Atomic August πŸŸ’πŸ”΅πŸŸ‘

This topic contains 316 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  ccco 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 316 total)

• Day 4 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 231 lbs. Tomorrow will be my next planned FD πŸ™‚

The aquarium plants arrived yesterday, so it’s looking nicer. Got the snails and shrimp in there, and one little endler by accident. She sure is enjoying having the tank all to herself. I’ll see if my guppy fry come in this week; they will make good tankmates.

Day 4 – USA/TN

Gently going down a few ounces a day…started hula hooping again at least twice a week since July; looking forward to more progress in the weeks to come.

Day 4…… Florida……CD

I was going to post yesterday but after preparing for the upcoming storm, I was pooped and just went to bed. This morning, we had to head to the airport to pick up my kid. He was in NJ with his partner for the weekend. The trip there was fine but we hit rain on the way home. Since then it’s been raining on and off all day.

Food wise, I’ve been okay. I really need to get in a good FD, hopefully, tomorrow. Good thing, my weight has stayed the same. I wish I was going down but wishful thinking isn’t going to get me anywhere until I put in the work…..

For those wondering, I am a huge YouTube junkie. About a month ago, I was watching a run of shorts. One of the shorts was an advertisement for a website that sold you Dr. James Rivers 7 minute song which is suppose to activate your β€œsuper brain” They wanted 40 bucks for access to it. Not gonna pay for something, I probably could find on you tube. So, as luck would have it…. It’s not on you tube but it sent me down a rabbit hole of sound waves/frequencies. Come to find out sound waves can heal some physical and mental health conditions. There are thousands maybe millions different sound waves and can be used for tons of different things.
    Not sure if the weight loss one will work but it’s worth a try! Cool thing is I have had trouble sleeping for years but since I’ve started listening to them, I fall right asleep and stay asleep. The one I listen to is only 10 min long, not sure if I could listen to a longer one…..

Well, this turned out to be a chapter book…..

Have a great night!

Day 5 UK FD 90kg

Went for a five mile walk yesterday but had chips for dinner. I have a nasty headache now:(
    It’s six months since my son and I were made homeless, kicking off my spiral into rapid weight gain. I wished at the time I could just fast forward six months.
    All in all it has turned out quite well so my instinct was right. Six months on we are settled in a good place with nothing looming over us any more. I just have to shift this weight. We had a fairly soft landing thanks to the help of a good friend who helped deal with the council and helped us move again when each hotel booking ran out and helped us with contacting landlords and took us to viewings. We opted to go private rather than wait for a council property because my son had been assaulted by my sister’s boyfriend and we wanted to leave the town and get away from them and all their connections. We were placed in out of area hotels because of it too as the police were concerned after all the threats that were made. We spent two weeks in a Holiday Inn Express so the events of yesterday are particularly triggering especially as a fire alarm went off while we were there on the top floor when I could barely walk. Luckily that was someone’s shower getting too hot and not a mob of thugs. The terror felt by people in that hotel must have been so dreadful!! There were a few asylum seekers there when we were. I can imagine getting caught up in this insanity that is gripping people. This country was built on the backs of other countries. We wouldn’t have what we have here if we were an isolated place. We have a responsibility to help people fleeing from the aftermath of the chaos in the world that this country played no small part in creating.

Day 4, Germany, FD

@ccco I hope you can be more active in the neat future, you seem to need it!

@at That’s the problem with eating at Michelin star restaurants, you expect the best of everything. But at least a few things you ate were delicious.

Pocket list day 5
    @at
    @molij
    @snowflake56

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 5 – South Africa πŸ‡ΏπŸ‡¦ – NFD

Hi, is it too late to join this group? My name’s Tim, I live in the UK and I’ve been doing IF for just over a month. I’d never dieted before, so I’m not sure what to expect, or how quickly I might lose weight. I’ve so far lost about 3kg I think, but my BMI still says I’m overweight. I started with 5:2, then moved to 4:3 and it seems okay. I’m fasting today. I wish everyone much success.

Day 5, London, UK, NFD

I had planned a FD today, but my brother is off on hols today & β€œdonated” lots of lovely bits from his fridge which he can’t throw away, and even though I truly believe I’m not a bin ………………………..neither can I!!!! So, lunch today will be Mortadella, Olives, Porchetta, Mozzarella, marinated anchovies (Can you tell he’s married to an Italian??) and some salad bits. I think I’ll commit to Tuesday & Thursday FDs and leave it at that!
    Lovely to hear your dulcet tones @songbirdme🎢

Like you @stitchincarol, I find it easy to justify my bad habits/ behaviour!! Then I give myself a good talking to and remind myself of WHY I’m here ………………….So August will be all about reminding myself what I care about – Swerving the debilitating health issues that plague us chubbier folk ……………………. Diabetes & Alzheimers are my biggest fears!!😱😱 and of course, fitting into the numerous new clothes I bought when I was on what I thought was an unstoppable DOWNWARD trajectory!!!😩😩😩

@ccco, I had to chuckle, you can tell where my mojo is when I read your post saying ……………… ”It is a shame that the only thing I can do right now is go out to eat” and my first thought was that sounds fantastic!!!! 🀭🀭🀭

House stuff – Managed to get the decorator, who did my flat prior to selling in 2021, to start on my house TODAY!!! The red room WILL be a distant memory soonπŸ₯³πŸ₯³ He’ll do 3 rooms, living room red dining room and my blue (NOT conducive to sleep) bedroom. I can’t wait!! I may be able to move in on the 17th!

Welcome to the challenge @wriggler, I’m sure @northgeorgia & @funshipfreddie would welcome another fella!!!πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Have a read of the OP to get a handle on how this works, it’s very straightforward, you just have to commit to the challenge to reap the benefits of 5:2!!!

Right, back to work 😩😩.

Keep the faith folks!!πŸ’ͺ🏼πŸ’ͺ🏼

β€œI have come to believe that caring for myself is not self indulgent. Caring for myself is an act of survival.” – Audre Lorde

Day 4 North Wales 🏴󠁧󠁒󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

Having a lovely time with my youngest daughter and her family despite the weather not being very good. They are all coming over tomorrow for a picnic on the beach, weather permitting. I am hoping to do a FD today but as yet I don’t know what the plan is for everyone. If I am not successful I can see me cramming a couple of FD’s into the weekend. Yesterday was not a good day, ice cream and chips on the beach and some homemade tiramisu which was delicious πŸ˜‹

@fatrabbit you have had a very stressful 6 months and longer. I do hope things continue to be better, good and settled. I watched the news last night with horror. I agree entirely with your sentiments. What on earth is wrong with people??? I hope they face long prison sentences.

@bert1802 my husband is a huge YouTube junkie too. He watches Stefan Milo videos, rock music videos etc. are you able to share the 10 minute video that sends you to sleep. I am struggling a bit at the moment.

@metatauta glad you are losing weight.

@northgeorgia Shame we can’t share pictures on here as I would love to see your tank.

@ccco I really should try to log in for accountability every day but I have been so busy recently the day has gone. I do get emails from every post which I do read.

@excelsior12309 glad your weight is going down.

@at your meal sounded lovely, shame about the service. My eldest daughter went to the Heston Blumenthal’s Fat Duck for her engagement about 10 years ago.

@wriggler welcome to the group. Everyone is very supportive here.

@stitchincarol fantastic achievement at maintaining during a holiday. I would have found that impossible. I hate the grandma look too, but love being a grandma. I get so frustrated that my husband can eat what ever he wants and never puts an ounce of weight on. I blame the menopause. Most of my weight has gone around the middle. I read all the time how this type of fat is so unhealthy. Why does nature do that to women. I remember my grandmother’s being matronly too. Talking about mirrors, we have a store called Marks and Spencer in the UK their mirrors always make me look awful. I hate buying clothes in there even though I quite like some of their clothes. Don’t get me started on hair loss during and after the menopause πŸ˜‚

@flourbaby enjoy your lunch today it sounds delicious.

Have a brilliant day everyone. Remember we are stronger than we think πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺ

Pocket list day 5
    @at
    @molij
    @snowflake56

Day 5 UK FD

Ok I’ve pressed the Monday reset button , aiming for a straight up <500 cals FD and looking to repeat Wednesday

Pocket list day 5
    @at
    @molij
    @snowflake56
    @brightonbelle

Day 5 NZ Monday 2300hrs FD πŸƒβ€β™€οΈ

I seem to have not posted a post for Sunday… I did write it!
    I’ve had a busy weekend with a Scottie and Westie Club walk at the Botanical Gardens, two days of making marmalade, baking, being social etc etc I think I have whooshed back up…
    Today I skived off and went down to the Westhaven Marina and walked around all the yachts with friends. Luckily all the restaurants were closed because it’s Monday and a FD!!

@snowflake56 Great to hear that you had a big woosh!!!
    The grapefruit eating birds are called Silvereye or Wax-eye or in Māori Tauhou, because they have a white ring around their eye. The rest of their plumage is olive green with a grey breast and they look a wee bit like a robin.
    @funshipfreddie Deserting Boo Boo for a holiday… How could you…!!
    @fatrabbit Well done on your FD but do take care of those legs and feet!! I’m so sorry to hear of your recent trauma. It is lovely that you now feel safe and are enjoying walks in your new area. Well done on returning here to help regain your health and vitality. I hope your son feels the same way and will soon be ready to join you on the 5:2 WoL.πŸ™
    @flourbaby Welcome back to FDs!!! Great that you have a move in date now.
    Putting that gorgeous Italian food in any bin would be completely sacrilegious…
    I thought of you as I made cauliflower rice for the first time ever with garlic, lime and broad beans. It was a bit bland so I crumbled wee pieces of blue cheese into it. Now we’re talking!! Why have I not made this before??!!
    @brightonbelle Yes CONSISTENCY!! I will definitely join you to work on this…!!
    @northgeorgia You’re so close to breaking through the 30s!! I worked on a lot of trials in Critical Care during the development of CPAP machines. They’re not much fun to wear. I hope it’s not too much of a hardship for your mother.
    I love hearing about your aquatic garden. I know nothing about aquariums but I had a goldfish in my early twenties until my drunken flatmate came home one night and ate it…☹️
    @at I’m glad to hear your sciatica is improving. Was it the length of the journey or the shape of the carseat that upset your back? A Michelin star rated dinner must surely have helped speed up your recovery😁
    @songbirdme How nice to have settled into your new house and pool with just the garden to sort out!!
    @molij I am so delighted to hear that the puppy was found, poor wee fellow.
    What a fun trip to the beach with your family!!! The grandchildren must love coming to visit you!!
    @jaifaim The bike rides sound fantastic. Do the magpies dive bomb you?? We have Australian magpies here and they are fierce. They go after lambs and πŸ»β€β„οΈon walks…
    I didn’t get an opportunity to ride this weekend. School hols are over and there are so many cars on the road again… The little darlings don’t seem to be able to walk to school or ride a bike any longer…
    @bert1802 That’s interesting about the sound waves and helping with your sleep…
    We did a immersive installation at an institution using, amongst other things, sine and cosine waves to generate sound that had no emotional overlay.
    https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2022/09/23/well/mind/brown-noise.html
    @excelsior12309 πŸ˜‡32C = 90F and humid… and you did yard and housework…
    @ccco Wow!! A clean house and an immaculate garden. I am very very impressed!!
    @stitchincarol You run around far too much to ever be called matronly…!!
    @metatauta I’m sure by now you have dropped back close to 140. At least you know it’s fluid weight not the podgy kind of hard to shift weight!!! πŸ˜†Does hula hooping help with shaping your waist line??
    @wriggler Welcome!!! That’s an interesting ‘handle”!!! It’s never too late to join in!! Personally I aim for a kg/month and if I lose more it’s a bonus!! 3FDs every week may be hard to sustain in the long term. It’s also about sorting out what’s best for you to eat on the NFDs. How much are you wanting to lose?

Have a lovely start to the week!!

Pocket List
    @at
    @merry🍎
    @molij
    @snowflake56

2nd post

Updated Pocket List
    Pocket List
    @at
    @brightonbelle
    @merry🍎
    @molij
    @snowflake56

Day 5 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 233 lbs. Today will be a FD500 unless the fallout from my cold makes me sick. Should be good to go into work today. I did some TV snacking yesterday that I need to immediately stop before I fall back into old ways. A bad habit on a NFD is worse than pushing a FD later into the week.

I think we’re not going to be impacted by the hurricane in my area much the next few days. The last storm that blew through had such strong straight line winds that trees were knocked over in the town near where I work. Just having the winds from Debby would not be good for us right now…

Pocket List
    @at
    @brightonbelle
    @merry🍎
    @molij
    @snowflake56
    @northgeorgia

2nd Post – Day 5

@wriggler – welcome to the forum!

Pocket List – Day 5
    @at
    @brightonbelle
    @merry🍎
    @molij
    @snowflake56
    @northgeorgia
    @wriggler

Day 5 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

My weight is unchanged, a sad thing since my goal is to lose, but a good thing since it shows I didn’t go nuts on the weekend, so I’ll take that as an overall win.

@metatauta There’s never any shame in not being the chatty sort…I do sometimes feel a bit of shame for being too MUCH of the chatty sort… πŸ˜‚

@fatrabbit I’m so impressed at your corn porridge dish–which I had to look up to realize is what I call cornmeal (or “cornmeal mush” as my mom–born in 1918–always called it πŸ₯°)–as it sounds yummy and very healthy with all those veggies you add! And your dedication to getting out to walk is so excellent, both for your mental well being and your physical well being. I’ve begun to realize that, while I truly want to race to finish DH’s Fair Isle sweater (I’m nearly an inch into the first sleeve!), all the sitting it entails is NOT healthy for me…

@funshipfreddie Was that Sunday post your shortest ever???? πŸ˜‰ LOL–nope, Monday’s was. But you’re on vacation, huh? Have fun!

@at When DH and I were in Rome for our 30th, we went to a Michelin star restaurant and had a tasting menu with the accompanying wines, so your description brought back lovely, lovely memories; so glad you’re close enough to such a restaurant to enjoy it occasionally!

@ccco Bummer on the Saturday night storm that left you with no electricity for 8 hours! There was an awful storm last Wednesday night–before we got home from vacation–that has left over half of Omaha without electricy, including several of my piano students, and any number of corn fields blown at an angle…the corn is not likely to recover at this point. Given how blisteringly hot it’s been (over 100 with the heat index), my heart aches for all the suffering. It’s hard to imagine what it was like back before AC! I hope you were cool enough to sleep well without electricity to give you any needed AC.

@bert1802 What a great statement: “I wish I was going down but wishful thinking isn’t going to get me anywhere until I put in the work…..” Yup. Could you share a link to the sound wave recording you’re using?

@wriggler Welcome! It’s NEVER too late to join us; while we structure our approach on a month-to-month basis, we tend to be the same group of people with newbiees joining us whenever it works for them. Read the first few posts to see our few “rules” and the abbreviations we constantly use, and we’re glad you’re here!

@flourbaby How lovely that your decorator is starting today!

@molij I’ve never been particularly aware of (the) menopause (Americans don’t add “the” and it always makes me chuckle that you all do) having affected my body and my metabolism–but, obviously, it does and has. Oh well, eh? And, yeah, don’t like the body but love the job description. πŸ₯°

@merryapple Oh, my. Truly? ATE a gold fish?????? That’s truly drunk… And what a lovely compliment you gave me. Thank you! πŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ‘πŸ‘ (But, truly, the rolls around my middle where I was always the thinnest! UGH.)

@northgeorgia I do hope you’re able to avoid any damage from Debbie.

@excelsior12309 You are a bettter woman than I; while there’s plenty that needs doing in my yard, the heat and humidity are keeping me firmly inside my house!

Tomorrow is a light piano lesson day, as many of my students are on summer vacations, and three are without electricity, so my usual WF will be more of a challenge than it normally is. Perhaps I’ll do a regular FD500? Tonight is “Fruited Chicken Salad” so not much in the way of carbs, which will help with will power tomorrow. I’ll think it all through today and see how tough it is.

Have a grand one, everyone! And to remind me: β€œDon’t give up what you want most for what you want now.”

USA. Day 5. FD

Pocket List Day 5

@at
    @brightonbelle
    @merry🍎
    @molij
    @snowflake56
    @northgeorgia
    @wriggler
    @ccco

I noticed that my weight is trying to inch back up, so I decided to nip it at the bud! πŸ‘πŸ»

Flourbaby, I am jealous that you have been able to begin your decorating. I wanted to start the inside of my house but Covid got in the way. Then so many companies went out of business that it took me two years to find someone. There was also a shortage of appliances, etc. to buy! I finally found someone to help me when my health went down hill. Now September is my target date! Surely nothing else can happen between now and then???

Excelsior12309, I sympathize with you re the gardening! I trying to do a little bit at a time, so it doesn’t get out of control! This heat has been oppressive!

