Atomic August ๐ŸŸข๐Ÿ”ต๐ŸŸก

This topic contains 316 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  ccco 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 316 total)

• Day 20 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

@stitchincarol – Great video, & I’m so glad everything worked out for your DH’s surprise on Sunday โœจ

@flourbaby – I hope you get to relax & take it easy very soon. Your holiday must seem like a distant memory by now ๐Ÿ˜ต

Gotta dash, laundry dumping day/mosaic making. Have a good day y’all ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™‚๏ธ

Day 20 – Ireland – CD – ๐Ÿšซ โœ… ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿฝโ€โ™€๏ธ ๐ŸŒพ

Hi everyone! Feeling like Iโ€™m keeping steady weight wise – will see on Friday as Iโ€™m staying a little longer where I am. Will get back home on Thursday. I am feeling generally tired and have to force myself to get out and about in the morning at the moment โ€ฆ felt like I might have had a lurgy recently but no temperature etc and am testing and no bad news so maybe just the effects of our bad weather for way too long โ€ฆ.

@funshipfreddie I am so impressed with your ability to send back a free cake. โญ๏ธ I suppose it is all about mindset which you have firmly in place right now. If someone delivered a free yum cake to me I would have to return it if it had gluten but otherwise would find it REALLY hard to refuse itโ€ฆ so I suppose I need to adopt the same attitude to all things that just donโ€™t suit me. Thanks for helping me see that!
    @merryapple – letโ€™s get serious!! โ€ฆ (the tune to โ€œletโ€™s get physicalโ€ popped into my head as I wrote thatโ€ฆ shur why notโ€ฆ letโ€™s get serious and physical ๐Ÿคธ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธโ›น๏ธ๐ŸŠ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ„โ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ‹๏ธ๐Ÿ˜‚
    @brightonbelle isnโ€™t it nice to have a month where you can stay in one placeโ€ฆ I love it and understand that it means you can apply yourself.. ๐Ÿ’•
    @flourbaby I can feel your exhaustionโ€ฆ mind yourself as you enjoy sorting out the new house.
    @stitchincarol fabulous news on the drop โญ๏ธโญ๏ธ I canโ€™t play the video but Iโ€™m so happy that your DH had a lovely birthday! Iโ€™m sorry to hear that his mum has deteriorated but hope you can all work out what care should be provided next.
    Iโ€™m with you on dreaming of boring lifeโ€ฆ just for a little whileโ€ฆ I know meโ€ฆ Iโ€™d get busy again with something but Iโ€™m a little ragged right nowโ€ฆ โ€œtwil be grandโ€ as we say hereโ€ฆ
    @molij you are busy too and @snowflake56 and @jospeirs but we are here! ๐Ÿ’ช
    @northgeorgia as you know I can binge too. Park it and today is a new day ๐ŸŒ… Good for you – expecting surprise celebrations.. whoo hoo ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽˆ my family are rubbish at that so I plan my own ๐Ÿ˜‚
    Ok have a great day everyone. The sun is out here and Iโ€™ve been for a swim in very cold waterโ€ฆ work, checking on mum and maybe a cycle later.
    @lilymartin stick with us ๐Ÿ’•

Onward and downward โฌ‡๏ธ
    We rise by lifting others ๐Ÿ’•

Day 20, London, UK, FD

It WILL be a successful FD as I haven’t got time to mess it up!!๐Ÿคฃ

Busy at work, busier packing, even busier cleaning (can’t deal with grubby, so I’m bleaching the house to within an inch of it’s life!!!๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜œ)

I’m planning to FULLY be installed in the house by 1/9/24, which will be my mums 1 year anniversary๐Ÿ˜ฅ๐Ÿ’”and also my 3 year anniversary for selling my flat to move in with my mum๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿฅฐ.

The world does indeed work in mysterious ways!!

โ€œEvery new beginning comes from some other beginningโ€™s end.โ€ โ€”Seneca

Day 20 – USA/GA – FD??

Weigh-in: 230 lbs. I will plan on another FD500 today, but I still anticipate a 20% chance of lunch invitations LOL! Anyway, I expect I’ll have a successful day, but if not, I can likely put in a FD tomorrow or Thursday.

Congrats on the 162, @stitchincarol

Day 20 NFD NZ 71.4kg ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ

Going up after a FD??? I know that I’ve had too much chocolate in the house and an over indulgent weekend… Oh well! I just need to keep going on the straight and narrow this week.
    Yes @jaifaim… “Lets get physical” That was by Olivia Newton Bomb!! “Let’s get serious” โ€“ Jermaine Jackson… I need to do my core exs which are only happening once a week max…๐Ÿ˜•
    @stitchincarol How lovely your DH is!! And thank you for sharing your Sunday service with us๐Ÿ˜˜
    @brightonbelle I agree… refusing free cake? I would have packed it up and taken it home for later!!
    @jospiers Well done you!! Great to hear you’re doing well!!
    @flourbaby If you keep this up you will be fading away๐Ÿซฅ
    @funshipfreddie How do you catch up on a Scrabble game? Are you playing online?
    @northgeorgia You absolutely need to be in the 120s for your birthday!!
    Bed time for me โ€“ @stitchincarol it’s after 11pm on Tuesday evening!!
    The moon tonight is full ๐ŸŒ• and a blue supermoon. It’s sparkling like a diamond in the sky and I am happy to be a lunatic

STEELY RESOLVE!!

Day 20 – Rural Nebraska, USA – WFD

DH and his 3 siblings ended up making the decision to send their mom to the ER by ambulance yesterday morning where she underwent a ton of tests. All were negative. She had looked near death in the morning and was in severe pain, but within an hour of getting back to her facility mid-afternoon, she was her normal self and had no memory of having been at the ER. In the meantime, we’d met with a hospice person. We’re absolutely stumped as to what to do. ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ When DH and I finally got home at suppertime, I compensated for the frustration and uncertainty with more food than I should have. Today will be a chance to compensate for those bad choices.

@jaifaim Do I remember correctly that you’re staying with your mom? I would think that would be a large part of why you’re so tired–there are a LOT of emotions swirling around you at the moment. Hugs to you.

@flourbaby Oh, wow. I’m exhausted just reading what all you’re busy doing! I can well believe today willl be a totally successful FD and am so glad you’re getting close to the fun part of moving!

@northgeorgia Good luck with no obligations interfering with your FD and congratulations on another nice 230!

@merryapple I thought of you yesterday as we were driving to be with DH’s mom, and it went like this: Okay, it’s 8:40 am. That means is 2:40 in the afternoon in London. that means it’s 1:40 in the morning for @merryapple. Yup, she’s asleep. ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ I’ve finally learned how to know your time, so thanks for helping with that. And bummer on the higher weight after a FD…it simply doesn’t seem fair, huh? But who knows what all is behind it, and you’ll have a lovely drop soon, I’m sure.

Have a grand one, everyone.

