Who wants to join me? Summer pledge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Soul Support, chat and encourage
Who wants to join me? Summer pledge

This topic contains 509 replies, has 73 voices, and was last updated by  Myggan40 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 510 total)

• @jayegirl sorry to read about your awful hangover! I hope you feel better soon.

Hi @sparks247! Today was my first fast, too and I’ve been reading through the forums literally all day. The funny/not-so-funny thing is, normally I don’t typically eat breakfast and never get hungry until late afternoons. This morning, I’m sure because I knew I was fasting, I was RAVENOUS by 11am! Oh how our lovely minds play tricks on us, eh? I’m attempting to do a full fast (aside from milk in my coffee this morning) but I imagine when it comes time to go to bed on an empty stomach, I may not be able to sleep. If that’s the case, I’ll allow myself ~200 cal snack to make it through. We’ll see 🙂

I very much agree with you, this feels so much more like a lifestyle change than a diet…and I’ve done them all. Very excited by this one and so nice to meet you!

Welcome @sparks, it’s a great way of life and once you get used to the fast days they can become a lot easier than you could ever imagine. Try to plan ahead with your meals, what you will eat, if you will split your calories into 3 meals, 2 or 1 etc.

@jenny, I should have had a miso soup! I’m obviously still brain dead lol. I have just had a whole can of Cream of Chicken Soup with two slices of Low GI bread. I feel a lot better. I hope like me and so many others that you will find this works well for and that fasting will help you to get rid of cravings so you can make better choices on a none fasting day. Gosh I hope you never do what I did Saturday, what an horrendous outcome lol.

I’ve had 630 calories today, haven’t fasted but it’s turned out ok.

Guys, which would you think contains more calories and sugar. A can of Heinz Tomato or a can of Cream of Chicken Soup? No cheating lol, you have to guess using logic, give your first thought!

Jaye

@jayegirl so glad you’re feeling better! And trust me, I shall heed your warnings. I’ve been there and it’s just awful.

Okay hmmm…the can of Tomato would have a ton of sugar, but the thickener for the cream soup is loaded with carbs as well. I’ll go with the Tomato, it was my first thought 🙂

@fastdiet, so sorry your back is bad and right before a trip! The muscle relaxant will help but mention fasting to your doctor, in case he thinks you should eat a bit more on a fast day. I’ve had two back surgeries and travelled with a bad back so I really feel for you. Don’t forget anti inflammatory should be taken with some food or at least milk. Ask if there are other analgesics you can combine while you get to your destination. For instance on bad days on top of my long lasting anti inflammatory I take co-codomol, or if I know I’m going to have to do a lot that day.

Good luck, you should get a good outcome with some diazapam or the like.

I’m going to make you wait until we have a few guesses Jenny. no sneaky googling lol

Hi guys

First fast day for me too… Not brilliant! Went over 500 to about 700! I’m determined to do a 500 day next time.
    X

I’d say Heinz tomato too 🙂

JayeGirl – I’m gonna go with the tomato soup, only cos today was a fast day and I came across a tin in the cupboard – let’s just say it’s still in the cupboard!

Shaza 🙂

Oh fast Ouch hope the muscle relaxer helps .. Hope any flights are first class for the extra room with the pain ..

Today was a kind of sucky fast day ended up at 800 so probably shouldn’t consider it a fast but I’m counting it .. Wednesday I will work to balance the fast out with either a perfect fast or maybe a little lower .. And friday will work towards another low day ..

Snow is almost gone… Yay! Let’s not have anymore please!

Day 2! I completed my first fast. I’m making mine ‘true fasts’ because it’s easier for me. Yesterday, because I knew I was fasting, I was famished by 11am. By 6pm I was pretty sure I was going to die. >_>

I’m a late-night binger, it’s my biggest downfall. I “simply cannot” get to sleep on an empty belly…so I was pretty convinced I’d end up using my 500 cal around midnight just to get through the night. But I fell asleep around 11pm and didn’t even notice.

Today I woke up earlier than usual, clear headed and super productive.

Interestingly enough, when I awoke this morning I wasn’t hungry at all. This speaks to me about how much habit can affect hunger. So grateful to have found this method of eating! (Just had a late breakfast and I don’t think a scrambled egg and piece of toast have ever tasted so good. :D)

@rho1640 I’m in Michigan, yesterday was warm and spring-like. This morning I woke up to everything covered in that white stuff again. Ugh! Waiting for spring’s become almost as frustrating as trying to lose weight lol (oknotrly)

I am losing at about 0.25lb per week at the moment so I will need to lose a little faster to make the 7-8lb loss for the summer. I had a really good fast day yeaterday and have not gone overboard today, will just have to see how I get on. Good luck to all you fellow pledgers.

it was the tomato soup! Calories not much between them but there was in the sugar.

Tomato: Cals per 100g 59, sugar 5g

Cream of Chicken: Cals per 100g 52, sugar 1.2

I think a lot of people less aware than us would not think about the sugar in the Tomato soup and would assume it was one of their 5 a day so would be a soup with fewer cals. The Cream of Chicken, people think… Cream = Fat so I’m not having that. Yet it was the better option of the two. I don’t worry about fats anything like I do sugars.

