Atomic August πŸŸ’πŸ”΅πŸŸ‘

This topic contains 316 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  ccco 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 316 total)

• Day 25 – Ireland – NFD – 🚫 βœ… πŸšΆπŸ½β€β™€οΈ 🌾

Oh @funshipfreddie that’s awful!! I hope you manage fo find some way to stay home or close to home… πŸ™ we take these things for granted here in Europe.

Happy birthday @northgeorgia 🎈🎈🎈 May you have a lovely day and celebration!
    Fabulous well done to you @stitchincarol – you certainly do have your mojo right now… πŸ’ͺ WOW! I am so in awe of your talent! The sweater is beautiful but such complex knitting… ⭐️

I forgot you have the last Monday of August as a Bank Holiday @molij – lucky you!!! how fast has this month gone! That means @flourbaby also has an extra day – hopefully a good one and you have found time to breeeeaaathe…

Yes a lot more people are taking HRT now and benefitting greatly from it.. even those with no obvious perimenopause/ menopause symptoms… many people I know say they will take it to their grave πŸ˜‚
    On the bigger picture, hopefully we will see a decrease in the number of elderly women suffering with UTIs, bone issues and dementia in the future. Only time will tell πŸ™

@snowflake56 glad to hear you’re not flooded this weekend. Lots of rain here this week… it’s just been such a strange and wet summer πŸ₯²
    Your garden sounds so beautiful.
    @excelsior12309 I hope the mouse situation has improved….. πŸ™πŸ™

Hello hello @bert1802, @fatrabbit, @lilymartin @at, @jospeirs, @songbirdme wherever you are πŸ‘‹

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others πŸ’•

Day 25 – South Africa πŸ‡ΏπŸ‡¦ – FD

@stitchincarol, @snowflake – the power failure is really annoying. A few hours is one thing, but days/weeks?! But more so for people who are running businesses, needing to get kids ready for school, or/& just getting to/from work with all the traffic lights not working. And then there’s all the spoiled food that will be thrown away. What a mess?! Anyway, our municipality is working on getting a transformer relocated, & expects to have this done by Tuesday. Not sure if that means it’ll be up & running by then. I don’t have a generator – they make such a racket! And inverters – some of my neighbours have them, but they’re very expensive & they only work for two or three hours before the batteries need recharging.

@snowflake56 – I have an electric stove that I hardly use anyway, but I’ve got a little portable gas stove I can boil water on. Our care centre has gas stoves though. They prepare meals for the people who stay there, & we all have the option to go for lunch there every day. I’ve never actually eaten there yet though. I went to my local cafΓ© yesterday, hoping to charge my phone whilst I had lunch. But it seems everyone else had the same idea, & all the power points were taken. As I’m a regular there, one of the staff members took my phone to the kitchen & charged it there. I’ve got my laptop on ‘battery save’ & I’m peering at the screen because it’s so dark πŸ˜…

@stitchincarol – I’m the same with my tax return, always leaving it til the last minute. Although it only takes a few minutes once I start it. Never do today what you can put off until…whenever πŸ˜›

Happy S🌞nday!

Pocket List – Day 25 πŸ₯‘
    @funshipfreddie

Day 25-No VA USA-FD 800

Weight today is down a pound from beginning of Atomic August, so the trend is right. Congratulations to @stichincarol for finding your mojo! (We had a mini dachshund for 17 years whose name was Mojo! He survived getting bitten in the head by a copperhead and stung by yellow jackets whereupon his head swelled up to the size of a pit bull. But he just kept bopping along.)
    @funshipfreddie, I feel for you in your dim light and cold weather! I hope the situation corrects itself soon!
    @molij, full sympathy on the HRT situation. I was on HRT for many years, and I loved it. Hot flashes were the worst, and I was one who suffered with them for many years, if I didn’t use the HRT. It really helped with “quality of life.!”
    Belated happy birthday, @northgeorgia. September will be your month to go down!
    @ccco, I am impressed that you have the energy to care for a wild toddler, after all your health adventures this year. They are fun at that age, but you can never let your guard down around them!
    The mouse saga continues. Traps are set, and we have two cats on the way to help repel them. More to follow….
    @flourbaby, best of luck with your move!

Day 25 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 233 lbs. Two more NFDs to go… will the celebrations end? I know the unhealthy things added over the weekend have made my acid reflux come back and with a vengeance, and usually at 2 am! I’m going to watch about when I eat in the evening tonight to see if that will help.

USA. Day 25. FD

Good morning, everyone!

2nd Post – Day 25

Pocket List – Day 25 πŸ₯‘
    @funshipfreddie
    @excelsior12309 – FD800
    @ccco

Day 25 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

Just a quick post to report: I’m up a pound, but I’m certain it’s water weight, because I weigh myself before bed every night and pretty much always lose two pounds overnight, but I was only down one pound this morning…thus, I’m certain it’s water weight. And, I ate well–with restraint, in other words–yesterday, so being up a pound makes no sense if it’s not water weight.

So now to “behave” today! A day at a time, right?

One response: @northgeorgia, the fact that you’re still at 233 after all your birthday commotion says you are restraining yourself quite admirably; well done!