โ€œDonโ€™t give up what you want most for what you want now.โ€

Day 17 North Wales ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓ ณ๓ ฟ FD

Drove back from my sisters today through mid Wales and parts of North Wales. Wales is such a beautiful country and am so lucky to live here. I have two weeks before my appointment at the hospital. I need to keep busy, busy, busy. I am going to spend the next few days sewing I think.

@stitchincarol. Well done on your weight loss. Loved the video you posted. So glad your husband is better. So sorry to hear your mother in law was not well. I do hope they find out what is wrong with her. Such a worry.

@merryapple it sounds very cold in NZ at the moment. I hope the weather warms up for you soon.

@funshipfreddie well done for refusing the cake. Black Forest gateau is my favourite cake. I would have struggled to refuse it.

@snowflake56 Shame you couldnโ€™t pick all the Mirabelles. Have you decided what you are going to make with the ones you have picked?

@jaifaim the weather hasnโ€™t been good in the UK recently has it? It seems to have rained for most of the summer. Safe journey home in Thursday.

@ brightonbelle I might have to set a revised goal for August too. This month so far has not been a good one and I have found it difficult to stay on track. Next month will not be much better as I am away again for the first two weeks of the month.

@flourbaby hope your FD was successful today. Such an exciting time for you moving into your new home. Sending you hugs for your Mums first anniversary. It will be a sad but happy day for you ๐Ÿค—.

@lilymartin welcome back.

โ€œSuccess is getting what you want, happiness is wanting what you get.”โ€“Ingrid Bergman.

Day 21 NZ NFD 70.4kg๐Ÿ‘€

I was hoping๐Ÿซฐthat if I just worked on my basic regime of porridge or muesli for breakfast, soup and sourdough at lunchtime and protein and veg at night with grapefruit, oranges (off my trees) and apples in-between for several days that I would make a U-turn… And it worked!! I was presuming that as I got closer to my goal it would be more difficult to lose weight but really it’s being consistent about what you eat. Or don’t eat. The 5:2 to me is more about about the weekly total intake rather than the day to day so it’s possible to have an expensive weekend as long as you remember to follow up with modest intakes for the next few days… ๐Ÿง And KEEP POSTING!!!

@jaifaim Sometimes you just need some down tools time to catch up with yourself… I’d say if you can stay in bed when you don’t want to get up, just do it!!! You’re super fit and maintaining but this doesn’t mean you don’t need a little extra rest and/or sleep from time to time๐Ÿ˜˜
    @stitchincarol Oh dear…
    The best laid schemes o’ mice n’men
    Gang aft a-gley…. Robbie Burns
    I think the most common cause of acute pain in the very elderly is gas and constipation… It’s so difficult when they can’t tell you what’s happening…
    And now this has resolved, you can have the full attention of your DH and continue to celebrate his 70th. He deserves more than just one day!!!
    @snowflake56 I notice on the sheet you have come down more than a kg now you’re in maintenance๐Ÿ˜!!! Well done!!! Keep up those good maintenance habits!! I’m watching a wee Silvereye bird perched on the pith edge of an hollowed out grapefruit. It’s dipping it’s head in and out eating the sweet fruit!!
    @flourbaby Your darling mother would be so proud and happy that you are in your own home now. I’d recommend buying her favourite flowers for your new home and display in a prominent position. Everytime you go past them you will smile and remember good times๐Ÿ’•๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒท
    @northgeorgia Ditch those UPF extras and focus on good food like an ๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ˜Šfor a snack!!!Your mantra is 120s, 120s, 120s!!!๐Ÿ’ช
    @jospeirs I have added your name to our monthly sheet in case you would like to use it. Here’s the link:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XjKf59ptWZPqUur45jd75n4kPX5YSc54lus5prEivZM/edit
    @molij Wales sounds so beautiful…So nice to have your sister reasonably close so you can drive across it!! You can’t have the green green grass of home without rain… it is still wintery here but the sun is definitely warmer. We have fronts with wet grey clouds rolling through followed by patches of sunshine. There are so many rainbows in the sky๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒฆ๏ธ Four seasons in one day…
    Won’t you be sewing your dress for the wedding?!!
    How are you going @at, @lilymartin, @bert1802 and @ccco??? And @fatrabbit and @leoniraats, we haven’t forgotten you!!! I know @metatauta and @excelsior12309 will clock in soon!!!

CONSISTENCY and CONTROL!!!
    ๐Ÿ11 days to go to September!!

Day 21 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

My RESOLVE is really being tested this week. There were even more people at the mosaic class yesterday. There’s a group of 5 friends who only go every other week, so there were + 20 of us. And virtually everyone brought food?! Sausage rolls, quiches, mini pies, cakes, you name it. And of course I was asked a few times, ‘aren’t you going to eat something?’. One of them said, ‘we can’t help it, when we see a man we want to feed him’ ๐Ÿ˜… Anyway, my coaster set is complete. I’m so proud, it’s like I passed my driving test all over again ๐Ÿ˜‚

@merryapple – down a kilo overnight?! ๐ŸŽฏ forgot to answer your question re Scrabble. Yes, it’s online (Words with Friends) I always have 6 or 7 games on the go, including one with @songbirdme

@molij – I love Black Forest too. I’d been eyeballing the delicious-looking cheese & bacon croissants while I was ordering my coffee though, so if I could resist those I think I can resist anything. I love the quote!

Must dash ๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿ’ƒ Happy Hump Day! ๐Ÿซ

Day 21, Germany, CD

@funshipfreddie Line-dance day again! You’re really getting into mosaic making, aren’t you. I once made a large matchbox cover from small Italian pieces of glass as a child. One of my friends at school was Italian and brought a whole bag of small glass pieces from holiday so we could make something out of it for mother’s day.

@molij We only picked 4 kgs of mirabelles so we just eat them. Just try to keep busy to stop your mind from worrying.

@merryapple I don’t think I lost anything this month, I just go up and down but it’s fine. My clothes seem to fit a bit better though. Enjoy watching the Silvereye birds nibbling on your grapefruits! We have a lot of grapes also this year, it’s always interesting who is going to eat them, the birds mostly win.

@stitchincarol It’s always hard to decide what is the best for parents when it’s difficult to take care of them in the facility they are living.

My breakfast is being served to I’ll stop here.

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 21 – Ireland – FD ๐Ÿšซ โœ… ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿฝโ€โ™€๏ธ ๐ŸŒพ

Hi all! A good CD yesterday although did have too much sugar.. I found a very good episode of the Diary of a CEO regarding the over-consumption of refined / added sugars which served as a reminder to me to cut it outโ€ฆ sugar has been making its way back in to my diet and it affects me – creaky bones etc. Basically it has no nutritional value and causes us to want moreโ€ฆ and moreโ€ฆ and moreโ€ฆ Iโ€™ve known this of course for a long time but had let my focus lapse.
    @merryapple bravo to you!! Youโ€™re applying yourself and it is showing. Thanks for the compliment ๐Ÿ˜„ Iโ€™m not super fit by any stretch but thereโ€™s no doubt that Iโ€™m generally active but yes I do need down timeโ€ฆ particularly nowโ€ฆIโ€™m generally good at that but things have become a little more hectic recently both home life and work life so I am trying to navigate this as best I can. @stitchincarol yes you are right, Iโ€™m here at my home place (and staying in mumโ€™s and siblings houses) so there is a lot of emotion too at the moment as we never know what each day will bring ๐Ÿ’•. Thank you – I caught that hug ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ’•

Oh @flourbaby that is mysterious and special! I love the Seneca quote and am interested in the Stoics generally. I come from a family of stoic people – maybe we all do ๐Ÿค” I follow Ryan Holiday and enjoy his books and thoughts.