@jennybb. Congratulations. Aren’t you surprised at how well you did and that actuslly your body took care of itself. In the morning it’s a new day, you don’t wake up starving lol. In fact lots of us don’t eat breakfast! We just eat when we are genuinly hungry. Well done, you have taken the first giant step. I bet you feel really proud! On your none fast days take note that you will probably crave less, especially as you choose to naturally make better choices as the fasting rids your body of all the naughty sugars etc. Keep posting and letting us know how you are getting on. A wonderful first day for you, well done!

Fingers crossed for you @pamton, still great that you are losing.

Still not completely well. Boo hooo…

Jaye 🙂

Yes, I would have thought it was the creamy soup rather than the vegetable one.

Not on a fast day today, so bought myself some popcorn. Ate most of bag. Thought distantly that it did seem to be lasting a long time. Noticed at point of nausea that it is a 3-serving bag. Honestly, I’m like a popcorn hoover, I cannot be trusted around it, it’s like crack to me.

I’m losing about 0.25 – 0.5 lbs a week myself. Of course I’d like it to be faster, but I’m focusing on just taking each day, on adapting to a new lifestyle rather than a “diet”, and on just seeing where I end up. Although popcorn intake may mean I end up in A&E with heart failure, the amount of salt on this stuff.

Feel a bit peculiar.

Anyway, fast day tomorrow – have lost count of how many weeks I’ve been doing this now. Must be about 10. Although I do still get very hungry on fast days, I’ve come to look forward to the clean-and-lean feeling I get on those days. Particularly when I’ve just overdosed on delicious, buttery, carby, salty popcorn ogod give me the rest of bag!!

@mogs, I’m thinking you should have gone with ‘Popcorn’ as your forum name lol. I used to mindlessly eat an entire family bag of peanut M&Ms at the movies. Used to stop ONLY if my tongue was sore from all the crunching and ususlly that was on the last one! Lol. I could just as easily munch through a big share bag of Caramel popcorn. Thank the lords I can now go to the movies and eat… NOTHING! It can be done lol.

Still feeling poo, got a check up today and was told I will be fine in another couple of days, keep pushing fluids, rest up and start back on fasting by Monday. That’s good news. Watching my TDEE every day so hoping I won’t gain. I’ve lost 1lb. Just hoping i won’t be up come Monday.

Good luck everyone.

@jayegirl Thank you SO much for your supportive and kind words. I can’t tell you how much it meant. And I’m very sorry you’re still not feeling well. It must be a bug or something. Keeping fingers crossed you feel better soon!

I really am too excited about this new WOL and to have this forum, and all you amazing people to connect with and share…well, let’s just say I’ve never been this excited about a ‘diet’ (and I’ve tried one or two before 🙂

I’ve promised myself only 1 ‘weights and measures’ day a week, on Saturday. But it’s tempting because I can see I’ve lost some (water) weight already. Tomorrow’s my 2nd fast day and I do find myself looking forward to it, surprisingly.

and LOL @mogs …I can relate. My crack is peanut butter. I cannot keep it in the cupboard or I’ll eat it by the spoonful like it’s ice cream (sneaking it late at night).

Just off to bed, stayed 550 cals below my TDEE BUT ACTUALLT FEEL STUFFED! I think it’s because I’ve had to eat carbs. It’s made me more hungry today and not fasting this week has made me worry I had broken my fasting spell! But… I don’t like how I feel today having had 4 slices of bread, even though low carb and 125g of rice. Don’t get me wrong it all tastes good it’s just not sitting right.

Like Jennybb this WOL in the past 7 weeks has made me feel elated and euphoric. I smile all the time, I laugh so much more, I’m so much happier and feel I can do this life. I don’t want to lose that feeling or that control and can’t wait to be fasting again come Monday. And Jennybb, you’re very welcome, it’s what we are all here for. To help spur each other on, I find this forum really extremely helpful and positive. It’s my first diet forum and I think it’s invaluble.

Night all, happy fasting.

Jaye 🙂

Hello Everyone,

I am Diana aka Chippy57. I am 57 years young and live in Southern California. My starting weight is 300lbs and want to get down to 165lbs, but I have 20lb goals set for myself. My weigh in days are going to be Monday mornings. I started this diet on Monday, fasted yesterday. So far so good. Next fast is tomorrow.

@jennybb, on your recommendation I am join this group. Thanks!!!!!

I am truly looking for a good support group. Together we can all do this.

I look forward to “meeting everyone” and sharing. 🙂

Diana

HI all, hope the people with bugs and bad backs soon feel better. There’s been a particularly narsty fluey coldy bug going round that’s really knocking people off their paws. Touch wood I’ve escaped it so far.

Fasting today – got my second cup of coffee which is great for easing hunger pangs. Since I discovered almond milk has only got 13 calories per 100ml, I have that in my coffee on a fast day, as it works out to just 10 cals per drink. Found myself thinking “Ah go on, why not have a biscuit or three…?” and then another part of my brain was all up in my bidnid saying, “Whatchoo wanna do, stay fat?!” and I stepped away from the biscuit jar. I can have it tomorrow.

