Wife aces it- Hubby struggles, Day 1 contrasts

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Benefits and side effects
Wife aces it- Hubby struggles, Day 1 contrasts

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  PaulSinead 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• So my wife and I start 5:2 yesterday. By 6pm she was in good shape and I was a mess! What did we do differently? Firstly- the symptoms. We were both hungry, no doubt about that, but it was only distracting and in no way undoable. My problems were from the neck up. I developed a headache by about 10.30am and it stayed with me until about 9am today. I also felt light headed and struggled to perform at work. By 6pm it was wheat packs and dark rooms for me!
    Both my wife and I drank plenty of water during the day so it wasn’t that. What my wife did differently was that she had a tangerine in the middle of the day and a few sticks of sugar free gum- I went with nothing from 7am till 6pm. Now I think that wifey had the right idea, particularly for starting out. Im not a doctor but I guess my blood sugar must have crashed or something similar. Has anyone else had similar early experiences?

Paul
    I had headaches when we started 5:2 but not my husband.
    The headaches do seem to be an early symptoms in the first few weeks of 5:2 but they do go away. My husband and I have been 5:2ing for 5 months now and have lost 22 and 24 lbs respectively. We feel so much healthier and my cholesterol has dropped from 5.9 to 4 over the first 3 months.I encourage you to stick with it. We actually do have a scrambled egg and mushroom early in the day before we go to school I wonder if it would help you or some homemade vege soup. I have a great recipe that comes in a comes in at 28 cals a serve if you would like it?
    Hope that encourages you.

Thanks B. We love vege soup! Recipe would be great. Thanks for the encouragement!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.