Day 25 – USA/TN NFD

Thank you all for the birthday wishes! @funshipfreddie, sorry you are going through the loss of power…hope it gets resolved soon….yes, I am doing LCHF, and I try through MFP to keep under about 30-40 carbs a day. I think my jump from maintenance to 4-5 lbs in the past year comes from not intermittent fasting. That’s when I lost the most and was at my ideal weight (138). I only have 2 meals a day, but my first meal is in the a.m. and the larger meal is at dinnertime when I come home.

Day 26 NZ FD 71.3kg πŸƒβ€β™€οΈ

I had two evening meals over the weekend, which weren’t excessive but here I am pinging back up to over 71kg… My day times were in complete control otherwise the numbers would have been worse!! “Always look on the bright side of life!!!” Thanks, Monty Python!!!

@northgeorgia What a fabulous weekend you must have had!! And only a few pounds up!! Well done!! And you know that reflux can be banished!!
    @metatauta Could you mix your routine up by switching it around every so often and have a big meal for breakfast, like poached eggs and slightly less at dinner time?
    I do think meat keeps you feeling fuller for longer. But if you are eating a low carb diet doesn’t that mean you’re already eating more like a carnivore with a higher ratio of protein and fat to carbs??!! You sound so busy so not being able to shift those last few pounds cannot be down to sitting around and watching TV…😁
    @funshipfreddie Still no power… You will be reeking shortlyπŸ˜† May be you could try a set up like the Bedouins who light a fire inside a teepee shaped ‘dress’ and put delicious aromatic spices on it. When you get hot and sweaty inside the tent, you’re cleansed from the inside out and left with a musky spicy smell. Does that remind you of a certain aftershave…hmmm…. Old Spice🀣
    @molij Good on you doing an extra FD… I definitely need to find time for an extra one… Hard to do when I’m not feeling particularly motivated in other words, loving my food!!
    @excelsior12309 I haven’t had anything to do with HRT but its great that something is able to help with those symptoms… Your slow descent is working well for you. Well done.
    @snowflake56 I know when you plant an apple tree grafted onto root stock it takes 6 years to get a full crop. The growers stress their trees to get a full crop annually. Oak trees produce a big crop of acorns every 7 years. I also notice my citrus trees come and go in terms of what they produce.
    @stitchincarol You’re really getting on top of this ‘when and how’ to eat!!Yeah!!
    @jaifaim Yes Let’s hope our MIA friends are girding their loins in preparation for the beginning of next monthπŸ˜„

Steely RESOLVE!!!

Pocket List🍎
    @merry🍏
    @molij
    @snowflake56

Day 26, Germany, FD

Lovely temperature this morning, 17Β°. It will go up to 20Β°, a good temperature for line-dancing.

@funshipfreddie I really hope the electricity will be back tomorrow and life will be more normal again. It’s good to have a small gas stove, at least you can heat water to wash yourself or to make a cup of tea. Your visits to the cafΓ© did pay off, how often do you have to charge your phone?

@excelsior12309 Your dog must have been a brave one, but dachshunds are! My Dad once lived in a house where he had mice. They came from the radiator covers in the floor. We always took our cat with us when we stayed at his house. They never came when the cat was there but as soon as we were gone they came back. They were clever mice, we never found a dead one and our cat was good on catching mice. He never killed them though, he brought them in the hallway where we had a piano. As soon as he let them loose, they ran under the piano. We caught the mice with a bucket and a piece of plywood and left them free again.

@jaifaim Yes, the weather is weird this year, the temperature goes up and down and we had way too much rain. Our garden is beautiful but quite wild and because of the rain we had this year everything grew a lot. We’re not allowed to cut back bushes or trees too much because of breeding birds until the end of this month but in September we want to take out some plants and bushes.

Pocket list day 26
    @merryapple
    @molij
    @snowflake56

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 26 – Ireland – FD – 🚫 βœ… πŸšΆπŸ½β€β™€οΈ 🌾

Morning all! A quick post from me as we set into this last week of August. I’ve had a lovely fun weekend with friends staying and like @merryapple while not super excessive I’ve eaten two big evening meals so I am feeling it this morning.
    @funshipfreddie I hope you are doing ok.

Ok more tomorrow… guests will be gone and normal routine will resume πŸ˜†have a great day everyone!

Onward and downward ⬇️

Pocket list day 26 πŸͺ»
    @merryapple
    @molij
    @snowflake56
    @jaifaim

Day 26 – South Africa πŸ‡ΏπŸ‡¦ – NFD 70.7 kg

@metatauta – 30 – 40 g carbs per day; I guess that’s pretty much Keto? I use MFP sometimes too, but I’ve been trying to navigate the Carb Manager app. Not so easy. I’m also reading ‘End you Carb Confusion : A Simple Guide to Customise Your Carb Intake for Optimal Health’ by Dr Eric Westman. I’m nor really confused, but it’s interesting

@merryapple – πŸ˜‚ I’m not sure what would be worse – lighting the fire + spices or wearing Old Spice?! πŸ₯΄οΈ It’s expected to reach 23 C around noon, so I’m going to attempt a cold shower after lunch 😱

@snowflake56 – I normally only need to charge my phone once per day, but as I’m trying not to use my laptop, & I can’t use my TV I’ve been using my phone a lot, & I need to charge it at lease twice per day. I’ve got a few power banks though too, which have been great. I guess if I get desperate I can always drive around & charge it in the car πŸ˜…

@jaifaim – I’m doing fine. Taking @merryapple‘s advice & trying to Look on the Bright Side. I’ve been without running water before now, & that’s much worse than not having power. I hate to think how much food people have had to throw away though

Sending RESOLVE to the Monday fasters. Stronger Together πŸ’ͺ 🎯

Pocket List – Day 26 🍎πŸͺ»
    @merry🍏
    @molij
    @snowflake56
    @jaifaim

Day 26 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 234 lbs. And one more NFD, because a colleague wanted to take me out to lunch today. Appreciated, but wow how I long for a FD. I’m hoping I can do Tues/Thurs this week. Then there’s a holiday weekend in the U.S. And here I was thinking summer would be easier to do FDs than the winter holiday period LOL! Anyway, I’ll get back on track. I’m already sick of cake and sweets, although I really haven’t overindulged by ordinary standards, I certainly have had more than I want in my WOL!