Looking forward to four days off – shame the weather in Blighty is so blah at the moment, it would be nice to get out and about and do spring-like things, whatever they might be (Frolicking? Gathering wild flowers in a meadow? Painting a hard-boiled duckling in pastel colours? The details are somewhat hazy.) Will have to shift my next fast day, though, I reckon: have been invited to a friend’s house for eastery tea on Monday, so might consider a Sunday fast instead. I find fast days at work a bit easier because I’m busy, anyone got any tips for a weekend day fast?

Afternoon Gang!

Well I’m thinking i must have caught some bug after reading Mogs (popcorn) post, and the Doc did say that yesterday that I might have got a bug Because I have NO energy at all, I feel foggy, a bit sickly and like i just want to camp out at home. Although that duckling event sounds great… I’ll be frying mine though! Lol

Welcome @chippy, I’ll stick to your screen name then I don’t confuse myself any more than I generally am lol. These threads and people are a great support. I think you will enjoy it here and find it very helpfull for keeping on track and really wanting to and actually doing well on your new WOL. It really works if you don’t cheat lol.

@mogs, don’t buy the biscuits!!! Don’t have it in the house because when you eat them you get an insulin spike and when it drops to your hoots (very quickly) you will want more. Let the fasting help you to eat sugar as a more rare treat than a daily event and it all becomes a lot easier. How nice would it be to see sweet things and say, no thanks I don’t crave that I’ve done it 2/3 times a week out with friends, they eat cake, I just have the coffee. Have a biscuit or dessert when you are out as a treat and you won’t then be tempted at home. Or, just leave the biscuits and kerp eating them on none fast days lol.

I’m out tomorrow night going to see some live band, I’ll be on soda water. Also out to dinner and the movies on Saturday, steak dinner and no food in the theatre. Not even POPCORN lol. And.. Out for dinner with family on Sunday. I’m going to have somthing nice, we are going to an Italian restaurant/bar. Then on to drinks elsewhere but I’ll go home then. Fingers crossed I feel energetic

About to eat peanut butter on low gi bread toasted topped with banana. This used to give me energy so here’s hoping.

Jaye 🙂

Yay, great to ‘see’ you here @chippy57! 🙂

@jayegirl, take care of yourself. Especially if you’re still getting over that bug. Also, have a GREAT time! It sounds like you’ve a few fun days planned.

Today’s my 2nd fast day and so far, so good. Yesterday was my partner, Mark’s birthday so I did indulge a little bit.

Tomorrow is when I’ve assigned my weekly weights and measures day. Is it wise to weigh in right after a fast or should I wait another day past?

@mogs, unfortunately I don’t have any advice for you (having only just started) but I’ll keep my fingers crossed it goes well. I can say, I’m not ever busy unless I’m traveling. I work from home, so my fast days consist of me by myself with the kitchen calling my name all day lol. It’s not that bad, really.

@jayegirl, Thank you for the welcome! I am fasting today, so far so good. Will have an apple at lunch and a small dinner. Easier for me to save the calories for evening so that I don’t go to bed hungry. Tea and water sustain me through the day pretty well.

@jennybb, I work from home too. I think it makes it easier to stay on track since I don’t go out to lunch with the girls on a regular basis like I used to.

This weekend we are having a birthday party for our oldest daughter who will be 32. I am trying to plan so I can eat with them but just healthy. Should be easier since I am doing the cooking. I will let you know how I did for my first week on Monday morning.

First week is over and I’m down 2 lb (woohoo!) but what’s really exciting is I lost 3 inches off my waist! I’m sure an inch or two of that was water but it’s still nice to see 🙂 Also, an inch off my hips and one off my bust so 5 inches of me has disappeared and I’m thrilled. Still a lot of inches and pounds to go (my goal is 140ish and I’m 182 as of today).

2nd FD was so. much. easier. Just like you all told me it would be.

@chippy, have fun this weekend!

Hi Jenny, WELL DONE!!! Yes for a lot of us it does get easier to do fast days, and easier to curb your cals on none fast days. You have done brilliantly, keep it up

I have opened a new account on Facebook, one just for my Fast friends from here so we can share pics and see everyone’s faces. I don’t expect everyone to crate a new account for it but I like to keep my family account separate. I won’t follow your times lines, I will just read what you put on my time line for me and others to read.

Please come along and add me as a friend or send a request. No need to chat there if you don’t want too, I will still be here all the time. This is just to share pics, face pics, weight loss pics, old and new pics, inspirational pics and quotes etc. Things we can’t post here.

My details are:
    Jaye Bloggs I’m the blonde in a blue and cream dress, although it’s just a head shot. Hope to see you all there.

Jaye

Btw, feeling better today though not tiptop. I am going out tonight though to see that band and will be on soda water and drinking.

I am happy to say that I lost 2.5lbs this week. Happy about that since I haven’t had a fast day.

Hope everyone else is doing well and enjoying Easter.

Please don’t beat yourselves up if you eat chocolate and naughty foods this weekend. You are entitled, we all know we can take it off next week!

Happy Easter x

Thanks so much @jayegirl! I’m very pleased. I’m so used to the yo-yo dieting (Atkins, to name names) where you lose 7+ lb in the first week, it’s actually NICE to see a normal, healthy loss and to know it’s going to be so much easier to maintain.

I just searched for you on FB but you’re not showing up for me yet. I’m “JennyBBones” short dark hair and glasses, (here’s the linK: https://www.facebook.com/JennyBBones) I think it takes a day or two to start showing up in search for new accounts?

I’ve thought about maybe making a private FB group too where we can share privately and with pics. If anyone’s interested I’m happy to set it up.

And congrats on your 2.5 lb AND to feeling better! Have a great time tonight 🙂

Hi all another 2 pounds off this week and have done quite a lot of exercise. That’s 21 pounds since Jan and 3ponds into the stone I want to lose for summer. 🙂
    @mogs I find those 2 Geordie Bikers diet cook books a great help and aim to have something less than 300 cals for my evening meal on a fast day.
    Great to see such a varied group of people on the thread, I enjoy reading what everyone is upto. Get well soon all those with viruses and injuries.
    Today is a beautiful spring day in Northern England. Family round tomorrow so just taking a break from the housework.
    Happy Easter.

Hi there! I’m Bella

I’ve been reading through the threads and can see great support! which I’d love to be part of, am starting 5:2, and Tues/Thurs will be fast days 🙂 have 20Ibs to lose, hoping to hit the first 10Ibs by August. I tend to have extreme attitudes around food, so I think I’m a food-aholic, am a scoffer and a picker, don’t leave any chocolate anywhere near me 😉 but on the other hand I’ve banned many foods which I think are unhealthy, which I’d probably be better off actually eating, still, I have managed to reduce my wine and coffee drinking, which makes me sleep better, and so am less likely to eat empty calories. I’m looking to forward to see how my first day goes, and will report back. I do loads of exercise and teach Zumba, so am hoping this will help me reach my target. looking forward to hearing from you here. Good luck to everybody for the week ahead..x

Hi Guys,

Happy Easter! I am having my first day off since I started, now at the end of my 7th week. I have lost my 2lbs this week, actually I lost 3lbs which I am very pleased about since I didn’t get to fast, (being unwell) but I didn’t eat a great deal up until yesterday. when I had 1500 cals. I had two 900 cal days and stayed well under my 2028 cals. I usually aim for 1800 or less actually but I have 2000 in MyFitnessPal and the reason I keep that figure is because I find mentally it’s easier to keep under when I know I still have lots of calories less left to eat. I guess that is left over from before I started fasting. I always liked having a ‘treat’ in the house ‘just in case I wanted it’ because if I didn’t I felt deprived. Stupid idea because it just lead to eating said treat lol.

So early evening I am going to an Italian with my family. I’m thinking I am going to have …… Pasta!!! I haven’t had pasta in 7 weeks. Also a dessert, I have had one piece of cheesecake on my step mothers birthday since I started so double treat today. Had an alcohol free weekend and normally I drink a bottle of Prosecco and still lose weight so hopefully this will give me some wiggle room for today and I am driving and not drinking.

My 4th successful visit to the movies last night without eating any food in there. i.e a family bag of M&Ms just for me lol. Went for dinner first and had a sirloin with a jacket potato so I was full anyway and I wouldn’t dream of eating when I am full now. Watched Cinderella.. Go see it, a really lovely film plus they do a 15 min Frozen film before it!!! Being a fan of Frozen it was fantastic to see that lol.

I will work extra hard next week to make sure I lose 2lbs.

Hope everyone is having a lovely Easter and having a little treat. Don’t beat yourselves up if you have some naughty things this weekend. Remember this is a WOL not a diet. Get back on it tomorrow and you will soon sort out any lbs you might have gained. I am seeing some family that I haven’t seen for weeks. When you are as big as me losing 24lbs doesn’t show up that quickly but I am hoping my niece who I haven’t seen for 4 weeks will notice. Fingers crossed.

Yesterday I got out my summer clothes, I am going away in June. All my summer strapless maxi dresses (you know the ones with the elasticated bust part) from last year are still OK, not too big. Bought a new dressy maxi in a size 26 which fits nicely. Can’t wait to by 24s lol. I have bought 4 new ones size 28 which are going to be roomy by the time I go away but I will just take them in on the sewing machine if I need too. The swimsuits I bought last year because the previous years were too small 🙁 are now too big, couldn’t wear them as they are baggy around the legs and tummy lol. The ones from the year before which were a bit tight, fit really nicely! All my shorter strappy summer dresses that didn’t fit me last year now fit perfectly. Very pleased about all that. Can’t wait to see how much more I lose in the next 9 weeks. My goal I set at 11 weeks was to lose 20lbs. I have already lost 6lbs in 2 weeks.

Good luck for next week everyone. 🙂

Welcome Bella,

Good luck with your fast days. The best tip I can give you is to be organised! If you live alone just don’t the things you know you will binge on. Try not to cheat on fast days. Decide when and what you will eat a day in advance and count it to the calorie. Decide how you will eat, will it be 1/2 or 3 meals. I eat just once and have a long fast. If I am fasting tomorrow (which I am) I will eat my last meal at 7.30/8 tonight and then not eat again until the same time tomorrow. That said I am out to dinner tonight at 5pm with family so the chances are I will eat some fruit later in the evening as I may get peckish but I won’t eat after 8pm. I would then not eat again until the following day whenever I am hungry. I don’t tend to eat until about 12/1pm on none fast days unless I go out for breakfast as I am just not hungry. But that gives me another nice fast.

