When well meaning friends try to force food on you…

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
When well meaning friends try to force food on you…

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  CalifDreamer 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• We’ve all been there. We’re out to dinner with friends, at a party, or sometimes the toughest situation of all, at a friend’s home for dinner. We’ve made it through dinner, managing to eat small portions and doing more talking and pushing food around our plate than eating. We’ve done pretty well. Then comes Susie’s world famous chocolate cake that took hours to prepare. What do you do? Some of my favorite solutions:

“I’m stuffed! Everything else was so good! Your shrimp recipe was superb! I’m going to have to pass.”

Susie: “Oh, just a little slice. You’re going to love it!”

“I simply don’t have room. I’ll taste a bit of Larry’s.” (You know what happens if she puts a full piece down in front of you. You probably don’t have supernatural powers!)

Susie: “I’ll just cut you a piece. Just eat what you can.”

“No. I can’t eat any. I’m full.”

Susie: “Just a tiny piece!” (Now she’s being too pushy. She does know you’re trying to lose weight, right? Sounds like a diet sabotage attempt. Your health and self esteem are more important!

“Tell you what, wrap a piece up for me to take home. I simply can’t eat another bite now.” (Then dispose of it in the nearest dumpster on the way home. And report back to this forum so we can all give you a high 5 and big congrats!)

Good one, Cali! Actually, I would have taken it home and split it with my Husband the next day.
    One of my dear friends is an exceptional cook and when she hosts the Knitters, it is a real struggle to avoid eating everything on the buffet! When she offers a ‘scone to take home for your hubby’, I take it but then the next day is a Fast Day so we share it on Friday. Can’t tell her that.

Well I’m from the school of honesty. If I take the cake I won’t eat it, which would be a waste of food, and I think more insulting to the cook than saying “Thanks. It looks amazing, but I don’t really have a sweet tooth/like cake, so I’ll pass.”

I’m sick of people’s obsession with cake and trying to force people to eat it. I DON’T WANT IT. Would anyone have a problem saying no to jellied eels or hundred year egg? Why should cake be any different?

Or is that just me… 😁

HappyNow, ewwwww, jellied eel! I wouldn’t be expected to like that. But Susie’s world famous chocolate cake? In the spirit of honesty, after her second or third attempt to push it on you, how about, “Susie, are you trying to sabotage my diet?” Said with a smile, of course.

Now THAT’S the best retort.
    When we were first doing this, we were invited to a Pot Luck on a Fast Day. We took the Vegetable Pizza from Michael & Mimi’s first book, so that we could eat it. We made extra for the other guests. We told everyone that we were on a Fasting diet and wouldn’t be sampling other foods. That provoked gales of incredulous laughter and lots of jokes at our expense. We laughed along, knowing that tomorrow we’d weigh less and they wouldn’t. When the dessert was served, they all made a big show of saying, “MMMM! Yummy” and offering us bites.
    Now the host and hostess of that party are on Weight Watchers and the others just moan once in a while about wishing they could lose weight. People invite us for a piece of cake, then stop and ask, “Or is this one of your diet days?” We have trained our friends well.

Fasting_me, and you can secretly gloat under your breath in your smaller sized clothing. 😄 Have any of your friends switched to the 5:2?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.