@molij I agree – where you live is beautiful! All that you can do now is take every day one step at a time, keep yourself distracted and believe that all will be well ๐Ÿ’• enjoy the sewing ๐Ÿงต
    @funshipfreddie hope your busy day went well!!! Fun fun fun ๐Ÿคฉ ๐Ÿ–ผ๏ธ oops Iโ€™ve just read about the sausage roll gangโ€ฆ you poor thing! Itโ€™s tough being a man๐Ÿ˜‚
    @snowflake56 enjoy your breakfast! Youโ€™re doing well and I suspect a little drop is in the way given the clothes- fit situation ๐Ÿคฉ

@northgeorgia good on you! Youโ€™ll be below 230 in notntime ๐Ÿ’ช

Hi to all @merryapple listed aboveโ€ฆ we would love to hear from you if you feel you can post. But know some of you are there reading so hope you are well!

Pocket List โ€“ Day 21 ๐Ÿฆ

@jaifaim

Day 21 UK NFD

Week hasnโ€™t gone as planned, off to visit FIL early tomorrow, and facing some of the problems @jaifaim and @stitchincarol are facing with elderly relatives , we also have other relatives and friends that we are meeting up with while we are โ€œup north โ€œ so not all sad , will catch up when back

Happy ๐Ÿซ day

Day 21-No. VA USA-NFD

Weight is stable. I am presently dealing with a MOUSE situation in the kitchen. This occurs from time to time, when openings to the outside (such as under the sink, around pipes) are not secured with foam or other blockages. So one got trapped yesterday but WAS NOT DEAD….uggh. I made my husband get out of bed and deal with it. This morning there was another, quite deceased . Of course there is never just one mouse…or ant…or other creature. I am not afraid of mice but they need to stay outside and I will not bother them there.
    Weather is so nice an fall-like. It will not last past Friday, though. Back to the heat and humidity. Grrr.
    Everyone sounds quite busy. I will write more later! But I am still with you guys!

Day 21 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 229 lbs. @excelsior12309 Sorry to hear about your mouse situation! I am dealing with a fire ant situation. I think I have it under control, then suddenly, I’ll find an army of them in the honey, a bag of pork rinds, after the peanut butter, etc. Knock on wood, I’ve only seen a few scouts in the past week, but yuck! Still, not as awful as the mouse situation! Hope you get everything under control.

@merryapple or 220s LOL! I’m ok with 150s, but 120s would be too much haha ๐Ÿ™‚ Still, great advice to pick something healthy over the UPFs. I’m thinking a small bag of baby carrots for the crunch.

Day 21 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

My WF went well yesterday. Several times, I felt ravenous…until I stopped and thought about it, and realized I’m simply accustomed to food in my belly, and it was the contrast I was feeling, not an actual need. Those are the kinds of thoughts that help me on NFDs, so I’m holding on to that realization as I choose food on this NFD.

@molij I’m glad you enjoyed the video; DH and I have watched it multiple times and end up grinning every time. What are you sewing?? That’s always of interest to me, and is a great way for you to stay busy while you wait for your appointment in about two weeks.

@merryapple Well said in your opening paragraph, and so important to remember. And WELL DONE on dropping down!

@funshipfreddie Yeah, the older I get, the more irritated I get by the “need” to have food at each event–just like at the retreat I attended last Friday night where there was a boatload of junk. I felt truly noble when I succeeded in ignoring every last bit of it, but I can’t imagine the added challenge of the women encouraging and pestering you to go snack. ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’ช

@jaifaim One of the conundrums I keep trying to sort out is how, when I was raising our kids, I would make a dessert every third or fourth day, and it would be all gone within 48 hours, and the rest of the time, I had no sugar. I was fine with that routine of occasionally indulging but not always. So how is it that I crave sugar All. The. Time. now??? I’ve been working on pulling back from sugar, and am partially succeeding–but have so far to go, that it can’t be evident to anyone but me, LOL!

@brightonbelle Enjoy your trip, and I hope any decisions you face are easily decided!

@excelsior12309 Oh, I had a mouse problem a year ago, and ended up killing twelve (or more?) of them before they were all gone. I hope you get rid of yours entirely before they’ve mated and multiplied!!!! And well done on stable weight! Staying the course will ensure you eventually drop further, and in the meantime, your body is still shrinking from the weight you were before!

@northgeorgia NICE WEIGHT this morning! And yes, baby carrots are a great snack; I too like the crunch they provide.

Okay, today I start in on the taxes I should have done last spring…we filed an extension instead, and it’s time to face the music. UGH. I know what to do, I’m good at it, it’ll all be fine–but I can’t say I actually LIKE doing it, LOL!

Have a grand one, everyone.

โ€œDonโ€™t give up what you want most for what you want now.โ€

Day 22 NZ FD 70.8kg ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ

A little up but that’s why we have FDs…๐Ÿ˜

@northgeorgia ๐Ÿคฃ Silly me!! And well done you!! I’ve taken to cutting up a carrot while preparing a meal… It’s so easy to have my ‘fingers in the till’ so to speak when cooking…
    @funshipfreddie Coasters for hot drinks on the furniture rather than EtOH drinks, I take it!! Can you post a photo if acceptable?!!
    @excelsior12309 Mice seem to be a theme… I saw field mice up on Mount Eden this morning… I am sure we have rats amongst the volcanic rocks but they’re quite secretive. I occasionally see one using the old Oak tree branches as a highway, which isn’t good since they prey on birds’ nests… I tend to rely on neighbourhood cats to do the dirty work but I think I should invest in some traps…
    @brightonbelle Enjoy your trip northwards!!
    I have just over a week before the exhibition opens Saturday week so will likely be on shorter posts depending on what I have to achieve each day…

In the meantime
    CONSISTENCY and CONTROL!!!

Pocket List๐ŸŒˆ
    @funshipfreddie
    @merry๐ŸŽ
    @molij
    @snowflake56

Day 22, Germany, NFD

Normally this would be my FD but we’re going to have lunch with the computer club in a small village nearby. Most of them are going on their bikes but we’ll have to take the car as bikes and I don’t match, it’s a bit embarrassing as I’m Dutch.

@funshipfreddie Well done on finishing your coasters! What will be your next project?I’m not very fond of people bringing lots of food with them and trying to convince me I should eat of it. Wherever you are, there is always food. Why do we have to celebrate birthdays at the sports club?