Anyway, I did banish the reflux last night — I decided no cake after 5 p.m. and no food at all after 9 p.m. Seemed to have work.

Day 26 UK NFD

Bank holiday here today so no Monday FD , I intend to make up for it tomorrow and see out August with good behaviours and then September! I’ll aim to catch up on post and see you all tomorrow πŸ‘‹

Day 26 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

Well, I’m up another two pounds, but am still holding out hope the loss I reported on Saturday is a true loss. DH’s mom is in hospice, has been given “weeks” to live (however long that is, and did I already say??) and when we went to see her yesterday, DH’s three siblings and spouses were all there as well, so at supper we gathered over pizza and beer at one of their houses. Plus ice cream. πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈ So the random day of eating to success has shown up on the scale; I’m hopeful my good behavior today will change the scale to a more palatable number.

Yesterday and today were/are hot and humid–I walked out the door at 7:30 yesterday morning and my sunglasses were immediately foggy from the humidity. When we got to church a block away, the door there was also fogged up. Ugh. The high will again be close to 100, but more telling is that at 1:40 in the morning, the temperature was 84F/29C. It’s always more miserable when it never cools off at night.

I’ve read all the posts, but have no chatter in me this morning. Have a dental appointment in an hour to get my teeth cleaned, the taxes need more work, I want to knit, I’m making eggplant parmesan for supper tonight–lots on my mind and it’s always in the back of my mind to wonder if we’ll need to race off to see my MIL again.

So, I’ll quit and hopefully be chattier tomorrow.

Have a grand one, everyone!

Day 27 NZ NFD 70.9kg 🌧️

Excessive rain across the country, swollen rivers, flooding and slips and the guy in the house below just mowed his lawn in the pouring rain????? He’s part of the duh, Homer Simpson tribe…Humidity 90%

@stitchincarol May your DH’s mother be kept comfortable during this last stage of her long lifeπŸ™
    @brightonbelle and @mollie Enjoy your bank holiday!! I hope you are doing nothing much except enjoying yourselves!!
    @northgeorgia That’s great to hear. you’re really getting it together. Your weight might be up (understandably🎁) but you sound much more in controlπŸ’ͺ
    @funshipfreddie I have hot water and a gas element via LPG bottles. On occasion I have run out and have had a cold shower… it is so invigorating AFTERWARDS!!!
    In the winter of discontent in the 1990s Auckland lost power for more than a week… The transmission relay centre failed… I was working in critical care at the time when the power supply cut out to the hospital… The hospital generators were working but they were supplying the CBD not the hospital. What CHAOS!! All the ventilators, monitors and IV pumps etc were alarming. We had to detach the patients from the ventilators and the visitors and admin staff had to squeeze the ambibags to ‘breathe’ for the patients while the RNs ran around trying to sort the drip feed drugs out, manage blood pressures, do blood gasses to make sure the patients were oxygenated properly…etc etc etc The operating theatres were in full swing… It took half an hour for the engineers to believe us and realise that the hospital really didn’t have any power because it was going to the city centre… It was amazing nobody died but they didn’t – we were after all trained to react to emergencies!! It occurred at 10am on a week day so we had daylight and lots of people around. If it had been the middle of the night and we had been plunged into darkness who knows what might have happened… I have never forgotten how half an hour can seem like half a day!!! This makes me think of the hospital staff working in places like Gaza and the Ukraine trying to do their best for their patients against the odds…
    @jaifaim I thought you were going to congratulate me for a minute there but we have had a shared weekend experience. I can do one big meal without upsetting the apple cart (haha!) but two back to back…???
    @snowflake56 Your cat must have been too well fed or a genuinely nice cat!!!πŸ˜†
    @excelsior12309 Lucky Mojo didn’t meet a Python…😳
    Oh dear, my black humour is coming out… time to post…

Steely RESOLVE!!!
    Only 5 days to go!!! (to SpringπŸ˜„)

Day 27, Germany, NFD

Yesterday’s FD didn’t happen, I was too hungry. It’s fine, my weight is where I want it to be, next FD will be on Thursday.

@funshipfreddie I hope the power will come back today.

@merryapple He was an adorable cat for us and others but unfortunately he caught a lot of birds. He didn’t seem to like mice.

No time to write more, I have to prepare something for the computer club and I have my ballroom lesson at 9:00 am.