And that is what fasting will teach you… Real hunger, the difference between when your body needs fuel and when it is just telling your brain you are bored, or feeling emotional, or you usually eat something at that time! The other thing it did for me was get rid of cravings (ALL) of them! Read my post above and come join us in the ‘Fat Busting Brits’ and ‘HELP women of certain age’. The other things I have stopped doing is: eating when full, eating when I come home after going out for dinner!!! Eating because I am bored, upset, eating as a reward, eating because it is there, eating stuff because I am at the movies and that’s what I have always done, having cake with my coffee just because others are doing it. I don’t crave it so I can go without it. I am eating purely from hunger for the first time in my life and I LOVE IT lol. I finally control food, my brain and my stomach, they no longer rule me. I started at 18.2lbs 7 weeks ago, I have lost 24lbs.

I keep well under my allotted 2028 cals a day, this helps to lose even more than I do on my fast days. Go to Your tracker at the top right of the page and start tracker and see how many cals you have daily. people like to try different calculators on different sites as they say this gives them too many cals. When I did that this was the lowest cals I got for my TDEE. If you eat the suggested you won’t lose anymore weight, as it’s cals in verses cals out. I do count on none fast days but it’s easy to keep under because I don’t crave high calories/sugar foods and I don’t touch sugar from a bowl or honey. If I have sugar then it’s in the bread, milk, sauce on my food etc. I eat low carb, higher fat and as little sugar as poss. I love sweet potatoes, lovely low GI alternative to potatoes. I eat rice once a week, not touched pasta. I have 4/6 slices of low GI bread I get from the bakery in a week. Now this is my plan, you can do whatever suites you. But this is how I have changed by fasting. I got all the sugar out of my system and then didn’t crave it. If I am hungry on fast days I have cup of miso soup (this comes in a little box of sachets. 18 cals per sachet) they are great because they are a broth and taste beefy so they fill you up. I also have some Lemon tea and add a slice of fresh lemon and drink that hot. Be warned you may get cold on fast days. Our bodies digesting food causes energy = heat. Eating little or no food all day there is no natural heat in our bodies so prepare for that if you are going out to work. I also drink sparkling water or soda water. It doesn’t ‘help you to lose weight lol’ but as you know it will keep you hydrated. We get 40% of our water from food so it’s important on fast days to drink.
    I use MyFitnessPal app to count calories, I just pop in what I am eating and it tells me what cals I have left. Also prompts me if I eat anything high in sugar as I have put in that I don’t want to eat more than the RDA 24g – 6 tsps which adds up quicker than you think just eating bread, milk cereals etc.

If you want any help or tips just ask and we will all help and support you!

Good luck.

PS sorry peeps, 2 very long posts lol.

Quick hello and Happy Easter!
    Fast day today for me so no chocolate eggs! Enjoying visiting with both my sons and my granddaughter. Off to the beach later today. Hope all is well. I need to catch up on reading the threads…

thanks Jaye, really nice to get your welcome on this thread! 🙂 and inspiring to hear all you peeps stories! Thanks for the tips, yes so true about the reasons for eating other than hunger, I do all of those..Am going to try with Miso or Bouillion, Soda water sounds good too.. Have been trying for a long time to get to grips with my eating problems, the Zumba has deffo helped, since becoming an instructor have lost about 8Ilbs but want to get to grips with my attitude towards food. Here we go!..

Happy Easter everyone! Thankfully, the Easter bunny skipped my house this year so no chocolate eggs for me 🙂

Welcome Bella!! I’m new here, too. Heading into my second week on FD and I’m really loving it. Such a new way of life, and a new road to getting the weight under control. Good luck to you and know that the first fast day is the hardest. Make it through that and I promise it gets MUCH easier after. This thread is a great support, and the forum in general. Don’t know what I’d do without it.

And @jayegirl I for one love your posts, so the longer the better 😀

thanks Jenny!,looking forward to start and sharing on this forum 😉

Well guys, Easter is almost done, I hope we’ve all survived it without gaining too much weight.

Hell @fastdiet, well done you doing a fast over Easter weekend lol

Well today was my day to be naughty but actually I was pretty good. At 1.30 I had 2 slices of low Gi bread with 2 tsps (measured) of peanut butter and a banana and just drank water all day. Went out for dinner and ordered Fettucine Alfredo with chicken. Omg it was so tasty. First time I’ve had pasta in 8 weeks. I ate about 1/3 of the portion, it was huge compared to all the other meals others had lol. Probsbly I would have forced most of it in before this WOL but today I was getting pretty uncomfortable by the time I was 1/3 the way through it so just stopped eating. And I passed on dessert and coffee because I was full!! I did have two folk fulls of my sisters cake which I put in as 150 cals in MyFitnessPal but it was nowhere near that. Later I met a friend for coffee and had a skinny cappuccino. I put the pasta dish in as 850 cals. I looked at it in MFP and on the net, so many different amounts of calories. I aired on the side of caution, but even if I am out by 2/300 cals I am still well under my TDEE.

My family were all lovely about my weight loss and very encouraging.

I’m going for a walk with my niece tomorrow in the park, it is right outside my nieces house and she lives 5 mins drive from me. It’s the park I grew up playing in. It has lots of benches so I know I will be OK. My first walk since last summer! Since then I literally just walk to my car, from there into my destination. I’m definitely feeling the benifit of weight loss with my back and leg. I can stand and walk better. I can get my socks on without my sock aid lol. I can get my boots on and zip them without almost suffocating mystery self lol. I have popped into Asda to pick up tea and without the aid of a trolly to lean on I have walked to the aisle! Paid for it and got to my car without feeling like my hip was going to pop or my back snap lol. So guys, I know that losing weight isn’t the whole answering to less backache, less painfull joints but as someone that has had a disability resulting from an accident years ago. Putting most of my weight on my right side and worn that keg out…. I can tell you without doubt that with less than 2 stone weight loss I honestly feel a difference in my comfort and pain!

Fast day tomorrow for me. First proper one since last Friday. I feel completely better now and looking forward to fasting

Guys, please come and join us on Facebook. I started a new page just for us, it’s lovely putting faces to the chat.
    Jaye Blogs, I have blonde hair and wearing a blue and cream dress, it’s just ahead shot. Would love to see you there.

Jaye

Hi Everyone,

Hope all your days, if fasting, went well 😉 this was my first fasting day, and have found it quite brutal! haven’t found the hunger as such a problem, but have felt “weak and feeble” most of the day, yuck, but know the first day is tough, thanks to this forum! Note to self, is it a good idea to start the fast day after a very long w/e? I found that a bit tough, a full on day at work, and the thought of no treats ahead, sure thurs will be better. Might have to change my route home from work, as the whole world seemed to be working their way through huge glasses of wine and fish and chip in the pubs and restaurants as I passed by..or was it my imagination? Only other problems are although I wanted to quit coffee, to sleep better, may have to drink some on fast days..let’s see, all a learning process. This forum certainly kept me going throughout the day, knowing I would report back, so that’s pretty cool. Best wishes and speak soon.

Hi guys. Help me please. I have been on the diet for a week now and lost no weight. Possibly because on my none fast days I just eat for England. I open the fridge and or cupboard and just eat. I’m not really that big, I only wont to lose a stone but still eat and eat and eat and eat and eat and eat and eat and eat!

@beldyboop did you not take any miso soup or caffeine free herbal teas to get you through the day. Did you eat a couple of meals or did you just have one meal in the evening. Did you prepare for it all the day before so you knew when you what you were eating? Maybe you didn’t recall it but I wrote here that the best way to get through it is to be prepared and drink plenty. You can have coffee, you can even have it with some milk (just count the calories from your 500). Home made veg soups are good to take in on work days, few calories and keep you going. Soup keeps you fuller for longer too.

It will get better. Try just looking at the floor and listening to music on your way home if you find watching others eat torture lol.

As for doing it on the back of a long weekend, I can’t think of a better time to start when you have probably over indulged more than a normal weekend.

@mad as a March Hare, I think you have answered your own question lol. It’s basic maths, calories in verses calories out. If you go well over on NFD (none fast days) any good you did on the FDs fast days) will be undone. With a possibility of even gaining.

Take some of the resistance you have on FDs into your NFD. Prepare a menu for yourself, including snacks to get you through the day under, your TDEE. If you are eating out, make sensible choices, steak, chicken, gammon etc with veg and a baked potato. Use the MyFitnessApp and put all your calories in as you eat things, put everything in and don’t cheat. That way you know exactly where you are going wrong and what you are spending your calories on. Although it says eat normally on NFDs it means eat within your TDEE, it doesn’t mean you can eat anything you want and still lose. Get yourself prepared for you NFDs and I think that will help you. Use the MyFitnessApp to check foods to see if you really want to use your calories on those things or have something more healthy. If you can do a FD you can use the tricks and tips you use on that day to get you through those days. Good luck!!

Hi everyone!

Thanks @jayegirl, yes I did get myself organized, took Bouillon in a flask, herbal tea, and some emergency almonds. I was Ok, but I was aware how low my energy levels were, I hope that improves. First day back to work is always a downer for me, until I get into the swing of it 🙂 Had first meal at 7pm so did have to wait a bit longer, thurs I will eat a bit earlier. As far as coffee I want to cut down as it keeps me awake, so on fast days will stick to it in the mornings. Overall I ate 450 cals.

@mad as March Hare, I don’t keep anything tempting in the house, unless you count porridge oats ;-0 like Jaye, I plan ahead, which can be a drag but am used to it now, so always have the stuff I need in, salad stuff, tuna..At work the kitchen area is a place I avoid, enough biscuits to open a Waitrose store. I know I overeat for many reasons other than hunger, so it’s worth keeping an eye on the reasons and try to remove yourself from the situation, and do something different. I hope it works out for you. Allowing a few treats into this plan can be motivating, for me a glass of wine at the w/e…
    I think the results of the FD, are individual, so it might be faster for some, but if you have not got much weight to lose, it will be slower, as is my case. I’m not expecting to lose more than 1/2 Ib per week, (I need to lose approx 20Ibs) I also take medication for under-active thyroid, have seen minor improvement, but it does affect metabolism..

best wishes

Bella

Jaye sent you a friend request on FB … May not post a ton since I don’t want it to show up on my fb page .. But I’m needing extra motivation ..

I have been stress eating and I need to get it under control .. Sounds so easy doesn’t it lol. Just stop eating … God I wish it was that easy .. I’m trying to turn fro eating to walking as a stress reducer hoping that will help .. Of course it could just mean I walk around the world eating away

Hi everyone. So glad to hear everyone’s well 🙂 In the middle of Week 2 here and I’m going to go to a 4:3 starting Sunday (Sun, Tues, Thurs). I just feel so great the morning after a fast, I want more of that lol. A little worried about weights and measures on Friday as I feel like a bloated cow. But I know I’ve been sticking to the diet and not going overboard on non-fast days.

Bella, I took take meds for underactive thyroid. It’s like a double-whammy…my hormones due to age (45) and thyroid are conspiring against me. But we shall prevail! 😀

I’m just as excited about overall health benefits as I am about losing the weight…wait, that’s a lie…ALMOST as excited 😉

I’m happy to start a secret FB group where we can share privately our Summer Pledge journey and pics. I’d rather not have it posted to my public wall, as well.

I’ve friended up with Jaye already but not the rest of you…if you send me a request at this address, and let me know you want to join (in this thread, please) I’ll start the group: https://www.facebook.com/JennyBBones

Hello everyone
    Great to see lots of new people and fab to hear about your FD journeys.

To all the ‘oldies’ on this thread – hope you are well and enjoying any spring-like weather you might have.

I’ve not been on for a couple of weeks. It’s Easter Holiday in London and I’ve been off with the kids a bit and I decided to take 2 weeks off the FD. I’ve been doing some travelling and a lot of relaxing. Lots of food and drink but also lots of outdoor activities so there is some balance. Not enough though… 🙂 I have sneakily weighed myself a couple of times throughout this ‘break’ and I’ve realised I need the FD’s to maintain.

All the best to you fab fasters this week! I will be back on next week and I’m actually quite looking forward to my usual Tuesday fast. I have my new goal to reach by the 22nd of May and as it’s creeping closer I feel more focused.

Take care!
    Lotta xx

Hi there everyone!

@jennybb, yes the thyroid is a nightmare to be honest, I know what you mean, hormones on the rampage, never nice 😉 never sure if it’s the thyroid, perimenopause (52)that’s ganging up on me! lol. Find exercise the key, especially Zumba, I became an instructor 2013 🙂 but still battle with weight, even with meds..have 20Ibs to lose…

Good luck to everyone, and look forward to post-fast shares..

Didn’t realize I’d been away so long! Lots of great comments.

I get cold on fast days, too. Last week I tried making my own version of Bulletproof Coffee (bulletproof exec website) as my calories…& no, I have no affiliation. It’s not for everyone: 1T grass fed butter, 1 T coconut oil blended into coffee. I add stevia, spices & vanilla so it’s more like chai. It’s actually creamy–butter is solid cream anyway. I added collagen/gelatin to the coffee for protein because I had some in the house while working up the nerve to use it for arthritis.

Results:
    I swear the fats kept me from getting so cold.
    Blending coffee with fats seemed to make the caffeine last, and metabolize more slowly throughout the day instead of a big wallop.
    My brain felt better. (Sometimes I feel strange on fast days, muddled, like I shouldn’t make any important decisions!)
    I saw new numbers on the scale!

His premise seems to be to omit most carbs to teach the body to burn fat. I’m not endorsing it; I don’t know much about it. Just passing along what I’m experimenting with.

Hi everyone!

@spritely2 the coffee sounds interesting, might give it a go as also feel on fast days a bit on another planet, and if my jobs stressful, it becomes more so on these days, never good. No problems with the cold though yet, maybe because here it’s suddenly gone quite Springlike 🙂

Have only started this week, so early days but on the positive side I find the FD’s empowering and feel good, albeit lacking a lot of energy, I walk part of the way to work, about 55mins, and on the way home usually look forward to this, not now! the uphill bit was a struggle, and I’m quite fit, lol. Also on NFD’s don’t feel like stuffing my face, and am hoping my love of biscuits will
    be a thing of the past. On the negative side will have to work out where to fit in my exercise. I give my Zumba classes on the NFD’s but haven’t had the energy to go out running, hopefully at the weekend.

Will look for bulletproof coffee 🙂

Hi everyone!

This is my 2nd serious attempt at the 5:2 as shedding my winter clothes revealed rolls (not Arctic!) that weren’t there before. I’ve been on the FD for 4 weeks now and initially lost 2 kg but have gained 1 kg back this week! But I also found @simcoeluv‘s post from 2014 that talks about exercise stalling weight loss so perhaps that’s what’s happening. I play tennis twice a week, run 6k twice a week and try and fit a 6-8k walk as well. I am beginning to feel the tummy tightening and trousers loosening (yippee!) and must not lose heart and keep going.

I am 162cm and currently weight 60.5 kg, and my goal is to get to 57 kg by end of June/early July. I know I’m not that heavy but just need to get rid of those midriff rolls and flabby thighs.

I also wear a Jawbone fitness tracker and that has helped immensely, reminding me not to sit idle too long and I get a real buzz when the steps adds up. Does anyone else use one?

Ugh. 2nd week done and 2nd weigh-in shows that I’ve lost no inches and, according to the scale, put the 2lb I lost last week back on?! Very frustrating!!!

I’m hoping it’s some added weight as I approach “that time of the month” but this is so disappointing.