@excelsior12309 Oh, mice. We have them in the garden but they don’t come into the house (well, not yet perhaps). We also have a rat that come to drink from the water bowls on the terrace. We have a canal ~50 meters from our house so it’s normal to have them. As long as they don’t come into the house it’s fine.

@jaifaim I’m also back to eating sugar. I can avoid it for a while but then I give in. It’s just hard to resist.

Day 22 – Ireland – CD – ๐Ÿšซ โœ… ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿฝโ€โ™€๏ธ ๐ŸŒพ

Hi all!

A good FD yesterday and Iโ€™ll head home later today, all going well.
    So, my thought is: sugar makes us think we absolutely want/ need itโ€ฆ Iโ€™m the first to be fooled. ๐Ÿคก
    Main focus for the next while is to avoid it where I can and ultimately get back to โ€œsugar freeโ€ SF (refined sugar that isโ€ฆ โœ… – no sweeteners – I donโ€™t like them). They say it poses as much of a threat to our general health as cigarettes doโ€ฆ just easier to enjoy around others. Imagine you had to walk outside to eat it or could not eat it in certain placesโ€ฆ we would think about it a lot more.
    Sorry Iโ€™m not getting to respond to posts today.
    Just musingsโ€ฆ
    Have a great day everyone!

Day 22 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – FD

@stitchincarol – I’m glad you said that re having food at every event. It never even occurred to me there would be food at a mosaic class?! So why should I feel guilty when I decline to eat it?

@jaifaim, @snowflake56 – Sugar – I’ve done well the last 10 days or so. Haven’t even looked at a KitKat, Chunky or otherwise ๐Ÿ˜… I’ve just had a little dark chocolate on NFDs. I think not having it at all is easier than occasionally indulging though. Some researchers say it’s more addictive than opioid drugs such as cocaine, so it’s no wonder we struggle with it. We don’t need it at all in our diets. ‘The sugar you eat today is the sugar you crave tomorrow’.

@snowflake – I think my next project will be sprucing up a terracotta pot for a ficus tree I’ve got in my enclosed patio. It’s currently sitting in a dull-looking plastic pot & definitely deserves to live in something more attractive.

@brightonbelle – enjoy your trip!

@merryapple – the coasters will work for any drinks, I guess! Here’s a picture. It doesn’t do them justice, though I say so myself ๐Ÿ˜…
    https://imgur.com/a/P8UPhXm

Weather for ducks here today, after a lovely few days. I’ve got a few errands to run, & plenty to do to avoid thinking about food.

RESOLVE to my fellow Thursday fasters ๐ŸŽฏ

Pocket List๐ŸŒˆ
    @funshipfreddie
    @merry๐ŸŽ
    @molij

Day 22, London, UK, NFD

I’m exhausted today, Bo-Bo was determined to wake me up in the wee hours to let him out, I think he had a date!! Then I couldn’t get back to sleep for worrying about him, because I could hear a fox ‘barking’ in a nearby garden!!๐Ÿ˜ฒ So, I’ve been awake, on & off, since about 2a.m.๐Ÿฅฑ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿฅฑ

Lovely coasters @funshipfreddie, I’ll patiently wait for the plant pot reveal!!!

Happy fasting folks.

“Changes that seem small and unimportant at first will compound and turn into remarkable results if youโ€™re willing to stick with them for years.” – James Clear

Day 22 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 230 lbs. OK, first post-FD completed yesterday, and probably won’t be able to do another one until Tuesday. Got to remember to avoid as many UHPs and “snacks” as possible; just eat when hungry — outside of the celebration bits…

I remember during my college studies, I opted for a couple of religious study electives because they seemed interesting and read up on a few extra books, too. I remember one author said that food and meals throughout human history have always been strongly linked to celebrations, special events, and vice-versa — that mealtimes are strongly connected to a need to socialize. I feel the same pain that in our modern world, there has to be naughty snacks at almost every major meeting, but it seems to be something deeply embedded into human society.

Day 22 – Rural Nebraska, USA – WFD

At last, I’m back to my school year schedule, and will do another WF today. Thursdays have always been the harder WF since I only teach 3 lessons, meaning I have to go longer in the day before I leave and am distracted from food, and I’m done and home earlier in the evening than on Tuesdays. So I think I’ll find some errands to run or just wander through a store that has nothing to do with food before I come home, LOL.

I feel full this morning. That means I ate too much yesterday evening, I think. I’m curious: how do each of you feel in the morning? Empty? Full? Neither empty nor full? I’m especially curious about those of you who are permanent/full-time members of the ZBC.

@snowflake56 You made me chuckle at your “…it’s embarrassing; I’m Dutch” comment. I knew you had talked in the past about not being able to balance on a bike, but I wouldn’t have connected it with the expectations of an entire country! ๐Ÿ˜‰ What about a tandem bike, a bike for two? Could you do it if your husband is in front?

@jaifaim Yeah, I have the same thoughts about artificial sweeteners…Safe travels home!

@funshipfreddie I too would not have thought there’d be food at a mosaic class! And your coasters are BEAUTIFUL!

@flourbaby Oh, you poor thing. I’ve had enough nights like that (thanks only to my own inability to sleep, not because of an amorous cat…) that I know how you feel. You’ll really appreciate falling into bed tonight!

@northgeorgia I think you hit the relationship on the head–it’s food+socializing. We should each of us conduct a little study in our lives, and when we’re at such an event, decline the food saying, “I prefer to eat only at mealtimes, so I’m conducting a mini-study to see the reactions of other people when I decline food at a social event.” Okay, that’s way too snarky, huh? ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ’ช

Have a grand one, everyone!

We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The difference is discipline weighs ounces while regret weighs tons. – Jim Rohn

Day 22 Pocket List๐ŸŒˆ
    @funshipfreddie
    @merry๐ŸŽ
    @molij
    @stitchincarol WF

Day 22 North Wales ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓ ณ๓ ฟ FD

I was advised to stop taking my HRT when I saw the doctor a few weeks ago. I have reduced it substantially as I know what itโ€™s like to suddenly stop taking it. I had to do that some years ago when I broke my ankle. I am now finding it difficult to sleep at night because I am so hot and my anxiety is building up. I became increasingly anxious when I stopped it before. I am hoping when I see the specialist I will be able to take it again. Hoping for a good FD today.

@stitchincarol. I made matching headbands yesterday for two of the granddaughters and today I am going to cut out a hoodie in a gorgeous fushia pink sweatshirt fabric. Well done on completing your water fast. I still havenโ€™t plucked up the courage to attempt one. Hope todayโ€™s goes well.

@merryapple I am not sewing the dress for the wedding yet. I do need to start it soon. I have the pattern fabric and notions ready. I plan on having a sewing day with a friend and I plan to start the dress then.

@funshipfreddie your mosaic class sounds lovely and your coasters are beautiful. I love cheese and bacon croissants too. When I lived in SA I used to eat a savoury donut that was filled with a minced meat mixture. Do they still make them?

@snowflake56 enjoy eating the plums. Itโ€™s Victoria Plum season in the UK at the moment so I have been buying those in the supermarket. I used to have a tree in a house I once lived in. It was always a battle to see who got the plums first, us or the wasps. Doing my best to stop worrying. Just over a week to wait now.

@jaifaim I try not to eat sugar. I do enjoy chocolate and ice cream. I would find giving up chocolate very difficult, especially the chocolate which contains nuts. I restrict my self to chocolate on the occasional Sunday and ice creams when I go somewhere special.

@ brightonbelle sorry your week hasnโ€™t gone as planned. Have a nice time away.

@flourbaby hope you sleep much better tonight. Itโ€™s not nice when you canโ€™t sleep.

@northgeorgia I agree with you totally about naughty snacks being embedded into our society. I think alcohol is too. Hope you manage to get your fire ants under control. We had a problem with ants once luckily they were not in the kitchen.

@excelsior12309 hope you manage to sort out your mouse problem. We have had problems with mice getting in the same way. We put poison down in the cupboard under the sink to get rid of them. We live in a very d house. Every year we would get mice in the kitchen and rats in the loft when the weather turned cold. Poison would kill them but the rats would leave a terrible smell in the house as they decayed. We had our house re-rendered 3 years ago and touch wood ๐Ÿชต we havenโ€™t had them since. I think the builder managed to seal all the holes they were finding to get in.

โ€œIn order to relax, it is necessary to let go of all control and surrender to the present moment.โ€ โ€“ Eckhart Tolle

Day 22 Pocket List๐ŸŒˆ
    @funshipfreddie
    @merry๐ŸŽ
    @molij
    @stitchincarol WF

USA. Day 22. FD

Day 22 Pocket List๐ŸŒˆ
    @funshipfreddie
    @merry๐ŸŽ
    @molij
    @stitchincarol WF
    @ccco

I finally decided that I need to go full on fasting again. I have been doing too much recovery celebrating! :(. I am back on the pocket list. ๐Ÿ™‚

Excelsior12309, I sympathize with your mouse problem. I put a mouse guard on an outside kitchen vent and it seems so far that I have not had any other intruders. I did have a bat get into my house this year! I am so not loving bats!! Nature is always trying to take over my house!!

MollJ, I love hearing about your sewing the dress for the wedding. Years ago, when I got married, I made my own wedding dress!

I have been babysitting my granddaughter for the past few days. It’s not easy for me to do such things yet but I am looking forward to being my old self again soon.

I have to sign off for now. She is on her way!!

Have a great day! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Second post

@funshipfreddie I realized I could post a picture of DH’s Fair Isle in progress, so took a photo, went to the app, found the photo, clicked NEXT. On that page, I had the option of giving it a name and choosing whether it was public or private before posting. So I left it private, and clicked POST–and nothing. I tried several times, and when I chose private, the POST button was “live,” but the post doesn’t show up anywhere. If I change it to public, the POST button is faded and won’t post. What am I missing???????

Third post

Hah! Found it! Instead of looking under “Hidden” (and clearly it wasn’t under “Public”), I chose “All”–and there were all the attempts I’d made to post things. I still can’t make any of the public, however…very odd.

https://imgur.com/a/Z3UT7fI

Day 22 – 2nd Post

@stitchincarol – that’s going to be a lovely sweater! ๐Ÿ˜ And I’m sure it’s a lot more complicated than making mosaic coasters ๐Ÿ˜… I didn’t use the Imgur app though, I used my laptop. I don’t know if that makes a difference. I log on with my Google account (no password necessary) then click on ‘New post’ & then ‘Choose photo/video’. So if the photo is in one of your files, you just click on ”open’ & voila!

Here’s what I’ve got in mind for my next project. A bit more ambitious, I think ๐Ÿ˜ณ https://imgur.com/a/YB0fn4U

Fourth post, lol

David, that’s stunning. Ambitious, yes, but I’ll bet you get lots of help with the challenging parts!

Day 23 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD 70.5 kg

I’m glad that FD is out of the way. It wasn’t the easiest, & the vile weather didn’t help. I hope there’s plenty of PFDS going around this morning ๐ŸŽฏ

@ccco – good to see you back on the pocket list; how did it go? ๐Ÿ’ช

@flourbaby – I hope you’re on schedule for your big move next week. September 1st, one of my favourite days of the year. The first day of spring here, & my best friends’ wedding anniversary. It’s also my SA-nniversary, the day I first arrived in South Africa 37 years ago

@molij – the savoury doughnut you mention sounds like vetkoek (pronounced ‘fet-cook’ & means ‘fat cake’) Very popular, you can buy them everywhere here. Here’s a recipe: https://thebigtastybite.com/south-african-vetkoek-with-curried-mince/

Happy Fri-yay! ๐Ÿน

Day 23 – Ireland – CD – ๐Ÿšซ โœ… ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿฝโ€โ™€๏ธ ๐ŸŒพ
    153lbs
    Hi all! Iโ€™m happy to see Iโ€™m still in maintenance zone after the weeks working away from home. A minor miracle Iโ€™d sayโ€ฆ but like some others I have been really looking at what I am eating and beginning to go back to wiser choices.
    Hi @ccco – good to hear from you!! Another crafty person in our midst.. you are all very talented! I hope things get easier for you as you, hopefully, find more energy.
    @molij Iโ€™m so sorry you had to stop the HRT and youโ€™ve noticed a return of the vasomotor symptoms โ€ฆ they are so debilitating so I really do feel for you. ๐Ÿ’•
    @funshipfreddie what fabulous creations!! Great to hear you and a few others are kicking the sugar habitโ€ฆ itโ€™s easier when there is a few of us ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’ช
    @flourbaby I hope you get some rest this weekend. ๐Ÿ’• ๐Ÿฑ ๐ŸฆŠ ๐Ÿ™„
    @snowflake56 bikesand you donโ€™t matchโ€ฆ I love it! Come onโ€ฆ letโ€™s quit the sugar little by littleโ€ฆ ๐Ÿฅฐ
    @merryapple all the best with the exhibition prep! Iโ€™m
    Sure it will be wonderful!
    @brightonbelle thinking of youโ€ฆ I called to another friend on the way home yesterday who is the same boat and it is taking such a tollโ€ฆ Mind yourself and enjoy the fun part of the trip up north.
    Isnโ€™t it great to get back to routine @stitchincarol โญ๏ธ Distraction is the best approach to fastingโ€ฆIn relation to social eating: I have realised how much I ate without thinking in the past now that I canโ€™t eat glutenโ€ฆ all those platters with delectable canapรฉs, all those burgers + buns and chips at the barbecue, all the crisps (chips) I would indiscriminately tuck into.. not to mention beers etcโ€ฆ all gone from my diet and it is interesting to observe how much people eat without thinking at these events particularly when drink is involved. Iโ€™ll admit Iโ€™m often envious but.. there is no doubt itโ€™s decreased the amount of social eating I doโ€ฆ
    Have a lovely Friday everyone. A quiet night tonight and then a busy weekend with visitors.