I hope everyone has been having a lovely day! πŸ™‚

Day 5 – Ireland – NFD 🚫 βœ… πŸšΆπŸ½β€β™€οΈ 🌾

A quick check in…
    One busy bank holiday Monday.
    A little tired after the weekend activities but posting before the day comes to a close …
    Sorry I have not got to catch up on the chat but I can see there is lots of activity this month which is great.
    See you all in the morning. πŸ‘‹

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others πŸ’•

Day 6 Tuesday 11am NZ NFD 71.1kg πŸƒβ€β™€οΈ

I slept well and did a good walk up and down the maunga before the rain starts… I can see heading my way, a front of wet grey clouds taking over the blue sky…
    Yes I have whooshed up so I am aiming for CONSISTENCY & CONTROL for the rest of the weekπŸ’ͺ
    I have made enough marmalade for the year with 6kg of fruit and 3.5kg of sugar, which is way less than any commercial m’mlade. It’s so delicious on sourdough toast in the mornings!!
    I have been invited to a fun formal dinner party on Saturday night for which I need to dress up and be hungry…
    @ccco If you feel faint during the fasting period make sure you eat something… What fun to be planning your interior decorating!!
    @stitchincarol R&R = rest and recreation!! I was horrified to hear you were considering cutting back on your knitting time!! Knitting occupies your hands, mind and keeps you out of the kitchen because it’s no fun knitting with sticky hands🀣
    @jaifaim It’s lovely you had a great long weekend!! And now you have a short working week😁

CONSISTENCY & CONTROL
    especially since no one is on the pocket List today!!

Day 6 UK NFD 89.6kg

Another successful fast day behind me. I am getting back into this and have a drop to show for it. Yay!! Only walked for a mile and a half yesterday and was really hobbling at the end. Hopefully I will be better today as my friend is coming and taking me further afield for a walk today. I bought an Ordnance Survey book of short walks in the Cotswolds and we are going to try another one after doing one a couple of weeks ago.

Day 6, Germany, NFD

Busy day today, ballromm dancing lessen, sports hour, computer club.

@wriggler Welcome!

@merryapple I’m sure, with CONSISTENCY & CONTROL you’ll woosh back again soon. Silvereyes do look cute! What does a fun formal dinner party look like?

Day 6 North Wales NFD

Successfully managed a fast day yesterday. Busy day today as I am doing a buffet/picnic for 17. Have a good day everyone ❀️

Day 6 North Wales NFD

Successfully managed a fast day yesterday. Busy day today as I am doing a buffet/picnic for 17. Have a good day everyone ❀️

Day 6 – South Africa Β πŸ‡ΏπŸ‡¦Β β€“ FD

Going home today πŸš— Aiming to eat as little as possible before I get on the scales tomorrow morning 😳

Pocket List-  Day 6 🍏
    @funshipfreddieΒ 

Day 6, London, UK, FD

It’s a quick one from me today, as usual, I have a looming deadline😲

It’ll be my 1st FD in a while today, the holiday is well and truly over!!!😩 However, I’m really looking forward to it!! Yesterday was a very CD and there’s a 1/2lb loss to show for it. NOTHING beats losing on a controlled NFD when you know you’ve a FD coming too!!! Tomorrow those scales better give me what I expect (deserve!😑)

Sending out a call for all of us, for any spare mojo swanning around in the ether!! My tank is in need of a top up!πŸ’ͺ🏼πŸ’ͺ🏼

Onwards & downwards folks, we can & we will!!

β€œSometimes we’re tested not to show our weaknesses, but to discover our strengths.”

Day 6 – Rural Nebraska, USA – WFD

I did a bit better yesterday in not mindlessly grabbing something to eat, but still need significant progress before I’m consistently controlling my nibbling. A phrase we used to remind each other of popped into my head yesterday: “Hunger is not an emergency.” I don’t think I ever really grasped the significance of that before, but yesterday, as I was driving into town to run a couple errands, I realized I was hungry and the thought that immediately followed was that I would simply have to grab some food somewhere. Then I considered just dealing with the hunger and having yesterday be OMAD. At that thought, I sort of mentally gasped, and thought, “No! I can’t do that, because I’m HUNGRY!” Typing it out for you all is making me laugh at the absurdity, but I truly had a knee-jerk reaction of absolutely NEEDING to do something about my hunger. And that’s when I remembered “hunger is not an emergency.” As I thought further, I realized I wasn’t actually hungry…my stomach was voicing some sort of opinion, and while I wasn’t clear on what the opinion was, hunger was not what I was feeling.

I think I’ve lost the art of choosing food based on the needs of my body, rather than the desires of my mind and my mouth. No–I KNOW I’ve lost that art, LOL. So I continue the process of re-learning to control my choices for the health and well-being of my body.

The real question is, when and why did I lose that skill??????

πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈ

@ccco Was your FD yesterday a positive thing? Did you feel okay doing a fast?

@jaifaim I hope you’re feeling far more energetic with a good night’s sleep!

@merryapple Thanks for including your time; it’s lovely to finally have a sense of when you’re posting–you were the only one I had zero sense of your time of day, LOL! I’ve never been a huge fan of marmalade, probably because I so love raspberry jam that I ignore every other option, plus I never have breakfast, so toast seldom shows up in my life, but you making enough to last you the year makes me sure I’d love it and want to make some myself…the power of suggestion! And how fun about the formal dinner party on Saturday; what’s the occasion?
    You made me laugh about knitting being no fun with sticky fingers…but if you saw how much time I spend on the sofa, not anywhere near all of it knitting, you’d know exactly how much I need to get up and move more. I’ll see if the normal schedule of life that is starting up again improves that…

@fatrabbit Well done on your walk yesterday, and the one with your friend coming up. How cool that there is a book showing various walks!

@snowflake56 Busy day, indeed; have fun!

@molij Well DONE on fasting with family around! Have a grand time on your picnic today!

@funshipfreddie Did you ever tell us what fun you’re up to??

@flourbaby I’m so delighted for you that your Monday was so stellar and that you’re feeling so empowered for your FD today!

I woke up at 4am and managed to doze until 5, but then I was well and truly awake. Ugh. Usually, I just read my Kindle, but I have some computer work to do, so decided to get up and quit ignoring that work–it’ll feel good to get it done, even if it doesn’t feel good to make myself start, LOL!

Have a grand one, everyone!

Pocket List- Day 6 🍏
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @stitchincarol WFD

Hunger is not an emergency.
    β€œDon’t give up what you want most for what you want now.”

Day 6 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 231 lbs. Feeling a little better day by day. So far, no effects where I am from the storm running across the state. But there’s a possibility it may come backwards after going back to sea.

Hunger is not an emergency. Good one, @stitchincarol. I only find myself eating lunch at work when it’s part of an event or if it would be hard to decline an invitation (I do decline them on my planned FDs unless really awkward to say no).

Not sure yet if tomorrow or Thursday will be my FD. Experience says to go for the earlier day so if it blows up, I can go to the next day πŸ™‚

Day 6 – Ireland – FD 🚫 βœ… πŸšΆπŸ½β€β™€οΈ 🌾

I am another β€œincher back upper”… only momentary but am watching it… I would say the last week or so have not been stellar… I’ve even binged on biscuits (cookies) one of the days which is something I have not done in a super long time… a whole pack… yes a whole pack.. could blame the cycle 🚴 in particularly bad weather here… but I won’t!

I don’t know why this happens from time to time… I can’t identify a specific trigger as am feeling generally good but it is interesting.. one thing I would absolutely say is that any alcohol/sugar intake affects me in terms of the choices I make in the days afterward and also in my mood…
    Consistency and control is the key this week.
    @molij good luck with the picnic! What fun!!
    @wriggler – welcome aboard! It is never too late to join – great to have you here!
    @funshipfreddie I hope you had a lovely time away and that all is well at home 🐱 !
    @stitchincarol I’m not energetic at all today 🀣 … I had a night like yours πŸ’€ but I’m here and good to have you back and to see your chatterβ€¦πŸ’•πŸ’•

Onward and downward ⬇️

Pocket List – Day 6 🍏

@funshipfreddie

@flourbaby

@stitchincarol WFD

@jaifaim

Day 6 UK CD

Seems I’m not alone struggling at the moment, I’m pleased I had a good think about lunch and did have a massive plateful, but it was mainly leaves and not the sandwich I was considering

Hoping for 2nd FD of the week tomorrow, and then I’m off for a long weekend to Porto – surprise birthday treat for DH

Onward and downward ⬇️

Pocket List – Day 6 🍏

@funshipfreddie

@flourbaby

@stitchincarol WFD

@jaifaim

Days 4 and 5 – USA/TN – NFD

Spent the last two days working and bumbling with my new iphone…I’m not a techy person, grrrr. Lots of tutorials, but by the time I read the instructions, and then switch to DO the instructions, I forgot what it said, lol! @fatrabbit, welcome! I remember you from a few years ago.

Day 7, Germany, NFD

@funshipfreddie It’s line.dance day for both of us, isn’t it? Have fun!

@stitchincarol I like busy fun days so yesterday was a good one! How do you know what your body needs? I have no idea if I’m missing something.

Day 7 – South Africa πŸ‡ΏπŸ‡¦ – NFD 70.2 kg

Well, you could knock me over with a feather. After yesterday’s FD, I weigh exactly the same as I did last Friday before I left. Even better, I’m still AF. My BFF’s DH quit drinking almost a year ago, so it’s much easier. They don’t snack or eat desserts either, & I still more or less managed to keep to my eating window πŸ˜‡

@flourbaby – I’ve got oodles of mojo right now πŸ’ͺI hope you had a good FD

@jaifaim – I had a lovely time, thanks! But it’s nice to be home 🏑

@stitchincarol – I was really just catching up with old friends, as we hadn’t seen each other since March. Lots of chatting, walks out with the dogs by the sea, & lots of Scrabble games. Their 20 year old son was back from the UK too, until yesterday. He’s in the Royal Navy βš“οΈ

@northgeorgia – I hope you’ve managed to dodge that hurricane?!

@merryapple – I deserted Boo Boo, I know?! πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ But my friends have dogs, or I’d probably take her with me. But several hours in the car might be more traumatic than a few days in the cattery. My neighbours offer to take care of her, but she’s a menace with the other cats & I feel better knowing where she is.

@fatrabbit – enjoy the walks, & congrats on the drop! 🎯

@snowflake56 – yes, off to line-dancing, a bit of shopping & then to pick up the moggie. I hope you had fun too πŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒ

The NHS 800 cal diet:-
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-13714353/nhs-soup-shake-diet-weight-loss.html

Happy Hump Day! 🐫

Day 7 – Ireland – CD 🚫 βœ… πŸšΆπŸ½β€β™€οΈ 🌾

Yes a tough week… why is that? No idea… but making relatively good choices. Main good FD will be tomorrow and maybe a LFD πŸ€—
    @brightonbelle nice!!! Porto has attracted me for years but I’ve not made it there yet. Enjoy the celebrations and break!
    @funshipfreddie it took a while to work out BFF DH but I got there! 🀣 it makes it so much easier to have partner in no crime β™₯️ well done to you on your many, many months (now years) on an AF lifestyle πŸ‘
    Like you, I love being away but I also love getting home. Well done on no gain!
    @snowflake56 enjoy the dancing πŸ€ πŸ’ƒπŸ»

I have to say @stitchincarol – I like that you pad out your thought processes here … I think these thoughts often but don’t put them to β€œpaper” – so: sometimes when I feel like something specific, I feel like my body is telling me I β€œneed” it… like this morning and bacon – I told myself my body just needed something salty (Post long cycle etc) … but did my body actually need it or did I simply just want it?? πŸ€”
    (Full delicious breakfast options available every morning in work – I avoid most days and am ZBC on work days)
    The question is.. did I succumb today? πŸ€”

@metatauta have you had iPhones before or are you switching from android? I’m an iPhone fan. Like you, my retention for written information is pretty rubbish now… so I understand..