Day 27 – South Africa πŸ‡ΏπŸ‡¦ – NFD

@snowflake56 – no such luck. We’re now being told it will be Friday or Saturday, depending on the weather. Gale-force winds are on the way again. That’s how this all started last week. The wind took down one of the rusted metal towers that holds up the lines, & on its way down it took three other towers with it ⚑️
    @merryapple – crikey?! I can’t even imagine how stressful that must’ve been? Apparently our frail-care facility has some kind of back-up power, so we can go to the residents’ lounge to charge phones etc if necessary. I did NOT feel invigorated after the cold shower; just relief that it was over πŸ₯ΆοΈ Anyway, at least my laundry will get done, & the mosaic class will take place as usual, as they’re both in suburbs unaffected by the power failure

Gotta dash, have a good day everyone

Day 27 – Ireland – CD – 🚫 βœ… πŸšΆπŸ½β€β™€οΈ 🌾

Good morning everyone! A rainy grey day here… I wanted to commute on my bike but the winds are high so keeping safe instead and staying off it. The children are mostly back to school here… three months for the older children in secondary and two months for the primary children. Normally the weather is fantastic when they are going back in but not this year 🌧️
    @stitchincarol I am so so sorry to hear the sad news about your MIL. It is such a very tough time but it is great that you can be around to support each other. Thinking of you and your DH πŸ’•
    @merryapple you’re absolutely right!!! I should have looked at your positive πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ and congratulated you on the fact that it was just those two meals πŸ˜‚ I was focusing on my two meals which were quite carb laden and not the norm and I’m back up to 155.5… as they say though… Always Look At The Bright Side Of Life β˜€οΈ Warm and wet here today… so a little like your weather… Al least for us it is warm 😊
    @funshipfreddie how lucky that both laundry and mosaics can take place today. Enjoy and hopefully the mosaic class is fun and I’m sure there will be a good turnout given the circumstances…
    @snowflake56 good luck with the paperwork… I have some very busy work days ahead and some catch ups around work so will be kept occupied.. and out of trouble πŸ˜‚
    I hope @brightonbelle, @molij and all the UK gang enjoyed the extra day off yesterday πŸ„β€β™€οΈ πŸͺ΄ 🧢
    Have a good Tuesday everyone! I need to keep it CD today πŸ™

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 27 UK FD

Aiming to redeem my month <500 cals FD for me today

Oh @stitchincarol we were in the same position with my MIL just a few months ago , words are inadequate πŸ’•
    Stay strong

@funshipfreddie – I still remember the 3 day week and power cuts of the 70s so I imagine it’s pretty tough , hope it’s resolved soon

Day 27 Pocket List πŸ”Ž

@brightonbelle

Day 27, London, UK, NFD

As usual MIA for the weekend plus a Bank holiday on Monday to add to the mix. Anyway, I’m back today after an exhausting weekend …………… with disturbed sleep!!! @stitchincarol, no cattery for Bo-Bo, he’s naturally quite anxious anyway, and I imagine a trip to the cattery would cause him too much distress. I took him to the house on Saturday, expecting a sniffing, territory marking day, but he was so stressed, constant meowing, mouth open panting and leaving sweaty footprints everywhere, it was so bad he kept getting back into his hated carrier, which has now become his SECOND worst place in the world ……………….. after our new house!!πŸ˜₯. He’ll be house bound for the 1st few weeks so I’ll be spending a lot of time petting him and keeping him close to ease his anxiety. The move will be Saturday afternoon and I’ll take Monday off work………………… to recover!!!

Happy belated B’days @metatauta & @northgeorgia!!πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³

@merryapple, such a shame your friend (furry & no so furry) are moving away, Paisley’s going to have to up her game!!🐢🐢 Good grief, I didn’t think hospitals could lose power, even back in the 90’s I thought they ALL had generators! What a close call

@funshipfreddie ………….. more power to you!!⚑⚑⚑🀭 Waiting until Friday or Saturday must seem like forever!! So the laundry schedule is safe, but if you have clean clothes you’ll need to brave the cold shower πŸ₯Ά or join your local gym just to get a hot shower??!!πŸ‹πŸΌβ€β™‚οΈπŸ‹πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ‹πŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ

Right, I need to get back to work, those 2 hours have flown by & I’ve nothing but this post to show for it!!🀭🀭

Stay strong folksπŸ’ͺ🏼

β€œI have come to believe that caring for myself is not self indulgent. Caring for myself is an act of survival.” – Audre Lorde

Day 27-No. VA USA-FD

Well got a cold on Sunday, scratchy throat and runny nose. Maybe allergies, as there are lots of ragweed plants growing and blooming around this time of year. Yesterday ate large sandwich and fries (“chips”) and weight is up 2 # overnight. I wonder why????/s
    We went Sunday to get two cats to help with the mouse situation. One of them weighs 17 #!!!! The other “smaller” one weighs 8 #. More on them later.
    Anyway, back on the wagon today. Will write more tomorrow. Hang in there, all.

Day 27 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 235 lbs. Nasty! Of course, It’s been nearly a week since my last FD, and almost non-stop celebrations, so the 5 lb. increase over last week’s weigh-in is no surprise.

As far as I know, today should be OK for fasting, as should Thursday. It is a 3-day holiday weekend coming up, so it will only be a partial reset this week. I just have to remember that on the regular NFDs to only eat when hungry with good choices, limiting snacking and frequent eating.