Day 23, Germany, FD

We had a lovely day out with the computer club yesterday but of course I ate too much so it’s good to have a FD today.

Most of us seem to have a problem with sugar. When I was younger, I ate a lot less, now I’m getting older, I seem to crave it more. For me it’s the best to not buy it and have it in the house. We always have chocolate sprinkles and marmalade but I only have it once in a while as I have it on bread. I do take sweeteners in my yoghurt though, I know it not good but it tastes so much better.

@flourbaby I hope you had a good sleep last night.

@ccco How did your FD go? It’s good to go back to the things you did before surgery, it will make feel more yourself again. How lovely to make your own wedding dress.

@stitchincarol What a beautiful sweater but so difficult to knit! We also thought a tandem could solve the problem so we bought a tandem ~20 years ago, It didn’t work at all as I wasn’t not very good at giving up control. It was very boring too, you just paddle away.

@funshipfreddie Lovely coasters, you did well! The flower pot is quite a large project but it looks beautiful. It must be hard to cut the flower petals all in the right shape.

@molij We don’t have Victoria plums in Germany, the most common variety here are “Zwetschgen”, they look like Damson plums but don’t seem to be the same. I don’t like them, they are a bit sour. I don’t know anything about HRT, do you have to take it forever? I know German women often have it, they seem to have a lot of menopausal problems, Dutch women seem to have less. I’m so glad I never had any problems, my period stopped and that was it.

@jaifaim Well done! Staying in maintenance while being away is an achievement. Sometimes (to be honest most of the time) I don’t want to make wise decisions, I just want to live life to the fullest in every way if possible. It works with a lot of things but unfortunately not with eating sugar. For me the only way seems to be to cut it out totally.

Pocket list day 23
    @snowflake56

2nd post

Just reread my post but can’t correct anything anymore. Sorry for the nonsens language here and there. Too much sugar yesterday!

2nd Post – Day 23

@snowflake56 – there’s nothing wrong with your post; I understood every word ๐Ÿค—

Day 23, London, UK, NFD

In answer to your questions ………………. NO!!! No, I didn’t have a better nights sleep! NO BO-BO did not decide to have a night in! No, this weekend is not likely to be restful as the cleaning/moving malarkey continues!!๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿฅฑ๐Ÿ˜ณ Roll on September 1st, if I get moved in on the 31st I plan to sleep ALL day Sunday the 1st!!!๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ๐Ÿคฃ

Yesterday’s FD was a blur, perhaps the cheesy cauliflower tipped me over the 500cal mark though, I’m too exhausted to count calories, but mindful & sensible choices should keep me on the right path!๐Ÿคž๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿฝ

@funshipfreddie, I’ve nicked the picture of the pot for a (distant!) future project, it’s lovely! September 1st is sending me some seriously good vibes!!!๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

@stitchincarol, that jumper is beautiful, I wouldn’t even know where to start, it’s a very intricate pattern!๐Ÿ˜ต

I hope I’ll have more time to read posts and comment next week and certainly after ‘move-in day’, it’s all a bit rushed at the moment.

Onward & downwards folks!!

“The power of community to create health is far greater than any physician, clinic or hospital.โ€ โ€“ Mark Hyman

Day 23 NZ NFD 70.2kg ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿท

It’s been another busy day but I’m on schedule, I think… I’ve finished the text for the room sheet, the framed works are ready to be picked up and plans are in place for installing next week. We’re having a conversation which will be filmed next Saturday, the day of the opening. Whew!!!

@flourbaby No Bo-Bo No!!! ๐Ÿ›Œ๐Ÿ’ค We’re trying to encourage people to keeps their cats inside at night because that’s when they go hunting birds. But I suspect that habit has to start at kittenhood…
    @snowflake56 That’s a perfect use of a FD to balance out eating the day before!!! That’s funny about your tandem bike trial. It would be worse than being a pillion passenger on a motorbike, I think!! When I was in Beijing in 1984 there were 3 million bikes there, more people than in NZ at the time…
    @jaifaim Well done you to live life and return home and still be in maintenance!!! That sounds like normality๐Ÿ˜ƒ
    I agree with everyone about there being too much food available at every possible gathering. It’s especially annoying if it’s rubbishy food. @flourbaby‘s “You are not a bin!!” is a great line!!
    @funshipfreddie Very smart coasters! To produce four mosaics that look like a set first up is great going!! Your Ficus will love your next project too!!
    Wow @stitchincarol Your knitting looks fabulous!! Who designed it? No wonder it was taking you an hour to do a row!!
    @ccco How old is your wee grandaughter??
    @molij You sound like a very professional seamstress!! Enjoy your sewing. It always feels good to make things!!
    @northgeorgia You just need to listen to your own advice!!!
    Time for bed … it’s 11pm on Friday night.

Be a Weekend Warrior everyone!!!

3rd Post – Day 23

@stitchincarol – I forgot to answer you question re how I feel in the mornings. I guess neither full nor empty. I’ve usually finished eating at least 2 or 3 hours before I sleep, and I never feel hungry in the mornings. My first meal is usually around noon though, and I’m more than ready for it by then; especially after a FD.

Day 23 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 231 lbs. Taking the day off work today; my workmates surprised me yesterday with an office filled with black balloons, a walker, a cane, a crown and sash, an assortment of munchies labeled with things like “geriatric punch,” “codger cupcakes,” and “old fogey fruit.” LOL it was thoughtful ๐Ÿ™‚

No, I didn’t decline the food, of course, but listened to my body and when that sugar hit my bloodstream, I just drank water and declined anything else .. and had a real meal at home ๐Ÿ™‚

USA. Day 23. FD

My granddaughter is only 2 /2 years old but speaks very well. She is quite a pistol. Trying to feed her yesterday led my fast off the rails, so today is another attempt. ๐Ÿคจ

I can’t believe August is almost over. The summer went by fast!

Have a great day, everyone! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Day 23 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

My WF went well yesterday, without many tough moments, and my weight this morning was the lowest in a long time. Don’t congratulate me, it won’t last, I’m not actually that low, it’s just because I have no food in me. But it was sure pretty to see! ๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ‘ Now, I’m working on building my RESOLVE so that I continue my WF until we go out to dinner tonight. It’s the toughest thing I can imagine, because around 11 or so, I’m going to suddenly be ravenous. I’ll just keep reminding myself “Hunger is not an emergency” and try to power through it. And, my apologies, @funshipfreddie, for using the t word. ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

@funshipfreddie Too fun that you posted a recipe, given that you don’t cook! It looks so very intriguing, but deep fat frying always seems more work than it’s worth to me, so I’ll just have to wait for the day I find them at a restaurant. ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

@jaifaim CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! To be at 153 after so much time away? Very, very impressive, and that must have been a cheering sight to see!