Thinking maybe I’d be better off weighing in just once a month. Wonder if I have that much willpower.

Next week I was already planning on starting 4:3…at the very least, today’s results gives me more incentive to do so.

I know I have a sluggish thyroid which makes losing weight doubly difficult but to see the scale go BACK UP after a week of being very careful is taking the wind out of my sails.

Okay, I think I’m done ranting for now. No worries, not giving up, but crying in my coffee this morning :/

Hi @elastigirl and welcome. You will get lots of support here and hopefully dole some out yourself.

Personally I’m not exercising at the moment and when I do it will be on the wii at home so I can’t offer any advice on that. It doesn’t matter how little you have to lose, we all have our own personal goals and definitions of how we want our bodies to look. Fasting is the same for all of us regardless of how quickly or slowly we reach goal. Good luck.

@jennybb first of all, don’t panic. I know it’s awful to see that on the scale but as you say, you are approaching that time of month. Thank god I have a coil fitted, no periods, no PMS for me! A few questions, firstly did you get on the scales right from getting out of bed? Did you know that you will weigh more if you do that? Someone else posted about it. No idea why but I have done it many times to test it, and even not going the loo and it still works! Secondly, have a look over your week, have you binged at all, had things you didn’t know the calories of, guessed at the calories of things etc that might have been higher than you thought. If you don’t already please just for this week do two things. Firstly weigh yourself tomorrow after you have been up for at least 15 mins. Secondly, everything you eat this week track on MyFitnessPal or something similar. See how close to your TDEE you are. Are you under, over, right at etc. Just so that you are completely aware of what you are eating, when you are eating and also, why. Were you truely hungry or did you eat because it was there, because you craved it, because you were bored, because someone else was eating it. Just for a week and see how you fair next week. The BIGGEST change of all in me over these past 8 weeks is that I only eat from hunger. In doing that some days I am lucky to eat 1000 cals. I have a very sedate life so I probably can get away with that but my TDEE is 2011. I’ve set it to 1750 though.

Personally I weigh myself daily. It can go up on Sunday because I drink Saurday although I didn’t last week. The reason I do it daily is because I want to lose weight every week, if I see the scales go up then I reduce my TDEE for the next few days. I am not suggesting you do but I do. I am very strict to be honest just because I have stones and stones to lose lol. And as I said I want to see it reduce every week for all my hard work put in. I don’t have any treats in the week, just Prosecco on Saturdays and i use my TDEE for that too. I don’t have treats simply because I n longer crave them so can say no, even on an unexpected pit stop with friends. I appreciate that not everyone has gained that ability due to fasting.

I am sure that the scales will show all your hard work for you soon, please don’t get disheartened. Though I know it’s easy for me to say that, we are ALL rooting for you!!

I’ve reached a personal goal this week having crashed through 2 stone. I’ve lost 29lbs for this weeks weigh in. Now I just need to get under 16 stone next week. I’m 16.1lbs. I’m away tomorrow morning till late Sunday staying in a beautiful hotel in Llandudno. I’ll be having some Prosecco, I’m allowing myself a piece of cake with a coffee too since I didn’t have anything over Easter and lost 4lbs this week. I’m also seeing an old work colleague and her husband Sunday. They are driving over to spend the day with us. They are the loveliest couple and I can’t wait for her to see my weight loss lol. When we first met 2 years ago this month I was about this size, in those 2 years she has watched me gain 2 stone! I haven’t seen her since I started fasting but have sent her pics. She’s incredably supportive so will be lovely to see her and see someone who will really see a difference. My hairdresser today said right away ‘wow how much more have you lost’. She has also watched the gain and now the loss. It’s good to have people you don’t see regulay noticing the changes lol.

Off to my nieces for dinner. She’s losing inches with a personal trainer. The pics are very impressive from when she first started. She’s not losing pounds but her body is changing. She’s only a size 10/12 anyway. Spooky how even at that size you can still have rolls, big bums, thighs. So she is eating very healthy too and looks Fantatic. She’s drop dead gorgeous anyway and lovely.

Good luck guys, I hope the weekend is good to you all. I will be on tonight as I’m home and will be popping on while I’m away to keep myself on track!

Happy fasting

Jaye 🙂

Hi @Jaye and first…congrats on your milestone!! That, alone, was enough to return the smile (and motivation) to me today 🙂

I did weigh myself the moment I got up, actually. I figured that’d be the best time O.o I’m glad you told me that. I just weighed in again and it’s 1 lb less…so a 1lb loss so far (much better than zero!) TYTYTY

And I think you’re right. I absolutely guessed on calories last week. I tracked them the first week and felt I had a good handle but maybe some further tracking will help (and it certainly won’t hurt!) I’m avoiding all processed sugar so I know I didn’t fall off because of sweets. That alcohol though…if I’ve failed to include calories that’s where they’ll surely be discovered.

All your advice is spot on and your encouraging words SO appreciated. <3

Not giving up! I knew this wasn’t going to be easy. I’ve tried the “easy” and “quick” weight loss tactics and they failed in the end. That this is a new WOL and that I feel more healthy than I have in ages, will keep me going through these bumps in the road (and lumps on my thighs lol).

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 510 total)

You must be logged in to reply.