Day 27 Pocket List πŸ”Ž

@brightonbelle
    @northgeorgia

USA. Day 27. FD

Day 27 Pocket List πŸ”Ž

@brightonbelle
    @northgeorgia
    @ccco

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Day 27

A quick update. I woke up with mild diarrhea and ended up cancelling my morning lessons; within two hours, I cancelled afternoon lessons. Then we found out that Mark’s mom has declined dramatically just since yesterday, so he’s cancelled his meeting tonight so we can go see her again.

Thankfully, I’m feeling far improved, and could possibly even have taught lessons, but I’m so glad they’re already cancelled.

Busy life with lots of fast changes.

Day 28, FD, Aus

Hello everybody!! After months of absence (read: indulgence) I am back. I thought to myself this morning, next week I will go back to 5:2. Then I asked myself if there was any reason I should not start today, and I had no response to that. So here I am, back, and starting with a WFD.

It will take me a little while to catch up on everyone’s news, but I hope you are all well and hitting goals. Thank you @stitchincarol for keeping the forum going. Chat later!

Day 28, Germany, NFD

Line-dance day again.

@penz Welcome back! I hope your WFD went well, I never managed to do one but for some it seems like a breeze.

@stitchincarol I’m so sorry to hear about your MIL. I hope you feel better by now.

@funshipfreddie Gosh, you really took a cold shower, very brave! It’s good to know you have another place to charge your phone and laptop. Have fun at the line-dance class.

@excelsior12309 I hope it’s just an allergy that soon will be gone. I’m eager to hear how the cats react to the mice. Is 17 # ~7.7 kg? Our last cat was 7.5 kg, he was large but not fat. The vet thought he had the perfect weight for his stature.

@jaifaim Doing things on the computer takes so much time. Not too bad, I didn#t have much time left to eat.

@flourbaby Poor cat, I hope she will feel at home soon. Did she behave like that before? Only a few days before you can move in!

Day 28 – Ireland – FD- 🚫 βœ… πŸšΆπŸ½β€β™€οΈ 🌾

Focus shall be applied today!

@stitchincarol I am so sorry to hear that your Dh’s mum has deteriorated – thinking of you πŸ’• and also hope you are feeling better yourself!

@welcome back @penz!!! Great to have you back with us πŸ’•how is the time off work going? You’re so right – there is no time like the present.

Hi @ccco – I hope you had a great FD ⭐️

Those cats sound like two good mouse catchers @excelsior12309 🐱 I hope you too are feeling better today.

@flourbaby isn’t it amazing how many hours you can waste in work πŸ˜‚ I hope Bo-Bo comes around to the new house on the next visit/move date… They must wonder what we are at half the time, poor animals… πŸ₯°

@merryapple I read back over your account of the power outage to the hospital- what an amazing challenge you all had that day and it is incredible that no lives were lost. I say it often – nurses and doctors are heroes! There is no doubt in my mind. Thinking of all those working in war torn countries now. πŸ˜‡

Off to get on my bicyclette to work 🚲β™₯️

Onward and downward ⬇️

Pocket list day 28 πŸ“
    @penz
    @jaifaim

Day 28, London, UK, CD

I’m not set up for a FD today, I just grabbed what I could last night to prepare a quick lunch, I doubt my mixed bean salad with mackerel will be under 500cals!

Welcome back @penz, how’s the lifestyle of a β€˜Lady of Leisure’ going??

I know; poor Bo-Bo, although I wasn’t saying that at 3am!😑😑 We definitely need to complete this move on Saturday, if only to get him away from the little hussy who comes calling at 3am!!!πŸ€­πŸ˜‚πŸ€­ @snowflake56, he’s just turned 7 and he was given to my mum as a kitten just after my dad passed away in 2017, my mums house is all he’s ever known and he’s VERY territorial. I know the move will be stressful for him, hence the trial run, but I’ll bite the bullet on Saturday and just do it. I don’t look forward to the pitiful crying & general distress, but at least he’ll have familiar furniture by then.πŸ™πŸΌπŸ™πŸΌπŸ™πŸΌ

@funshipfreddie, no doubt you’re on the hunt for power, good luck🀞🏽!!!

Happy fasting folks!!

β€œYour goal is not to battle with the mind, but to witness the mind.” – Swami Muktananda

Day 28 NZ NFD 70.6kgπŸƒπŸΌβ€β™€οΈ

I’ve had a decent in-control day today but I’m feeling hungry and it’s only 8pm….
    We’re installing at the gallery tomorrow so I won’t be around.
    The works look amazing despite their age, which range from 1963-67. I’ll post some photos when we have them.

@penz I’m so pleased you’re back!! Are your dogs still guarding the fridge on your behalf?!!
    @lilymartin has clocked in as well but may well be starting afresh at the beginning of Spring!!
    @flourbaby Oh poor Bo-Bo!! I guess if cats are territorial by nature, moving must be difficult for them. I hope all goes well this weekend.
    @jaifaim Today’s wars are so nasty… The people who make and sell armaments are πŸ‘Ώ
    @snowflake56 Do you wear cowboy boots line dancing? I might join if I can🀠
    @stitchincarol and @brightonbelle Thinking of you both regarding your in-lawsπŸ₯€
    @excelsior12309 Is that 17# of muscle or a fat cat. If it’s the latter I’d put my money on the other one to get the job doneπŸ˜…
    @northgeorgia Lucky you have another 10 years before you turn 60🀣 Sending RESOLVE for your FD!!
    @ccco How was your FD?
    @funshipfreddie Your cold shower must have been too short if you didn’t feel invigorated. Try again for longer🀣
    @at It looks like you are quietly working away. How are you getting on?