@snowflake56 Such a shame that a tandem didn’t work for you. Thanks for the compliment on the sweater. It was a little tricky to figure out the pattern of each row (2-3-2-1 over and over is easy to remember but 2-3-2-3-3-3-2-3-2-1 [in other words 232 333 232 1] is far tougher to remember–and that’s only after I finally figured it out!), but I’ve done each of the rows so many times now that I can remember them easily. The thing I didn’t even think of is that there are no rows with only one color. The dumb thing is, that’s the type of Fair Isle I prefer, so how did I choose an all-over pattern without thinking of it? I still want to do at least one more, but it’ll be a few years before I’m willing to tackle it! ๐Ÿ˜‚

Oh, @flourbaby, I’m so sorry you’re not sleeping well! On top of everything else, that has to feel like the straw that’s about to break the camel’s back! Perhaps Bo Bo needs to have a day away at a cattery (as David calls it) so you can sleep?????

@merryapple You must be getting so impatient and excited for the preparation to be done and the exhibit to open! Thanks. The sweater is by Ron Schweitzer in OOP book called Postcards from Shetland, and each row took an hour because there were 336 stitches, and I always paused when I had to stop to shift stitches along the needle…never did manage to knit a row non-stop, LOL! The sleeves are MUCH faster, and I can do a row in 10 minutes, hence the faster progress.

@funshipfreddie Thanks for the thoughtful answer. I also quit eating 2-3 hours before I go to bed, so I know it’s not that. I think it’s simply the quantity of food I’d had the previous evening. Right now, Friday 8:45am, after not eating since Wednesday evening, I’m also neither full nor empty. But it’s a MUCH lovelier feeling than feeling full when I woke up, so I’m using that memory to inspire changes in my evening eating quantities!

@northgeorgia What a fun surprise you co-workers gave you! And well DONE on stopping once your body said so. That’s the hugest challenge for each of us, and a serious success on your part.

Okay, off to continue working on taxes. Have a grand one, everyone!

We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The difference is discipline weighs ounces while regret weighs tons. — Jim Rohn

Pocket list day 23
    @snowflake56
    @ccco

Lots of Spam posts todayโ€ฆDont click on the links๐Ÿšซโš ๏ธ

@jaifaim, really? Haven’t seen a one. Odd how one of us can see something others don’t see. Thanks for reporting them!

Day 24 NZ NFD 70.5kg ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ

I took Paisley the Scottie up Mt Eden this morning in the rain and boy did she womble so I walked backwards most of the way… People going past kept saying Oh, she’s got short legs and I replied Yes but she’s got four…. Tonight we’re having a dinner because our friend with the two Westies is moving to Hamilton which is 1 1/2 hrs drive away…๐Ÿ˜ข They are such sweeties ๐Ÿปโ€โ„๏ธI am really going to miss them… and their human!!!

@stitchincarol Great that you’re liking the WF empty feeling!! You must be achieving some loss somewhere!!!
    Well then, the sweater should be ready for winter if you’re powering through the sleeves!!! I looked up the designer on Ravelry. He has quite a distinctive natural geometric style rather than the contemporary Shetland style of brighter bands of colour https://www.ravelry.com/designers/ron-schweitzer
    @northgeorgia It must be the big party weekend!! Happy 50th from the South Seas!!!โšก๏ธ๐Ÿ’ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿฅ‚๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ’ฅโšก๏ธ
    @ccco What a sweet age but I imagine a relief when its time for an afternoon nap!!!
    @funshipfreddie I look forward to my breakfast more than lunch. However I cook my own lunch so it is not as exotic as yours!!
    @jaifaim Thanks for reporting the spam. I can’t see any… Have a relaxing weekend!!
    @flourbaby Thinking of you this weekend on what must be one of the worst jobs in the world… MOVING… I hope work sends you home on Monday for falling asleep at your desk!!!
    @snowflake56 I love reading your ever so slightly wonky posts!!!

๐Ÿ’ช Steely RESOLVE my Weekend Warriors!!!
    Especially me…

Day 23 – USA/TN NFD

Sorry I haven’t been posting at all the past week….been researching the carnivore diet, as I have been on low carb for quite a few years, and since I only wanted to get back down about 5 lbs, and have not been completely successful, I noticed that when I eat more meals with meat, my weight goes down! I’m working a lot, as one of our co-workers has been out with cancer almost a year, and they just cannot find anyone who wants to do what we do, lol, so I try to fill in when I can. Had a milestone b-day last week, hit the big seven-oh….and notice that I don’t have the stamina to work a full week as I used to.

Day 24, Germany, NFD

@metatauta Happy Birthday! A bit too late but I wish you all the best and perhaps a bit less work.

@flourbaby I hope your weekend goes well, perhaps you can do a small walk or relax in another way between cleaning and moving things around.

@merryapple You’re going to be famous! My posts, well, my English, could be better but then it would take me forever to get one finished.

@stitchincarol I thought my mother was a good knitter but this sweater is unquestionably something else. I’m never hungry in the morning so I don’t really need a breakfast. My DH is always hungry and on some days I’ll join him and we have breakfast together. We never eat anything after 6:00 pm, we’re never hungry after dinner.

@jaifaim I haven’t seen any spam either but thanks for reporting it. I hope you have a very relaxed weekend, you deserve it!

Day 24 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

Power off again?! No-one said living in Africa would be easy, but…? ๐Ÿฅด๏ธ Just after 11 am yesterday. Our suburb, + over a dozen neighbouring suburbs. Caused by the collapse of four high-voltage transmission towers due to ‘ageing infrastructure & rusting’ or ‘vagrant sabotage’ – depending on what you read. Temporary repairs may take up to two weeks, & permanent repairs up to three months ๐Ÿ˜ญ My friends +300 km away suggested I go & stay with them, But they’ve got dogs, & I can’t put Boo Boo in the cattery again. Twice in a month, she’ll never forgive me. So I told my friends I’ll see where we are in about a week, when I start to get smelly & I’m running out of clean clothes ๐Ÿ˜… I think I’ve still got enough tepid water for a quick shower, before I’m reduced to boiling water & washing in the sink. I’m not taking cold showers in winter, I don’t care what they say about how healthy they are ๐Ÿฅถ๏ธ

@northgeorgia – ๐ŸŽตHappy Birthday to You! ๐ŸŽถ ๐Ÿฅณ๏ธ ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽ‰ ๐Ÿฅ‚ Your colleagues sound like fun. I hate to think what they’ll get up to when you turn 60! ๐Ÿ˜‚

@merryapple – “Yes, but she’s got 4…” ๐Ÿคฃ there’s nothing exotic about my lunches! ๐Ÿ˜‚ Yesterday it was a cheese & onion omelette & a slice of rye toast. I guess my lunch is really my breakfast though, as it’s my first meal & I REALLY look forward to it.