Ok here we go… CD for me!

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 7-No. VA USA-FD 800

Still stewing here in the heat and humidity. Can’t change that! Went to doctor yesterday for routine 6 mos. visit. Nothing exciting health wise; I have to get some fasting cholesterol etc labs done tomorrow.
    Weight is stuck, but I know why…tiny amounts (!) of sweets have been sneaking in at work and after dinner. No alcohol, though, and no breads. But at this age, every little bit shows up in no loss, or even some gain. So back to stricter observance of lots of vegetables, proteins, and fruit for dessert.

@metatauta, I am so lucky that my adult son and daughter will take over my iPhone and whip it into shape if I lose control of it. I understand your difficulty with following the instructions!
    @jaifaim, I have always been devoted to bacon…so I do make it once in a while, but I will overindulge if I don’t look out.
    @funshipfreddie, thanks for the link to the NHS 800 cal. diet. I am glad you had a pleasant few vacation days, even though you might pay a price with a sulky cat for a while!
    OK, now, up on the wagon and let’s go!

Day 7, London, UK, NFD

Well yesterday’s FD went well but the scales have NOT rewarded me with a 10lb loss for my effort!!🀣 I’ll have to make do with the 1/2 lb loss from my super controlled NFD on day 5.

@stitchincarol, your musings really spark my interest! Yes, choosing foods that nourish is a skill we need to hone when surrounded with food that does the complete opposite! Are you no longer aiming to get to level 3? I’m using level 3 as my “permission to eat” for this challenge as, like you, I seem to have forgotten what hunger feels like and when I’m fasting properly, I absolutely love and look forward to that feeling. After all, those tummy rumbles are the sound of my furnace firing up to burn some fat!!!πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

@jaifaim, “Now calmly & carefully ………………..Step away from the biscuits” It’s a slippery slope, don’t let those UPF’s get a grip of your brain chemistry, it’s a battle to rid yourself of the addiction!! Been there, done that!!😳😳 On the other hand ………. Mmmmm bacon!!🀀🀀🀀🀀

@funshipfreddie, I’ll be borrowing some of that mojo until I properly find my fasting feet!! I can only assume Lady Boo Boo gave you that “And what time do you call this?” look when you collected her!!!😻😻😻😻 Compounding the guilt is a cats super power!!! You can’t imagine how many times I catch myself apologising to Bo-Bo!! 🀨🀨

I won’t go crazy on this NFD, I think nourishment is the key to satiety!!!

β€œLife isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” – George Bernard Shaw

Day 7 – USA/GA – FD?

Weigh-in: 232 lbs. Ugh…didn’t sleep well at all last night and still have a bit of lingering congestion and cough. We’ll see how this FD goes — not a good start at all. Hurricane dodged for the moment, but there’s a chance we can see some effects tomorrow as it slightly backtracks…

Afternoon from Glasgow on 7th August! This is my second FD this week and my second FD in almost a decade.

I lost around 2st first time round and, over the last couple of years since COVID, have managed to pack it all back on – despite trying Keto, High Protein etc., etc.

At the weekend I decided to go back to the only ‘diet’ that has ever really worked for me, so here I am, back on the 5:2 train! It’s good to see the forum is still here and still active.

My goal is to drop 2st, I don’t have a date in mind. My body and my circumstances are much different now than they were 10 years ago (age/health etc.), so I don’t expect a carbon copy of my previous experience/success because I don’t want to become disheartened or demotivated.

What I will say is that the feelings of emptiness and hunger are weirdly sort of comforting…in a massochistic sort of way 😳🀣

Have a great day wherever you may be!

Jo

Day 7 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

Had a nice three pound drop from yesterday’s WF, and slept soundly for nearly ten hours, which was possibly even more of a joy, LOL. The plan for today is to keep super busy, and out of the house, so that I’m not around food to think about it, and eat only very, very reasonably, in hopes I haven’t shot entirely back up by tomorrow morning.

@jaifaim I both chuckled and sympathized that you’d eaten an entire package of cookies. SO very frustrating when we find ourselves doing something we KNOW we don’t want to do–but at the moment, we do want to do it and are entirely powerless to stop ourselves. The blow to our self-esteem at such abandon is the most damaging, but you’ll recover and burn off those calories, and be fine again.

@brightonbelle I had to look up Porto, as it’s not somewhere anyone in Nebraska mentions casually as a weekend destination. πŸ˜‚ Looks totally fun, and happy birthday to your DH!

@matatauta Oh, the challenge of learning new technology is never fun, is it?

@snowflake56 If you’re asking how I know what nutrients my body needs, I don’t–not at all. But I do know it doesn’t need all the nibbles I put into it, and it especially needs far less food than I’m giving it. I’m guessing, given that your BMI is, what, 23.5 or something?, you have an excellent sense of what your body needs, or your BMI would be much higher!

@funshipfreddie Well done on not gaining anything your FD couldn’t dispense, and your time with your friends sounds wonderful…and welcome home; I’m sure Boo Boo will be thrilled to come home.