Steely RESOLVEπŸ––

Pocket List
    @at

Day 28 – South Africa πŸ‡ΏπŸ‡¦ – NFD

Well, would you believe it? Last night around 8:30 pm I was watching something on my phone, with a couple of candles burning, when one of my lamps came on?! I think I just sat there staring at it for a few seconds before I even considered the possibility that I might have power for the first time in FIVE days! Then I jumped up, switched on my geyser & then just started charging everything in sight. Just as well, because the power went off again just after 10 pm. Now it’s on again. Long story short, we now have a temporary power generating thingy, but it’s not big enough to do the job properly. So we have a ‘load reduction’ schedule along with two other suburbs, & we’ll have regular 2 hour power outages 3 or 4 times per day for maybe another week. But I’m happy, I just had a hot shower! πŸ˜€

@brightonbelle – I just about remember that too! As a kid though, it was sort of exciting πŸ˜…

@flourbaby – when I moved here last year I planned to keep Boo Boo in for a few days. But she spent the whole time gazing out of the windows, so I think I actually let her out on day 2. She didn’t venture too far though.

@excelsior12309 – I hope you manage to shift that cold soon. A 17 lb cat?! That’s about 10 lb heavier than Boo Boo 😳

@stitchincarol – I hope you’re feeling better soon too, & that life can get back to normal πŸ€—

@penz – you’re back! πŸ‘

I’m almost late for line-dancing πŸ•Ί

Happy Hump Day! 🐫

Day 28 UK CD

Yesterday FD went well planning another tomorrow, being mindful on the NFDs getting ready to go all in September , still deciding on the exact approach but have a few days thinking …..I did say I’d host September, unless anyone else has a burning desire ?

Thank goodness you have some power @funshipfreddie πŸ•―οΈ

Good to see you @penz

Wow the move is so near now @flourbaby, I’m sure everything will go smoothly and Bo-Bo will settle in quickly 🀞

Thinking of you making another visit @stitchincarol , hope you’re feeling a bit better , you really don’t need that at this time

Happy 🐫day all

Day 28 North Wales NFD

I have decided to bow out for a while until I have seen the specialist. Feeling very anxious but trying to be positive. I will let you know the outcome. I am still going to fast and read your posts every day for support. Good luck everyone with your weight loss journey. Lots of love to you all Gail xxx

Day 28 – USA/GA – FD, for real

Weigh-in: 236 lbs. Yes, I got sabotaged again. And honestly, next week is looking horrible, too. I will just have to remember the NFD approach of doing some OMADs, 2MADs. I’ll clobber my way back down, but disappointing how one week ruins a month of hard work.

Pocket list day 28 πŸ“
    @penz
    @jaifaim
    @at
    @northgeorgia

Day 28 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

Other than a few minutes here and there, I never did feel fine yesterday, but was well enough to go with DH to spend some time with his siblings at his mom’s bedside, who is close to the end. The advantage of not ever feeling fine is that I had a de facto FD. No idea what caused everything, and even though I thought I was FINE when I woke up this morning, now I’m aware I’m still a bit wobbly. Odd, odd, odd.

@funshipfreddie Oh, how miserable to have to take a cold shower. Everything is miserable at the moment, huh? I do hope they’re able to come through for you on their promised timeline of Friday or Saturday!

@excelsior I hope those cats do the trick for you.

@penz SO good to hear from you! It will be good to get a catch up on how fun your break has been. At this point, I can’t remember when it started, so how much longer do you have?

@flourbaby Oh, poor Bo Bo. That’s an added stress for you when you’re busy trying to get moved, huh? Hopefully, once you have familiar furniture in the new house, Bo Bo will be more willing to relax and call it home.

@merryapple Your hospital story of no power makes it clear how harrowing an experience that was. So glad you all succeeded in keeping everyone safe! And I look forward to some photos; that will be fun!

@funshipfreddie How lovely! Even with the occasional planned outages, it’s still a vast improvement over zero power, huh? And a hot shower? Yeah, that’s the best, despite @merryapple‘s assurances that invigoration can be found in cold showers, LOL!

@brightonbelle So glad you got a good FD under your belt; those are always good for some solid resolve-building.

@molij / Gail Oh, I’m sorry to hear that, but fully support that you need to do what you need to do. I just hope it’s not too long before you’re ready to fully participate again. And I’m glad you’ve promised to let us know the results; I’ll keep you in prayer. πŸ™πŸΌ

@northgeorgia On the other hand…5 x 3,500=17,500 You don’t really think you’ve eaten an extra 17,500 calories in a week, have you??? So it should be a matter of EOEO, and today is the day to start that process. What’s more, I think you’ve lost track of the importance of taking care of yourself. I’m thinking of @flourbaby‘s quote: β€œI have come to believe that caring for myself is not self indulgent. Caring for myself is an act of survival.” – Audre Lorde To me, that quote says it’s not most important to eat what others want you to eat, but to eat what you choose to eat. It’s OKAY to say no to others about what you will and won’t eat. it’s OKAY. β€οΈπŸ‘πŸ₯° (Of course, then the whole question of will power comes in…but you do NOT have to eat just because others think that’s the best way to celebrate you. YOU know the best way to celebrate you. πŸ’ͺ)

Sadly, the taxes are nowhere near done, I have a massive quantity of tomatoes someone gave me (too few to can, and I don’t want to anyway, and too many to eat) and they’re cluttering up the kitchen counter, and there’s some clutter that needs dealing with in the basement so my cleaning lady can work her magic down there in preparation for DD and her family coming for the funeral, which is clearly going to happen far sooner than we thought only a few days ago. Yup, @funshipfreddie, I’m entirely ready for life to return to normal, and to have a few boring days because is anything but boring right now.