@flourbaby – I’m glad you like the picture of the pot. I’ll probably use it as a guide, but I doubt mine will look anything like that. I hope you’re getting better sleep by now. I can imagine what you’re going through; I got so stressed out when I was preparing to move here from Durban a couple of years ago (my 4th move in as many years) & I wasn’t even working! I got some pills from my doctor, but they just made me feel worse.

@metatauta – belated birthday wishes to you too! ๐Ÿฅณ๏ธ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿฅ‚ You’ve been following a LCHF diet for nearly 8 years? I’m slowly trying to get back into it. What % of carbs do you consume? I think I could stick to it if I allow myself around 100 g per day.

@jaifaim – congrats on remaining in maintenance, despite having been away ๐ŸŽฏ I also saw/reported the spam posts. Four of them, all with different user names, but probably from the same individual. The shortcut on my phone takes me to the ‘Latest 50 Posts’, so I usually spot them. Seems to take forever for them to be removed though.

Have a good, power outage-free weekend everyone โšก๏ธ ๐ŸŒค๐ŸŒˆ

Day 24 – Ireland – NFD – ๐Ÿšซ โœ… ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿฝโ€โ™€๏ธ ๐ŸŒพ

Morning all! Hmmm I may use the forum alightly differently as my landing page is โ€œRecent Postsโ€ so I see all recent posts on all threads and thatโ€™s where the spam wasโ€ฆ
    @metatauta great to see you! And sorry to hear you are having to work harder at the moment as your colleague is out. Happy big birthday to you!! ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽˆ Iโ€™m not surprised you donโ€™t have the same staminaโ€ฆ I feel the same but only in my 50s ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
    Iโ€™m sorry to hear both your two legged and four legged friends are moving away @merryapple – you will miss them a lot ๐Ÿ’•
    Well done on your WFDs @stitchincarol ๐Ÿ’ช
    @ccco you will be kept moving with that little one ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’• thatโ€™s the best way to have it – enjoy!!
    Okโ€ฆ a relaxed day and then fun with friends this evening.
    @funshipfreddie just saw your post thanks to you too for the reportingโ€ฆ yes takes a while but hopefully everyone is cautious with links.
    Have a really lovely day everyone!! Our second last Atomic Saturday! ๐Ÿ’ฅ

Day 24 North Wales ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓ ณ๓ ฟ FD

Decided to do an extra FD this week. Nice day here in North Wales today. Very busy though as itโ€™s the bank holiday weekend.

@stitchincarol I am very impressed with your water fast and even more impressed with your sweater. I have a great aunt who can knit like you. She is amazing. We go to the knit and stitch show every November in Harrogate. She buys yarn and I buy fabric.

@merryapple does Paisley not like walking up the mountain?

@funshipfreddie so sorry to hear about your power going off, I hope they manage to get it on sooner rather than later. A couple of years ago we had a power cut for two days and nights. That was horrible. Two weeks sounds horrendous. Your flower pot picture looked amazing. Thank you so much for the savoury donut recipe. I used to love them when I was in my 20โ€™s. Melktert was another favourite of mine.

@snowflake56 you can take HRT for ever in the UK if your doctor will continue to prescribe it. Some doctors encourage women to come off it after a few years. I love damsons. We planted a tree in our garden about 20 years ago and still only have a few plums every year. This year it was 5. I did read that a damson tree needs to be very old before it regularly produces fruit.

@jaifaim I didnโ€™t see the spam either but then I only ever click on this thread.

@flourbaby not long to wait now for your big move. Hope it doesnโ€™t take you too long to unpack every thing when you have moved.

@northgeorgia loved what your workmates did for you for your birthday ๐Ÿ˜‚

@ ccco your granddaughter sounds delightful, such a lovely age.

@metatauta happy 70th birthday. Hope you had a wonderful day x

Pocket List – Day 24

@molij

Day 24 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 233 lbs. Well, hate to say it, but it may get worse as the birthday celebrations continue at least through Monday… It’s hard to balance out the sweets in any meaningful way, isn’t it? ๐Ÿ™‚

@funshipfreddie If there is anyone left when I turn 60! I went to a mid-career retirement seminar last week and down the hall was a pre-retirement (within a few years) seminar. A co-worker and I were marveling at all of the college’s admin team and our own divisions walking past the door and we said, “oh my goodness … are we going to end up having to run the school in a few years?” ๐Ÿ™‚

@metatauta Happy 70th!

For now, Tuesday looks like my next FD, but I do have a monthly meeting that morning, and the group sent me birthday greetings this morning, so….

LOL, best wishes for a great weekend to everyone!

Day 24 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD – 161.2

That weight, my friends, represents not just a decent day yesterday, but a 1.2 lb loss over last Saturday, which was also a 1 lb loss over the week previous to it. So, I’m not ready to say I’ve finally found my mojo, but I’ve found two weeks of it. One day at a time…

@merryapple I’m sad for you that your friend with the Westies is moving. It’s not SO far to go, but certainly too far for a simple walk each morning or a spur-of-the-moment coffee. That’s a good way to describe the designer’s style.

@metatauta Good to hear from you, and happy 70th!

Oh, NO! @funshipfreddie That’s simply going to feel intolerable, I would think. Will you try to buy a generator? And so many people!

@molij Oh, going to the knit and stitch show together sounds so much fun! Be sure and update us in November about your adventure!

@northgeorgia Happy, happy birthday!!!! As my birthday gift to you, I wish for you a total lack of appetite, zero interest in food, and RESOLVE!!! ๐Ÿ’ชโญ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜‚ (I’ll bet I’m the only person, ever, right??)

I can’t say I’m going gang-busters on our taxes (I have to do all the bookkeeping and information gathering for the year as well as then enter it into TurboTax), but I’m making steady progress, and am feeling peaceful and not stressful or resentful. There’s something to be said for doing taxes at a time of year when DH and I are not hip-deep in Lent and Easter preparations, which is generally when tax day falls (April 15)! Of course, if I simply did it all early, like at the beginning of February… Every year, I promise myself that NEXT year I’ll do it early. Never have. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Have a grand one, everyone!

“You are far too smrt to be the only thing standing in your way.”

Day 25, Germany, NFD

We had a lot of rain, thunder and wind last evening, it was great to see all the large trees swaying. We were better prepared this time so the basement stayed dry.

@merryapple It’s always sad when people or dogs you get along with are moving. Even if they are not so far away, things change.

@stitchincarol Well done! I’m glad we can take everything related to taxes to someone who does it for us. It’s complicated as our income comes from nine different sources. We just bring them all the paperwork and a few days later it’s finished.

@molij It seems damson trees are like walnut trees, they have to buy old to give you fruits or nuts. We have a quince tree that bossoms beautifully and makes quince but before we can harvest them, they either fall off unripe or they split in the middle. On the apple tree we have years with loads of apples and years with only a few, just like the mirabelle tree.

@funshipfreddie That is very annoying esp. when the repair takes such a long time. Do you cook on gas? Being able to heat water would be great. Washing yourself at the sink is doable, back to the past again!

Have a lovely Sunday everyone!

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 316 total)

You must be logged in to reply.