@jaifaim So, the question is did you succumb? My notion is that when someone is in maintenance–or just barely out of it–then the things we think we “need” are reasonable to enjoy and are part of what keeps us motivated to behave with our food choices the rest of the time. Well, as long as you didn’t eat an entire package of bacon! 🀣🀣πŸ₯°

@excelsior12309 We’ve had heat and humidity in the low 100s for several weeks–making it particularly tough for those in Omaha who were without power from last Wednesday night’s storm–and then yesterday it was down 30 degrees! It’s only supposed to be in the 70s for most of the week, and down to 51 (!!!!) on Thursday night. I do love August when the weather finally turns reasonable, but we still have summer; I hope your weather does the same soon!

@flourbaby Like many good behaviors, that level 3 business seems to have lost its attraction. But, I haven’t given it up, and am being tolerant of myself since there were so many things going on in life (vacation!) to distract me from that focus. Slowly, I’m getting back to good behavior, and yesterday’s WF was a good start at remembering the joy of hunger and emptiness! It tickles me that you’re so successfully focused on Level 3, and rejoicing in the rumblings of Level 2!

@jospiers Welcome! Too funny that right after writing about the “joy of hunger and emptiness” your post was next talking about how you also enjoy it but wonder if it’s masochistic, LOL! I’ve known some truly overweight people–truly, not a mere 2st’s worth–who clearly think I’ve lost my marbles when I say I love the feeling of hunger and emptiness! πŸ˜‚ So you’re clearly in the right place, because I think everyone here will agree with you that it’s a good feeling.

Well, I should get up and start in on keeping busy, LOL! Although, since morning is my strongest time of the day, I’ll wait to leave the house until later, and get some things done on my computer right now.

β€œDon’t give up what you want most for what you want now.”

USA. Day 7. FD

I am back to fasting as I think all that stress I recently went through is beginning to cause me to stress eat, something I need to nip in the bud right away!

I didn’t see a pocket list, so I thought I would start one!

Pocket List Day 7

ccco

I hope everyone is doing well today! 😊

2nd Post – Day 7

Pocket List – Day 7 πŸ₯‘
    @excelsior12309 FD800
    @northgeorgia
    @jospeirs
    @ccco

Day 6 USA/TN – FD!

Day 8 NZ FD 72.3kg

So far today, I have had meetings and a photo taken holding an apple for the Cider Museum in Kent!!
    I am clean, sparkling and ‘made up’ so no exercise this morning…
    I have another meetings shortly then I’m heading down into the city so this is a quick one…
    @jaifaim Let me recommend Vegemite or marmite for an extra salty hit!!!πŸ˜†
    Cheers, everyone!!

STEELY RESOLVE along with
    CONSISTENCY & CONTROL

Pocket List
    @merry🍎

Day 8, Germany, FD

Ballroom lesson at 8:45, later on the carpenter is coming. We have two rotten windows in the attic, two white plastic windows we want to have replaced with wooden ones and we also need new double glazing at 7 windows. They also have to repair two old dining room chairs.

@merryapple How good, you wrote the word “exercise”, otherwise I would have forgotten to do the planks. I’m also doing push ups (I only can do two!) and squats. I absolutely don’t like Marmite, it tasts like yeast to me.

@excelsior12309 Nothing exciting is always good hearing it from a doctor.

@funshipfreddie Line-dance is always fun. Yesterday it was very humid and warm, everyone looked really sweaty after an hour of hard work. Is Boo Boo glad to be with you again?

@stitchincarol Wow, a three pound drop, that’s a lot! There are people that know what to eat to prevent deficiencies, I clearly don’t. I know what to eat to lose weight but I don’t really know how to eat well. My bloodwork always shows my potassium and sodium levels are too low and I know I don’t eat enough vegetables. I have to get better at that.

@ccco How did your FD go?

@jospeirs Welcome!

Pocket List
    @merry🍎
    @funshipfreddie
    @snowflake56

Day 8 – South Africa πŸ‡ΏπŸ‡¦ – FD

@jospeirs – welcome to the group!

@flourbaby – I CAN imagine how many times you apologise to Bo-Bo; I apologise to Boo Boo all the time πŸ˜…

@jaifaim – thank you! 🚫🍷It’s 677 days now, or 1 year, 10 months & 7 days. Just sayin’ πŸ€ͺ

@snowflake – we were all freezing at the line-dancing yesterday. But we always do a ‘Toe/Heel’ warm-up dance, (that’s probably not the real name of it) & after 10 minutes we were removing tops/sweaters & opening windows πŸ₯΅οΈ We just learned ‘The Last Shanty’, nice & easy, but fun πŸ•Ί

@stitchincarol – congrats on the 3 lb drop! πŸ₯³οΈπŸŽ― That 10 hour sleep sounds blissful πŸ’€

@snowflake, @stitchincarol – Boo Boo was VERY vocal when I arrived at the cattery. Even in the car, where she usually hardly makes a sound. She stalked around, checking every room when we got home, like she’d never been here before. But she’s already giving me attitude this morning πŸ™„

Let’s make it a good Thursday FD – RESOLVE πŸ’ͺ to all the fasters today 🎯

Pocket List – Day 8 🍏
    @merry🍎
    @funshipfreddie
    @snowflake56

Day 8 – Ireland – FD 🚫 βœ… πŸšΆπŸ½β€β™€οΈ 🌾

Hi all, and welcome @jospeirs! Have a read of the first post for this month so that you understand our abbreviations etc – we are all in the same boat as you… this WOL works for us… most of the time… and that stands to us the rest of the time.. πŸ’ͺ
    I had a controlled day after my salty start πŸ€— yes I did have four very very thin strips of bacon… and they did the trick (@Excelsior12309 I sense we are in the same boat this week 🍬 πŸ₯“) I often find after a long distance cycle that the week after I replenish quite a lot – that could be deficiencies or my body is tired… I never really know to be honest but very much go with it as I know I have burned 1000s of calories during the ride… if I was just to do the ride and not have the food fare at the finish line I’m sure I’d report decent losses in the week after but needs must πŸ€—
    Or else I’m making really great excuses..