Okay, deep breath, and I’m off to tackle it all! Have a grand one, everyone!

Day 29, NFD, Aus

Well, a successful restart to 5:2 I am pleased to report! And thank you for so many lovely welcome backs! We are really are such a friendly, wonderfully supportive group.

I *think* I’ve caught up on the major news from you all (but I’m sure there’s much I’ve missed on my skim through the last few pages. Such busy adventurous lives, and some challenges too. Thinking of you, @stitchincarol and @brightonbelle, and the challenges of aging parent-in-law. Hoping your permanent electricity supply comes back on soon @funshipfreddie – I can’t abide cold showers esp at this time of year! All the best for your move @flourbaby (HOW exciting you’ve bought a house) and for settling in Bo-Bo. Hope you’re ok @lilymartin?

I’m enjoying my year off work (perhaps too much) and have stepped up my daily walks and dog training. I love your suggestion, @merryapple, of having the dogs guard the fridge. They are certainly very attuned to what happens in the kitchen.

Day 29 – Ireland – FD- 🚫 βœ… πŸšΆπŸ½β€β™€οΈ 🌾

Hi everyone!
    I’m so sorry to hear that you must step away but totally understand that it’s important for you @molij – just know that whether you are here or not we will be thinking of you and praying for good news. πŸ™
    I’m sorry I have no more chat in me today but will be back on tomorrow when things are a little calmer but very glad to hear everyone else is well and keeping on keeping on (even with patchy powerπŸ’₯ )
    So incredibly, we are coming to the end of Atomic August and @brightonbelle I’m very happy to hand the baton over to you if you are happy to host.πŸ˜‡
    I have a September ahead which will be busy in a good way with holidays in the second half.
    Hugs to anyone who needs them right now… it a very tough time for some πŸ’•

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 29 – South Africa πŸ‡ΏπŸ‡¦ – FD

Well, silly me. The schedule they sent us with the load reduction times – those two hour spots are for when the power is on, not off! So we have 4 x 2 hours of power per day. And one or two of those is during the night, as the times change every day. Still much better than zero power though, & hopefully just for a few days 🀞

@penz – It’s good to hear you’re enjoying your year off; congrats on a successful FD! 🎯

@molij – best wishes to you. I’m sure we’ll all still be here when you come back πŸ€—

@northgeorgia – ditto what @stitchincarol said. That’s why it’s called a birth-DAY – not a birth-WEEK πŸ˜… If you’ve never a tried low-carb/high fat diet, I’d strongly recommend that you check it out. It could be a game-changer for you.

@merryapple – NO?! 🚿 😱 πŸ₯ΆοΈ

@brightonbelle – thank you for offering to host September πŸ™

Pocket List – Day 29
    @merry🍎
    @jaifaim
    @molij
    @funshipfreddie

Day 29-No. VA USA-FD 800

Well we survived the 100 degree day yesterday. It will now be a delightful (NOT) 90 degree day today. If we were in @funshipfreddie-land, we would really be miserable without some air conditioning! I hope your cold showers are a thing of the past. Though it is something you could brag about, being very rugged and frontiersman-like.

@molij, sending positive thoughts your way. I hope for the best news for you.

@brightonbelle, thank you for hosting in September. I will give it a try for October, if you all are agreeable. I will try to be consistent in posts!

@flourbaby, when I was in medical school years ago, I had a young cat which was named “Crayola” because she was many colors (like the boxes of Crayola crayons we used in school)–she spent a summer with my parents who “didn’t like cats”. When it came time to take her back in the fall, I got a phone call from my mother telling me my father missed having the cat sit with him, and he missed giving her pieces of ham from the delicatessen, and then my father called telling me how much my mother missed having Crayola follow her around the house, soooo she ended going back to live with them for 21 years!
    I am not sure these cats are going to be mousers. Time will tell. They won’t play with the tiny mechanical mouse we bought for them. Not sure what that means….
    @penz, nice to see your name again!

Day 29-No. VA USA-2nd post
    @stichincarol, I am remiss in not sending you a message of support. What a difficult thing it is to watch someone dear fade away. I am thinking of you and your family!

Day 29, London, UK, NFD,

This week has been full of anxiety and very low on quality sleep, so my fasting has taken a backseat, although today I have soup and salad for lunch & dinner, so perhaps a CD.

I haven’t caught up on posts, just a quick skim, @molij, take care of yourself, don’t let anxiety overwhelm you and remember ……………… we’re always here for some anonymous ranting!!!

Work is as manic as my moving/Bo-Bo plans!!😱 I CANNOT wait to be in the house and settled!!

Onward & downwards!!

