Who wants to join me? Summer pledge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Soul Support, chat and encourage
Who wants to join me? Summer pledge

This topic contains 509 replies, has 73 voices, and was last updated by  Myggan40 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 501 through 510 (of 510 total)

• Hello Lotta,

I don’t think I’ve ever tried BodyCombat. I’ve done BodyPump, and BodyAttack and have liked them both. It’s hard to fit in gym classes now because of running my kids around to their activities after school/work. So, I’ve been running a few times a week and doing workout videos (30-45 min.) when I get home from work on non-fast days. It’s not ideal, but it’s working for now. I also wear a Fitbit, to make sure I at least get in 10,000 steps a day (fast days too!).

No change on the scale this morning (day after fast), but I expected it. Hoping for a small loss on Friday. Were you successful with cutting out snacks last week? I know I could probably skip lunch sometime, maybe I’ll try it today.

I plan on getting in some kind of walk today and 30 minutes of a Plyo video. I like Plyo (Insanity type workout), because I weirdly like to jump ;). It’s a rainy day here, and I hate to admit that fall has come to the Midwest, time to break out my boots. However, Florida is only a few weeks away!

Let me know how your fast day is going 🙂
    Em

Hi Em
    Woop woop – good exercise and no snacking as well as less drinking means I am now down to 61.7kg (136lb). I’m getting there.
    So it’s mainly about my non FD’s and keeping track on what I eat then. I kind of knew this already but I obviously needed to be reminded in practice.
    Today I’m having lunch with my mother in law so will try to keep a level head and not eat too much (which is difficult sometimes after a fast day).
    Lotta xx

P.S Em – would your recommend a Fitbit? I have a very basic step measure Pulse.
    Also I’ve ordered a new set of scales that measures fat and muscle mass – it should arrive today. 🙂

Whoa Lotta, you are on the fast track! You go girl!!

Have you had to buy a new wardrobe since starting 5:2? 2 new wardrobes??

I’m happy to say that clothes I wouldn’t have touched a month ago feel great now :). I do think I’ll need to tighten my drinking & snacking as well, yesterday I made apple crisp for the kids, but also had a nice scoop as well 😉 along with a few glasses of wine, oops…

At least 5:2 allows be to not gain in these moments of weakness??

I do like my fitbit charge because it also gives me the time (along with steps of course) with a push of a button. I think I mainly use it as a push to get outside and walk at lunch during any free time I have. I think it helps me to take a mental break at times, does that make sense?

New scales, that’s a good idea, let me know how you like it!

It’s been so nice having a fasting buddy, thanks for that!!
    Em

Hello!

I’m checking in during my Thursday fast day. After I complete today, I’ll have 5 weeks of successful 5:2ing! I’m proud to be back on the wagon and feeling confident and slim!

I had some fun workouts this week, and I’m looking forward to a weekend filled with playing tennis (my favorite form of exercise).

I’ll be interested in how my weight loss will be this month. I’m trying to not be so focused on the scale right now, but it’s hard! Even half of a pound loss feels like an accomplishment. Do you have a goal weight Lotta? If so, we’ll be able to figure out maintenance together :). Getting ahead of myself…

My fast days are much better, but I still need to eat lunch. I can’t seem to manage to fast until dinner, oh well.

How was your day? Any fun weekend plans?
    Em

Hi Em
    Just coming to the end of my fast day today. Went slightly over the 500 but only by 22 cal so still ok.
    I’ve been skulking upstairs this evening playing candy crush and having a long bath to make the time go. I could have done something useful but haven’t had the energy.
    Well done on your FD’s this month. You’ve done really well! Feel proud of yourself 🙂
    I’m liking my new scales although they added 1lb onto my weight. I kind of knew the old scales were old and knackered so I’m not surprised. The Fat and Water % seems ok but the BMI is higher on it than when I calculate it on this site using the tracker… So not sure which one is true. It’s not a lot of difference though.
    Right – I’m off to bed now. Will check in tomorrow and report on any progress. I hope there is.
    Lotta xx

P.S I agree – it’s great to have a fasting buddy. Makes it much easier to deal with the tough days 🙂

Hey Lotta,

No progress for me this week :(. The scales stayed the same, so at least they didn’t go up? Are you counting calories on non-fast days? I’d like to avoid that if I can.

I’ll have to make sure to continue on this week, it’s not uncommon for me to convince myself things aren’t working at this point. Of course, I know 5:2 works great for me and I don’t want to have to start over again (the first few weeks are so hard).

I totally retreat and play candy crush too on fast nights :). I do think I need to push myself to be a little more productive on fast days. However, I do think fasting uses up all my willpower and there’s little left for paying bills or reading for work. Need to find a way to push through that…

Have a great weekend! Going to my husband’s 25th reunion and wearing a small little black dress ;).

Em

Hi Em, sorry I’ve been offline this weekend (tsk Lotta it’s Tuesday… ehm, yees 😉 ). How was your small LBD appearance at the weekend? I bet you looked amazing! 🙂 Tell all!
    I love events where I get to wear a dress now that I’m not the big wobbly heffa I used to be anymore. 🙂

I had a good week last week but then I ruined it by pigging out over the weekend. 🙁 But today is a new FD and I will persevere… not sure which other day I will do yet, might have to tomorrow (so 2 days in a row) to fit it in.

I love my Saturdays now that I do Zumba – I feel great. So I’m going to try to fit in another day of exercise during the week. I might try to do it at work – we have a gym here but I’ve never been.

Lotta xx

Hi Lotta!

I had a bit of a wobble (an English saying that I love) Monday & Tuesday this week. However, I’m back on the fasting train today and I will have to do a back to back as well.

My LBD was smokin’! I got quite a few compliments, but I think it may have led to my downfall early this week, weird right?? I do hate that I seem to fall into the same trap when it comes to managing my weight. (New diet excitement that I cannot maintain so I self-disrupt)

My friend says she always feels so good after Zumba. I like it too, but feel a little bit like a stiff during some of the songs. I like the Hip Hop dances better than Latin ;).

I’ll check in again later :).

Em

Hi Em
    I know exactly what you mean about the post event fall-out. It’s like ‘I’ve been so good now I’m going to relax’. I think the difference (with me anyway) is that I will always go back to fasting to ‘fix’ the added weight. Before 5:2 I would have just given up full stop. Now I know I can get back on track as long as I get into the FD habit again.
    My biggest issue now is that I keep eating the kids left overs – something I thought I’d weaned myself off over the last 18 months… but apparently not. 🙁
    So I need to knuckle down and not scoff their food.

Great to hear you had a good time at the weekend and it’s so lovely to hear people say nice things. I sometimes forget and then I bump into friends I haven’t seen in ages and they are so lovely about it.

I’m going to do a FD tomorrow – I have choir practice tonight and we usually have a drink afterwards.
    Hope your FD has been going well.
    Lotta x

Viewing 10 posts - 501 through 510 (of 510 total)

You must be logged in to reply.