Who's FASTING today? I am!!! How do you make it through the day?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
Who's FASTING today? I am!!! How do you make it through the day?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Sashapet 7 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hi there Fasters, let’s support each other! I need all he help I can get! It’s almost 9 am here on the East Coast of the US and I’ve had two cups of coffee with cream (80 cal). I know that’s a lot of calories to use on a beverage, but it keeps me going until lunch time and I really need my coffee with cream! (no I cannot drink it black, I’ve tried and tried! ☕️=😁).

For lunch I’ll have a big salad of cucumbers and lettuce and tomatoes and this really yummy fat free balsamic vinaigrette my husband found at whole foods from a brand called Cindy’s Kitchen. This dressing, unlike practically every other fat free dressing out there, is *not* sweet. I love it! I guess if you’re in the UK or elsewhere you wouldn’t have it, but those of you in North America should check it out. 20 cal for two tablespoons.

I’m working from home today so it’s extra challenging to stay away from food because the kitchen is *right over there*. So I drink a LOT of water. And I like to put this stuff called True Grapefruit in it. It’s crystallized grapefruit powder. Zero calories. Adds a lot of great flavor, if you like grapefruit anyway. If you don’t like grapefruit, well then, you would not like it. And again, it’s not sweet, so that’s good.

Share your strategies for successful fast days!!

I’ve been doing the 5:2 diet since just before Christmas and I’ve lost something like 12lbs. There have been a couple of weeks where I fell off the wagon (I had a cold one week, and another week I went away for a messy drunken weekend with friends).

On fast days I don’t do long fasting periods, instead I try to spread the calories across the day.

So in the morning I weigh out 30g of bran flakes which I eat without milk (because I always eat cereal dry anyway) – that’s ~100 calories.

I then travel to work and will have a diet coke to drink in the morning, plus plenty of water.

For lunch I do more or less what you do, I have a plate of salad from the work cafeteria but I don’t put any dressing on it. Just lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, olives etc today there was even a plate of seaweed so had some of that too. I guestimate this to be ~200 calories. I will also have another diet coke.

I then try to get through the rest of the afternoon with nothing to eat. I will drink water and possibly if feeling desperate have yet another diet coke.

When I get home I will usually eat some biltong (a kind of chewy dried meat a bit like jerky but with no sugar). Tesco sell this in packs that have approximately 100 calories and they’re very high in protein. Which is good because I won’t have had really any protein during the rest of the day.

That leaves me with 200 calories to eat over the rest of the evening. I like to leave these until just before bed when I have some more cereal in an effort to avoid waking up with hunger pangs in the middle of the night.

I’m on a fast day today! I skip breakfast (but have a couple of cups of tea, white, 1 sugar) so that I hit 16 hours since I last ate. Then I have porridge (200 cals) then I’ll have soup for dinner.
    I did just have a small bit of cake with my son (160 cals) but I’m happy as long as I keep below 800 calories for the day. I’m only a few pounds away from my goal weight so don’t mind if it takes a little longer.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.