“I have learned over the years that when one’s mind is made up, this diminishes fear; knowing what must be done does away with fear.” – Rosa Parks

Day 29 UK FD

Oh @molij – you just do whatever will get you through this challenging period πŸ’•

So your power schedule is just like the winter of discontent @funshipfreddie , at least you can get a bit organised

OK I’ll set up the September challenge soon – mindful that our antipodeans need it a day earlier than me 🌎 Can the techie genius that does the spreadsheet work their magic please

Thinking of you @stitchincarol

Big weekend looming @flourbaby πŸ’ͺ

Pocket List – Day 29
    @merry🍎
    @jaifaim
    @molij
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle

Day 29 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 233 lbs. I was happily eating my salad when my mom talked about a chicken/celery/carrot/pasta dish she made and retorted to my fast that, “but this is low calorie.” I knew with all that pasta, it wasn’t true, but didn’t want to hurt feelings, so I had a small portion. So, yeah, I know I shouldn’t care about the feelings of others, but sometimes I have to relent. Still, it didn’t do a whole lot of damage, as finally the weight went down. Hoping after today, I’ll drop a few more before the holiday weekend. I have some major interruptions the first and the third weeks of the upcoming month, but I’ll just have to be more mindful on NFDs. I’m still determined.

Pocket List – Day 29
    @merry🍎
    @jaifaim
    @molij
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @northgeorgia

Day 29 – Rural Nebraska, USA – WFD

Yesterday’s NFD was more of a CD; I was quite pleased with my control. So, even with no WF yet this week, my weight has gone down a few ounces everyday. Now to see what today’s WF accomplishes.

@penz How delightful that your unexpected late-August rather than beginning-of-September start also gave you a successful FD; well done! The longer I do 5:2, the more I am thankful for the days of minimal–or no–eating. It feels GOOD, doesn’t it?

@jaifaim Yup, August has entirely flown by, hasn’t it? I’m sure you’re looking forward to the fun of holidays in September; where are you going?

@funshipfreddie Well, bummer on the 4×2 hours ON not off, but you’re right that even that will be such an improvement. Fingers crossed that it’s all repaired soon!

@excelsior Too funny about your parents going from not liking cats to wanting to keep Crayola. πŸ˜‚πŸ₯° And thanks for offering to host October; that will be wonderful! Oh, and I just saw your seccond post; not remiss at all, but thank you so much.

@flourbaby I can only imagine the stress of a busy work life combined with trying to move combined with a stressed out cat. Deep breaths, honey, you’ll get there and it will be so wonderful!!!!

@brightonbelle Thanks for stepping up to host September!

Have a grand one, everyone!

2nd Post – Day 29

Pocket List – Day 29 πŸ₯š
    @merry🍎
    @jaifaim
    @molij
    @funshipfreddie
    @excelsior12309 FD800
    @brightonbelle
    @northgeorgia
    @stitchincarol WFD

USA. Day 29. FD

Hope everyone is having a great day!
    Pocket List – Day 29 πŸ₯š
    @merry🍎
    @jaifaim
    @molij
    @funshipfreddie
    @excelsior12309 FD800
    @brightonbelle
    @northgeorgia
    @stitchincarol WFD
    @ccco

From 3 pm to 6 pm is when I have the hardest time not eating. I haven’t yet figured out a way out of this! ☹️

Day 30 NZ NFD 70.5kgπŸƒπŸΌβ€β™€οΈ

Had a controlled day not a FD y’day but that’s OK
    Lunch was provided by the galleryπŸ˜€
    Still got a big day ahead of us today…
    Will catch up later😘

Day 30, NFD, Aus

Even though I am not working at the moment, Fridays still have that magical – it’s-about-to-be-the-weekend feel to them.

Thanks for offering to host next month @brightonbelle and for October, @excelsior12309. Great to have such enthusiasm to keep this forum going.

All the best for the move @flourbaby.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Day 30, Germany, CD

just a quick post as I’m having a busy day ahead of me.

@molij Just take you time and try to get as much help you can for your mental wellbeing as you can. We had it when my DH had a major surgery last December, it was an immenense help to us both.

@funshipfreddie I’m glad you have power back for at least a few hours every day.

@merryapple No way we’re dancing in cowboy boots, we don’t like country music. We can wear whatever we like.

@flourbaby I hope everything is well with Bo Bo and he calmed down at bit.

@brightonbelle Thank you so much for offering to host September and @excelsior12309 for offering to do October.

Day 30 – South Africa πŸ‡ΏπŸ‡¦ – NFD 70.2 kg

Had an excellent FD, down half a kilo from the last time I weighed myself a few days ago πŸ’ͺ

@merryapple – all the best for the exhibition! 🎨

@flourbaby – I hope your big move goes smoothly & that you & Bo-Bo are nicely settled this weekend 🏑

@excelsior12309 – thanks for offering to host October. I’ll throw my hat in for November. There, we’re all sorted for almost the rest of the year 🎯

@ccco – how do you usually schedule your FDs? Couldn’t you use a few of your calories between 3 – 6 pm? Just munch on something very low cal, that is going to relieve your hunger, rather than antagonise it?

@snowflake56 – you were asking about cutting the flower petals a few days ago? I guess I’m cheating. Our teacher has loads of them pre-cut in little bags, all different colours & sizes.She says it’s actually very easy. But I’m using hers, at least for the first side of the square vase I’m working on. I made a good start the other day… https://imgur.com/a/WJstAil

So cold here, but nice & sunny. Looking forward to lunch & a long walk 🌀 🌈

Happy Fri-yay! 🍹

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 316 total)

You must be logged in to reply.