When is 2 days not 48 hours??

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  fasting_me 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• So, I’m hitting the 5:2 diet (I hate that term, ‘diet’).

Being type A, I am obviously going for the 2 day fast as apposed to the split 2 day or alternate day fasting. However, with my now 34 hour fasting brain I am trying to workout what ‘2 days’ means… I have read that a single day fast is in fact 36 hours, does that mean I need to fast for 72 hours to make it to 2 days?

I started fasting approximately 19:00 on Wednesday evening (13th Sep), so do I finish on Friday at 19:00 (48 hours) or continue through until Saturday morning – which will make the fast around 62 hours long?

Any help appreciated – I want to get this right after all this effort 🙂

Wes

Your two days will be 24 hours plus 36 hours. Don’t worry. It will still work!

Thanks Cinque – so I will push on until tomorrow morning – works for me, now I’m past the first 36 hours, I actually feel rather good 🙂 Thanks again. w

All power to you!

Don’t worry too much about the hours.

If you are doing two non-consecutive days a week:
    Sleep -> Fast day -> Sleep -> Feed day. (Repeat one time later in the week)

If you are going to do your fast days consecutive:
    Sleep -> Fast day -> Sleep -> Fast day -> Sleep -> Feed days …

(Some people get confused about the 24 hours vs 36 hours but the first 12 hours after a feed day is just the night where you are still metabolizing food from the day before).

Perfect – got it thanks 🙂

Next days planned for Tuesday/Wednesday next week.

Thanks again.

w

Luminess, thank you for explaining what those 36 hours really mean! Frankly, I never really understood that either.

A ‘day’ is from when you wake up to when you go to bed for the ‘night’. Number of clock hours doesn’t matter.
    The only time hours matter is if you are trying to do a 16:8 component. That means doing all your eating within an 8-hour window and not eating at all during the other 16 hours of a 24-hour day.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply.