD

Today I hope I have a better FD. I am having a little trouble getting back into the swing of things! I am working on it.

Stitchincarol, congratulations on your 4lb. loss. Way to go!

Jaifaim, congratulations on your loss this month and thank you again for ushering us through August. I can’t believe the month is over!

Pocket List – Day 31 πŸ₯•
    @at FD800
    @ccco

Hope everyone is having a lovely day! See you all in September!

Viewing 16 posts - 301 through 316 (of 316 total)

You must be logged in to reply.