The biscuits was a different story. The pack along with two others had been sitting in the top shelf of my kitchen press (cabinet) for about 5 months untouched…and over two days they were demolished – sometimes there are no reasons and a little like someone turning to have a glass of wine or a few having not had any for months.. anyhoo… that’s done – won’t be done again for a long time.. if ever πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ but you are right @stitchincarol – it may feel good at the time but never ever after… fabulous drop for you!!! Bravo! πŸŽ‰

@merryapple I’m not a huge fan of marmite – not a hater but one of those few people who can take or leave it… How lovely that you have been photographed for a museum!

@ccco day by day… you will get there… you have been through an awful lot.

@flourbaby a loss is a loss πŸ˜‚ yes… it is indeed a slippery slope and that old..”oh well they are open now” excuse… I will be keeping the faith and staying in my range… I promise you all it was a momentary blip.. but isn’t the brain an incredible/dreadful thing!!! πŸ™ƒ

@funshipfreddie ⭐️ 🚫 🍷 πŸŽ‰ πŸ₯‡ Just Fantastic!

Onward and downward ⬇️

Pocket List – Day 8 🍏

@merry 🍎
    @funshipfreddie
    @snowflake56
    @jaifaim

Day 8, London, UK, FD

It’s a quick one from me, I just skimmed you posts 🀭 and as much as I would love to comment, I just DON’T have the time!!!🀣🀣

I’ll join the pocket list though, since I’m absolutely starving!!! Not quite level 3 though!πŸ’ͺ🏼πŸ’ͺ🏼πŸ’ͺ🏼

We’ve got this!!

Pocket List – Day 8 🍏

@merry 🍎
    @funshipfreddie
    @snowflake56
    @jaifaim
    @flourbaby

β€œYour life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.” – Jim Rohn.

Day 8 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 231 lbs. My weight loss trend is interesting. I think my body is readjusting to the idea that losing weight is the goal. I’m no longer wildly going up in spikes. I had a drop from the 235 average at the last couple weeks of June to the start of July. Then the 10-day average fell steadily a couple of pounds July 1 – 17, staying at 233. There was another drop in the 10-day average from July 17 – 26, where it has remained pretty steady at 231 since.

USA. Day 8 FD

Just checking in!

Pocket List Day 8

@merry 🍎
    @funshipfreddie
    @snowflake56
    @jaifaim
    @flourbaby
    @ccco

Have a great day! :)😊

Day 8 – Rural Nebraska, USA – CD

Yesterday was decent enough, although not as minimal as I’d intended…afternoon and evening temptations were stronger than my determination. I’m clearly needing to work on my RESOLVE. And don’t forget that 3-pound drop was merely the absence of digesting food in my belly. This morning I’m at 163.4, a pound down from when we got home, so I’m suspecting I’ve behaved well enough (and was dealing with EOEO pounds) that I’m down a “real” pound, but not the three that simply looked lovely.

@snowflake56 Have you seen the guidelines that show how much of a dinner plate should be devoted to veggies, how much to protein, and how much to carbs? That might help you to consciously increase your veggies. Do you like salads? Summer salads as meals are something I adore. And putting veggies into casseroles and spaghetti sauces are common hacks for moms trying to get veggies into their kids. You might google how to increase veggies and see if that helps at all. But I’m fascinated that your sodium is always too low!

@merryapple How lovely to feel so clean and sparkly…every now and again I have everything come together and know that feeling. Tell us more about this photo with an apple!

@northgeorgia Sometimes it’s those tiny changes that feel the most encouraging when we’re struggling so much with life challenges and self-control; I’m excited for you to see the 120s and not go back up!

Okay, not much chatter, but I have lots to do this morning. Yesterday, I completely finished my organ music index (prompted by all that music I bought on vacation) and got the 126 pages (with 7,897 lines in Excel) printed, and today I’ll put it in its binder. Then I have a boatload of music to put away. It’s always something, LOL!

Day 9, Germany, NFD

I think my yesterday’s FD came closer to a FD800 but that’s fine.

@jaifaim About eating a whole packet of biscuits, it happened to me a few weeks ago. Have you ever tried the delicious “Bastogne” biscuits by Lu? If not, don’t buy them, they have ~ 1250 cals per package and they will be gone in no time.

@stitchincarol Of course I know how much vegetables I should eat but I just don’t like them very much. I can’t digest salads very well so I avoid them. I’m more a bread, butter, cheese person, no problem having that for every meal. The potassium/sodium/glucose problem is something I have for ages. You must have cupboards full of organ/piano music. I keep the piano/traverse flute music I currently play in the music room, the rest of it is stored in the basement. It’s so tempting to buy new music, isn’t it.

@merryapple What an honour to be photographed for the Cider Museum in Kent. Can we see your picture somewhere?

@funshipfreddie Good to hear that Boo Boo is being herself again! I had to look up “The Last Shanty”, it looks doable. We did the “Wellerman” but we don’t dance it anymore because we collectively disliked it. Everyone’s favourites still are “Jerusalema” and “Billy Jean”.

2nd post

I just looked up the ingredients of the “Bastogne” biscuits, this is really bad: Wheat flour 45%, candy sugar 20%, vegetable fat, sugar, candy syrup, eggs, raising agent: sodium hydrogen carbonate, glucose syrup, flavors, spices, salt. The fat used is palm oil.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 316 total)

You must be logged in to reply.